Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 10, 2023 10:03 AM
Jan 2021
I seem to get a lot of hate for believing that Suzaku is morally correct in his methods to reform Brittania rather than use a violent revolution like Lelouch. Interested in seeing what most people think. 
Feb 10, 2023 10:58 AM
Aug 2021
GhostMuttt said:
I seem to get a lot of hate for believing that Suzaku is morally correct in his methods to reform Brittania rather than use a violent revolution like Lelouch. Interested in seeing what most people think. 

I do support Lelouch's ideology. But I do understand why people would think Suzaku's plan of reforming Britannia from within was more justified (One of these people being my little sister). That's not a reason to hate on anyone. No matter what you like there'll always be haters. Just ignore them and enjoy.👍
Feb 10, 2023 11:05 AM

Feb 2017
I won't hate ppl for an opinion they have unless it affects me in life. Personally I think Lelouch is doing the right thing because peaceful and kind ways of doing things usually never work when your enemy is a world power and you are oppressed by it to the level of being seen as a slave for cheap labor or targets for extermination. And although Suzaku says that he wants to reform Britannia from within, he is opposed to killing people despite joining the Britannian military. He was almost killed as a result of defying his superior's order to kill Lelouch and he already knew this would eventually happen. As Lelouch points out, Suzaku was more interested in being punished because he was not held accountable for his father's murder. He did not do so out of goodwill towards the Japanese. Now neither did Lelouch but he atleast saved Japanese by his actions than Suzaku who was always sent to kill as a soldier. So regardless of who finally reforms Britannia, unless they already have sufficient power, they would have blood on their hands. And Lelouch was just more aware of that sacrifice than Suzaku ever was. Euphemia was the one who came the closest. But regardless of her goodwill, unless she becomes the empress of Britannia, Cornelia and Schneizel were never going to allow Japanese ppl freedom, seeing as they conquered it for the Sakuradite mineral which powers their entire military infrastructure. And we all know ho much of a gory affair it is to ascend the throne of Britannia. I doubt' Euphemia's method would succeed beyond a certain point needed for the Japanese to truly call themselves independent. So I'll vote for Lelouch since he is the only one who knew the ugliness of the entire affair and went ahead with it.
FrozenLichFeb 10, 2023 11:17 AM
Best ending line in anime history = "My name is Saiki Kusuo. I am a psychic."
Feb 10, 2023 11:17 AM
Apr 2020
GhostMuttt said:

Honestly i couldnt stand suzaku throughout the whole series, he always looked like the first of the hypocrites, acting like he is the superior moral being while he is the first that has a lot of shit behind. At least lelou is honest with himself not caring too much about anyone besides Nunally. He goes his way, takes his own decisions and tries to figure out things on his own, suzaku is more like a puppet. And tbf while the series goes on its not like that suzakAss actually does something useful besides being the empire's dog. While his plan is to reform the empire from within he only fights the rebels and Zero, as if eliminating zero would actually make the empire a better place for non Britannians. Euphy's plan is not a great solution either so even if that went well nothing would have changed imho. So yeah, i see him just like a mannequin that keeps changing owner and orders. Oh and lets not forget that if it wasnt for lelou and the geass (the "You have to live and not die order") he would have sacrificed himself like some sort of martyr. Wow, nice doing Suzaku, being a martyr, good job... wait tho, werent you supposed to reform the empire from within? I dont think a corpse can make such a difference tho... SUZAK-ASS
Either way i dont want this to sound like an attack to you or others ppl opinion, at the end of the day its just a piece of fiction so everyone can like whoever they want, this is just my "kind of hot-headed" take on it 🫡
Feb 10, 2023 12:32 PM
Jan 2022
GhostMuttt said:

Generally, I agree with suzaku, especially when it comes to real world politics. Incrementalism I'd argue generally works especially under more liberal democracies. However in this case we are dealing with a fascist monarchy, and sadly fascism is not easily beaten from within. Let's say suzaku gets the best case scenario, and becomes the knight of 1 and gets in charge of Japan. All he can do is better Japan's condition, the royals wouldn't listen to his policies on reformation, and if he doesn't get the king on board it nothing matters, cuz if the king isn't on board he'd still need to do a coup d'etat. On top of that there is the worry of him being assassinated by one of the royals or nobles because they wish to keep their power. Sadly while suzaku's view is noble it would not work in this scenario, revolution would be the only way to change Britiania.
Feb 10, 2023 2:15 PM
Jan 2022
Suzaku’s actions are way better, he climbs up the ranks to fix everything legally from within but I don’t think it would have worked with Schneizel and Lelouch’s father having power. I think Lelouch’s actions was the only way for things to work out.
Feb 10, 2023 3:09 PM
Feb 2021
Suzaku’s plan was more morally correct But I prefer Lelouchs Ideology
Feb 10, 2023 6:11 PM
Dec 2020
I initially chose Lelouch because he's the only one who actually did anything, but Suzaku was probably more in the moral right. With Lelouch's Geass, he could easily have tried to go for a more diplomatic approach.
Feb 13, 2023 8:35 AM
Feb 2021
Neither. Lelouch is an insufferable narcissist who is only out for revenge and doesn't care who he kills, but Suzaku is too much of an idiot to not understand that someone of his race CAN'T do anything--and proceeded to do nothing once he actually gained influence in their political system. All the more the self-insert MC to only be the one to be "right."

I'm hoping that a reboot will make the Knights of the Round Lelouch's foil, maybe with Gino in Suzaku's place, perhaps even Monica since she canonically did all she could to reform the country--not that the writers initially wanted you to think about that.
"Tomatoes are nutritious and scrumptious."--Ryuunoske Akasaka, "The Pet Girl of Sakurasou"

Sword Art Online is mid, not utter trash. Oh yes, I'm such a rebel. 😎
Feb 13, 2023 8:49 AM
May 2011
Well, one guy truly believes he is helping Japan, and the other is only out for revenge.
Feb 14, 2023 7:18 AM

Mar 2013
Where is the Both Lelouch and Suzaku's option? lol
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 14, 2023 7:20 PM
May 2022
Voted for Lelouch because like an idiot I didn’t read all the options. I’d go with neither; they both suck as people, but I sympathise with Lelouch’s ideals much more because in practice they are vastly more effective that Suzaku’s naive and idealistic centrism.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chilli-Kun - Apr 11, 2008

278 by pargz »»
May 13, 8:44 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 24 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

windy - Jul 29, 2007

241 by sharosharo »»
May 12, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Crystal - Mar 29, 2007

216 by sharosharo »»
May 12, 8:18 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crystal - Mar 22, 2007

391 by sharosharo »»
May 12, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

babykeiji - Feb 23, 2008

166 by sharosharo »»
May 12, 7:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.