Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 8, 2010 12:52 AM

Mar 2008
seriously if I was alone in a cell with Kanade....... *nosebleed*
May 8, 2010 12:58 AM

Feb 2009
-"Ouch, are you serious?" "Just wild heaven." "I'll be back"
More dialogue from TK is ok.

-Kanade was great. Slacking off a bit because she was relieved of student council duty. She is adorable when she finished off the Mapo Tofu and when she was sleepy. Hand Sonic Version 4 was just win! Her story is really sad.

-Yuri was hot when she was grabbed by Naoi and resisting like that. She has a nice rack there...

-YNaoi's story was meh. Maybe because it was pottery or because switching twins is typical but is that supposed to make me pity him when he just massacred the SSS brigade. But I am curious about how he got that Geass hypnotism power.

-I can't believe Otonashi swings that way. I can take that he approached Hinata("Korenanoka?" was funny) but hugging Naoi? It was dramatic but the hug just ruined it. But he has a diverse and interesting harem now.

Nice transtion from comedy in the classroom to drama in the rain but the yaoi thing just ruined it.
4/5

LOL at the Otonashi/Hinata FC...
May 8, 2010 1:10 AM

Oct 2009
Wooow, TK: "I'll be back." That made a good laugh. I haven't watched the whole episode yet, but I'm getting worried after your complaints :/
May 8, 2010 1:11 AM
Apr 2009
that was homo-ish
lolol Otonashi could of at least beat the fuck out of Naoi
and then hold Yuri in his arms and then let Naoi tell his story
May 8, 2010 1:16 AM

Nov 2008
Naratchi said:
Wooow, TK: "I'll be back." That made a good laugh. I haven't watched the whole episode yet, but I'm getting worried after your complaints :/
You got to be shitting me. You came here to post and you haven't watched the whole episode yet?

I want to slap you right now.
May 8, 2010 1:17 AM

Oct 2009
Yeah, I straightaway though of H20 with the backstory of the hatted boy; I still don't know his name lol, not planning to learn it.

On my third rewatch :D First was raw though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2010 1:43 AM
May 2010
I'll just say watching the episode a second time I enjoyed it a lot more than my first time, I think the reason why the first time feels so bipolar at the memory part is because people are being emotionally lead one way only to be jerked into another emotion, which I think was intentional. However, I didn't feel anything for Naoi's story either. Still, a second time it all felt much more fluent.

I actually still think Naoi is going to be the villain, next episode suggests something about something huge, a carnival, and being alive. Though that episode will also mark when we're officially a little over halfway done with the series.
May 8, 2010 1:44 AM

Oct 2009
Oh yuuush, that wasn't very satisfying. I'm gonna say this:
THIS EPIC SHITE NEEDS MORE TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN!!!

Maximatum99 said:
Naratchi said:
You got to be shitting me. You came here to post and you haven't watched the whole episode yet?

I want to slap you right now.

Go ahead, I believe I want more slapping today, since this show didn't provide any.
May 8, 2010 1:58 AM

Jan 2010
Serious episode.
Is Otonashi bi ?
Wafu~ !
May 8, 2010 2:01 AM
May 2010
A misconception people may get from this. Otonashi is not bi particularly, in fact in the situation with Naoi being a caring person I would probably have hugged him too, and I am male. Not because I'm attracted but to show I care. The point being, Otonashi is an evidently caring person, I have been able to relate to him a lot and it wasn't out of sexual feelings for him but to show he cared and was there for him.

If he is bi in fact, good for him, but him hugging another guy in obvious need of companionship and help isn't bi for some people. Others will be more uptight, but it's not any different than a guy or girl hugging someone they are worried about or when they want to comfort them.
May 8, 2010 2:11 AM

May 2008
"Ouch! Are you serious?"
I'm starting to give up on figuring out what direction this anime is going. It feels like it ended with this episode. With no antagonists in the show, how will it work? Easy. They'll thrown in another guy outta fucking nowhere and everything will become serious after the funny part of the show. No matter what happens, I'm watching this show solely for TK. ~.~
May 8, 2010 2:22 AM

Mar 2008
Ok, this episode had so much potential with a long, drawn out war with the new SSS and the new Student Council with Naoi as its new leader. However, they quickly resolved it with "it's turning into a one-sided battle" finished with a cooldown hug from Otonashi.

However, once again, the episode is saved, thanks to T "I'll be back" K. 4/5.
May 8, 2010 2:27 AM

Sep 2009
I really liked this episode...though that hug seemed a little weird to me. I wish Otonashi and Tachibana had more time to bond in this episode.

I feel like they are setting Tachibana up for something tragic.
May 8, 2010 2:46 AM

Oct 2009
Yup said:
"Ouch! Are you serious?"
I'm starting to give up on figuring out what direction this anime is going. It feels like it ended with this episode. With no antagonists in the show, how will it work? Easy. They'll thrown in another guy outta fucking nowhere and everything will become serious after the funny part of the show. No matter what happens, I'm watching this show solely for TK. ~.~

There might not be a fixed protagonist but there's still the unexplainned word they are in -- many questions remained unsolved. Well, we could say "God" is the protagonist here.

Though I must say the last scene from this episode was real bad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2010 2:50 AM

Jan 2010
great episode :)

and my presumption that they are in a coma,and if they accept their life as it was they die it's stronger :)

can't you see?
iwasawa or what her name was accepted her life and so she died in the real life i think :(...or maybe she woke up who knows,but it's deffinetely one of these 2 options

but everyone else either doesn't remember what their life was like or they agree that it sucked,so that's why they stay here...

ok so Naoi isn't a bad guy,Otonashi did a good job
i don't get it why otonashi was so dramatic in the fighting scene,it's not like Hinata would actually die :)

5/5,and Angel beats is this close (0.1) to get higher than kanon in my rankings :)

ps:"I'll be back" xD
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
May 8, 2010 2:55 AM

Apr 2010
hahahaha....yuri again was still on the fan-service side...

*KEY GIVE HER ANOTHER ROLE LIKE WHAT YOU DID BEFORE!!!
Sig deleted for idiocy.
May 8, 2010 3:11 AM

Oct 2009
clannad4ever said:
great episode :)

and my presumption that they are in a coma,and if they accept their life as it was they die it's stronger :)

can't you see?
iwasawa or what her name was accepted her life and so she died in the real life i think :(...or maybe she woke up who knows,but it's deffinetely one of these 2 options

but everyone else either doesn't remember what their life was like or they agree that it sucked,so that's why they stay here...

ok so Naoi isn't a bad guy,Otonashi did a good job
i don't get it why otonashi was so dramatic in the fighting scene,it's not like Hinata would actually die :)

5/5,and Angel beats is this close (0.1) to get higher than kanon in my rankings :)

ps:"I'll be back" xD

What dramatic? He was going to put them into eternal slumber through his hypnotism.
May 8, 2010 3:13 AM

Jun 2009
Great episode, i hoped to see some more of Yuri though. But one thing is bugging me, i'm seriously starting to doubt if we'll see any romantic developement between characters. KEY, what happened to you?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 8, 2010 3:15 AM
Jul 2018
TK was talking alot :D
LMAOOOOOO hand sonic version 4
this episode was rushed, i thought they were gonna spend an episode fighting each other and then settle it in the next
May 8, 2010 3:28 AM

Sep 2008
Somewhat expected cheesy endings to episodes given Angel Beats is rated PG-13.
Though the anti-climatic close with those subtle[?] homoerotic undertones was definitely an unwelcome surprise, to say the very least.
May 8, 2010 3:36 AM

Oct 2009
YoshiBoshi said:
Somewhat expected cheesy endings to episodes given Angel Beats is rated PG-13.
Though the anti-climatic close with those subtle[?] homoerotic undertones was definitely an unwelcome surprise, to say the very least.

I agree, the ending of the ep was with no doubt badly executed.
May 8, 2010 3:39 AM

Aug 2009
Oh wow.

Great episode. Amazing. Tenshi <3
But they should get rid of the girl with the pink hair. She's so annoying and she isn't funny.

Also, did you guys see the inconsistent animation/art in the first half? God, it was awful. But the second half made up for that, though.
May 8, 2010 3:46 AM

Feb 2010
i liked it, Otonashi X Kanade ftw~! Only hated how Naoi wasnt beaten to a pulp by Otonashi. I dont understand why dont they just shoot the hypnotised NPCs with Naoi? Dont they revive too? If not, cant they be errr........ created again? Anyways, I hope Otonashi aint gay.

Do you like or wish for the Otonashi X Tachibana Kanade pairing from Angel Beats? Or just love both characters?
Then Join the club ^^:The Otonashi X Tachibana Kanade Club

May 8, 2010 3:50 AM

Jan 2009
Exfinia said:
Only hated how Naoi wasnt beaten to a pulp by Otonashi.
Exactly! Why must Otonashi sympathize with him? Can't they just shoot him or something, beat him down, anything D:
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 8, 2010 4:05 AM

Aug 2009
Oosran said:
Exfinia said:
Only hated how Naoi wasnt beaten to a pulp by Otonashi.
Exactly! Why must Otonashi sympathize with him? Can't they just shoot him or something, beat him down, anything D:

You're so violent, Oosran. D:
May 8, 2010 4:25 AM
Mar 2010
I wouldn't mind getting locked in there if I was with Tenshi x)
May 8, 2010 4:25 AM

Oct 2009
SamTheNayru said:
Oh wow.

But they should get rid of the girl with the pink hair. She's so annoying and she isn't funny.

Also, did you guys see the inconsistent animation/art in the first half? God, it was awful. But the second half made up for that, though.

Yeah, I noticed; everybody was so badly drawn especially Kanade T_T

SamTheNayru said:
Oh wow.

Exfinia said:
i liked it, Otonashi X Kanade ftw~! Only hated how Naoi wasnt beaten to a pulp by Otonashi. I dont understand why dont they just shoot the hypnotised NPCs with Naoi? Dont they revive too? If not, cant they be errr........ created again? Anyways, I hope Otonashi aint gay.

I'm pretty sure they don't respawn, probably just because it goes agaisn't their moral; they don't wanna hurt innocent people I guess...

Otanashi gay? Never, he has to end up with Kanade.
May 8, 2010 4:48 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Very nice episode, this is good stuff.

FoxInTheBox said:
Neither would you mind what she'd think of the whole situation, I'm sure.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 8, 2010 4:48 AM

Aug 2009
So, wait. Did Naoi vanish at the end or not?
May 8, 2010 4:53 AM
Jan 2010
garfield15 said:
So, wait. Did Naoi vanish at the end or not?
I dnt think so... since i thought i hear his voice in the preview of ep 7
May 8, 2010 5:06 AM

Oct 2009
cyruz said:
Very nice episode, this is good stuff.

FoxInTheBox said:
Neither would you mind what she'd think of the whole situation, I'm sure.

Who would mind?
May 8, 2010 5:21 AM

Sep 2009
windy said:
I can't even put into words how I feel about this episode. Holy fucking shit. Was amazing from both homo and non-homo standpoints.

basically summed up the whole ep =))
InariusMay 8, 2010 5:26 AM
May 8, 2010 5:30 AM

Feb 2010
I'd do this to, if i were Otonashi.

Do you like or wish for the Otonashi X Tachibana Kanade pairing from Angel Beats? Or just love both characters?
Then Join the club ^^:The Otonashi X Tachibana Kanade Club

May 8, 2010 5:38 AM

Aug 2009
Yeah, great episode!
Tenshi was cute and amazing, her "situation/story" was quite sad...
I really liked the ending, I wonder if the student council will join now the "good"-ones team^^
Wanna more!

P.S.: Seems like lots thought about the ending scene that it was quite..."homo". I don't think it was like that, I saw it more like friendship. Really, we live in a developed world and tolerance is basic, so I don't think it's very mature to badmouth a scene just because of that. In case, just think that the student council is a girl^^
mrmukMay 8, 2010 5:45 AM
May 8, 2010 5:38 AM

Jan 2009
Zero009 said:

-TK's "I'll be back" dive was awesome.

So true, my friend.

I really enjoyed this episode.
Lots of Tenshi-ness :D
May 8, 2010 5:50 AM

Nov 2008
Well, Yaoto's life sucked, but I really didn't feel much for him, since he was so "evil" before that...

Loved the Moengel/Shirou scenes, and the fact that she helped the SSS. But will she keep helping them?
May 8, 2010 5:59 AM

Feb 2009
Otonoshi = Angel (He made people disappear in directly by asking how their previous life was :D)
May 8, 2010 6:01 AM
Aug 2009
I felt like the episode could have been presented better, everything happened so fast and it didn't have any feeling in it, but it wasn't that bad.
May 8, 2010 6:02 AM

Jan 2010
This episode did not awaken my inner yaoi-fangirl. Nope, not at all.
May 8, 2010 6:07 AM
May 2010
Why was Naoi touching Yuri inappropriately? I thought he was going to sexually assault her.
May 8, 2010 6:20 AM

Feb 2009
coolent18 said:
Why was Naoi touching Yuri inappropriately? I thought he was going to sexually assault her.

LOL~~~~ It's rated 13 below ~~~ :D
May 8, 2010 6:20 AM

Jun 2009
I totally love Tachibana!! She's so overload cute^^
For the episode, I thought this episode was pretty good, for the first part. The second part was okay, even though I really like Otanashi/Hinata part and the hug part Otonashi/Naoi (I'm totally into BL stuff)
Also Hand Sonic v4 was awesome. FlowerxD

I hope next episode will be good. Hopefully.. =_=

To add it, Otonashi Harem! (supportxD)

May 8, 2010 6:32 AM

Oct 2009
Nameles84 said:
coolent18 said:

LOL~~~~ It's rated 13 below ~~~ :D

Me too for a second, then I was like nahhhh not possible.
May 8, 2010 6:33 AM

Feb 2009
Otonashi is not afraid of looking homosexual, I'm so proud of that, ahaha.

This episode just made the whole series meaningful again, almost makes Angel's character sit in the background. I can't wait for next week.

May 8, 2010 6:51 AM

Aug 2009
Episode summary in one picture.

Poor Tachibana and Hinata...
May 8, 2010 6:51 AM

Oct 2009
The hug scene with Otonashi and Naoi would have had much more emotional impact if Naoi was a girl. Aside from that, enough with the yaoi undertones already. And if they don't end this with a Otonashi X Kanade, I will rage hard.
May 8, 2010 7:01 AM

Oct 2009
Finally, delicious drama.
May 8, 2010 7:06 AM

Aug 2008
The ep started out ok, but the show made the grave mistake of thinking I would give the slightest hint of fuck for pottery boy's tragic past, considering he was just introduced as well as massacred most of the other characters whom I also don't care about.
KvakondMay 8, 2010 7:13 AM
May 8, 2010 7:09 AM

Aug 2008
Some of you people need to get a fucking grip. So what if Otonashi is bisexual, if even gay? Saying that a scene would have had more of an emotional impact if it were more heteronormative is sheer ignorance. I don't doubt that some people feel that way, but it's ridiculous for two reasons:
1) The scene wasn't impactful because of not only the change in tone, but the weak attempt at selling Naoi as a sympathetic person.
2) Just because it's straight doesn't make it better.

What's also amusing is that at the end of the day, most of us know that Otonashi is totally straight, and it's just the writer supplementing the story with enough yaoi to win over the fangirls because the story is just not good or even melodramatically bad like the other Key works.

[/rant]
May 8, 2010 7:10 AM

Feb 2009
Great episode! =) A little too fast and unexpected things happening, but considering the amount of episodes this anime will have, it's pretty normal to think they need to speed up a little.

I laughed a lot when Yui kept asking to go to the bathroom, she and Tachibana are ery cute. ^^

And Otonashi's part with Hinata and Naoi was very unexpected too, I didn't know he was so kind, more male protagonists should be like him even thought I'm not very much into BL.

windy said:
Was that voice at the very end of the preview Hinata? Please tell me it wasn't Hinata. I'll just tell myself the line was referring to dying-and-then-coming-back dying.

I've thought about that as well, I hope it isn't him. Actually I don't want anyone to disappear anymore, I'm growing to like the cast of this anime.
Friend Code 3DS: 4914-3165-5517
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Explanation

Vapor_AU - Apr 27

17 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
Apr 29, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1752 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 23, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 21, 2010

388 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 1:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.