Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 5, 2023 4:14 PM
Jan 2021
I just finished the "last ep" of After Story (Ep 22) and im so confused... did they just come back to life? is that a different timeline? 
Feb 5, 2023 4:15 PM
Jan 2021
_txhsin__ said:
I just finished the "last ep" of After Story (Ep 22) and im so confused... did they just come back to life? is that a different timeline? 
WAIT- i think i figured it out... When Nagisa Passes out after she gave birth, and tomoya also passed out, did he dream about a world without nagisa?? was that all a dream? cuz if it was THIS SHOW IS A MASTERPIECE 
Feb 5, 2023 4:22 PM
May 2021
_txhsin__ said:
_txhsin__ said:
WAIT- i think i figured it out... When Nagisa Passes out after she gave birth, and tomoya also passed out, did he dream about a world without nagisa?? was that all a dream? cuz if it was THIS SHOW IS A MASTERPIECE 

yeahhh bro, i was crying all night after watching this series. it's a masterpiece
jeffryafandiFeb 5, 2023 4:26 PM
Feb 5, 2023 4:22 PM
Mar 2021
There’s a YouTube video that explains everything
Feb 5, 2023 4:37 PM
Apr 2021
This should answer everything.
https://youtu.be/YE_xiK2a3sc
Feb 5, 2023 4:41 PM

Jul 2015
Yet another opportunity to post this phenomenal video:

Everything is properly explained in the anime.

Feb 5, 2023 7:36 PM
Mar 2022
_txhsin__ said:
_txhsin__ said:

no, he used the light orbs collected since episode 1 to wish for the world to be one where nagisa lived. the whole point of the scene where he sees nagisa at the bottom of the hill on the way to school is him deciding if meeting nagisa again and risking having a painful life is worth it, which makes the conclusion so much more worth it
Feb 5, 2023 11:16 PM
Feb 2016
_txhsin__ said:
_txhsin__ said:

The anime was Like, ITS A PRANK! ITS A HAPPY ENDING AFTER ALL HAHAHAHA
Feb 6, 2023 10:52 AM
Nov 2022
Piromysl said:

Thanks a lot for sharing this video... I appreciate this anime even more after watching this.
Feb 6, 2023 10:55 AM
Nov 2022
Dualbladerkirito said:
_txhsin__ said:

I don't agree friend. The emotional buildup wasn't done for nothing. It was to emphasize on the themes of love and family and accepting the past and living the present with hope. The ending signifies the strength of Tomoya and Ushio's bond which brings the Okazaki family together.
Feb 6, 2023 10:56 AM

Aug 2018
Visual novels usually have more than one ending. Clannad adaptation shows both the good and the bad end. the fact that it takes a lot of time and dedication to get the good end can't really translate to the anime medium.

I wish Little Busters had shown the bad end too. Because it was a really good bad end.
Feb 6, 2023 4:06 PM
Jun 2021
_txhsin__ said:

I think you can interpret however you want. But I think that the timeline was different, one where nagisa passed away and one she didn't. The first one was where Tomoya experienced the death of nagisa, and he went through some despair, not until he was picked up by his daughter, Ushio. Remember when they went on a trip and met Tomoya's grandmother? That was when Tomoya realized how important he was as a father role, and finally opened up to Ushio. The ups and down of Clannad is really what made it an interesting show. When Ushio later on passed away, alongside with Tomoya, you can think of that as an alternative world. Remember in the first season where Nagisa did a drama about the girl and the robot? In this case, Ushio is the girl and Tomoya is the dad, everyone is clear on that. Since Nagisa said her apparent dream of the girl and the robot was what makes her want to do the drama, she interprets the dream as a sad one, whereby the robot joined her afterwards. So we can kinda interpret Ushio's death as her passing to that world, and later on Tomoya also died in despair, making him join the girl and making her less lonely. This is where it gets a lil supernatural, all the wishes built up by Nagisa and Tomoya in the first season and the second season was so strong and powerful that it made Tomoya went to the other timeline, one where there was a happy ending. So the first season wasn't redundant, in fact it made the whole series better when the 1st and 2nd seasons are watched and interpreted as a whole series together. And yes, they beautified the anime by making the other timeline seemed like a dream for Tomoya, as he was shown as the only guy who rmb the other timeline. In my opinion, the whole CLANNAD series is truly a masterpiece 10/10, one that holds a special place in my ❤️.
Feb 6, 2023 9:54 PM
Mar 2019
Piromysl said:

I like the video that explains nagisa and the daughters death is probably because of sanae's bread not being cooked right
Feb 6, 2023 10:07 PM

Feb 2017
I don't exactly remember whether it's in S1 or S2, but Nagisa's dad explains how a particular place being bulldozed to construct some building made him sentimental. That was because he and Sanae left for work leaving a sick Nagisa behind. Nagisa crawled into the snow and basically died due to making the fever worse. The shocked parents carried their child around crying for mercy and Nagisa seems to have come back to life. That's the first instance of a miracle happening. Nagisa's dad explains that although he knew crying and begging wouldn't help, a miracle occurred anyway. So that town probably contains some mysterious power to alter destiny or something if a strong enough wish was made by someone filled with desperation.
Best ending line in anime history = "My name is Saiki Kusuo. I am a psychic."
Feb 6, 2023 11:24 PM
Feb 2016
YoAdi said:
Dualbladerkirito said:

I don't agree friend. The emotional buildup wasn't done for nothing. It was to emphasize on the themes of love and family and accepting the past and living the present with hope. The ending signifies the strength of Tomoya and Ushio's bond which brings the Okazaki family together.

I understand bud, I'm not just Good with words to elaborate complex plot to reveal the true beauty and masterpiece of it's stories and it's artwork
Feb 7, 2023 7:24 AM
Nov 2022
Oh I understand... I'm not that good either.
Feb 8, 2023 3:45 AM
Mar 2017
anime is the happy story, movie is the real story.
Feb 13, 2023 12:34 AM
Oct 2020
its a visual novel so there are explanations of that. watch some of them

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1171 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Jello - Mar 8, 2009

285 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KY791 - Mar 11, 2009

135 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

quentinlau - Feb 19, 2009

177 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

728 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 6:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.