Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 18, 2023 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Heh, Jun and Misuzu did have a history after all with their relationship. Turns out, they went out for a very short time but their relationship didn't have much commitment. Tomo's reactions to the story were priceless though.

Tomo herself has an interesting character story. She dressed very tomboyish but also took on a more causal wear this episode. Seems she's still a competitive person when playing against him at bowling and baseball. 
Jan 18, 2023 7:58 AM

May 2020
If getting it from Jun wasn’t already enough for Tomo to doubt their years-long brotherhood, Misuzu confirming the going out part was ultimately the final nail in the coffin.. ah so much for best friends. Though here’s the fun part, they broke up within three fucking days after starting seeing each other lmao, truly one for history books. We’ll get the full story later on given they adapt the source faithfully.

Seeing Misuzu’s guilt for missing out on her chance to dump Jun first was cracking though. But hey here’s Tomo who’s getting her chance to go on a “date” with Jun, not like the latter seeing it that way. A date which went in a way no normal date would, I mean who in the name of god sings kodomo songs hours on repeat after visiting a karaoke, on a date of all things.
Jan 18, 2023 10:17 AM

Apr 2016
And so, suddenly all the past sins of his life descended upon his shoulders like a massive boulder, and our dear Jumbo-kun realized many not fortunate decisions followed his life, lmao.

First part was the best.
Jan 18, 2023 10:37 AM

Feb 2019
I knew Jun and Misuzu had to have some type of history lol the way she hated him wasn’t just a protective best friend type of hate. Bro really had a cute girl in a cute outfit bike 30 miles in the Japanese summer lmaooo. He and Tomo were def meant to be together because she’s the only one who’d be down for that!

Poor Misaki senpai, Jun was scaring the hell out of him!

Looks like Jun is HOPEFULLY starting to see how cute Tomo is based on the ending scene
Jan 18, 2023 10:41 AM
Oct 2016
Secrets revealed as the bomb that Jun dropped at the end of last episode is revealed. Him and Misuzu did date in middle school but it was only a few days with nothing major happening in the relationship. Tomo still got all worked up about it which is understandable but also hilarious to see. She became very jealous almost and kept cutely inquiring Jun about the relationship. Jun and Misuzu obviously don't like each other too much now aside from their shared love for Tomo. Jun himself talking with Misaki about Tomo and how much Jun looks up to her. Its touching to see that both Jun and Tomo respect each other immensely which is also kind of what's holding them back from making any substantial moves. Tomo did have the great idea of just asking Jun out on a date. Misuzu and Carol helping her pick out a new outfit was nice. Something that wasn't too different but a distinct shift in style. Jun definitely noticed, it was funny too seeing him laugh at Tomo singing kids songs at karaoke. Her embarrassment makes for good laughs in this show. I liked the after credits scene showing the girls go to karaoke together.
Jan 18, 2023 10:59 AM
Oct 2022
Misuzu x Jun date arc was hilarious lol. The weird hangout-date was so emberassing that Tomo is a tomato till this day.

Jan 18, 2023 11:08 AM
Jul 2022
I liked this episode
Jan 18, 2023 11:10 AM
Apr 2021
I really like this anime.
Jan 18, 2023 11:10 AM
Jan 2023
Stark700 said:
Heh, Jun and Misuzu did have a history after all with their relationship. Turns out, they went out for a very short time but their relationship didn't have much commitment. Tomo's reactions to the story were priceless though.

Tomo herself has an interesting character story. She dressed very tomboyish but also took on a more causal wear this episode. Seems she's still a competitive person when playing against him at bowling and baseball. 

I'm new on MAL and just saw your profile after noticing you on top in every conversation. i have to admit that you are the real LORD 🙇🤯
lord_inosukeJan 18, 2023 11:17 AM
Jan 18, 2023 11:25 AM

Sep 2010
This was such a fun episode! After the quick clearing up, it was nice to see Tomo and Jun go hang out. (It counts as a date!) Tomo looked cute in her boyish outfit!

Misuzu and Carol are the dream wingman team too!

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Jan 18, 2023 11:27 AM

Jul 2017
Junichiro's truth bomb dropped on Tomo like a literate ticking timebomb, and of course, she was all fumes about it. Unfortunately, they were only a couple for days during their middle school, and Misuzu's patience was wearing thin on Junichiro with each date that turned out to be exercises in frustration. In the end, both of them have to call it quits, with Misuzu getting most of the backlash full of hatred. Till to this day, Tomo being left in the dark and seeking confirmation from the man himself, at least it presents a chance that how would the dense guy ever get it to begin with, except when facing Misaki that he finally feels that there's competition. The girls are out on their date, so Junichiro finds himself within Misaki's range of sight to smoothen things out...with the scary feelings of threat still prevalent.

Tomo's classmates Mifune and Ogawa certainly were surprised that Tomo's fashion is more on the tomboyish side, but the matter of the fact is that her girly side isn't showing enough to attract his attention. Misuzu gives Tomo pointers to secure the date with Junichiro...and Carol was just about to gatecrash into the date lols. For someone that doesn't know much about fashion sense, having the 2 girls decide is best. But the date itself, while the same usual of their hang-out places, the karaoke is the unusual chip of fun that Tomo cannot afford to be uptight...singing children's songs for hours on end. Oh well, Junichiro got a good film about her, that's all.

The karaoke date was funny lols, Tomo the Tomato had the biggest embarrassment of her life.
Jan 18, 2023 11:29 AM

Apr 2010
Tomoko not understanding the relationship between her friend and senpai was funny they still have to work on a lot.
Also the part with Tomoko in the clothing shop was great she looked really out of place but it was nice of her friends to help her.
And Misuzu talking about her dating experience was funny as well, se never got over being dumped.
Jan 18, 2023 11:33 AM
Jan 2023
good episode. it was cool.
Jan 18, 2023 12:03 PM
Jan 2021
this episode reinforces that misuzu and Carol are the best parts of this show lol
I especially enjoyed the bit where they were the angel and devil on Tom's shoulders, but they both said the same thing
Jan 18, 2023 12:11 PM

Jan 2018
So Misuzu dated Jun in middle school... for 3 days. And it was an absolute disaster. That explains a lot. No wonder Misuzu hates Jun's guts. Still, this was very unexpected.

RieRi's singing is sooooo good (one might say "sugoooku") even if it's an awkward tomboy voice singing children's songs. That post-credits scene absolutely killed me. xD
Jan 18, 2023 12:11 PM

Dec 2019
love the part of them after the ed sing especially carol singing in English so funny <3

Jan 18, 2023 12:12 PM

May 2016
we need some of this type of stuff in america. stop the girls pretending to be men and dressing up as them
Jan 18, 2023 12:15 PM
Mar 2021
the post credits bit with Tomo forced to sing another children's song for Misuzu and Carol's sadistic pleasure had me gasping for air. of course the only songs Tomo knows are children's songs.
Misuzu and Carol are such blessed characters, from this point on they're just going to be such a menace together. 

sometimes Tomo's obliviousness is so painful, though. 
Tomo: Jun doesn't treat me like a girl
Jun: *threatens every guy that gets anywhere close to Tomo*

Jan 18, 2023 12:15 PM
Nov 2022
okay, the best moments are when junichiro is on screen
Jan 18, 2023 12:18 PM

May 2015
So he actually is aware she's a girl. Is he just in denial? Anyway, it was a cute episode.
Jan 18, 2023 12:32 PM
Oct 2021
mizusu and carol is such a funny duo
Jan 18, 2023 12:33 PM
Oct 2017
Once again, I got a big wide smile during the whole episode.
Jan 18, 2023 12:52 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Watching Tomo-chan singing children karaoke songs had me dying from second hand, but Jun seem to low key liked it as he got a chance to see a more vulnerable side of Tomo-chan. Once again, Jun is being overly protective of Tomo-chan when her senpai from the boys Karate club came to talk to her. No wonder Jun has trouble making friends with every guy Tomo-chan introduces to him because he keeps mean mugging them without realizing that he's jealous.
Jan 18, 2023 1:07 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Jun and Misuzu huh really find that hard to believe considering how they are now. Tomo's reaction was priceless though. Only Tomo can make wall slams as amusing as that though. Guess for Jun a cycle date is his idea of being romantic. Amusing in that the reason for the bad blood between the two was because Jun was the one that ended it first. Hmm given his stature Jun really can be intimidating to those that don't know him. The visit to the clothe's shop though sure was fun. The resultant date outfit though was pretty nice. Though they ended up doing the usual at least they ended up having a fun time. The Ka party in the end was damm funny.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2023 1:10 PM

May 2018
dam that was great singing xD
Jan 18, 2023 1:15 PM

Nov 2016
Between Tomo's tomboyish-ness, Misuzu's composure and Carol just being Carol, this show has really a delightful female cast.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 18, 2023 1:38 PM

Mar 2010
Its not gey if she is a gal. haha

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 18, 2023 1:53 PM

Nov 2020
What I requested in chapter 2 I see in chapter 3. I'm liking this anime more
SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI

Jan 18, 2023 1:56 PM
Sep 2017
I'm curious the song they sing at the end of the episode is exist or nah
Jan 18, 2023 1:57 PM
Oct 2021
my favourite episode so far. loving it
Jan 18, 2023 1:57 PM

Dec 2013
Love the Carol x Misuzu team, they have completely opposite personalities but complement each other, the show needs more of those two gyaru tho.
Jan 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Oct 2022
I'm loving Tomo, Misuzu and Carol's friendship, I hope to see more moments of them together (Misuzu and Carol's duo is the best)
Tomo-chan looked very cute on the date, Jun is noticing other things about her. 
Jan 18, 2023 2:30 PM

Jan 2022
The bonus part of this episode was great, that's what I'm gonna say about this episode. Except that it's still pretty funny.
I like everything, ok
Jan 18, 2023 2:34 PM
Jan 2016
It's nice to see the tomboy transform into a more girly girl, I can't think of another series which is premised around this kind of trope. If there is, someone please share.
Jan 18, 2023 2:34 PM
Mar 2015
Maybe he is beginning to get it
Jan 18, 2023 2:47 PM
Jan 2023
FInalmente Jun pqp
Jan 18, 2023 2:59 PM
May 2020
guess the date went well
Jan 18, 2023 3:13 PM
Jul 2018
The second half of the episode was better than the first, I was getting annoyed with the same jokes being repeated (Jun says something dumb/insensitive, Tomo punches him, hahah lolol so hilarious)

The karaoke scenes were cute! Make sure not to miss the end with Misuzu and Carol's adorable singing! Carol is growing on me

Tbh this anime is meh for me overall, though. It's very juvenile and I don't find much romantic appeal in the male lead. So neither the romance nor the comedy aspects are doing much for me. Maybe I'd find it funny if I were literally 12
removed-userJan 18, 2023 6:10 PM
Jan 18, 2023 3:14 PM

Nov 2021
Another great episode. Misuzu is so cute with her ponytail, and Tomo was also adorable in her girly outfit and hairstyle. Her date with Jun was nice, and the karaoke scene was funny. They skipped some chapters and rearranged the order, but I think the anime still works perfectly well. Really hoping they can adapt the whole thing.
Jan 18, 2023 3:21 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
They should have called this show “oops, all bangers” because this has been fantastic so far lol. Jun and Gundou’s past was an interesting one, only dated for three days and stopped, I did not expect Jun to be the one to do the dumping tho lol, no wonder Gundou seems so sour with Jun, middle school Gundou was great too lol. And Misaki being forced to be friends with Jun despite being so scared of him was a great bit lol, but it also gave us more insight on Jun and Tomo’s past so that was cool.

And then came the date, Gundou and Carol did a great job making Tomo look good and still keep her tomboy look so Jun wouldn’t hightail it out of there lol. And they ended up doing the same things they did in the past for the most part but it was nice seeing the two of them get nostalgic and have fun, but then came the amazing Karaoke part lol, Tomo singing children’s songs was so good, as well as the after credit scene where she also sung with Gundou and Carol lol, Jun better keep that video in the homework folder.
Jan 18, 2023 3:22 PM

Jun 2016
The Karaoke segment and the post ending scene made me cry laughing... XD

Jan 18, 2023 3:25 PM

Jan 2011
when i picked this at random i thought id probably end up dropping it but its surpringly fun thus far
Jan 18, 2023 4:00 PM
Aug 2016
this was very cute.... carol and misuzu are great comedic foils and i like how adorably cringey the date went, also its nice that they are actually growing as a relationship and its clear something is growing, maybe we might have some actual development by the end of the season
Jan 18, 2023 4:13 PM

May 2019
This was a pretty funny episode and good thing that Jun and Misuzu's dating was short and brief. It was funny that Jun thought it was a good idea for Misuzu and him to go on a freakin 25 mile bike ride (damn that's harsh and a good way for the girl to dislike you unless you know she likes long distance bike riding).

I don't care much for Misuzu but I will say that she did good in advising on the date and the outfit, although Misuzu paired up with Carol is a heck of a partnership for drama. The karaoke segment was a bit cringe but Jun taking a video was funny (I knew that Misuzu and Carol would want to check out the video once Tomo told them). Btw Misuzu is a good singer and Carol's English sounds great.
Jan 18, 2023 4:31 PM

Jan 2021
I didn't know Jun and Misuzu had an relationship back in their time period, but that one lasted for 3 days only, Tomo got fired up though, thinking they still like each other lol. 

Tomo's choice of clothing when she went to the batting center etc was actually nice, I love how she wants to become more of an girl and she wants Jun to notice it, Jun even video recorded her lol, I bet he's keeping that footage. 

P.S., Misuzu is actually an good singer.
Jan 18, 2023 4:33 PM
May 2021
xDDD this one was so funny !!!!!
Jan 18, 2023 4:51 PM

Feb 2020
this was quite a nice episode

heh man those dates

Jan 18, 2023 6:10 PM
Mar 2021
I really like the atmosphere when they dating
Jan 18, 2023 6:17 PM
Personified

Sep 2022
Now we see why Jun and Misuzu don't really like each other now due to their past relationship which lasted 3 days.

The date went as well as... we all sort of expected. Although Tomo singing children songs for 3 hours sounds like a fun time lol. Also they did her dirty at the end their in the end credits scene.

Jan 18, 2023 6:18 PM
May 2022
7/10
A pretty Funny and somewhat cute asf date tomo and jun had together but the fact he realised so late “something was different with her” had dying 😭😭.
But no one can argue misuzu best girl in the series like is there anything she can’t pull of.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2023

129 by Magicmist »»
May 26, 11:19 PM

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2023

136 by Magicmist »»
May 25, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Would this show be better without Carol?

eWEQRW123123 - Apr 21

39 by Brandis_king »»
May 24, 10:05 AM

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2023

103 by Magicmist »»
May 19, 11:15 PM

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2023

140 by Magicmist »»
May 19, 6:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.