Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2023 6:49 AM

Jul 2017
A terrorist bombing in the city state, it's a high stakes job because of the people involved, which can only mean one thing: the Klondikes are out for blood.

Obviously, the farce of the Players and X-Playing Cards are not revealed to the media, and once again, rookie detective Sugar Peace must be kept silent on this bloody playing field that was meant to be a peacekeeping tool. However, the 3 Princes showing up, only for Klondikes's leader Ban to take advantage of the situation, and High Card's Theodore feels the pinch and necessity to round everyone up urgently to have Old Man Bernard issue missions to retrieve as many Cards as possible.

For Finn, the Sun Fields Orphanage calamity still strikes him at his core of losing the only place he calls home, and despite the mission at hand, Chris will have to move on together with him, like it or not of whatever he's feeling at the moment. Being ambushed by the Klondike Family's Jasper and Alex...and these 2 are basically lackeys who are only a small threat to Chris, who is a step ahead of them.

In the game of wits, who'll come out on top?
Mar 6, 2023 7:06 AM

Mar 2020
The capital has been struck by terrorists, and obviously it's the Klondikes. In this emergency, High Card must be assembled to stop the threat, but Finn hasn't recovered from losing the orphanage, the place he calls home. I'm surprised they didn't go the route of Chris getting in trouble, and then Finn suddenly showing up to save him. Instead, they went together on the train, but ultimately get ambushed by Jasper and Alex, who are desperate to move up the ranks in the Klondike Family, and my, Jasper didn't think his plan through. Wasn't a huge fan of how this went down, there were some good chances for better characterization for Finn I think, but it is what it is.
Mar 6, 2023 7:55 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Somehow this latter half of the series has felt tame in comparison to the stakes. Maybe it's the direction or the characterization but the impact is missing. Anyhow, it's good to see Finn back on his feet.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Mar 6, 2023 8:06 AM

Oct 2022
Expected more craziness and an interesting story but delivered an average action anime with only three episodes left. Not unforgettable for sure even if this episode had much content there are some scenes that pissed me off especially when the bad guy told that he used cards because it is more fun: the card system and the lore behind could be improved not the usual battle between the good protectors of the order and the villains.

Mar 6, 2023 9:54 AM

May 2019
So Chris was able to get Finn out of his depression after Finn felt guilty that his old home was burned down and also for Lindsey telling Finn that he'd be happier if he didn't come anymore. I also thought Finn would show up later when Chris was in trouble but instead they both boarded a train and encountered one of the two guys with more strength than brains. It was a decent episode and I wonder if that lady with a dog that found Finn has a card herself or has some type of valuable information.
Mar 6, 2023 12:11 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I'm feeling goose-bimps

I'm the track-star

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 6, 2023 12:14 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Chris gave Finn a little pep talk and now they are in a heated battle between Alex who has the 5 of Clubs and Jasper from the Klondike Family. The Klondike Family has started to become more bold with their attacks recently even going as far as killing one of the Princes from the four kingdoms.
Mar 6, 2023 12:31 PM

Jan 2021
Terrorist bombing in the city capital, probably from the Klondikes family. Chris almost got 2 of them but they got away.

The whole High Card got called in for an mission, because Julius doesn't want the cards in the wrong hands, Ban decides to come and take a visit while Theodore is there as well. 

Old Man Bernard send everyone on their own mission, and Chris was teamed up with Finn but Finn was still in shock after what happened to his only place that he called home, he couldn't bare the burden and sat home for 2 weeks straight, Chris came to visit him and told him that it wasn't his fault what woke him up and they both catched the train on the last minute, while they arrived at their destination they got ambushed by Jasper & Alex, but Jasper is kinda dumb because he's still in the train as well while Alex will plan out the ambush, so he panicked. While arriving at the bridge, Alex was ready to attack but Jasper saved the train at the last second, Finn got thrown overboard and into the water, while Chris is still fighting those two. A lady and a dog found Finn laying on the ground. 

Now is the question, who will win this fight and take the cards?
Mar 6, 2023 3:34 PM

Sep 2021
Another very good episode! I had high hopes for Chris helping Finn past his trauma and they were fulfilled! They sure develop a wonderful connection. 

On the bigger scale however, things are going downhill. The Klondikes make their move and the Pinocle's progress isn't all that great. At the same time, Theodore seems to have a connection to Klondikes, making it questionable whether collecting the cards for him is even the right move! The Klondikes finding out about Finn and Chris traveling to the countryside only makes this worse. 

The following train battle was pretty intense, facing off against what seems to be the weakest link of Klondike - both mentally and card-wise. Although "Metallical Parade" did not seem like a 2 card at all! And while the passangers of the train are safe, I don't see Chris winning against Jasper and Alex. His offense is just too weak, plus "crowd-control" renders his regeneration useless. They can just take him hostage. 

So next week, it's Finn's turn to safe his buddy!

This series grows onto me more and more every week, but honestly, I can't imagine it being wrapped up in three episodes. Hopefully they don't rush it and just give it a second season. 
Mar 6, 2023 3:41 PM

Sep 2021
Ranniwaifuending said:
when the bad guy told that he used cards because it is more fun: the card system and the lore behind could be improved not the usual battle between the good protectors of the order and the villains.
I think there might be more to it. After all, we don't know the relation between him and Theodore. He seems like the kind of guy who even uses his "family" for his own goals. 
Mar 6, 2023 7:13 PM
Aug 2020
I won’t lie, I was hoping for a better episode, something is missing, I will continue but the potential is not really exploited like I was expecting…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Mar 7, 2023 12:42 AM

Jan 2021
I feel like the last two episodes have been a bit boring... it feels like the excitement is gone. But I'm still curious about how this will end and who will win between Klondike and Pinochle.

Mar 7, 2023 1:06 AM

Dec 2015
Seems like the Bernard guy (butler) tipped the other guys off on purpose ... to force a showdown. To finally make some progress.
Mar 7, 2023 7:06 AM
May 2011
With only 3 episodes left, it looks like Vijay is going to get shafted in the backstory department. I'm also beginning to worry that we won't get an actual ending and will instead be told to continue the story in the supplemental material
Mar 7, 2023 10:42 AM

Jan 2019
Man this show really fell off, it's a shame after it had such a fantastic start.

Mar 8, 2023 11:23 AM

Jul 2022
pretty boring, although at the end it was aight.. hope it gets better again man
Mar 9, 2023 9:43 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
team missions and both kids found objetives without without going out looking for it!!! kekeke
Mar 9, 2023 8:09 PM
Oct 2019
Starting the episode with so much intense!!

Sad seeing depressing Finn but glad he decided to comeback.

The antagonist guy Jesper or whoever the name was is a freaking Clown lol

Is that Arya Tawawa in the end?
Mar 13, 2023 5:38 PM

Aug 2019
This episode was honestly another disappointment :(

So our main villain decided to kill one of the princes of Fourland just for fun... Okay. And now our main group of characters are off to hunt down some cards or something? I honestly dozed off in some parts of this episode.

Not much really happened in this episode I feel, but how tf did Jasper become a player? -_- You're telling me they really let him keep his card? It's not even a bad card either. Metallic Paradise seems like a pretty powerful card if used right!
Mar 22, 2023 3:39 PM
Aug 2022
It was just exceptionally well done
Mar 24, 2023 4:36 PM

Nov 2021
this anime started off so strong ,,, what happend???

Jul 7, 2023 12:08 PM
Aug 2021
Happy to see Finn is no longer depressed. Why did bro kick him off instead of just shifting him to another location on the train😂.
Jul 8, 2023 7:13 PM

Jul 2016
Altadena said:
this anime started off so strong ,,, what happend???

Like alot of animes, it has a strong concept but such poor characters that you dont really get involved with them.
Jul 31, 2023 5:51 PM

Feb 2018
Chris got Finn up on his feet again. Train almost got destroyed and then saved by the very same people also Jasper doesn't seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed lul
May 1, 11:05 PM

Aug 2019
Chris was the character I never expected to be so caring and gentle.

More topics from this board

Poll: » High Card Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 27, 2023

42 by Sun_Chan »»
May 2, 12:15 AM

Poll: » High Card Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 20, 2023

27 by Sun_Chan »»
May 1, 11:53 PM

Poll: » High Card Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 13, 2023

36 by Sun_Chan »»
May 1, 11:29 PM

Poll: » High Card Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 27, 2023

41 by Sun_Chan »»
May 1, 10:41 PM

Poll: » High Card Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 20, 2023

37 by Sun_Chan »»
May 1, 10:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.