Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 10, 2023 7:31 AM

Nov 2010
What anime from the Winter 2023 season are you planning to watch?

It's been almost a year since I made a post, but I finally started watching some anime again recently.  I had been primarily reading instead of watching content lately, however I finally got the motivation to start checking out some anime again.  So far I've mostly started back with some specials/extras/OVA's related to series I've watched in the past, as well as finishing off a couple sequels to anime I had also previously seen.  I'm sure there is some new stuff I will want to check out too, but so far I've just been going with whatever interests me the most at the time.

I've still been continuing to read some of the webtoons I've previously mentioned having an interest in as well as a few new things as well.  I really enjoyed reading See You in My 19th Life, which I finished not too long ago, and I'll probably still be reading a few things here and there.  I am however looking forward to watching more anime again, including new anime from this season, as well as probably some of what I've been holding off on watching for a while now.

Surprisingly this season only around half of my main interests are sequels, and there are quite a few new anime series I'm interested in as well.  Here's to hoping they are done well and continue to capture my interest as the season goes on.

The series airing this season I will likely check out include:

1. Vinland Saga Season 2
  2. Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! (Tomo-chan Is a Girl!)
  3. Koori Zokusei Danshi to Cool na Douryou Joshi (The Ice Guy and His Cool Female Colleague)
  4. Kubo-san wa Mob wo Yurusanai (Kubo Won't Let Me Be Invisible)
  5. Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Fuka Shou - Yakusai-hen (Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? IV)
  6. Tsurune: Tsunagari no Issha (Tsurune - The Linking Shot -)
  7. NieR:Automata Ver1.1a

I actually listed four anime here that aren't sequels, but I have read some of the content related to two of them before.  NieR is a game I haven't played, but have been wanting to, so maybe I'll end up checking out it's anime now.  Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! and The Ice Guy and His Cool Female Colleague I have already read some of previously, and enjoyed both.  Tomo-chan is about a tomboy girl wanting to be seen more as a girl by her best friend and now crush, rather than just another one of the guys.  It has a lot of comedy and was a fairly solid read.  The Ice Guy and His Cool Female Colleague is just as the title says, with a guy that creates an icy atmosphere from his emotions, and his cool female colleague hes falling for that helps him in the workplace.  I'm not sure if I'd label either as anything exceptional, but they were definitely enjoyable from what I had read so far.  Kubo-san wa Mob wo Yurusanai looks very similar to Takagi-san with a girl teasing a guy in class, but I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing, as I very much enjoyed watching the Takagi-san anime too.

Vinland Saga is definitely worth a watch in case you haven't already seen the first season, and hopefully this second season also ends up good.  I'd say I'm probably not as hyped about it as many others are, but I am still looking forward to it, and did enjoy the first season as well.  I haven't watched the first part of season 4 yet for Dungeon ni Deai, but it is a series I have seen the previous seasons for already.  I will likely check out this 2nd part of the season as well as the first part sometime soon, although I wouldn't say the series is a high on my list of what I want to watch the most.  Tsurune is an alright anime about archery, so I may be checking out it's 2nd season now too.

I'll also be continuing these anime still airing from last season:

• Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season (My Hero Academia Season 6)
  • Mairimashita! Iruma-kun 3rd Season (Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Season 3)

I hadn't been keeping up with anime much the past half a year or so, and haven't actually started the 6th season of My Hero Academia, or the 3rd season of Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun.  However, seeing as they are sequels to anime I watched in the past, I'll be checking them out now.  Should be nice for me considering they will be finishing up this anime season.  I haven't seen any of Blue Lock, but it is also continuing this season and rated highly, so maybe it will be something I go back to check out.

Other anime I may check out based on ratings/reviews include:

• Otonari no Tenshi-sama ni Itsunomanika Dame Ningen ni Sareteita Ken (The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten)
  • Tensei Oujo to Tensai Reijou no Mahou Kakumei (The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady)
  • Mou Ippon! ("Ippon" again!)
  • Zuoshou Shanglan (Left-Hand Layup!)
  • Ningen Fushin no Boukensha-tachi ga Sekai wo Sukuu you desu (Ningen Fushin: Adventurers Who Don't Believe in Humanity Will Save the World)
  • Isekai Nonbiri Nouka (Farming Life in Another World)
  • Tsundere Akuyaku Reijou Liselotte to Jikkyou no Endou-kun to Kaisetsu no Kobayashi-san (Endo and Kobayashi Live! The Latest on Tsundere Villainess Lieselotte)
  • Sugar Apple Fairy Tale

I hadn't really heard of or seen anything on any of these prior to today, but these are the anime that piqued my interest this season, that I'm still unsure about.  A lot of the anime this season seemed to have a lot of similarities to one another, and I think these are the ones I'm most likely to check out among them.  Mou Ippon! is about judo, and I had recently been reading The Gentle Way, which is also about judo, so it may be one I end up checking out.  I also just like sports anime in general, so I may check out Left-Hand Layup! as well since I like basketball quite a bit.  The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten looked like kind of a basic premise setting up two people, but if done right, maybe it will still be really good.  The rest I'll more or less just see how they do, and if they still interest me later in the season.

As far as movies/specials go I don't have any this season

I'll probably just focus on watching the other anime I'm interested in, and maybe catch up on some movies I haven't got around to watching yet from previous seasons like The First Slam Dunk.
Twitch: Pokey26
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Spring 2024 Anime Season

Pokey26 - Mar 28

0 by Pokey26 »»
Mar 28, 7:19 PM

» My Recap of the Winter 2024 Anime Season

Pokey26 - Mar 28

0 by Pokey26 »»
Mar 28, 1:56 PM

» Webtoons

Pokey26 - Jun 24, 2022

1 by Pokey26 »»
Jan 7, 2023 1:55 AM

» Spring 2022 Anime Season

Pokey26 - Apr 1, 2022

2 by Pokey26 »»
Apr 22, 2022 3:00 PM

» Winter 2022 Anime Season

Pokey26 - Jan 20, 2022

7 by Pokey26 »»
Apr 1, 2022 6:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.