Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 7, 2023 4:29 PM
Oct 2017
Hi guys.
While I found the first season pretty meh, I actually found the second season to be very very interesting. I know there is a third season announced but do you think there will be any chance for this light novel to be fully adapted?

I read the sales for S2 Vol 2 were quite disappointing.
The vol 1 did great but was in bundle with a light novel chapter. If the anime can't produce solid income without light novel bundle I guess there won't be a chance?
Feb 7, 2023 4:53 PM

Jan 2013
There's virtually no chance of it happening, just look at how average this adaptation is. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Feb 7, 2023 5:06 PM
Mar 2021
Blue ray DVD sales doesn't matter in this day and age, infact chances of getting it fully adapted is high because of how its dominating in the light novel sales.
Feb 7, 2023 5:18 PM

Feb 2021
But season 3 will already cover all of year 1 of the light novel
Feb 7, 2023 5:48 PM
Feb 2023
DanMachi, Re:zero, Overlord Light novel adaptations are some of the most popular long running anime nowadays I think we might have a chance for a full adaptation fingers crossed
Feb 7, 2023 6:09 PM
Mar 2021
Season 3 will cover the rest of Year 1 in the LN. Year 2 is still being written so it won’t get more anime any time soon
Feb 7, 2023 6:55 PM
May 2022
Dije said:
Hi guys.
While I found the first season pretty meh, I actually found the second season to be very very interesting. I know there is a third season announced but do you think there will be any chance for this light novel to be fully adapted?

The vol 1 did great but was in bundle with a light novel chapter. If the anime can't produce solid income without light novel bundle I guess there won't be a chance?

The First Year Series will be adapted when 2023 is over. The Second Year will be as well as but will take a very long time to adapt as the anime isn’t as famous as the Light Novel. Year 3 is like a good 1-2 years away from starting in LN so good 5-6 years away from that getting adapted if it does.
Feb 7, 2023 7:00 PM
Oct 2022
Izayoi-kun123 said:
Blue ray DVD sales doesn't matter in this day and age, infact chances of getting it fully adapted is high because of how its dominating in the light novel sales.

I believe the LN series was even added to the hall of fame recently (basically a list of established novel series and stuff that are excluded from awards, because it’d be unfair to up-and-coming series otherwise)

This definitely has the potential of becoming another Overlord situation, wherein a shortage of source material will be the only thing delaying the adaptation
Feb 7, 2023 7:18 PM
Mar 2021
Franklr_D said:
Izayoi-kun123 said:

I believe the LN series was even added to the hall of fame recently (basically a list of established novel series and stuff that are excluded from awards, because it’d be unfair to up-and-coming series otherwise)

This definitely has the potential of becoming another Overlord situation, wherein a shortage of source material will be the only thing delaying the adaptation

Yes. It did win the hall of fame, and let's not forget how much ayanokouji's popularity is increasing, especially after LN volume 0, Damm it felt so awesome to read kid ayanokouji. So by seeing all this the hope for complete adaption of LN is likely more possible to get.
Feb 7, 2023 7:44 PM
Jun 2019
The first year is already confirmed to be fully adapted, since the third season is confirmed. I have no idea as to why they would stop there given the mass success of the series in general, it would just take some years.
The question should be if it would ever get a good adaption, it's already beating the bush to say you should stick to the LN and that the adaption butchers every aspect it can. And I don't think COTE is FMA levels of popularity to get a reboot, imo the only hope is a staff change in Y2 and there's nothing to incline that would happen lol
Feb 7, 2023 8:18 PM
Apr 2021
Little to none.Anime has skipped so many parts and i don’t give chance for another adaptation
Feb 7, 2023 10:13 PM
Aug 2022
they skipped so many parts so idk if it will be full adaptation we will see
Feb 8, 2023 3:17 AM

Apr 2021
Dije said:
Hi guys.

I haven’t read the text, but I enjoyed this anime, I mean both seasons.

As much as I understand the criticism by the text readers for not following or changing things, I also feel like they can be too hard on some anime adaptions that are well made in themselves, just because they are not exactly like what they read.

All I’m asking is for people to watch the anime as is and decide whether it is good or not based on the anime, don’t just compare the text to the anime, and hate it for that reason alone.

I enjoyed this anime and I hope it will have more seasons.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Feb 8, 2023 7:15 AM
Dec 2021
Season 3 covers till the end of year 1, but we definitely need 4 seasons for year 2, and more seasons for year 3, which just makes it impossible
Feb 8, 2023 4:02 PM
May 2022
it probably will because the adaptation helps LN sales by not adapting everything and LN is doing super good
Feb 9, 2023 2:07 AM
Feb 2021
I don’t think so, it’s a lot of content and we might get more seasons but it won’t get a full adaptation, there have been way more popular series that got canceled after just one season we are lucky we got a s2, just read the ln it’s good
Feb 9, 2023 5:10 AM

Dec 2019
I really hope so. I love this show and it is also one of the best selling LN
Feb 10, 2023 10:27 AM
Aug 2020
Blkwollf said:
DanMachi, Re:zero, Overlord Light novel adaptations are some of the most popular long running anime nowadays I think we might have a chance for a full adaptation fingers crossed

No Game No Life cries in the back

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2017

527 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 16, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

211 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 14, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 14, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2017

171 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 14, 12:13 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

235 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 11, 3:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.