Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto' Gets TV Anime in Summer 2023

New
Jan 6, 2023 12:57 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
An official website opened by production and distribution company Nikkatsu announced a television anime adaptation of Haro Aso and Koutarou Takata's Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto (Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead) manga on Friday, revealing the main staff, cast, a teaser visual (pictured), and the first promo. The anime series will begin airing in July 2023.

Voice actor Shuuichirou Umeda (Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san) is starring as Akira Tendou.

VIZ Media licensed the anime series in North America, Latin America, Australia, and New Zealand, according to entertainment news outlet Variety. Hulu will stream the anime in the U.S. The anime is part of a production deal between VIZ Media, Shogakukan, and Shogakukan-Shueisha Productions.

Staff
Director: Kazuki Kawagoe (Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu.)
Assistant Director: Hanako Ueda (Summertime Render episode director)
Series Composition: Hiroshi Seko (Dorohedoro)
Character Design: Kii Tanaka (Kumo desu ga, Nani ka?)
Zombie Design: Junpei Fukuchi (Beyblade Burst chief animation director)
Music: Makoto Miyazaki (One Punch Man)
Music Selection: Maiko Gouda (Devilman: Crybaby)
Sound Production: dugout
Production: Shogakukan-Shueisha Productions

BUG FILMS, a new animation studio established by production company Twin Engine in October 2021, is producing the anime.

Aso and Takata began the comedy horror manga in Sunday Gene-X magazine in October 2019. Shogakukan published the 12th volume on November 17, with the 13th volume scheduled to be released on February 17.

VIZ Media licensed the manga in English in July 2020 and shipped the eighth volume on August 16. The ninth volume is planned for a February 21 release.

A live action movie based on the manga will premiere worldwide on Netflix in 2023. Yuusuke Ishida (Shin Godzilla) is directing the movie, with Eiji Akaso (Kamen Rider Build) is starring as Akira Tendou.

Synopsis
In a trash-filled apartment, 24-year-old Akira Tendo watches a zombie movie with lifeless, envious eyes. After spending three hard years at an exploitative corporation in Japan, his spirit is broken. He can't even muster the coursage to confess his feelings to his beautiful co-worker Ohtori. Then one morning, he stumbles upon his landlord eating lunch—which happens to be another tenant! The whole city's swarming with zombies, and even though he's running for his life, Akira has never felt more alive! (Source: VIZ Media)

PV 1

Official site: https://zom100.com/
Official Twitter: @Zom100_anime_JP

Source: Press Release

Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto on MAL
VindstotJan 7, 2023 2:06 AM

Jan 6, 2023 1:08 AM

Apr 2016
And im guessing the girl is hot becasue the stroy is trash, right.
Jan 6, 2023 1:14 AM
Jun 2016
It's getting a live action adaptation on Netflix and now an anime too.
The plot is really fun. Will be watching this for sure.
Jan 6, 2023 1:22 AM
Feb 2021
Wow if the show maintains the quality of the PV we’re in for a treat! Looking forward to seeing Bug Films future projects 
Jan 6, 2023 1:28 AM

May 2020
I'm getting the feeling I've watched something similar plenty of times already though nonetheless trailer looked good but all over the place.
Jan 6, 2023 1:44 AM

Jul 2015
Yes! Finally a good zombie apocalypse anime after eight long years.
Still, we only had one decent zombie apocalypse so far, so I guess we're eating good this year.

Jan 6, 2023 2:05 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Damn it. Now I went and bought 7 volumes of the manga to read before the anime airs. I don't have place for these man.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Jan 6, 2023 2:14 AM

Oct 2017
Really like the manga, looking forward to the anime.
Jan 6, 2023 3:08 AM

Apr 2012
Why does this feel more like just another Sony PlayStation game than a manga adaptation? One way or another, I'm always open to new horror.
Jan 6, 2023 3:18 AM

Apr 2014
more zombie anime YESSS. zb and time travel/loop theme is kinda rare
Jan 6, 2023 3:43 AM

Aug 2022
Looks awesome tbh. New studio to look forward to as well. Idk what to say about the premise, it's a zombie anime, I'm not expecting it to be too great story wise.

RobertBobert said:
Why does this feel more like just another Sony PlayStation game than a manga adaptation? One way or another, I'm always open to new horror.
What about this feels like a playstation game?🗿
StaleNutJan 6, 2023 4:03 AM
Jan 6, 2023 3:51 AM
Oct 2021
Yoo WTF,I didn't expect that the manga would get an anime adaptation, I like the manga, the story that is delivered is very funny, even though there are scenes that make me a little hurt
Jan 6, 2023 3:59 AM
作画

Nov 2019
now, this is how you make a godly PV
Jan 6, 2023 4:05 AM

Sep 2020
We will be watching.
Jan 6, 2023 5:18 AM
Jul 2021
I gotta tell you, this is like the first comment i send to amazing PV like this, I can't wait for it to watch, the manga also looks amazing gonna read it for sure
Jan 6, 2023 5:42 AM
Nov 2020
YESS YESSS YESSSSS I WAS EXPECTING THIS AND DAMN THIS LOOKS GOOOOOD!!!
Jan 6, 2023 5:56 AM

Feb 2021
Great. Instead Alice in Borderland getting an appropriate TV anime adaptation we receive this. How can the author of such masterpiece write such "work". I am shocked.
MemoreJan 6, 2023 7:21 AM
Jan 6, 2023 6:39 AM

Feb 2012
The zombie movies and animes are always fun no matter the way the story goes. Will be checking this out for sure.
Jan 6, 2023 7:22 AM

Feb 2021
Ramkec said:
The zombie movies and animes are always fun no matter the way the story goes. Will be checking this out for sure.
Please don't. Better read Alice in Borderland. It is a masterpiece!
Jan 6, 2023 7:25 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Ramkec said:
Lmao don't listen to Memores above, Zom 100 is a fun little time from what I've read, give it a shot. (But also do check out Alice in Borderlands if you haven't seen it too, it's the same writer, and its a little bit better)
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 6, 2023 7:35 AM

Jul 2021
I have hopes since Hiroshi Seko is handling the series composition 
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 6, 2023 8:11 AM

Sep 2020
Memores said:
Great. Instead Alice in Borderland getting an appropriate TV anime adaptation we receive this. How can the author of such masterpiece write such "work". I am shocked.
Alice in Borderland have a proper live action adaptation.
Jan 6, 2023 8:20 AM

Feb 2021
DatRandomDude said:
Ramkec said:
Lmao don't listen to Memores above, Zom 100 is a fun little time from what I've read, give it a shot. (But also do check out Alice in Borderlands if you haven't seen it too, it's the same writer, and its a little bit better)
Really? He can decide it for himself, thanks for your concern. If you think that this manga, then read it. Don't write on the topic on which you have no knowledge. And Alice in Borderland is a great manga, it isn't a bit better, it is amazing comparing to this work!
ZXEAN said:
Memores said:
I write about anime adaptation, not live action, live action is not so good adaptation of the manga.
Jan 6, 2023 8:26 AM

Sep 2020
Memores said:
DatRandomDude said:
Really? He can decide it for himself, thanks for your concern. If you think that this manga, then read it. Don't write on the topic on which you have no knowledge. And Alice in Borderland is a great manga, it isn't a bit better, it is amazing comparing to this work!
ZXEAN said:
I write about anime adaptation, not live action, live action is not so good adaptation of the manga.
Understandable have a nice day 🤗
Jan 6, 2023 8:28 AM

Feb 2021
ZXEAN said:
Memores said:
Understandable have a nice day 🤗

Thank you very much for the understanding! I wish you the same!
Jan 6, 2023 8:38 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Memores said:
DatRandomDude said:
ZXEAN said:
First of all: Funny you say 'he can decide for himself' when you also tried to sway him by telling him to not try Zom 100. If you can give your opinion on it, so can I. (Also I still said he should also try Alice, just that he shouldn't skip on Zom too)

Second: What do you mean Don't write on a topic I have no knowledge? It's not like I know absolutely nothing about Zom or Alice in borderlands, I've read 8 - 9 volumes of AIB and I've read a volume of Zom. Sure, I didn't "finish" or kept up with them but at least I can give an opinion on what I've read so far. (I've never claimed I knew everything in my previous comment lmao)

Ngl it's the first time I'm seeing you so worked up over a manga getting an anime, you're usually pretty positive (even when something looks garbage frankly). Did that manga kill your family or something? jesus...

Anyway, that was it on my part I'm not answering again.

Jan 6, 2023 8:43 AM

Feb 2021
DatRandomDude said:
Memores said:
First of all: Funny you say 'he can decide for himself' when you also tried to sway him by telling him to not try Zom 100. If you can give your opinion on it, so can I. (Also I still said he should also try Alice, just that he shouldn't skip on Zom too)

Second: What do you mean Don't write on a topic I have no knowledge? It's not like I know absolutely nothing about Zom or Alice in borderlands, I've read 8 - 9 volumes of AIB and I've read a volume of Zom. Sure, I didn't "finish" or kept up with them but at least I can give an opinion on what I've read so far. (I've never claimed I knew everything in my previous comment lmao)

Ngl it's the first time I'm seeing you so worked up over a manga getting an anime, you're usually pretty positive (even when something looks garbage frankly). Did that manga kill your family or something? jesus...

Yes, usually I am a very positive man, it is that I simply don't like when strangers teach me what to do. You haven't completed Alice so you don't know the ending.

And what a nonsence you wrote... I live in real life, thanks for your concern. I am shocked that you wrote such absurd things about me and my family. Note that I haven't insulted and wrote anything bad about you or your family. Your behavior towards me, stranger, is innappropriate. And you call yourself MAL team. You should be ashamed of your behavior here.
MemoreJan 6, 2023 8:51 AM
Jan 6, 2023 8:55 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Memores said:
DatRandomDude said:

Yes, usually I am very positive man, simply I don't like when strangers teach me what to do. You haven't completed Alice so you don't know the ending. What a nonsence you wrote... I live in real life, thanks for your concern. I am shocked that you wrote such absurd things about me and my family. Note that I haven't wrote ANYTHING about you or your family. Your behavior towards me, stranger, is innappropriate. And you call yourself MAL team. You should be ashamed for your behavior here.
Alright alright alright, the Did that manga kill your family or something was just an expression, my bad I didn't think you'd take that very seriously. That's my bad on my part, English isn't my first language and while I usually do alright, I do make some poor word choices sometimes. I'm sorry on that front.

And yes, while I know I didn't read the ending, I can at least say that I enjoyed what I've read of the manga so far... is it that weird to think that? I should just shut up on everything I never finished? If I didn't like what I've seen but I never finished it, I should just... never share my opinion? Damn. That's sad.

Also, cool to see we are the same when it comes to not liking getting told what to do by randos.

Let's try to keep it civil now, that thread derailed enough already.

Jan 6, 2023 8:57 AM

Feb 2021
DatRandomDude said:
Memores said:
Yes, usually I am very positive man, simply I don't like when strangers teach me what to do. You haven't completed Alice so you don't know the ending. What a nonsence you wrote... I live in real life, thanks for your concern. I am shocked that you wrote such absurd things about me and my family. Note that I haven't wrote ANYTHING about you or your family. Your behavior towards me, stranger, is innappropriate. And you call yourself MAL team. You should be ashamed for your behavior here.
Alright alright alright, the Did that manga kill your family or something was just an expression, my bad I didn't think you'd take that very seriously. That's my bad on my part, English isn't my first language and while I usually do alright, I do make some poor word choices sometimes. I'm sorry on that front.

And yes, while I know I didn't read the ending, I can at least say that I enjoyed what I've read of the manga so far... is it that weird to think that? I should just shut up on everything I never finished? If I didn't like what I've seen but I never finished it, I should just... never share my opinion? Damn. That's sad.

Also, cool to see we are the same when it comes to not liking getting told what to do by randos.

Let's try to keep it civil now, that thread derailed enough already.
You are right, sorry that I don't know such expression. Ok, I agree, my apologies then if I wrote anything bad to you.
Jan 6, 2023 9:09 AM
Dec 2017
lol this is pretty much resident evil meets quirky and cute shit.

Jan 6, 2023 9:14 AM
Dec 2017
I'm the first person who favorite this new studio😎
Jan 6, 2023 10:52 AM

Dec 2022
Great news. Loved the manga, so hopefully this adaptation does it justice.

Shaded Horizon

Jan 6, 2023 11:29 AM

Jun 2019
Work sucks so much that a zombie apocalypse seems better in comparison lol. This seems like fun, can't wait to watch it.
Jan 6, 2023 1:03 PM

Feb 2021
Crow_Black said:
lol this is pretty much resident evil meets quirky and cute shit.
Yes, it seems that you are right.
Jan 6, 2023 3:04 PM

Jun 2014
This looks like it'll be a fun watch, looking forward to checking it out.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 6, 2023 3:13 PM

Mar 2015
was fun adventure survival "discover new thing" for the first 2 volume, but then spiraled back to edgy "humanity is the real evil" stuff after and haven't touch since. good for fans but i wouldn't touch it.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 6, 2023 3:21 PM

Aug 2010
Viz Media has licensed a new, non-sequel anime? Wow.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jan 8, 2023 7:26 AM

Jul 2019
I really enjoyed watching the PV, I think it's going to be a fun comedy... looking forward!
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Jan 8, 2023 10:55 AM
Mar 2020
Of all the anime adaptations I thought would create some sort of argument, Zom100 was definitely on the bottom of the list lol
It's a very good manga and the PV seems really nice, I'm looking forward to it!
Jan 9, 2023 6:04 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Dunno what to expect from this but I hope it ends up being really good
Jan 9, 2023 7:19 PM

Apr 2014
Always down for a zombie apocalypse anime 
Jan 20, 2023 10:17 AM
Jul 2018
Very hyped for this one just started reading the manga hope the studio knows what are they doing 

More topics from this board

» 'Na Nare Hana Nare' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

Nioxys - 2 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» Animation Studio Gainax Declares Bankruptcy

Vindstot - Jun 9

27 by takkun_ »»
7 hours ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

23 by rektatron »»
7 hours ago

» 'Make Heroine ga Oosugiru!' Unveils Additional Cast, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - Jun 9

1 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Yesterday, 5:31 PM

» Fourth Season of 'Osomatsu-san' Announced

Vindstot - Jun 6

19 by Sondo »»
Yesterday, 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.