Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Eminence in Shadow (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 1, 2023 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
Cid, still disguised lol, almost feels like a meme at this point. On a serious note, his opponent at the arena is no pushover. Oh and Iris is treating Cid like her boyfriend again lol. 

Honestly, with just 2 more episodes left, this is going to feel rushed. Got another cliffhangerish ending. The ominous smiles feels almost creepy to a point.
Feb 1, 2023 7:06 AM

Nov 2019
It's so nice to see Claire and Cid get along so well..

Doem's assumption that Jimina can't be from Shadow Garden cause he is a man actually makes sense from an outsider's perspective but it's so funny at the same time

Feb 1, 2023 7:12 AM
Jun 2014
does this mean Claire is already eliminated from the Bushin festival?

Feb 1, 2023 7:14 AM
Dec 2022
read the manga.... now am more curious
Feb 1, 2023 7:15 AM
Dec 2022
hey is it really out?
Feb 1, 2023 7:17 AM
Aug 2018
The anime finish in oriana arc they do not believe?
Feb 1, 2023 7:21 AM

May 2020
What kind of pushover that man who fought Iris in the semis was lol. Got obliterated that bad. Though the inevitable final match next episode.
Feb 1, 2023 7:27 AM

Jun 2016
mou wa shindeiruu kageno cid .... LOL

claire gonna beat his ass next episode LOL
Feb 1, 2023 7:32 AM

Oct 2017
One of these days, Claire gonna kill Cid lol. Cid's I mean Mundane Man's match against Annerose was good, I hope to see more of her. Beatrix is really cute, need more of her too.
Feb 1, 2023 7:42 AM

Dec 2022
looks like next is gonna be shadow vs iris its also the semi finale
Feb 1, 2023 7:46 AM

Mar 2020
Well, Claire is back, and I hope Cid can survive until the end of the season, because Claire is out for blood...

The Bushin Festival battles returned, and Mundane Mann's next opponent was Annerose, and of course, he made quick work of her, with Perv Asshat and Princess Iris watching in the stands. After the battle, Perv ordered some investigations to be done on Mundane Mann, and I wonder what they can find to be honest. We also saw Beatrix this episode, and I wonder what she's doing at the festival as well. Still a lot of questions, as we head into the final two episodes of the season.
Feb 1, 2023 7:50 AM

Jul 2014
Man the Mundane Man is so funny. I wanna see how he'll finish Iris in the finals
Feb 1, 2023 7:54 AM

Mar 2012
GingZ said:
Man the Mundane Man is so funny. I wanna see how he'll finish Iris in the finals

It's actually semifinal, Claire Vs Imatry Notoolose is the other semifinal match
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2023 7:56 AM

Jul 2014
thieftheodore said:
GingZ said:

It's actually semifinal, Claire Vs Imatry Notoolose is the other semifinal match
oh then its definitely brother vs sister in the finals. Maybe he'll let it slide for his sister like he always did when they trained, who knows lol
Feb 1, 2023 8:04 AM
May 2021
Nice episode. RIP Cid 2.0 , forgot to watch her sister's match 😂🤣🤣
Feb 1, 2023 8:04 AM
Aug 2022
Cant wqit nxt episode. This is getting more interesting more fighting scenes are coming.
Feb 1, 2023 8:19 AM
Oct 2021
Just curious but how do Cid hide his identity while in his shadow form I mean you can literally see his face Still Alexia and Rose aren't able to identify him
Anyone knows ??
Feb 1, 2023 8:29 AM
Feb 2023
Next episode going to be good 👀
Feb 1, 2023 8:37 AM

Mar 2012
MarshyNotOP said:
Just curious but how do Cid hide his identity while in his shadow form I mean you can literally see his face Still Alexia and Rose aren't able to identify him
Anyone knows ??

Treat his slime suit as Clark Kent glasses
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2023 8:44 AM
Aug 2022
Again Claire is after Cid 😂😂
Feb 1, 2023 8:58 AM

Apr 2021
MarshyNotOP said:
Anyone knows ??

In the the manga and the light novel illustrations, Shadow is shown to be wearing a domino mask. For some reason, they didn't include this in the anime.
Feb 1, 2023 9:02 AM
Jun 2010
MarshyNotOP said:
Anyone knows ??
That's just the anime design. The other medium, he's wearing a mask iirc.
Feb 1, 2023 9:03 AM

May 2018
lol will Mundane actually win the tournament though, that's the real question
Feb 1, 2023 9:20 AM

May 2021
cid's conversation with beatrixsu felt so Monogatari-ish, beautiful indeed. was also nice seeing him get strangled by his psycho, tsundere, brocon of a sister.

great ep as always. kinda sad we have only 2 weeks left...
[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
Feb 1, 2023 9:45 AM

Feb 2019
Man Nexus are at a 1:1 adaptation at many points in this adaptation, definitely one of the best ever.

As I thought, they did Clare and cid’s convo today which actually took place earlier in the 2nd volume. Everything else was pretty much spot on with the exception of beatrix not being in the press box. There was some banter with Perv that they cut out.

Her telling everyone that cid will become strong etc. I thought we’d end with mundane in the arena against iris, but I guess they’ll start with that next week and finish episode 20 at the end of volume 2. It all works out in the end.

That lawless city name drop can’t have been a coincidence either. Anime original. Gotta be a 2nd season announcement coming soon.
Marinate1016Feb 1, 2023 9:52 AM
Feb 1, 2023 9:47 AM

Jan 2013
Im convinced this is all a dream or a delusion of Cid's while he in a coma. 
Feb 1, 2023 9:51 AM

May 2019
We got to see more tournament fights and Mundane Mann vs. Annerose did not disappoint. I noticed shades of Dragon Ball with the afterimage technique, very cool. Beatrix eating McDonald's ripoff burgers looked good and I believe she's still looking for her niece Alpha.

Alexia is being ignored (again), Beta moved out, and Claire is not happy that Cid did not watch her match. Rose is holding onto that wrapper, I'm thinking its from the burger that Cid gave her. So many things going on and we only have 2 episodes remaining, I'm really going to miss watching this every Wednesday.
Feb 1, 2023 9:58 AM

Mar 2010
All the smol details really made this more funny.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 1, 2023 10:00 AM

Oct 2020
Can't wait to find out what "cool" way Cid will find to finish the festival
Feb 1, 2023 10:22 AM
Jul 2015
I adore how despite feeling lost through-out the plot in this show I still find I'm enjoying myself and love all the little moments when expectations get subverted. Like his friend getting dragged away during the chat between Annerose and Mundane Man or the scene of where the elf baffles the princess who thinks so highly of her with a offer of a burger.
Feb 1, 2023 10:29 AM
Jan 2023
Próximo ep apenas será brabo
Feb 1, 2023 11:06 AM
Mar 2022
It's just getting better and better
Feb 1, 2023 11:26 AM

Sep 2018
These episodes do not feel like they are starting to wrap everything up for the last one.

In fact the world is being expanded to the point where I'm getting hopeful there really will be an "announcement"

However it goes this has been an awesome ride and I hope the last couple of episodes really take us out on an (atomic) high

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Feb 1, 2023 12:29 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Love this show so much. Will be sad to see it go soon.

This anime has been one of my favourites for this and the past season. Ok are the fans gone now? Good. Finally this season is going to finish soon with only two episodes remaining. Then this narrative with its random-ass direction brought to life with its mid animation and art style, made slightly serviceable with the satire that Cid's character provides, will be over. For now, at least, until it may be renewed for a 2nd season of typical mid light novel adaptations where you could literally close your eyes and not miss anything of importance unless you see uninspired visuals as important. Alright that's all I've got to say other than that I'm glad this low C-tier of an anime is almost done. Anyhow, time to end off with a compliment in case they read the end of this paragraph. What a great watch, I'm going to miss it and all the fun it was.

With only a couple episodes left, I do hope this series will get a season 2 announcement. 

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 1, 2023 12:41 PM

Oct 2018
2nd episode with Claire who is after Cid lol he is dead :')
Feb 1, 2023 12:48 PM

Jun 2015
I do wonder if Cid is going to win or throw the match. Its up for debate. However the blonde lass is also out and about and could potentially gate crash, least I'd like to see something mad like that. Lets keep kicking off. love this show
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 1, 2023 2:07 PM

Mar 2012
BetaMaleUltra said:
where you could literally close your eyes and not miss anything of importance unless you see uninspired visuals as important.

This has proven wrong with how many posts saying that they can't follow the plot on every episode discussion
Feb 1, 2023 2:15 PM
May 2020
70% of his plan is completed, think it'll be better for mundane man to disappear after the princess fight
Feb 1, 2023 3:06 PM
Feb 2019
Pretty good, but at the same time I'm very sad. How come just 20 eps ?!?!?!
Feb 1, 2023 3:11 PM
Nov 2022
muito bom,nao parece rushado e entrega sempre uma luta epica
Feb 1, 2023 3:22 PM
Nov 2022
Imaatry notoloose has become my favorite background character in this show, he keeps getting those Ws

also imagine if lives up to his name once again in the semi finals and manages to defeat Claire after she forces to Cid to watch her fight, I would honestly die from laugher if that were to happen, just having the idea of it happening is already making me giggle.

We're rooting for you Imatry notoloose, You can do it, go for it and win the tournament!!!
Feb 1, 2023 3:25 PM
Personified

Sep 2022
Cid seems to have a very nice relationship with his sister lol, He didn't see Claire's match so he defo dead next ep.

That fight with Annerose was pretty good, Annerose ain't a pushover but Cid.. I meant Mundane Man is too strong.

That scene as well after the fight where Annerose and Cid were talking and Cid's 'friend' getting dragged in the background lol, made the moment funny as hell.

With 2 episodes left, I can sort of imagine a very large cliffhanger to end the season, when season 2 getting announced??

Feb 1, 2023 3:34 PM
Nov 2022
The conversation between Cid and Beatrix was really lovely, I really love it when Cid engages conversations like those, something about them just feels really satisfying, I think it's because we get to see part of his real self that isn't the Eminence in Shadow persona.

Also Beatrix is quickly rising to become my favorite girl of this season, I can't wait to see more of her in the next two episodes, and who knows, maybe she will actually sniff the elf smell on Mundane has and try to confront him, I can't for next week to come.

This is Peak Isekai, I don't think we can go any higher than this.
Feb 1, 2023 3:49 PM

May 2015
The lack of the shadow garden girls is definitely felt this episode! Cid is such a completely unironic goofball. With all of the ties he has even in his Cid persona, I don't think you can quite call him completely moblike. He remains apathetic to those ties though! Instead his top priority is a satisfying conclusion to his Mundane Mann underdog storyline. Which i'm sure will leave the tournament audience in awe considering they're doubting his mundane character even now!
Feb 1, 2023 4:01 PM
Jan 2022
it was awesome like all other episodes
Feb 1, 2023 5:09 PM

Nov 2019
lol participant Immatry Nottalose is still going strong. He might actually have chance winning this tournament?
Feb 1, 2023 5:34 PM

Apr 2022
damn mundane mann really no diffed annerose but she still looked fine as ever. i still dig cid's sister tho, back-to-back creepy smile endings.
Feb 1, 2023 6:33 PM

Dec 2022
Mundane Mann removes his shackles... but it's not hilarity that ensues? It's... high drama?! Okay, it was some hilarity too heh
Feb 1, 2023 6:41 PM

Jan 2013
Annerose got destroyed, but i like her attitude, wonder if we will ever see her again.
I can't wait for the fight against the princess, and to see the end of all this, can't believe we're this close to ending.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 1, 2023 6:49 PM
Mar 2021
In this episode, mostly we see the conversation between Alexia and the sussy guy
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Hyped for the Movie!!?

Apratim - May 26

24 by Apratim »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2023

749 by PrimeX »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2023

259 by PrimeX »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2023

130 by Sayan_Pal »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2023

119 by PrimeX »»
12 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.