Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 11, 2023 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
To the surprise of no one, Vash and his crew gets hunted again. This episode was about as intense as it got with Vash and Nicholas Wolfwood teaming up to survive.

Feels like this episode is a test of both physical and mental skills. 
Feb 11, 2023 8:35 AM

Mar 2021
God damn!! That backstory was such an acid trip. Another amazing episode. I'm loving this series with every coming episode
Feb 11, 2023 8:45 AM

Sep 2018
Is it just me, or does Vash seem a lot more ineffectual in this adaptation? Aside from the first episode when he saved the town, he's never actually done much except run away, shout at other people to run away, and rely on others to save the day for him. Rather than seeming like his pacifism was a principled choice like in the original, in here it just seems like he's an incompetent coward, which is pretty disappointing.

That said, the flashback sections of this episode were pretty cool, especially with the psychedelic sequence, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they handle Brilliant Dynamites Neon. They foreshadowed him pretty well in the opening episode with a wanted poster in the background, so I've been awaiting this for a while.
Feb 11, 2023 8:47 AM

Jun 2019
Man... this episode was so wonderfully directed. The episode was focused on Wolfwood and his backstory back at the orphanage. Livio and Wolfwood were such adorable kids and now he's in such a weird position. I felt bad for him.

The flashback and the dream sequence were definitely the highlight for me in this episode. Such an acid trip. It was so wonderfully done. This whole episode was sweet but very sad at the same time. I wonder what will happen now. Can't wait for next week.
Feb 11, 2023 9:23 AM

Jan 2009
very good episode we see more backstory and spotlight from Wolfwood so he is still a kid that have accelerated aging due to the special drug he is taking to be superhuman

that new enemy using telekinesis is so strong too wtf
Feb 11, 2023 9:30 AM
May 2021
Nice ep! I really love this dark part of Trigun!
Feb 11, 2023 9:35 AM
Oct 2016
Diving into Wolfwood past with the latest Gung-ho Gun to attack Vash. Having been introduced for a few episodes ago it's time to learn more about Wolfwood. We meet one of this old friends from the orphanage he grew up in named Livio. Whom is the next Gung-ho Gun to try and kill Vash. It makes for a great inner conflict with Wolfwood as he sees someone he thought of as a little brother become this monstrous creation. Livio having been dropped off at that orphanage where Wolfwood was, ended up being the orphanage where Knives and his followers got children to experiment on. Seems they did that a lot since we saw that windmill town sacrifice its children to them. Wolfwood and Livio having hard lives, the former having a high aptitude for those drugs that enhance people. It was hard to watch as Wolfwood went through the mental torment of that treatment, warping his body and mind to excess limits. Livio sadly following his older brother into that hell wanting to be close. Most bone chilling part of this episode had to be the introduction of Legato Bluesummers. I love his new design and voice, Super unsettling and effective for intimidation. Using his telekinesis to bash Wolfwood around his cell then later break that sand ship. The follows of Knives are wrecking havoc coming after Vash while Wolfwood is being shocked of his past.
Feb 11, 2023 9:38 AM

Jun 2014
Nicholas and Livio had such a precious friendship as kids, but this is the Trigun world so of course no one can be happy. Such a shame what Nicholas went through as a human experiment, and to see what became of Livio in the present. And to make matters even worse, Legato Bluesummers makes his debut to muddy the waters on that ship even more with his formidable powers. This episode was sad but intense. 
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 11, 2023 10:00 AM
Jan 2022
This is the only episode I’ve really liked since episode 1
Feb 11, 2023 10:06 AM

Aug 2022
OweynLupton said:
Is it just me, or does Vash seem a lot more ineffectual in this adaptation? Aside from the first episode when he saved the town, he's never actually done much except run away, shout at other people to run away, and rely on others to save the day for him. Rather than seeming like his pacifism was a principled choice like in the original, in here it just seems like he's an incompetent coward, which is pretty disappointing.
What? He literally manhandled Livio. And he runs away so he doesn't unintentionally kill someone. This makes more sense than facing danger head-on like an idiot when you're not willing to kill the enemy.
Feb 11, 2023 10:15 AM

May 2020
They made Wolfwood's backstory so messed up, I don't remember such tragedy being a part of the original. He's practically a machine designed to serve the purpose of killing any anomaly within Knives' troop. Makes sense why they named him "Punisher".

Legato Bluesummers is here as well and he means business.. a killing spree. Some brutal episode this was.
Feb 11, 2023 10:20 AM

Oct 2017
Tragic backstory for Nicholas and they got themselves in a real bad mess this time.
Feb 11, 2023 10:51 AM

Mar 2019
Great episode. I'm still a little worried about the pacing, and the name of the next episode is making me nervous (anyone who has read Trigun Maximum knows what I'm talking about). Hoping for a second cour and not just 12/13 episodes. Will Brilliant Dynamites Neon shows up too?
MarusaruMaiaFeb 11, 2023 3:19 PM
Feb 11, 2023 11:17 AM

Sep 2018
StaleNut said:
OweynLupton said:
What? He literally manhandled Livio. And he runs away so he doesn't unintentionally kill someone. This makes more sense than facing danger head-on like an idiot when you're not willing to kill the enemy.

It's a far cry from how Vash in the original series would have handled things. The original Vash was a pretty great shot, and would have found some way to effectively disarm and incapacitate Livio while also preserving the lives of those around him. He did this time and time again throughout the series. This Vash, on the other hand, spent most of the episode running away, begging others to run, or telling Wolfwood to do something. In the beginning of the episode they were on a practically empty deck and Vash even ended up getting the upper hand, only for him to fuck up and run away, putting more people in danger. At the end, he did run in to tackle Livio... which ended up being completely useless. Literally all he did was hold him down while, again, begging some soldiers to run, without even bothering to attempt to properly stop him.

It's just incredibly dissatisfying to watch, seeing how his fleeing always seems like mere self-preservation, though perhaps that's just my preconceptions of the original biasing me against this version of Vash. Who knows, maybe they might even do something interesting with his cowardice.
Feb 11, 2023 12:13 PM
May 2021
This reboot is awesome 🔥🔥🔥🔥. Those action scenes were so dam smooth and well choreographed
Feb 11, 2023 12:51 PM
Jan 2023
HOLY MOLY BATMAN WHAT THE FUCK
Feb 11, 2023 12:56 PM

Feb 2013

Trigun S Episode 6: Wow, I really like the different turn they did for Wolfwood's character. The fact that he's not actually an adult but really a kid in an adult body is something I never saw coming. No wonder they didn't want to introduce Milly into the story, it would be super weird if they were intimate this time around. Bluesummers showing up was bound to happen. Though because he has Shiggy's voice as well as the blue hair, it's weird telling them apart. He's just more immaculate Shiggy 😆 Having him be forced to work for Knives is really sad, I hope he doesn't have to kill his brother, but I can sadly see the story going that way. Either that, or Bluesummers doing it himself just to be evil.  I am so loving this show! 😍
Feb 11, 2023 2:24 PM

Mar 2007
Seriously, learning that Wolfwood is actually a boy in a man's body ... forced into a mission because he's trying to save his found family fellow orphan brother is just so sad.

The action sequences were wonderfully choreographed. Bravo.

And the Badlands Gang! Gave off vibes of Mad Max Fury road, except without the flaming guitar but plenty of Neon. That was beautiful.
Best episode so far.
Stormy_77Feb 11, 2023 2:31 PM
Feb 11, 2023 2:39 PM

Dec 2016
What a gorgeous episode. Action looked superb and the flashback was super stylish. Wolfwood is even more tragic a character in this version. Gosh, I just loved it. 
Feb 11, 2023 3:05 PM
Jul 2021
I give up.......

This version, even if it is a remade of the manga about "we made it with all the content known with the manga" is ABOSLUTE CRAP !!!

No about the realisation of Orange with CGI
No about the way they narrate and develop the story
BUT ABOUT the respectful way of the original work ( I re-read Trigun + Trigun Maximum this week after episode 5 and they ruined, with no spoil, many many things !!!)

But in my opinion after 6 episodes, this anime is going in a way that I despise : many cuts, mixing, a story too different and too many shortcuts !

That I need to tell for Anime Only (especially who didn't event see the first anime) "Read the F-king manga !"
Feb 11, 2023 3:19 PM

Nov 2021
Great episode, I really enjoyed the soundtrack and 2d animated bits
Feb 11, 2023 3:23 PM

Jun 2012
Holy f that was amazing, especially how they showed Wolfwood's story and then the whole experimentation part from his perspective. Never seen anything like either of those in anime. Was the backstory part hand-drawn as well? Seemed like it, but not sure.
10/10. Was disappointed it ended.
"The f**ker who goes round beating people to a pulp. He thinks it'll never happen to himself. But there's gonna be a day when the f**ker gets f**king beaten to a pulp too. But that day's f**king today and the guy doing the beating is a f**king c**t." - Sang-hoon, Breathless (2009)
Feb 11, 2023 4:01 PM

May 2015
I wish the show was fully animated in that 2d style, looked gorgeous and for a moment made this interesting again. Then we returned to the actual plot, and it's kinda too primitive, I don't know. But I can't fully take it seriously.
Feb 11, 2023 4:21 PM
Mar 2019
They did a really great job exploring Wolfwood's background and setting the stakes for him next episode.

I'm actually terrified to know what happens next ep xD
Feb 11, 2023 5:14 PM

Dec 2018
good fight scenes, action still feels wonky at parts. good cliffhanger, and some crazy backstory. solid episode.
Feb 11, 2023 6:08 PM

Apr 2022
wolfwood looked like he was on demon time in the beginning. action scenes well done again.
Feb 11, 2023 8:35 PM
Feb 2023
OMG the ANIMATION for this episode and the fight scenes were ASTOUNDING! Also Wolfwood's BG was absolutely heartbreaking; in the OG we never got to see any of that and so I absolutely loved it. Legato also feels like a bigger threat than the OG. Can't wait to see how next episode goes already!
Feb 11, 2023 8:52 PM

Mar 2013
I'm surprised that they're debuting Livio this early! I'm not a fan of his new look, though. It's a far cry from the badass suit he had in the manga...
Feb 11, 2023 9:46 PM
May 2017
Enjoyed the visuals in this episode a lot; also seeing more into Nicholas' lifestory as well. Now he faces a dilemma at the end of the episode.

Solid episode overall 4/5
Feb 11, 2023 10:53 PM

Sep 2015
Way better than the last episode, wow this was good.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Feb 12, 2023 1:32 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
sad memories and horrible destiny!!!!! :(

kekeke
Feb 12, 2023 2:28 AM

Jul 2016
V1P3R0P said:
God damn!! That backstory was such an acid trip. Another amazing episode. I'm loving this series with every coming episode

Loved it. They are really fleshing Wolfwood out much better this time.
Feb 12, 2023 3:15 AM

May 2015
Nicholas' backstory was incredible
Feb 12, 2023 3:33 AM
Dec 2022
Possibly my favourite singular episode of an anime yet
Feb 12, 2023 4:57 AM

Sep 2019
Honestly surprised at the low engagement this anime is getting.

Episode 6 just released for almost a day and on reddit it only got 605 upvoted and only 33 replies on this thread lol
C6R5 Raiden
Feb 12, 2023 8:22 AM
Apr 2016
koneroko said:
Honestly surprised at the low engagement this anime is getting.

Episode 6 just released for almost a day and on reddit it only got 605 upvoted and only 33 replies on this thread lol
not surprising, when a show is bad it just doesn t get engagement.
Feb 12, 2023 9:16 AM
May 2020
[color=red]JUST LOVED THE EPISODE![/size]

-> The episode was very good, the development of Nicholas and his relationship with Livio was very good!
In addition, the animation remains impeccable until the present episode and I can only congratulate the animation team
Feb 12, 2023 9:50 PM

Feb 2017
BEST EPISODE YET those flashback animation sequences were SO good and wolfwood backstory is all I’ve been waiting for <3
Feb 12, 2023 10:35 PM

Jul 2008
Holy crap now we got Legato....they really are going full bore into the manga and im all for it.
Feb 12, 2023 10:45 PM

Oct 2013
Livio appears in the anime! For the first time ever, and in different way than he did in the manga, but still in style. :D

I liked the flashback and the way it looked different from the rest of the episode. Different and well done art for telling events from the past is always nice to see.

I might sound like a broken record, but the animation was stellar, just as in all previous episodes. What a gunfight it was! Everything escalated once Knives' powerful henchmen appeared out of blue and one of them rigged the Humpback's machinery. As if the situation couldn't be worse, another group of baddies (Bad Lads gang) used that opportunity to start their assault on the Sandsteamer.
Feb 13, 2023 7:17 AM

Jul 2017
Both Vash and Nicholas D. "The Punisher" Wolfwood going off on the Sand Steamer while both Meryl and Roberto needs to head back to work and encountering his orphan companion and brother Livio on a killing spree, this is their backstory.

Livio and Nicholas's flashback, through the speechless narration, is dark, ruthless and sombre with its child-like visual art style, while the former tries to kill Vash in any way, shape or form. Nicholas being the 1st test subject to be subjected to torture from this Eye of Michael cult that's part of Million Knives's noble plan to eradicate the world from Bluesummers, and he volunteered himself in Nicholas's place for the experiment. This all accumulates in the Sand Steamer getting shifted off course, leading to the Bad Lads gang arriving onboard, and this is the Punisher's punishment: a fate that he cannot run away from.

Orange's 3DCG impressive animation never ceases to please the eye, with its fight animation.

What a masterclass episode we have here, easily the best so far of what makes Stampede stand out differently from the 90s anime.
Feb 13, 2023 9:03 AM
Mar 2021
God this episode destroyed my whole soul
Feb 13, 2023 9:15 AM
Mar 2021
OweynLupton said:
StaleNut said:

It's a far cry from how Vash in the original series would have handled things. The original Vash was a pretty great shot, and would have found some way to effectively disarm and incapacitate Livio while also preserving the lives of those around him. He did this time and time again throughout the series. This Vash, on the other hand, spent most of the episode running away, begging others to run, or telling Wolfwood to do something. In the beginning of the episode they were on a practically empty deck and Vash even ended up getting the upper hand, only for him to fuck up and run away, putting more people in danger. At the end, he did run in to tackle Livio... which ended up being completely useless. Literally all he did was hold him down while, again, begging some soldiers to run, without even bothering to attempt to properly stop him.

It's just incredibly dissatisfying to watch, seeing how his fleeing always seems like mere self-preservation, though perhaps that's just my preconceptions of the original biasing me against this version of Vash. Who knows, maybe they might even do something interesting with his cowardice.
Imo this version of Vash is giving us a much more nuanced experience of what passivism is. In the OG he definitely does do more shooting, but in this he spends 80% of his time trying to diffuse traumatic situations. He knows, and now importantly for the audiences understanding of cowardice vs passivism, that there are only two possible outcomes: he kills his brother or his brother changes his mind.

Screaming at people, begging them to make different choices, and only using his gun to unequivocally stop other people from dying are his best hope at this point, unless he's willing to break what's left of his heart and hunt down his twin.

Every time someone stops their rampaging (Nevada) it gives him hope that love and peace can actually win, and that change is possible.
Feb 13, 2023 9:53 AM
Jul 2019
I kind of like to look at Stampede as a highlight reel of the Maximum manga in someone else’s art style. It largely skips the character writing, plotting & overall build up to get right to the climaxes. With only 12 episodes, it’s understandable. Thanks to the awesome visuals, it’s still very much worth a watch & enjoyable.
Feb 13, 2023 10:23 AM
Jan 2023
Wolfwood having a tragic, super dark backstory was not expected. Vash continues to be extremely likable, and the poor insurance folks just tryna do their jobs man... This psychic guy is cool but definitely one of the most evil characters we've been introduced to so far.
Feb 13, 2023 7:14 PM
Jan 2023
This episode had appealing visuals when they played the backstory.
Feb 13, 2023 11:46 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I need to know who directed this episode because WOW. Actually, I need the whole staff list. From the brilliant switch between 2D and 3D to the silent backstory to the great action, it was amazing.
Feb 14, 2023 8:18 AM
Mar 2011
My man Nicholas smoking bug feet!
Feb 14, 2023 9:52 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn Nicholas backstory was (intentionally) confusing and trippy for that part, was still need to know more about all that happened but I'm curious about his "brother" now
Feb 14, 2023 1:45 PM

Feb 2018
Well, it's taking it's own shape, but I dislike how they made Livio, just hope the next episodes make him justice and also, I hope it doesn't mean well see the end of Wolfwood so soon.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

212 by Aman765 »»
May 25, 8:07 PM

» WHY DOES VASH HAVE BLUE EYES

vp787 - Sep 15, 2023

10 by TheRockerX »»
May 11, 4:06 AM

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2023

154 by Riley_Hartis »»
Mar 6, 7:20 PM

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2023

126 by Riley_Hartis »»
Mar 6, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2023

407 by Riley_Hartis »»
Mar 6, 5:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.