Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 25, 2022 5:29 AM

Jul 2017
Minami is out of the picture, and both Akari and Shiori feel the emotional pain knowing that Jiro is available for the taking, since last episode's "scandalous" attempt that draws ire.

As when both girls are fawning over Jiro, the dense male himself is reeling through the same relationship problems between the childhood friend and the make-believe wife. Sad to say, as much as Jiro feels like running away from reality, he just can't. And bumping into Shiori at the bookstore doesn't help him cycle through what he needs to get his feelings through to her, as much as the angel herself is kind-hearted and innocent, inviting Jiro over to hers and Minami's apartment. Jiro gawking at Shiori, only to have a temporary retreat, and then a photo together, it is sweet. But the photo together with the group's beach job, and Jiro noticing Akari's smile, it's as if that the line between friendship and romance is blurred.

Akari's impromptu date during summer break with Jiro, and he's in panic attack of trying to impress his make-believe wife. It's obvious that Akari is trying to entice Jiro with the date, showing her a side that he doesn't know. From an indirect kiss to the cat cafe, and from shopping to games, they had fun together, like it or not.

The ending sequence where both Akari and Shiori ran up the hills towards the shrine where they first both met at the beginning of the anime, passing all of the intended stages of married life and praying for a fulfilling romantic life...I can only think of this way as means of an amicable anime-original stopping point.

Regardless, I'm very pleased with the anime being a respected adaptation of the manga. Definitely one of the best rom-coms I've ever watched this year, 2nd place behind Kaguya-sama.
KANLen09Dec 25, 2022 7:34 AM
Dec 25, 2022 5:32 AM

Feb 2014
Anime original ending, and it feels out of place... While Akari and Shiori was running to the shrine, passing those mob characters as if they will be experiencing that in the future. Overall a good show, we get Akari's fanservice and Shiori's cuteness.
Dec 25, 2022 6:06 AM

Apr 2010
The thing i feared last week happened, an open ending.
While the main did seem focused on Akari in the picture that Shiora showed on her phone he didn't really go all out for her still a bit focused on Shiori.
So even tho it's clear he has feelings for Akari it can still pretty much go both ways.
I am rooting for Akari since i just find her a more fun girl compared to Shiori that being said tho i don't dislike Shiori.
Dec 25, 2022 6:13 AM
Apr 2020
Good ending to a great show. Not surprised by the anime original ending and no announcement for a season 2. Makes sense to leave it where it is. Will have to wait and see how much the anime boosts the manga sales before we will know if it warrants a season 2. All in all I really enjoyed the adaption. Very solid 8/10 for me
Dec 25, 2022 6:30 AM
Nov 2021
Does anyone know where the final episode stops in the manga?
Dec 25, 2022 6:31 AM

Apr 2014
Why oh why?? Shiori needed to appear at the end of the episode. The moment between Jirou and Akari was getting better and better until Shiori appeared as a third wheel. The ending will be much more better without Shiori. I don't dislike Shiori, but, honestly, she is too bland and boring. You can compare between the first half of the episode and the latter half with Akari. The first half was looking very boring but the second with Akari was looking more lively, more energetic than the first half.
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 25, 2022 6:39 AM

Jul 2011
The basic rom-com love triangle was in full force in this episode.

Shiori and Akari have a great cardio workout to run uphill the Phases of Relationship Hill.
Dec 25, 2022 6:50 AM
Sep 2021
Akari is now showing more of herself to Jirou, now the race starts between Shiori and Akari to win over Jirou. Excited more for season 2.
I give it 6/10.
Dec 25, 2022 6:51 AM
May 2017
Is anyone find the song in the end of episode. Another discussion is Mei (Shiori ’s friend) loved Shiori?
Dec 25, 2022 6:55 AM
Oct 2022
I hate it so much.... JUST END WITH AKARI PLS
Dec 25, 2022 6:55 AM
May 2022
Probably one of the best episode
Dec 25, 2022 6:56 AM

Jun 2019
Man... Akari is so cute. She was asking god for forgiveness for loving someone else now. Shiori... back the fuck off. Please. I don't want to hate you but you're really getting on my nerves. Matter of fact, all of them are getting on my nerves. Please, just be honest about your feelings, for once. I know it's hard but please.

Not gonna lie, I initially thought it would be just another romantic comedy but I didn't think I would enjoy it this much. But, it came with a fair share of frustration tbh. I'll always be cheering for Akari.

Akari x Jirou. Shiori... go away!!!
Dec 25, 2022 6:56 AM

Mar 2021
Nice finale with an open ending hope we get a second season
Dec 25, 2022 7:04 AM

Oct 2017
First half with Shiori was sweet and so was the date with Akari. Akari was so cute. The anime original part was kinda weird though but I guess they did it to make a good stopping point.

Pretty decent adaptation of the manga. I was skeptic at first but ended up enjoying it.
Dec 25, 2022 7:09 AM
Dec 2018
as a shiori enjoyer i respevtfully disagree 
Dec 25, 2022 7:16 AM
Sep 2021
KANLen09 said:
Both Shiori and Jiro have finally done the deed, but Jiro was so flustered that he tried running away from reality. As spite as he is, he can't really run away from the childhood crush of his dreams, and to the point of manning up, he's just too innocent to ever speak up. And coming to her make-believe married apartment room where she and Minami stayed, things get easily awkward between the two with Jiro staring at her all over the place. But the atmosphere is good, and Shiori's the real angel in front of Jiro, that while the latter wants to make his action quick, he can't help but look at Akari's smile, the feelings of which either are true or not, it has blurred over time between friendship and love.

Akari calling Jiro out for an impromptu date, and all the stress of the latter causes him to overthink and wear plainly while the former dresses up just like a gyaru would but dressing up only for her make-believe husband to have a good time hanging out, from sharing food to a cat cafe, shopping till they drop, and having fun to show a side that Jiro didn't know about her.

The part where both Akari and Shiori ran up the hills, passing all of the intended stages of married life towards the shrine where they first both met, and together with Jiro praying for a smooth life ahead, I can only think of the anime doing this way as means of an amicable stopping point.

Regardless, I'm very pleased with the anime being a respected adaptation of the manga. Defintely one of the best rom-coms I've ever watched this year, 2nd after Kaguya-sama.

wym? what deed has akari done?
Dec 25, 2022 7:20 AM
Oct 2021
Leehozen said:

its an anime original ending so i would recommend to continue from chapter 29
Dec 25, 2022 7:21 AM
Nov 2021
wraith_unmei said:
Leehozen said:

Thank you very much. 🙏
Dec 25, 2022 7:25 AM
Dec 2022
it was amazing. cant wait for season 2
imfrickedMay 19, 10:08 PM
Dec 25, 2022 7:27 AM

Feb 2021
Really enjoyed this show, it actually surpassed my expectations. 

Akari was amazing and overall it was really fun and cute to follow this show every sunday. 
Dec 25, 2022 7:40 AM

Nov 2016
Surprisingly Akari has the taste buds of a child. Sharing different drinks or food is always sweet, but dang

"It tastes bitter" again with the sussy lines

Ok finale to an enjoyable show 6,5/10

Definitely needs a second season

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 25, 2022 7:49 AM

Feb 2019
Fuukoi is easily one of my fave romcoms now. This was just such a fun watch. Idk how to explain it. It has a lot of the tropes we see in this genre all the time but manages to make it feel fresh. I just think the way akari and jirou’s relationship is handled is so well. Reminds me a lot of Marin and the Kisekoi MC. Just goes to show it’s not what you do, but how you do it.

I loved the finale a lot. They really turned up the drama here at the end, but I feel like it’s really too little too late for shiori. I haven’t read the manga yet, gonna start next week. But like it’s clear Jiro is in love with akari and if a person is conflicted about two people he’s gonna go with the most recent one like 9x out of 10. I wish they’d have fleshed shiori out more because she’s really cute and I think she’s a great girl, but this is one of the few scenarios where I like the main girl more than the childhood friend.
Marinate1016Dec 25, 2022 7:54 AM
Dec 25, 2022 7:54 AM
Jan 2018
The anime could be a 10 without Shiori.
Dec 25, 2022 8:05 AM
Apr 2022
honestly I started watching this solely for art style bc it's so damn pretty and stayed for akari's cuteness; my fear abt open ending came to life this week i hope there is s2 bc I want akari to be happy n yeah I still feel this show would be better without whole shiori bs
Dec 25, 2022 8:06 AM

Feb 2020
Good romcom. I liked the first half of the show more, but it's still pretty good.

It's nice, cute, wholesome, with a bit of spice. Didn't like Shiori as a character but Akari balanced it off so it's fine. Not a fan of the love triangle, but it is what it is. Some dialogues were a little cringy, but also had great heartwarming moments. Also really liked the whole aesthetic & art style of the show, very pretty vibrant colors that made it look unique when compared to other animes. Overall, nice romcom, good for the heart (though felt frustrating to watch at times), and the visuals were nice to look at. 7.5/10

jsookaDec 25, 2022 8:12 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2022 8:09 AM

Oct 2020
AkeZZZ said:
Why oh why?? Shiori needed to appear at the end of the episode. The moment between Jirou and Akari was getting better and better until Shiori appeared as a third wheel. The ending will be much more better without Shiori. I don't dislike Shiori, but, honestly, she is too bland and boring. You can compare between the first half of the episode and the latter half with Akari. The first half was looking very boring but the second with Akari was looking more lively, more energetic than the first half.

pretty weird the studio decided to do that since the appearance of Shiori is original from the manga

in the manga, Akari and Jirou after the date, they say goodbye at the station and Jirou says to her that he also had fun, so dk why they did that shitty ending with Shiori lol

Dec 25, 2022 8:17 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
So this is the end for a potential second season or what? So basically nothing happend again, they have both feelings for Jiro and he can't decide.
5/10
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Dec 25, 2022 8:23 AM

Mar 2018
Well I must say, I was expecting something a little more dramatic. I'll give it a 6/10.
Dec 25, 2022 8:24 AM
Nov 2017
Friends read the manga it's beautiful ♥️
Dec 25, 2022 8:34 AM

Feb 2021
Am I the only one who realised that the rainbow was wrong? I mean the outermost colour is always red instead it was purple.
Dec 25, 2022 8:35 AM

Oct 2020
Good luck Akari and Shiori for Jiro
Dec 25, 2022 8:40 AM

Jan 2018
Finally it ended.

When I started the series I thought the practical exam concept was dumb and now... I still think it's dumb. I enjoyed the series about halfway through when I forgot about how dumb it was but whenever I think a bit hard about it, it impacts my enjoyment of the series. 

I can't say I'm a huge fan of Akari. I don't have anything against gyarus. I liked Marin Kitagawa but I didn't really like Akari Watanabe at least at the start of the series. I didn't start liking her until she finally ditched Tenjin in the last episode. 

I don't understand the hate toward Shiori. She's shy and reserved. I am shy myself (at least in real life) so I can kinda relate to her and understand her thought process. Maybe that's why I liked her and not Akari who's the more outgoing type. 

The main character Jiro... is inoffensive. He's not a bad guy but he's not great either. He's just a dude. And I can appreciate that. 

My least favorite part of this show is probably the fanservice. Again, I don't have anything against fanservice. I like watching shows that have excessive fanservice. But here most of the fanservice felt intrusive to the plot and forced. 

This was a decent open ending. I liked Akari racing with Shiori. I'm glad it's an open ending and the anime didn't favor one girl over the other. Love triangles work best when both competitors have an equal chance of winning and since the story isn't near its end it'd be pointless to have a winner unless it's some sort of clever foreshadowing. At least that's what I thought until I realized it's anime original so it wasn't going to have anything meaningful anyway. Still, I liked the scene. 

It's not as good as some other romcoms I've seen but it's definitely better than a few seasonal romcoms of the year. Wouldn't mind watching a season 2. 
Dec 25, 2022 8:44 AM

Jan 2021
Enjoyed this a lot more than expected after week 1 and 2. Although Jiro is the only one that didnt evolved, even a little...

BTW hope he ends up with Shiori, but as i said on previos episodes, i wouldnt be mad if he ends up with Akari, this anime didnt push you to choose one showing you a bad side of one of the characters, which I liked a lot.  7/10, without the open-ending would be 8/10 for sure.
Dec 25, 2022 8:47 AM
Mar 2019
i need more of this anime its so cute

need second season

for me its a 8,5/10

i will read the manga

Can any tell me in what chaper of manga end the anime?

thanks
Dec 25, 2022 8:48 AM

Nov 2017
Beautiful ending. Absolutely adored this show. Akari and Jiro are such a vibe. Hoping for a 2nd season and I'll be waiting for it!! ^3^

plz @ me
Dec 25, 2022 8:52 AM
Dec 2022
it was great until the very end it became wierd for me tbh but its good i like it
Dec 25, 2022 9:00 AM
Mar 2019
Anyone know we’re I can get my hands on this manga I don’t think I want to wait for a season 2 I want more

Dec 2022
I wonder why they essentially skipped chapter 27. Or to be more precise they skipped 3/4 of chapter 27. The Akari part. I find it quite important... Maybe they gonna start a potential 2nd season with those scenes instead? They basically started with a bit of 27 and then went right on to chapter 28 & 29. Hmm, I still feel that the rest of 27 should've been in there tbh. :/
Instead they put in the running up the hill to the shrine anime original. I really think they missed on something important with that decision though imho.

But okay, that's just how the cookie crumbles, I guess. Hopefully there will be a 2nd season. I'll definitely keep my eyes on it^^ Really liked the adaptation and especially the drawing style with the vibrant colours that have already been mentioned. Overall the Manga is also drawn very well. Fitting adaptation so to say.

Cr4v1nDys
Dec 2022
masterpiece def need a s2 right away
Dec 25, 2022 9:01 AM
May 2017
Very good ending for a very good romantic comedy series! Second season welcome.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Dec 25, 2022 9:10 AM
Dec 2021
This anime is amazing, I really liked it. good.
Dec 25, 2022 9:21 AM
Sep 2015
The running scene is the best. In fact, it's too good for this anime.
Dec 25, 2022 9:22 AM
May 2022
As a hololive fan I got a bit too excited to see Aqua in the book store.
Dec 25, 2022 9:24 AM

Jan 2022
I hope we get a second season and learn more about Minami's past, it would be interesting. Especially if the lady is related to Shiori. So before the kiss, Jiro was giving up on his relationship with Shiori? Rip. Shiori is so cute, y'all are just haters man. I really hope he doesn't friendzone Shiori, she deserves better. At the same time, Akari is cute too ig. I have so many mixed feelings. The rabbits looked like pigs lol.  so the race basically is symbolic of who ends up with Jiro, right? Good symbolism.  

Jiro was a good MC compared to all the other harems that are currently out there. Yeah he was indecisive, but I never found it annoying like with Quessential and Couple of cuckoos. He was more aware of how the other girls felt (mainly Akari) and he would apologize when he fucked up. Plus the side characters were good additions too, like Kamo. Not so much Minami. I loved the animation and colors too. It was very pleasing to the eyes.

Double rainbow all the way!!

This anime was too good and was really slept on. I think it's definitely in the top 3 of the anime that came out this year. I'm gonna miss this. 10/10 for me!
cooldogmomDec 25, 2022 9:35 AM
This never updates so that's cool
Dec 25, 2022 9:25 AM
Oct 2022
This anime is very good I hope to get season 2 soon and in my opinion a score of 1-10 I give 10 because this anime has a very very good story
Dec 25, 2022 9:32 AM

Jan 2015
it's over but let's go manga, i'm excited <3
Trying my best with english d-_-b
Dec 25, 2022 9:36 AM
Nov 2022
Leehozen said:
wraith_unmei said:

Thank you very much. 🙏

do you think there will be 2nd season of this? like is it gonna enough with the material from it's manga?
Dec 25, 2022 9:36 AM
Mar 2021
raychanliyue05 said:
Am I the only one who realised that the rainbow was wrong? I mean the outermost colour is always red instead it was purple.

The outer one was right while the inner one was wrong. Secondary rainbows are inverted.
Dec 25, 2022 9:42 AM
Jun 2019
Was very surprised about this anime. Was it corny? Yes. Was it bad? Not quite. Was it good? To me it was. Both girls are very much deserving of their good endings and it can go either or but it's usually the main character girl who always comes out on top. I very much enjoyed many moments of this anime and will be picking up the manga. With the anime original ending, it makes me sad implying this might be the end of the adapt ion with no S2. Hopefully sales go well and we get more. I love how they both race towards the shrine. It's corny but lovecan make you do corny things for that one person
Dec 25, 2022 9:43 AM
Sep 2021
Good episode but god I hate open endings.. I hope there’s a season 2 at the very least so that there can be an actual conclusion.. either way I’ll probably continue the manga and hope that this gets concluded there. 7/10, probably would’ve been 8/10 with a conclusion
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The MC brain 🧠 is made of stone ( 1 2 )

Ryujin-Sama - May 19

73 by Brandis_king »»
May 24, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2022

150 by cardenas4878 »»
May 21, 7:42 PM

» Is there any chance if a second season?

martingunnarsson - Feb 29

40 by Fenyy »»
May 19, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2022

159 by qwert124 »»
May 11, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2022

116 by acomdata »»
Jan 8, 11:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.