Forum Settings
Forums

Guys, I think there was originally meant to be a different ending. Also, spoilers ahead, don't read this till you've finished the whole thing.

New
Feb 16, 2023 1:50 AM
Jun 2022
My theory is that, in the original ending, Yori is meant to discover that he and Iku are definitely not blood related and can stay together.

In my theory, straight after their birth, both Saki’s boy and girl twins are visibly the natural children of Mori-san (who apparently had quickly entered an arranged marriage upon hearing about Saki’s pregnancy.)  After the birth Saki and Mori-san secretly decide to keep one of their children each, with Saki taking the boy, Yori.  Mori-san, being a doctor and hospital administrator, is easily able to find an unwanted newborn girl to replace Saki’s missing girl twin.  Later he fudges his daughter’s birth certificate to make it look like his wife was the mother and that his baby daughter was born three months later (say nine months after the wedding.) Then the wife quickly leaves the loveless arranged marriage, which is now based on a lie, not interested in raising the daughter who was never hers.

This would have allowed a clean happy ending, but my guess is the editor and readers didn’t want the story to go in that direction.  With her readers preferring that the relationship had always definitely been incestuous, the mangaka wrote the ending of Iku and Yori being half-siblings.

Why else would the character of Mori-san’s daughter need to exist if not to imply that she is Yori’s real twin?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru Chapter 58 Discussion

ClawViper - Jul 3, 2014

21 by pup1 »»
Feb 16, 2023 9:38 PM

» My god the mother

Jak - Oct 31, 2016

5 by RarestProGamer »»
Jan 2, 2017 11:49 PM

Poll: » Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru Chapter 56 Discussion

ClawViper - May 6, 2014

3 by Sapewloth »»
Mar 25, 2016 5:59 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru Chapter 51 Discussion

KingCez - Jan 30, 2014

2 by Sapewloth »»
Mar 25, 2016 4:34 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru Chapter 50 Discussion

snuffless - Dec 26, 2013

2 by Sapewloth »»
Mar 25, 2016 4:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.