Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 7, 2023 8:56 PM

Jul 2021
this was awesome. loved this.

will have to look over how all the enemies' bullets didn't hit out mc's though and why the dude didn't shoot miri there, he had an easy chance.

i'm not sure but is miri his real daughter?

5/5. great first episode and great substitute for spy x family on saturdays.

the amount of people judging this as bad and dropping it after just a single episode is so sad and idiotic.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 7, 2023 10:08 PM

Nov 2012
Kazuki and the bad guy looked so much alike I'm not sure which one was Papa.  
Jan 7, 2023 11:00 PM
May 2021
Really liked the start! 🔥🔥 and she is cute af
Jan 7, 2023 11:22 PM

Oct 2015
I... I LOVE THIS. THIS IS MY CUP OF COFFEE IN ANIME.

"Our kid" he said??! I know this blonde dude is straight (or maybe bi lol) but DO NOT STOP ME FROM SHIPPING THESE TWO DADDIES. THEY'RE CALLED DADDIES FOR A REASON. THEY HAVE A KID. DANG. And blonde dude is a mom. Look at him cleaning and cooking lmao! This is so domestic! I love this! XD

Also Uchi and Toshi as the daddies' voice actors?! This pair is just Yuuri and Yuratchka! XD

(There's a theme we love as BL fans. We love BL manga that feature kids. We love BL family stories. This anime is not BL but it's still funny we kinda got what we want lmao!)
   HuaLian <3
Jan 7, 2023 11:52 PM
Sep 2021
dragynfaerie said:
Kazuki and the bad guy looked so much alike I'm not sure which one was Papa.  

It seems that Miri has been travelling after her mother told her that her dad was going to be at this event.

Judging by her backpack, she probably left without her mother consent.

She had pictures of her "Papa" that Kazuki found later on.

Miri might not be aware of the "look" of her "Papa" yet -maybe she just took these cause her mom is on it with some stranger she doesn't know, she's just 4...- , but maybe that'll be explainatory for her when she'll start asking questions after a few years.. and then the fact Kazuki and the guy they killed look alike will pass for her as "Okay, you're my Papa" until they decide to tell her the truth.

The real question is : Won't the mom come to try to get her daughter back ? Will we have Kazuki and Rei falling for the same woman ? 

Mysteryyyyy !

This episode was a bit slow/boring at parts, but gloablly it's a good 8 so far (first episodes are often there to set the environment and stuff).

The next 2 - 3 episodes will reveal how this series will be (probably very good).

PS : When Kazuki said "Don't bring someone unless you're gonna care for them start to finish", and then the flashback of his pregnant girl... I think she and the baby were killed because of his job and that's why he got rid of the cat at first, and then "tried" to fit the Papa role for Miri cause she reminds him of his previous GF saying "I want to see Papa".
Tobirama-SenseiJan 8, 2023 12:18 AM
Jan 8, 2023 12:32 AM
Oct 2019
Hell Yeah it's a new season of Anime and sign me up with P.A Works Original.

After Anya now we got a new cute daughter, Miri.
Of course people gonna compared it with Spy x Family.

Omg the plot twist, the mafia boss was her father? and they killed him LMAO

Jan 8, 2023 12:33 AM
Oct 2019
CQLLIST said:
Is it just me or the character design looks a bit similar to Baccano? This is when I look into Kazuki's facial expression.
same people who did the character design. no wonder you thinking that.
Jan 8, 2023 12:35 AM
Jan 2023
Cute anime characters
Jan 8, 2023 1:38 AM
Jun 2015
the show is decent so far. i hope the kid develops a personality outside of just being cute, that would get boring and repetitive quick. the two mc’s seem to be well rounded, with some potential traits for character development to occur through. i’ll keep watching but i’m not blown away from just this one episode.
Jan 8, 2023 1:54 AM
Nov 2022
its like spy family or better
Jan 8, 2023 2:27 AM
Mar 2012
many crime/childcare shows been getting popular.
lots of 3d to start. Pair got slick action tho & funny. dont like the mc tho.
cute cat needs to come back.
Why design Kazuki so similar to the killed target? And mom's on stage right, could send Miri there, or another design overlap issue? And why the dead dad took his own kid hostage?
stormtrooper aim fits the silly vibe but on the fence for now.
Jan 8, 2023 3:27 AM
Mar 2020
This anime definitely only has 2 possible endings.

Very, very sad ending or very, very happy ending. 
Jan 8, 2023 4:23 AM

Mar 2021
Why did no one question why a small girl was roaming around the streets all by herself? Why didn't anyone she approached call the authorities about a missing child? Why did the man that worked at the hotel let her in without asking where her parents are?
Jan 8, 2023 4:37 AM
Sep 2021
prince_noctis_ said:
Why did no one question why a small girl was roaming around the streets all by herself? Why didn't anyone she approached call the authorities about a missing child? Why did the man that worked at the hotel let her in without asking where her parents are?
Why no one asked why a small girl was yelling "help" on the back of a big doggy and just ended up saying "She's so cute" ? 

Why did men try to actually kill that small girl on a street before getting knocked out by her assassin mommy ?

Answer to all of your questions : This is an anime, it doesn't have to be 100% logical or realistic.
Jan 8, 2023 4:51 AM

Jan 2021
i dont have much to contribute, got me simping for rei from the very first ep, good job
"Akira, why am I the only one talking?"
Jan 8, 2023 5:00 AM

Mar 2021
Tobirama-Sensei said:
prince_noctis_ said:
Why no one asked why a small girl was yelling "help" on the back of a big doggy and just ended up saying "She's so cute" ? 

Why did men try to actually kill that small girl on a street before getting knocked out by her assassin mommy ?

Answer to all of your questions : This is an anime, it doesn't have to be 100% logical or realistic.
Don't have common sense or ask questions, just consume product.
prince_noctis_Jan 8, 2023 9:05 AM
Jan 8, 2023 5:24 AM
Jul 2020
It was just like spy x family and I loved that so I decided I give it a 5 and a masterpiece to it.
Idk
Jan 8, 2023 8:28 AM

Dec 2018
Amazing first episode! All the guys look handsome... Even Miri is cute too... And Miri is my hometown name. Lol.

Well, it is sad he have to let go of the cat since his partner love cat... I thought the Kazuki is Miri father... Then I red this discussion talking about the dead target is her father... Wait... Which one the truth then... Or course she's Kazuki daughter right?.... If she's the dead guy daughter.... The target's wife still alive... So...

Jan 8, 2023 9:25 AM
Feb 2021
that's just too magical!
Jan 8, 2023 9:45 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
Miri is just too adorable, need to protecc her!! ;-; Loved how she didn't give a shit with all the gun firing around her lmao

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Jan 8, 2023 11:41 AM

Oct 2015
miriarisa said:
LOVE BL? UH ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING.

Hoooo so you're one of those. Looks like you just made an account to sh*t on this anime. Pft!

But I know. What trash taste I have! Truly disgusting! Hahaha! But I still love it! XD
   HuaLian <3
Jan 8, 2023 11:45 AM

Nov 2013
Bruh, so the girl has been walking around the town with millions of people, alone all day, and stumbles upon her real father completely coincidentally while he's on a mission. The odds are so astronomical my eyes have rolled to the edge of my skull...
Jan 8, 2023 12:17 PM
Sep 2016
That's gonna be a lot of queer baiting
Jan 8, 2023 12:30 PM
Jul 2015
Not sure where my comment went but I hope I do not make a double one.

The moment I saw the way they animated the MP5K, they've bought me. I really like the animation and the art style. The story and characters ain't half bad either. It's a fun little show. Will continue to watch it for sure.

On the other hand I really hope that it doesn't turn out to be a BL type of anime. It doesn't look like it will but tou never know.

No hate, it's just that it isn't my cup of tea.
Jan 8, 2023 12:33 PM
Sep 2015
It's definitely not bad although I don't see it surpassing SpyxFamily's popularity.

I hope we won't have another Lycoris Recoil situation where Rei can dogde bullets and succeed in every mission without a scratch.

7/10 until now
Jan 8, 2023 1:02 PM
Mar 2022
It's spyxfamily but with 2 hot dads. Raven(bad in chores but good in the killing job) and blonde(perfect in both) haired parents with an adopted kid(4 same as anya), also found by the blonde.

As of now a 7.5/10 for me
Jan 8, 2023 6:23 PM
Nov 2022
cant wait for more!
Jan 8, 2023 6:51 PM
Jan 2023
I liked this episode as an introduction to the series and I'm excited to see how the plot plays out as it goes on. The characters are fun and interesting and I can't wait to see more of them.
Jan 8, 2023 7:07 PM
Feb 2021
If it turns out to be an aromantic representation of the two men, then I can recommend this to an aromantic audience.

You don't need to have romantic or sexual feelings for each other, especially when you and said partner decided to start a new family by adopting a kid. That's what I felt during the episode. I support their queerplatonic relationship (of course I don't mind what their sexual orientation is; that's up to the production crew) being a possible hint.
Jan 9, 2023 2:29 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I'm ready to be surprised by a PA Works original yet again. Let's give it another episode or two to get a more proper feel for it, but I think anyone can easily sense the potential this holds. Not that it was an issue, but Spy X Family become a bit too slice-of-life-y for my taste. I hope this doesn't become something similar, where it's mostly light fluff with the "childcare" tag thrown in there as a gimmick. I'm going to bet that it won't be merely so, and that it will indeed carry some weight; those flashbacks can probably attest to that. 

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 9, 2023 4:48 AM
Aug 2018
Spy x family but whit queerbaiting? Nice
Jan 9, 2023 8:33 AM
Dec 2015
LOVE IT! Love the duo, the kid isn't too annoying either!
Jan 9, 2023 10:23 AM
Feb 2021
The first episode was a promising start, I really like the characters and I felt rather emotionally invested in them by the end. The action was engaging and I thought the comedy was funny too. I thought some of the action sequences were unrealistic, but it was still fun to watch so I don't really mind. Will continue watching it, can't wait to see where it goes from here :D
Jan 9, 2023 11:43 AM

Apr 2019
gay x family!! i love it
i hope they get the cat back though
Jan 9, 2023 6:40 PM

Mar 2013
This one really reminds me of Tiger and Bunny.
The kid's VA really made an impact making the character so much adorable. Will she be a competition to our Spy x Family girl?

So far, it's good enough.

Not really interesting as we got some hint of the backstory of the blonde-MC of how it went in just an episode, more like, okay.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 9, 2023 9:25 PM

Jan 2020
Good first episode. Won’t be a Spy x Family replacement but seems like it has potential to be entertaining regardless
Jan 9, 2023 11:58 PM
Apr 2021
AMAZING FIRST EPISODE
Jan 10, 2023 7:12 AM
Jan 2023
mid anime, she's cute tho
Jan 10, 2023 1:47 PM
May 2020
I loved this first episode. I love the characters, the animation is very beautiful, the story is very interesting. Miri is very cute, she reminds me of Anya. I need to know more about Kazuki. And Rei is prayed to, new husbando
Jan 10, 2023 3:25 PM
Dec 2021
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Bruh, so the girl has been walking around the town with millions of people, alone all day, and stumbles upon her real father completely coincidentally while he's on a mission. The odds are so astronomical my eyes have rolled to the edge of my skull...

Oh it gets worse when you examine Miri's situation:

Miri was the daughter of their target (the two buddy daddies).

That means any or all assigned male target and their bodyguards could be a father...

And episode 1 showed us the many envelopes shoved in the drawer that the ex-wife/girlfriend didn't claim...

So yeah... the "Miri's Orphanage for Children with Assassinated Fathers" is gonna be fully stocked by the end of the season.
Jan 10, 2023 4:46 PM

Jan 2008
This is closer to what I wanted Spy X Family to be. It doesn't shy away from the fact these guys are killers. I'm already invested and it's only episode one
Jan 10, 2023 11:57 PM
Feb 2019
this is so fricken cute i cannot stand the cuteness T-T
Jan 11, 2023 1:05 AM
Oct 2019
Characters have more personality than spyxfamily characters.
Jan 11, 2023 10:12 AM

May 2015
I just watched the first episode of Kobo won't let me be invisible which I thought was super wholesome and cute but HOLY DAMN SHE'S ADORABLE!!!

I am very much going to enjoy this series. 
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 12, 2023 4:58 AM
Nov 2012
It was funny and I like the action too.
Jan 12, 2023 5:27 AM
Oct 2022
First episode did its job with the introduction of characters and relationships for the series
Jan 12, 2023 12:57 PM

Jul 2012
Amigo! This was so good! Way better than I expected!
The killing had me surprised lol
Already hooked!
Jan 12, 2023 2:55 PM

May 2015
Nice! Now Kazuki has someone to appreciate his cooking.
Can be pretty fun series, looking forward to the next episodes.
Jan 13, 2023 12:17 AM
Dec 2022
the ending of the first ep was mad
Jan 13, 2023 12:39 AM

Dec 2018
setup episode. don't really see anything particularly special yet.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2023

162 by Skadex »»
May 11, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2023

290 by PrimeX »»
May 8, 7:22 AM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2023

152 by PrimeX »»
May 8, 5:59 AM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2023

166 by PrimeX »»
May 7, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2023

109 by PrimeX »»
May 7, 5:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.