Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 1, 2023 9:05 PM
Jul 2021
First, I wanna say a happy new year to everyone including the whole anime community and I hope we'll have good animes in 2023 than previous animes in the past but I have a question about Monster anime that just released today on Netflix: 
At first, I was excited to see Monster on Netflix but there was one problem with this, when I first saw monster there and when I saw the top of the title, I see there were 30 episodes of Monster instead of 74 episodes in total; I was wondering why Netflix didn't add all episodes on there when we get to 30 episodes there's gotta be more episodes of what's gonna happen next? I mean I thought Netflix was a good streaming service to watch, but no. 
Jan 1, 2023 9:27 PM

Mar 2021
When people from Netflix answers your questions, do let me know too!!
Jan 1, 2023 9:39 PM
Dec 2020
Netflix isn't close to even being a GOOD streaming service for watching anime imo. they remove animes as they like and never complete the ones they put on there so you're just left there like .... don't even bother
Jan 1, 2023 9:39 PM
Sep 2022
I think they are trying to build up the suspense for it by not having the entire series. I don't remember what I was watching, but they did that for another show. I just looked it up online and watched the rest of the series elsewhere. I have no patience for that sht.

Anyway, the suspense for the rest of the series is supposed to help viewership I think. Isn't there a say for that "the longer the wait, the sweeter the reward" or something like that lol (⁠๑⁠¯⁠◡⁠¯⁠๑⁠)
Jan 1, 2023 9:43 PM

Jul 2020
Theanimekid_2003 said:
First, I wanna say a happy new year to everyone including the whole anime community and I hope we'll have good animes in 2023 than previous animes in the past but I have a question about Monster anime that just released today on Netflix: 
At first, I was excited to see Monster on Netflix but there was one problem with this, when I first saw monster there and when I saw the top of the title, I see there were 30 episodes of Monster instead of 74 episodes in total; I was wondering why Netflix didn't add all episodes on there when we get to 30 episodes there's gotta be more episodes of what's gonna happen next? I mean I thought Netflix was a good streaming service to watch, but no. 

I talked with a representative, apparently they don’t have the license for the rest of the show yet? I sent an episode request form for the rest of the series.
Jan 1, 2023 9:58 PM

Apr 2022
damn its 2023 and people still think netflix is a good streaming service lmao and wake me up when netflix starts reading mal threads.
Jan 1, 2023 10:02 PM
Feb 2021
well netflix India is best source for anime legally here since crunchyroll sucks here
Jan 1, 2023 10:04 PM

Mar 2021
Bhavya7 said:
well netflix India is best source for anime legally here since crunchyroll sucks here

well Crunchyroll sucks everywhere i can assure you. Their servers are probably hosted by some monkey on a computer and even that is a compliment to how bad it is

Jan 1, 2023 10:04 PM
Dec 2019
They will add the rest eventually. I think they are finally realising that releasing all episodes at once is not a good buisness strategy.
Jan 1, 2023 10:07 PM
Feb 2021
Darkiue said:
Bhavya7 said:

well Crunchyroll sucks everywhere i can assure you. Their servers are probably hosted by some monkey on a computer and even that is a compliment to how bad it is

Am not talking about servers here, the titles of actual good animes are very less so people here buy netflix’s subscription over crunchyroll, much better titles there
Jan 1, 2023 11:05 PM

Mar 2021
Bhavya7 said:
Darkiue said:

Am not talking about servers here, the titles of actual good animes are very less so people here buy netflix’s subscription over crunchyroll, much better titles there

nah i know what you are talking about I am Indian and have used both US crunchyroll and IND crunchyroll when it was official launched. still better than seeing Naruto, Boruto and JoJo part 1 only being here. i hope they improve the number of titles then again i can give less of a shit since I use 9anime to begin with

Jan 1, 2023 11:34 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I remember when watching Takagi-san, I had checked netflix if it had it. And it did- just the 2nd season though, not the first. Very interesting, to say the least

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 2, 2023 12:09 AM
Feb 2021
Plus they didn’t get the GOATed English dub either
Jan 2, 2023 1:54 AM
Feb 2021
OvergrownRover said:
Plus they didn’t get the GOATed English dub either

Exactly no English dub and the English dub for this is a very very good one and not the whole amount to off episodes. I mean cmon AOT on there is STILL at 1 season while a great season it only goes up and now this? Disappointing hopefully they address this soon
Jan 2, 2023 2:32 AM
Jul 2022
Waited out just to watch it all on Netflix when it came out then for the massive disappointment and just watched it somewhere else. Currently on Ep 26 (as of this post) and my god this show is incredible.
Jan 2, 2023 6:05 AM

Aug 2009
i read it somewhere that this is just a first batch and will release the rest in february or march.
Jan 2, 2023 6:10 AM
Jul 2021
Netflix is shit when it comes to anime in general.
Jan 2, 2023 6:44 AM
Dec 2020
Purple-san said:
I think they are trying to build up the suspense for it by not having the entire series. I don't remember what I was watching, but they did that for another show. I just looked it up online and watched the rest of the series elsewhere. I have no patience for that sht.

Anyway, the suspense for the rest of the series is supposed to help viewership I think. Isn't there a say for that "the longer the wait, the sweeter the reward" or something like that lol (⁠๑⁠¯⁠◡⁠¯⁠๑⁠)

I feel like "the longer the wait, the sweeter the reward" doesn't apply to most anime fans lol. and trying to 'build' suspense i think its just stupid especially when you know the anime is completed already who's gonna wait for Netflix to put it all out
Jan 2, 2023 9:41 AM
Sep 2021
You can use a VPN and switch to japanese netflix. They have Monster with all episodes instead of only 30.
Jan 2, 2023 1:37 PM
Oct 2021
The way Netflix did it isn’t strange, in a way 30 episodes is a lot. (if they’re planning on putting the rest of the episodes in the next months or so).

In my opinion, usually you would need to wait way longer if you started a new show and since shows that Netflix release are “new” to their platform you can say that the amount of episodes is quite substantial compared to “brand new shows” that take around 3 months to finish the season.

What do you think?

(Opinions may differ between binge watchers or people who like Netflix in their unique way of giving us the full show in one go.)
Jan 3, 2023 7:20 PM
Sep 2022
-Flaky- said:
Purple-san said:

I feel like "the longer the wait, the sweeter the reward" doesn't apply to most anime fans lol. and trying to 'build' suspense i think its just stupid especially when you know the anime is completed already who's gonna wait for Netflix to put it all out

Agreed 100%. That's why I didn't wait (⁠*⁠꒪⁠ヮ⁠꒪⁠*⁠)
Jan 4, 2023 3:56 PM

Jan 2020
Theanimekid_2003 said:
I saw that and I ran quickly to the forums seeking an answer. I do not know why they did that either. It is such a bummer because when I saw it, I was immediately about to pick up where I left off, but then saw the 30 episodes and hit the brakes. 

Thinking Netflix is a good service is a MISTAKE. In terms of anime, they almost have nothing other than their mediocre originals and maybe a few popular shows which are already available on many other streaming services. I am hoping they're going to add the remaining episodes of Monster soon, hopefully within the next month because I am going to cancel my subscription YET AGAIN. 

I did some digging and apparently, there's a chance of never getting the remaining episodes. It seems that there are other shows on Netflix where only the first 30 episodes or so have been released and the rest hasn't for now years. I guess I'm not going to bother. 
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Jan 5, 2023 4:00 PM
Jan 2021
the quality is dogshit as well
Jan 5, 2023 7:06 PM
Jun 2022
Cause Netflix are a dogshit streaming service, simple as that.
Jan 5, 2023 7:07 PM
Jun 2022
Subham0464 said:
They will add the rest eventually. I think they are finally realising that releasing all episodes at once is not a good buisness strategy.

Yeah but it’s not like this is a new show. It’s been out for nearly 20 years what’s the point in doing that.
Jan 6, 2023 11:08 PM

Sep 2017
I am so happy to see Monster on Netflix, but i agree i think it’s really stupid that they didn’t release the whole show at once. I also am disappointed that they don’t have the english dub on there, i thought the dub was really good and it kinda sucks they don’t have that either :/

Jan 13, 2023 7:34 PM
Aug 2013
Has there been any clarification on when/if they will add the rest of the episodes? I tried contacting them, but so far got no answer at all.
Jan 13, 2023 7:38 PM
Aug 2013
Zen98 said:
I talked with a representative, apparently they don’t have the license for the rest of the show yet? I sent an episode request form for the rest of the series.

What form is that? I haven't heard of a Netflix form where you can request episodes, only series/movie titles. (Is it a regional thing?)
Jan 13, 2023 10:34 PM

Jul 2020
Aurakin said:
Zen98 said:

What form is that? I haven't heard of a Netflix form where you can request episodes, only series/movie titles. (Is it a regional thing?)

Well it wasn’t an episode request form, it was a series request form, the rep told me to put it there. I just added “Monster episodes 31-74”.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 46 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 12, 2008

109 by BerserkGUTS »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Monster Episode 44 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Trie - Mar 10, 2008

435 by Spyral_Grayson »»
May 20, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

627 by FinLuke »»
May 20, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 7, 2008

109 by tectacles »»
May 19, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 6, 2008

130 by tectacles »»
May 12, 6:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.