Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 11, 2010 9:19 PM
Jun 2007
This thread exists so up-to-date manga readers can freely discuss the latest manga chapter, and to avoid the posting of spoiler-ish material in the comments section of the club.

Feel free to discuss the most recent chapter, or just Gantz (manga) in general. Theories and speculations are welcome as well.

Also, if you are posting spoilers (scripts and/or pictures) from a chapter not yet scanlated in English, please be considerate of others and use spoiler tags.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 12, 2010 7:42 PM

Oct 2007
Well I've read upto the latest Gantz chapter (318) and I've been thinking. You know those guys who can control the Gantz balls... If they are able to transfer any gantzer & weapons at free will, wouldn't that mean they are able to revive fallen Gantz members (well at least the current ones)?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 2010 11:34 PM
Jun 2007
Excellent points.

That brings up more questions, though. Where did the Gantz balls come from? Can any black ball access the database of another blackball, then revive "x" person in that ball's database? From what we've seen so far these guys controlling the black balls are only using its basic capabilities (only transferring Gantzers from Point A to Point B).

I guess that leaves to a few possibilities:

1) Those in control are still fumbling their way through complete control of the black balls. They may have some grasp of how the contraption works but aren't able to harness some of the more advanced capabilities.
2) They know how Gantz works but opts not to disclose the information since if they hand out the powerful weapons (Über-suit, H-Gun, Mech), those who they try to coerce might turn on them and take over instead--which would lead to everyone killing everybody for control. Not a result they're looking for.
May 19, 2010 4:02 PM

Mar 2009
Avarice said:
Excellent points.

I guess that leaves to a few possibilities:

1) Those in control are still fumbling their way through complete control of the black balls. They may have some grasp of how the contraption works but aren't able to harness some of the more advanced capabilities.
2) They know how Gantz works but opts not to disclose the information since if they hand out the powerful weapons (Über-suit, H-Gun, Mech), those who they try to coerce might turn on them and take over instead--which would lead to everyone killing everybody for control. Not a result they're looking for.

Yeah, wondering if they're connected to Sebastion and the German Co. Or if they could be just veteran gantzers hacking em on their own.
May 26, 2010 9:05 PM
Jun 2007
Bah, the Oku went overkill by injecting gratuitous Kei x Tae drama in the latest chapter. Granted that the art was gorgeous, the damsel-in-distress plot device is rubbing me the wrong way.
May 27, 2010 4:35 AM

Aug 2009
Avarice said:
Bah, the Oku went overkill by injecting gratuitous Kei x Tae drama in the latest chapter. Granted that the art was gorgeous, the damsel-in-distress plot device is rubbing me the wrong way.

Same with me. I love the relationship between the two though. I'm just praying that Kei saves her in time.
Jul 1, 2010 11:12 AM

Mar 2009
I love the relationship between the two though. I'm just praying that Kei saves her in time.
Ditto. I hope he books it through that ship.
Nov 9, 2010 9:31 PM

Mar 2008
I think the zoo captives would have been safer staying put than running around where they are at the mercy of the aliens.
Nov 24, 2010 1:44 PM
Nov 30, 2010 8:15 PM
Jul 2010
i would have thought that the bald guy would have not come back to the room after getting out of the ball
Dec 11, 2010 5:04 AM
Sep 2009
what happened to the Vampires in the middle of all this mess?
Mar 17, 2011 4:46 PM

Mar 2009
The Vamps could be anywhere at this point. Though Kei and Izumi pretty much ended what was left of their organization, I'd expect Host and Kill Bill to make an appearance at some point.
Feb 11, 2012 6:23 AM
Feb 2012
:O I'd forgotten about the vamps lol, well I'm sure they'll show up sooner or later.
Since the chapters are far apart kind of forget what happens lol.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» What's your favourite character? ( 1 2 3 )

CedikFlaw - Sep 9, 2007

102 by Alush »»
Mar 11, 2016 3:23 AM

» Gantz fanfictions

Manga-System - Jul 28, 2013

0 by Manga-System »»
Jul 28, 2013 8:39 AM

Poll: » Tokyo vs Osaka (spoiler vol21 pool)

ManteR - Nov 1, 2008

11 by Rosputin »»
Jun 24, 2013 7:38 AM

» Wouldn't a new series be great!

Cooperation-san - Jun 16, 2012

3 by Persius »»
Sep 8, 2012 5:32 AM

» Gantz Sci-Fi Manga Made Into 2 Live-Action Films in 2011

Liahn - Nov 17, 2009

14 by Gray_Aria »»
Dec 3, 2010 2:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.