Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 14, 2023 12:04 PM

Aug 2022
To start it off, I really enjoyed this show. However, the last few episodes did not make sense to me, especially the last scene. Satoshi explained why he was scared of being with Mayaka, but in the last scene of the 22nd episode, I didn't quite get what Houtarou was trying to say.

What was Houtarou trying to say?

And I feel kinda of disappointed because it felt kinda incomplete. Is there any ongoing or finished media for this series?
Jan 14, 2023 12:41 PM
Aug 2021
Just watch Replay Value's analysis of the episode, it explains well this amazing ending https://youtu.be/iMwxXFyJKcM
Jan 14, 2023 2:33 PM

Aug 2022
Raripion said:
Just watch Replay Value's analysis of the episode, it explains well this amazing ending https://youtu.be/iMwxXFyJKcM

thank you very much. I will give it a shot
Jan 14, 2023 2:38 PM
Nov 2017
Which part is confusing?
Where he just realize he fall in love with Chitanda and make a "confession"?
Jan 14, 2023 2:46 PM

Apr 2020
You're talking about the "Confession", where he thought about saying one thing, but then didn't say it?

Yeah, it's not a romance Anime. 
For me it was  the perfect Ending. Cause he finally found something/someone he really cares about. Something, lazy, annoyed Oreki can now invest into, in his future.
He found his way. He developed. Now, growing up, becoming an adult is starting. It's not easy for him getting into things. Throughout the Show he just want's to chill out and not get involved too much. But that changed, by the end of the Show. That's how I saw it.

He thought about him and Chitanda beeing together, in a serious way, for the first time. But it's just the beginning.
The Show ends and we imagin them ending up as a couple, some day. But that's not what this Series was about.
I thought that was really sweet.

Merve2LoveJan 14, 2023 3:07 PM
Jan 14, 2023 4:13 PM
Jun 2022
Merve2Love said:
You're talking about the "Confession", where he thought about saying one thing, but then didn't say it?

For me it was  the perfect Ending. Cause he finally found something/someone he really cares about. Something, lazy, annoyed Oreki can now invest into, in his future.
He found his way. He developed. Now, growing up, becoming an adult is starting. It's not easy for him getting into things. Throughout the Show he just want's to chill out and not get involved too much. But that changed, by the end of the Show. That's how I saw it.

He thought about him and Chitanda beeing together, in a serious way, for the first time. But it's just the beginning.
The Show ends and we imagin them ending up as a couple, some day. But that's not what this Series was about.

^^^ took the words out of my mouth! it was perfect ending for me too, because it showed that chitanda was the person he cared enough about to look forward to a future with. houtarou is extremely cynical and disinterested in everything, so i think ending the series off with showing he finally cares about someone to even imagine a future with them and wanting to put effort into reaching that future is just as impactful as a love confession in a romance anime. (which, might i add, this isn’t a romance)

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

Jan 14, 2023 4:18 PM
Jul 2018
so basically the main dudes animal instinct awakens and he wants to bang the funny girl but he ain't got the balls to say it.
Jan 14, 2023 5:48 PM
Nov 2020
dicloflom said:
To start it off, I really enjoyed this show. However, the last few episodes did not make sense to me, especially the last scene. Satoshi explained why he was scared of being with Mayaka, but in the last scene of the 22nd episode, I didn't quite get what Houtarou was trying to say.

And I feel kinda of disappointed because it felt kinda incomplete. Is there any ongoing or finished media for this series?

There is an ova but it actually takes place at the middle of the series but after you watch it you’ll definitely notice the difference in Hotarou and how he develops since the beginning.
Jan 15, 2023 12:44 AM

Aug 2022
silvertongued said:
Merve2Love said:

^^^ took the words out of my mouth! it was perfect ending for me too, because it showed that chitanda was the person he cared enough about to look forward to a future with. houtarou is extremely cynical and disinterested in everything, so i think ending the series off with showing he finally cares about someone to even imagine a future with them and wanting to put effort into reaching that future is just as impactful as a love confession in a romance anime. (which, might i add, this isn’t a romance)

So I get It now. Thanks for the reply. I should have looked at the tags a little more careful.
Jan 15, 2023 12:45 AM

Aug 2022
Lightsrevenge said:
dicloflom said:

There is an ova but it actually takes place at the middle of the series but after you watch it you’ll definitely notice the difference in Hotarou and how he develops since the beginning.

thank you. I'll have a look.
Jan 15, 2023 7:53 AM
Feb 2021
AmaroX said:
so basically the main dudes animal instinct awakens and he wants to bang the funny girl but he ain't got the balls to say it.

So you woke up and choose to spit facts!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2012

267 by Miedori »»
May 4, 10:12 AM

» No romance here

YuniVT - Mar 10

26 by KitsuFrost »»
Apr 28, 4:21 AM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

185 by Dasfonia »»
Apr 16, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 6, 2012

266 by Cammell »»
Apr 8, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 22, 2012

491 by Prosper20 »»
Apr 5, 7:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.