Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 13, 2023 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
Yikes, Miri can be somewhat hard to deal with her childish behavior. She has quite an appetite...and cries way too much. 

Although Kazuki can be a bit goofy, he's also quite crafty with his work and I'm kinda impressed. I know the episode made that look comical but Kazuki should never let a kid like Miri get caught into the middle of a gunfight lol

Jan 13, 2023 10:11 AM
Sep 2021
Amazing episode, Miri chan brings a new dynamic into the buddy daddies pre-existing relationship and it's just FUN, KAWAI and very much into ACTION as well.

I.
Love.
It.

And the OP, my goodness...

THANK YOU P.A WORKS !!
Jan 13, 2023 10:23 AM
Jun 2021
miri annoying as hell

thank you buddy daddies for reminding me to not have kids
StephJan 13, 2023 11:35 AM
Jan 13, 2023 10:26 AM

Mar 2019
Stark700 said:
Yikes, Miri can be somewhat hard to deal with her childish behavior. She has quite an appetite...and cries way too much. 

She's a kid, of course her behavior is childish. She's acting like a typical 4 year old. 
Jan 13, 2023 10:28 AM
Sep 2021
@CallMeAi

Don't worry, there's always a few haters that put dislikes on every episodes without watching them, and come to the comment section to spit on it lol
Jan 13, 2023 10:36 AM

Nov 2016
Miri is a bundle of energy of a child. A disaster immune to trauma. It's like nothing fazes her until Papa leaves lol.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 13, 2023 10:41 AM
Jan 2023
epic action it was
John-WickJan 13, 2023 12:01 PM
Jan 13, 2023 10:41 AM
Jan 2021
This kid has gotten onto my nerve, ruined the episode for me. Idk, like in their efforts in making the plot seem cute, they just made it annoying.
Jan 13, 2023 10:46 AM

Jul 2022
Anya's cousin of the 2000s or I should say, her 10th cousin?

Jan 13, 2023 10:48 AM
Dec 2016
The characters don't suit the setting at all. There are many good anime in this genre but this ain't one. Budget wasted on bad writing. Also made me want to beat up a 4 year old to death which if it was their goal they succeeded because no other kid has come close to angering me so much.

If this is typical child behavior in your region you have my condolences.
StephJan 13, 2023 11:36 AM
Jan 13, 2023 10:58 AM

Mar 2020
Well, Miri was certainly a handful, she loves tag, food, and cries quite a bit. Maybe she’s a bit loud but that’s not completely atypical of a 4 year old. The dynamics between the characters here is interesting, but a little too comical for me, as the comedy makes the darker spy themes a bit less meaningful than it could be. The character in the post credit scene was ruthless though, and I would be interested to see who he is.
Jan 13, 2023 11:00 AM
May 2021
This episode was awesome ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
Jan 13, 2023 11:03 AM
Jul 2016
this is so fucked up. kid's gonna be traumatized.

also just from the opening, I have a feeling that papa dies at the end ๐Ÿ˜ข. it looks like a bullet wound.

Jan 13, 2023 11:04 AM
Jan 2022
Pranav5255 said:
This kid has gotten onto my nerve, ruined the episode for me. Idk, like in their efforts in making the plot seem cute, they just made it annoying.

I apologize that a four year old child is acting like a child have kids and see if they aren't as annoying as her.
Jan 13, 2023 11:06 AM

Mar 2021
Why do I get the feeling that Rei is going to single-handedly carry the entire show?

Miri is annoying af. It's like they tried to make her cute but just made her obnoxious.
prince_noctis_Jan 13, 2023 3:13 PM
Jan 13, 2023 11:06 AM
Jan 2022
The anime isn't exactly big or ground breaking but I like it nonetheless. It's entertaining in its own right and I'd love to see more.
Jan 13, 2023 11:12 AM

Jul 2022
The OP & ED are fun and catchy. I especially like the pitch-corrected vocals and catchy melodies in the OP, and the intro to the ED playing underneath the closing dialogue, nice groovy way to wrap things up. 

That assassin who worked post-credits seems savage and bad news, a dark figure in the mix of things, no doubt some foreshadowing for the next ep.

Not a bad show, a different kind of cute than SpyXFam, a more realistic child and far bloodier action. I kinda like it.
Jan 13, 2023 11:19 AM

Nov 2013
Liked this episode more than the first.

- "How annoying do you want the kid to be?"
- Author: "yes!"

The fact this girl took the train on her own, walked across the city from day to night and found the exact hotel without getting herself killed is indeed a miracle and an asspull of universal proportions. 

P.S Bullet dodging puts Lycoris Recoil to shame.
Jan 13, 2023 11:21 AM
Oct 2021
loving this it’s a great add to the season
Jan 13, 2023 11:21 AM

Feb 2014
Darker spy themes meshed with comedy antics mainly thanks to Miri...

It's a combination that shouldn't work, but somehow it does and I'm glad for it. =)

As with Anya from Spy X Family, Miri's expressions in this episode were plentiful and hilarious. Some will find her constantly annoying, but as she's only a four year old kid, that type pf personality isn't uncommon. It won't stop some people saying their bad takes about her, though. =(

Aside from that, the action scenes are very enjoyable and I really like the OP song even more, now paired with a nicely produced animation for it. The ED still shots with Miri modelling many outfits was very cute, with the ED song itself being very chill and nice.

The guy at the end, who finished the mission that Kazuki and Rei didn't complete, looks to be ruthless as hell. It'll be interesting to see what he'll do next and if he'll become an obstacle for Kazuki and Rei eventually...
Jan 13, 2023 11:24 AM

Aug 2011
That was disappointing. Miri is way too energetic and loud, not at all what a child is like. More annoying is her involvement in every aspect of the show and how she overtakes the more serious aspects of the show. Spy x Family is more balanced in that regard. I hope it will improve.
Jan 13, 2023 11:39 AM
Sep 2021
@Straw :

Are you joking ? 

This is episode 2, we've barely seen her in EP 1, so this EP 2 is mainly a "here's how much a child can affect the lives of two hard working assassins".

They'll figure out something like a baby-sitter or something else in the next episode and Miri won't be as "everywhere" as she was in this EP, so chill.. 

Also, that's not how a 4 year old is ? Believe me, it is ! 

Not all childs are as silent as Anya, and Miri is way more realistic than Anya ever been.
Jan 13, 2023 11:47 AM
Aug 2020
at least anya was likeable, miri's just annoying tbh. of course it's not out of line for a four yearold to be acting childish but it doesn't make the family dynamic enjoyable for viewers. i do agree it's realistic 
there's a meaning to that
Jan 13, 2023 12:03 PM

Jul 2022
As expected from your typical 4 year old, Miri is just a mess to deal with.

Kek

Jan 13, 2023 12:12 PM

May 2020
Kids get a free pass the first time, so I'll look the other way. Though honestly Rei's reactions throughout summed up this episode for me.

Also please don't try that bullet dodging tutorial we just had at home... because that's not how reality works.
Jan 13, 2023 12:26 PM
Aug 2020
Damn lovely and dark at the same time ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿพ
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 13, 2023 12:38 PM

Dec 2013
I had too much anxiety with Miri being left alone for hours and then on such danger, I guess too many people have never interacted with kids to know how much of a wild card they are and if anything Miri is way too well behaved when eating lol.
Jan 13, 2023 12:39 PM
Jan 2017
This kid is starting to annoy me -_-
Jan 13, 2023 12:53 PM

Apr 2021
The little kid is such a pain. Just because that's how kids supposed to act doesn't makes it good entertainment. 
Jan 13, 2023 12:54 PM
Mar 2017
The beginning... he even forgot about Miri lol WHAT A BEAUTIFUL OPENING, despite the fact that the song is calm, the animation, the scenes, the lyrics with the characters are very interesting and beautiful to see, I loved it. Overall I liked it, but I don't like it when children mess up plans or do dangerous things without knowing... I don't know, it's kind of boring. BUT I LOVED THE ENDING, the picture of the three sleeping was so cute.
Jan 13, 2023 1:04 PM

Dec 2016
Not gonna lie, this episode was rough.. especially for my poor eardrums. I hope they can course correct, but while watching I kept wishing the show was titled 'Buddy Assassins' instead of 'Buddy Daddies'.  They are gonna need a real good excuse for not dumping that kid back with her mom as fast as possible. 
Jan 13, 2023 1:15 PM

May 2015
Not so interesting as I expected. The girl is really annoying. I guess, that's how kids actually are when they don't have telepathy to back them up in the most important moments. I get that this is supposed to be a comedy, and it's kinda messed up, but I would have preferred for her to be a sad little girl with some pitiful backstory... or just, well, less loud and chaotic.
Jan 13, 2023 1:16 PM

Jun 2019
Miri, my adorable girl. She's just as chaotic as I thought she'd be and I'm absolutely enjoying it. They finally found out about her mother and looks like they'll try to find her in the next episode. I adore Miri and Papa as well. Rei is too flashy. LOL. The OP and ED are amazing.

Looks like people don't understand what a kid is supposed to be. I guess they never acted the same way as her when they were kids. One honest piece of advice, please don't have kids if you can't handle the most basic thing a kid does. Horrible future shitty parents in this thread.
Pre_YumJan 13, 2023 1:24 PM
Jan 13, 2023 1:16 PM
Apr 2020
Opening is very sus i hope this doesn't have a sad ending
Jan 13, 2023 1:41 PM

Aug 2011
I really enjoyed this episode! Makes sense the whims of a child would really get in the way of their job, hopefully next ep they figure out the day care situation lol
desu desu binches
Jan 13, 2023 2:07 PM
Dec 2022
Omg i just started this and i already ship them omg
Jan 13, 2023 2:21 PM

Jun 2013
I just love Rei (no homo)
I hate kids
Jan 13, 2023 2:24 PM

Mar 2014
Its like some of the people here have never been around a energetic 4 year old child before...

Never have kids you guys (You know who you are)
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jan 13, 2023 2:37 PM
Jun 2022
They literally just took someone’s fan fic and made it into a tv show, love it
Jan 13, 2023 2:41 PM

Feb 2021
A reminder to use birth-control.
ScuzzyBearJan 13, 2023 2:46 PM

"๐˜๐˜ฆ๐˜บ, ๐˜๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ช... ๐˜•๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ, ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ."
โป๐˜•๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ข ๐˜–๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ช
Jan 13, 2023 2:47 PM

Jan 2021
that was annoying ep
Roxy

Jan 13, 2023 2:52 PM

Nov 2015

Nice ED. Cute family. 
HACKs! ๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคฎ
Jan 13, 2023 3:03 PM
Jan 2021
... What did I just watch? I was waiting for a wacky comedy and... yeah ok, I got that part right. But damn, that's somehow dark. Like, you laugh because what's happening is totally surreal but at the same time... well, bringing a kid to your job when you're an assassin is pretty fucked up. On that note, I appreciate that the kid acts like a kid, but that's bound to irk some people.

Contrarily than what I saw in some comments, I don't think it is made to be "cute" (well, YES but hear me out). Miri is a constant obstacle (so, annoying) for the two protagonists and it tells us how unadapted to casual life they are.

While it's evident for Rei, I think it also characterize Kazuki as insane: he acts like a sociable and caring guy, and while he actually longs for human interactions, what reasons does he have to do the mission discretely? Because it is a proof of competence in his profession, and annoying to deal with the aftermath. So really logic-based. 

He is also ok to bring a little girl on an assassination mission, and to recall the first episode, he is quick to lie, gamble, take charge of KID on a whim and his reaction to killing the father doesn't go over a "oops, what do we do". For me, the kid acts like a kid, and it appears cute and bubbly (or boring and annoying if you don't like children) in comparison. If there is as much budget behind it as it seems, I suppose this characterization isn't done by chance. It's not the "good" and the "bad" cop, it's two different kind of bad.

It's the over the top jazzy tone of the show and its gap with the context that is funny for me, the gap between the "oh no, I don't have anybody to watch over a child, guess I'll bring her to work with me" and the "by the way, I'm an assassin". 

Anyway, all this rambling and over the top analysis to say: I liked it and genuinely laughed! I see many directions they could go for and I'll wait for the next! (if they go for the "they grew attached to her" in the next episode, they need to do it right though, because it is not established in this episode.)
Jan 13, 2023 3:09 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Even with its second part which was filled with more slice of life fluff than the first, Spy X Family has raised the bar so high for anime with the "childcare" tag, that for the foreseeable future it will most likely solo and spoil any other anime with the tag that comes after it. Also not EXACTLY what I'd call a "childcare" anime, but Barakamon still holds the title for best kid in all of anime. Naru solo's your favourite kid in anime, even Anya. The girl from Clannad After Story comes close though, as well as the girl from the Yakuza Babysitting anime whatever-its-called. I dropped that one though, the anime as a whole got kind of meh.

Anyway, maybe we should actually talk about today's episode of Buddy Daddies. And despite it's clean animation, fun characters and fun premise and what not, I'm still not sold on it. I'm still sitting on the fence, feeling 50/50 about it. Is it because of what I said above, that Spy X Family has spoiled every "childcare" anime that is to come? Or perhaps I'm not alone in thinking that this kid is getting on my nerves.... and looking at everyone else here, looks like some are thinking the same thing. She's nothing special, it would be nice for her to be, but she doesn't have to be. She just has to be serviceable enough as a kid character to check off the "childcare" tag. But the problem isn't that her thunder has been stolen by Anya (although even if Anya didn't exist, I would still think Miri is just whatever), but that she is....

...irritating. So, how do we fix her from being irritating? There's one simple solution: just have her not interfere with the buddy daddies when they go to work. She doesn't have mind-reading powers, so she doesn't have to ASSIST them by any means and write messages on doors using ketchup saving them from getting blown up. She just simply has to STAY OUT OF THE WAY, so we can see some cool assassination action, and not some goofy chase involving chasing a kid who always has to pee. Oh, having her mess things up will be integral to the plot later on? Ok, I can see that. But I can also see how you could EASILY write your way around that. I mean even as a more turn-your-brain-off kind of show, if all this included in the writing...

-Miri being strong enough to flip over a couch
-Buddy daddies being professional assassins but still deciding to bring a kid who they know to be a nuisance to an urgent mission
-The henchman at the door not noticing the chunky taser in buddy daddy's hat despite being the first line of defense to a highly secure mansion of a highly paranoid man
-Buddy daddy not immediately subduing the henchman and getting out with Miri, and instead tries to out-talk a 4-year-old to get out of the situation
-Buddy daddy not being able catch a running 4-year-old
-Bathtub-bed edgy buddy daddy not shooting the actual target while the target was close to the window
-Buddy daddy running in a straight line amidst a flurry of bullet trails and getting out completely unscathed, yeah sit the f*ck down lycoris recoil

...then I'm sure you can write a way in that Miri here is a bit less annoying? Maybe??

Yes Mr. Pre-Cum, that's how a lot of little kids act like. That doesn't change the fact that none of us want to see that sh*t. It's realistic, yes. But I don't think a show that has bullet-time is striving for realism. And even still, having a kid who's NOT utterly annoying can be realistic too, right? This is the kind of show where it seems they were free to brain storm and go absolutely ape-sh*t in the writing room. So why not write in a kid character who's like, likable?
BetaMaleUltraJan 13, 2023 3:19 PM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 13, 2023 3:34 PM
Jan 2021
cute episode but its reminded me that i dont want kids. 
Jan 13, 2023 3:40 PM

Aug 2022
the complaints about realism are silly for this anime because it's obviously a comedy. if the humor isn't your style that's perfectly fine but it's not going to be some grimdark hyperrealistic assassin drama with a deep cutting exploration of gun violence trauma in children. even the most hyperactive kid probably wouldn't be laughing and running around in a shootout, it's just SUPPOSED to be played up for comedy, so I don't mind it.

I really enjoy all the characters, even if miri is a little annoying at times (that's how kids are), and I'm looking forward to whatever rube goldberg machine-type situation is going to keep miri from going back to her mom in the next episode. the ED was super cute. rei sleeping in the bathtub and smoking under the range hood, MIRI WITH GUN, and kazuki scooping rei up while he's still shooting were highlights for me. so far this show is definitely my favorite that I'm watching this season! (funny enough, the PA Works original last season, Akiba Maid Sensou, was my favorite that time around too)
Jan 13, 2023 3:55 PM

Jan 2021
miri can be cute and all but she's a troublesome kid, what is to be expected from a 4 year old. 

kazuki & rei were brought on a mission to assassinate someone at his mansion but that totally backfired when miri said "papa" to kazuki, and that's how chaos unfolded and someone else needed to clear the job.

pretty okay episode, liked the gunfight though. 
Jan 13, 2023 4:07 PM
Personified

Sep 2022
Damn Miri really causing them alot of issues lol. Atleast she is cute tho even when holding a glock.That mission also fould not have gone much worse, luckily the shooters have stormtrooper aim and can't hit anything. That other agent looks menacing as well!!

Jan 13, 2023 4:58 PM

Apr 2022
surprised miri didn't sleep earlier from all that running, way too energetic. fun watch tho. rei oji-san came in clutch again.
Jan 13, 2023 5:02 PM
Aug 2021
The opening is so so good, I love it.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2023

162 by Skadex »»
May 11, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2023

290 by PrimeX »»
May 8, 7:22 AM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2023

152 by PrimeX »»
May 8, 5:59 AM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2023

166 by PrimeX »»
May 7, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2023

109 by PrimeX »»
May 7, 5:01 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.