Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Fuka Shou - Yakusai-hen Episode 9 Discussion

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 9, 2023 12:10 PM

Mar 2018
Finally some background, tho this EP was too much, just too much to handle ㅠㅠ
Mar 9, 2023 7:19 PM

Jan 2013
Wow, what an episode this was! Now it's impossible not to ship them, this episode was truly incredible.
We still have 2 episodes left to end this season, so i can't wait!
But i can't believe that my man Bell is going solo against that boss while being at -50hp lmao

But if he's indeed going, i hope he has a trick up his sleeve.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 10, 2023 9:38 AM
Jan 2021
Season 4 is hitting hard with the character development. I was originally spoiled on the tense contact bit, but It was perfectly executed. Wasn't what I expected
Mar 10, 2023 6:53 PM
Mar 2021
Most critical emotional damage episode here... 😭
Mar 11, 2023 2:52 AM
Jan 2021
was great to see what happened to ryu there
it was pretty sad to see what ryu went through and giving up on her ideals
great ep overall
Mar 12, 2023 3:27 AM
Apr 2018
This episode pretty much the best one so far of all the seasons imo. Reading the astrea familia scene in LN and seeing it in Anime version was just justified thoroughly and even far beyond. 
The gruesome and gore deaths, the horror and panic amongst the members, the beautiful background ost sung by Saori Hayami *chefs kiss* delivering all the emotions, Alise, Kaguya and layla sacrificing and laying it down for Ryu to chant the spell while she herself watches in despair her friends dying, just hit the feels hard. 
Worst part is juggernaut not only even getting any damage but just escaping scot free which was just salt on the wound, but ryu's soul got even more hurt after seeing she couldnt even bury her familia properly with their bodies devoured by the monsters. 
The next part of revenge in the name of justice, abandoned by her own god and told to give up on her idea of justice. Still ryu went down the dark path, suffering, anger, pain, more despair and it didnt even end after killing jura, Even till this day she held all of it inside without showing any form of emotion of it outside. Feeling that she deserves not to be saved like a criminal and die so that she can join her friends and comrades, getting left behind. Hayami saori just nailed all of her feelings with the voice acting just perfectly. She deserves an award for this. 
Glad Bell slowly trying to make her value her self , even though Ryu says she is a filthy criminal, Bell keeps reminding her she was always a righteous champion of justice rather a hero of ideals, something which Alise, Kaguya, lyla, her familia and others saw her as. 
Also for the first time Ryu calling Bell by his name and a Full face Ryu blush? Total Cherry on the top for the ending. loved it
Great episode 10/10 
Mar 12, 2023 9:44 AM
Dec 2010
So nice to see beloved heroes in this way ❤️
Mar 14, 2023 10:54 AM
Dec 2019
I like how they interact each other
Mar 16, 2023 10:03 PM

Feb 2019
it was nice to see Ryu's story and why she did what she did, but she's so overwrought with guilt and she really didn't want to lose anyone else close to her that's why she often came across as standoffish.
Mar 16, 2023 11:04 PM

Mar 2016
Damn, this episode was brutal. Poor Ryu, she doesn't deserved any of this sufferings. :(

Also, J.C.staff really step it up a notch with animations on this one. After disaster of Index SS3 where animation was a slide show, I didn't expect much from them so I'm really glad they are improving their animation qualities.
Mar 18, 2023 1:15 PM
Sep 2017
So much awesome
Literaly best season
Mar 20, 2023 9:51 PM
Jan 2023
worst episode so far. this backstory stuff is so boring. give me good fights and action
Mar 21, 2023 12:10 PM

May 2021
the music, the (really) brutal deaths, the emotions... damn, respect JC Staff and Fujino Oomori fr. RYU BEST GIRL!
Mar 22, 2023 6:01 AM
Mar 2023
this is a masterpiece, the history, characters, quality image, love it
Mar 22, 2023 9:06 AM

Aug 2019
quite the emotional episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2023 1:31 PM

Jun 2015
Hearing about it was one thing, but seeing it is a completely different one. WHat happened to them was horrifying.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Mar 24, 2023 9:16 AM

Feb 2022
Ryu getting flustered is so adorable.
Apr 2, 2023 7:08 AM

Nov 2010
Yeah, it really sucked to see those hotties die, especially Kaguya & Alise. But at least they were able to do some damage on that thing. Alise's final attack looked cool. It reminded me of Goku's Kaio-ken. She looked so hot & sexy until the end! I like Alise's outfit/armor.
I still wonder how Ais would fare against a Juggernaut.
Damn, Astrea is a hottie! I wish she were my mistress.
It looks like Ryu has finally become a part of Bell's harem. lol
Apr 2, 2023 11:04 AM
Sep 2020
It was a worse massacre than I imagined. I felt so sorry for her group... R.I.P.
Apr 8, 2023 1:30 AM
Nov 2020
For me it was easily the best episode in the whole series to date, at first i started this anime thinking that it's just an action, harem anime and maybe ecchi but the storytelling and how bell was overcoming hardships made me change my mind. Wasn't expecting those dismemberment scenes and they even nailed it perfectly from the animations, bgm and presentations, i knew JC staff would nail it.
wait.... why am i hearing viva la vida in my mind ?
Natsu_ArkadeApr 8, 2023 1:41 AM
Apr 14, 2023 5:53 PM
Feb 2022
This season is so fucking good
Apr 20, 2023 3:28 AM

Oct 2016
Holy shit, I haven't watched an anime episode this scary in a long time. I really felt the fear and despair the Astrea Familia experienced during that massacre.

Damn, that really made me cry. Wtf

(At the end of the tunnel... there's hope. I feel like Ryu has been saved in many ways by Bell.)
May 18, 2023 1:23 PM
Nov 2020
Had read the novel and was expecting this part to come sooner or later and after watching it in anime this still hits like a truck and they went all out with the insert song and damn that song was also beautiful

Now Elf secured for the harem 🌚😼
Tee~Heee 😜
May 25, 2023 12:18 PM
Oct 2017
the way the last 3 just faced and accepted their deaths was gut wrenching man was a crazy episode
Jun 1, 2023 3:59 PM
Sep 2020
@johndeerdrew and that comes from who likes berserk 2016!! yeah right dude!🤣
Jun 22, 2023 2:33 PM
Sep 2020
Loved seeing Ryu backstory
Jun 30, 2023 8:47 AM
Mar 2023
nice plot, amazing episode
Jul 8, 2023 4:49 PM

Sep 2017
I certainly wasn't looking forward to seeing the last moments of Astrea Familia animated, but have to admit it was necessary for the story - particularly the impact it had on Ryu, and the production really did the scenes justice - pun intended 

Not that it would ever happen, but a spin off series covering the Astrea Record/Dark Era section of Orario history would definitely be on my wishlist. Although I did find Erebus to be really irritating ^_^
ArcaedesJul 8, 2023 4:54 PM
Aug 30, 2023 8:39 AM

Jan 2021
Best girl in the show fell for Bell, good for him
Oct 19, 2023 8:57 AM

Apr 2013
So we finally get Ryu's backstory. Not like there was any new information though, we already knew what happened back then.
Feb 10, 5:36 PM

Nov 2009
OOF,

So the strongest of the Astrea familia decided to lay down their lives cause they wanted to save Ryuu.

No wonder Ryuu is hyper pissed at Evilus and wants to kill them all.

Dude... this is so Sad... I already know it's going to be sad since the beginning, but this just makes it even sadder.

Actual noble sacrifices..

And Actual noble Murder, even the guild knows her reason and didn't go after her as previously seen when Fels told Ryuu not to leak Juggernaut and they'll let her do her thing.

But OFC... Ryuu's magic didn't kill the Juggernaut... but she was able to escape too.

Tho... it looks like the Juggernaut was on a time limit, it turned into Dust after a while huh...

Even sadder when she dream of her friends "crossing" and leaving her behind...

Season 4 is made of SADGE... everything in this season is super sad...

But Bell constantly making Ryuu blush is funny tho, LOL

And they found blue water that no one had ever recorded cause no one went through that area before, not even Loki familia.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Fuka Shou - Yakusai-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2023

205 by chahid »»
May 2, 12:09 PM

» Am I the only one thinking that about these OST ?

NekoToChiru - Mar 3

19 by therealnagora »»
Mar 28, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Fuka Shou - Yakusai-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2023

58 by Thisismobarok »»
Feb 22, 8:16 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Fuka Shou - Yakusai-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2023

123 by amlg »»
Feb 10, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Fuka Shou - Yakusai-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2023

103 by amlg »»
Feb 10, 5:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.