Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 26, 2022 12:40 PM

Jan 2020
I hope we get a season 2 🥺
Dec 26, 2022 12:44 PM

Feb 2021
Spicelit said:
A pretty underrated series if I do say so myself. S2 when?

So not all the light novel chapters were adapted?
Dec 26, 2022 1:27 PM

Jan 2021
Memore said:
Spicelit said:
A pretty underrated series if I do say so myself. S2 when?

(I got this from Wikipedia so don’t know if it’s actually true.) Apparently it adapted the first 8 chapters in the first 2 volumes. There’s 7 volumes as of right now.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Dec 26, 2022 9:31 PM

Feb 2021
Spicelit said:
Memore said:

(I got this from Wikipedia so don’t know if it’s actually true.) Apparently it adapted the first 8 chapters in the first 2 volumes. There’s 7 volumes as of right now.

Really? So it has to be a second season for sure!
Dec 27, 2022 7:24 AM

Apr 2016
That's a nice way to wrap up things meanwhile teasing what might come next for Shouxue without really committing to it in case a second season doesn't happen.

Liked the whole main cast.

The scene where the Emperor cries was the highlight of this episode.
Dec 27, 2022 9:17 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hm, not bad for a finale I would say but the show didn't convince me overall
Dec 27, 2022 6:26 PM

Jan 2008
Finally finished this series before the year ended. Very underrated series. Not quite a cliffhanger, but they left us with some unanswered questions, like what's with the bruising on the emperor's arm that is absolutely more than it seems, the Owl-brother-god still being alive even if his avatar made of owl feathers was destroyed, and of course, whether Jusetsu will ever regain her freedom from being the host body of a monstrous goddess.

The highlight of this last episode for me would be the drama with the old man breaking down and realizing how wrong he was, after he was blinded by his long-held secret grudge, and love for the previous Raven Consort. 

I loved the visuals, special effects, music, drama, and suspense of this series, even the parts with horrific ghosts scenes that freak the hell out of me--I thought those were well done too, woven into the fabric of the story. Although I think I would have preferred to not have as many unanswered questions so this season could be more stand-alone if it never gets a 2nd season, I still give this series a 9, if not a 10/10.

Those loose ends at least pave the way for a possible 2nd season, which I very much hope they greenlit.  This first season only covered the first 2 volumes of the novel, and there are 5 books left...plenty of material for at least 2 and a half more seasons, and that's not including "Akehime no Omeshibito" by the author, which also takes place in the same world.

Also, I'm still hoping they do a good Chinese dub for this series too, as that would fit more with the setting...but that may be asking for too much.
Dec 27, 2022 6:47 PM
Mar 2019
If the Emperor wasn't a pest all the way through, i may have rated this higher.
Seems Emperors will stop at nothing to add to their Harem.
Watch Bai Yao Pu instead, it is way better.
Dec 27, 2022 11:58 PM

May 2019
I'll be honest, I had no idea going in that this was a shoujo/josei demographic anime as I usually watch sienen/shounen type but the synopsis and PV intrigued me so I ended up watching this and I have mixed feelings but overall positive ones (plus at the time this was starting to air MAL did not have the demographic data updated). Throughout the series it sometimes felt a little disjointed with having "scooby-doo" type mysteries to solve that lasted 1-2 episodes and that, for the most part, did not affect the main storyline. Perhaps that was to showcase Shouxue's powers or something but regardless it felt a little disjointed.

On the positive side I enjoyed watching an anime based on ancient China with good character designs and an excellent ED. The detail on Shouxue's makeup and outfit she wears was excellent and so were the other consort's outfits and makeup. The main storyline was good with the emperor getting closer to Shouxue and finding out that the old guy was a traitor was surprising. I watched this at night like I did Call of the Night as there are quite a few dark and night scenes and this last episode was great for that, especially towards the end of this final episode with Shouxue standing on the ocean at night. Overall I give this a 7/10.
Dec 29, 2022 4:28 AM

Feb 2021
Finally, it's ended but I think the story should be continued since it's too short...

Hopefully there are 2nd season for this anime!
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 29, 2022 6:53 AM

Oct 2008
it was nice that the OP & ED was reversed!
oh man! no kiss!?!? oh well... hope for a continuation!
5/5.
7/10.

Dec 29, 2022 2:04 PM
Jun 2015
This was a good anime. Exceeded my expectations. I might come back to this review after a second watch thru.
Dec 29, 2022 5:59 PM

Nov 2012
If this covers the whole source material, then that's disappointing. i think this is a good anime overall, that being said, it does finish abruptly without a firm conclusion. hope there's a sequel.

7/10.
Dec 30, 2022 9:50 PM
Jul 2021
It made me drop a few tears, which is more than most anime could say. I am still weighing on if I should give it a 7 or 8. I also have some reservations about its mythology. Still, great anime. It's like a different breeze amidst all the isekai dumpster fire.
Jan 4, 2023 6:28 PM

Dec 2016
I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Everything was so beautiful, especially I loved the way they artistically portrayed the back stories.

I hope it gets a sequel soon.

8/10
Jan 6, 2023 3:18 AM

Jul 2015
Shouxue sure has changed a lot with her now, as the old man Yuyong said, being surrounded by many people thanks to Koushun. I don't mind a sequel for this one.

Jan 9, 2023 6:52 AM

Dec 2008
A really nice surprise title from the past anime season.

I started watching it because of  Shouxue's drop dead gorgeous make up, but the show has a lot more to offer.
The setting was unusual but really fascinating to learn about the small world of the court and it's inhabitants. 

The emperor always tried to be nice to her, but she misunderstood and turned into tsundere nice dynamics between them.. 

I really liked how  Shouxue slowly opened up to the people around her while still staying stoic, proud and elegant.
Her personality was nicely developed and complex as to say quite realistic. 
The slight grumpiness was really funny at times and I could relate to it very well.

The youthful cast was quite refreshing and the emperor was a free spirited guy.

It's a beautiful anime with nice ost and great visuals.
I feel like picking up the light novel.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2023 12:36 PM

Nov 2017
I really loved the art/animation. The story had me hooked, I really hope we get a s2 of this 
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Jan 22, 2023 11:22 PM
Feb 2022
It was a fitting finale, but it felt like the writers wanted to keep it open for a second season so they left quite a bit open. I HOPE there is a second season! I enjoyed the lore, the characters, and the mystery aspect. The characters are charming and it can be really sweet.
Apr 8, 2023 5:17 PM

May 2021
would love a second season but won’t hold my breath
loved the story and art and found myself really rooting for all the characters only a few eps in
that gorgeous ED as the OP was a fitting way to conclude the season, one of my top anime songs ever
Apr 30, 2023 6:08 PM
Feb 2021
I really enjoyed this show, it was a refresher from the bunch of isekais, shounen type of animes that have been pumping out for the past year. But PLEASE CAN SOMEONE PLEASE JUST SPOIL THE ENDING OF THE LIGHT NOVEL FOR ME. I can't wait for the light novels (3-7) to be translated D:
May 17, 2023 4:11 AM
Dec 2021
are there other animes like that ??
May 28, 2023 12:05 AM

Jun 2013
Been eyeing this series for a while because of the art and the imperial China setting.
It was a very enjoyable watch! Intriguing episodic mystery and an adorable cast too! *w*
Plus, the OP by Ziyoou-vachi/Queen Bee is smooth jazzy goodness. Mysterious~
Jul 6, 2023 3:14 PM

Feb 2018
Looks like the Owl was able to manipulate even the most unsuspecting people, but all seems to have worked itself out in the end.
Aug 29, 2023 1:08 PM
Aug 2023
Berharap s2 nya cepet rilis, nunggu juga buat mereka bisa bareng bareng, butuh juga romance yang banyak, semuanya bagus
Sep 10, 2023 3:10 PM

Jan 2022
Oh man, the last episode made me feel empty and it feels unfinished. I'm really hoping for a second season. This was truly a beautiful anime with a lot of good characters. I wasn't expecting the old man to be behind everything. I'm amazed Shouxue knew about the knife and him wanting to kill her. She's so smart. I'm still wondering what the owl meant by her becoming the raven was at 50%.
This never updates so that's cool
Sep 26, 2023 1:40 AM
May 2022
J'ai adoré ! J'espère pvr voir un jour une saison 2 (w^u^w) Un bon mélange de romance ds un cadre ancienne asie. Que demander de plus.
Oct 23, 2023 1:14 PM

Jun 2015
I knew the damn thing would end on a cliffhanger. I had no hopes for this show at all and it ended up exceeding all my expectations by far. Why isn't there a second season scheduled for the conclusion, or an OVA or anything?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 29, 2023 6:54 PM

Jun 2011
I hope we get a second season too! It got a lot more interesting towards the end, and I want to know how it ends between Jusetsu and Koushun.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 9, 8:53 PM

Jul 2021
Wow, this show was surprisingly great, really liked it.

I heard about this when it was airing and thought the setting was mildly interesting. I finally picked this up because it was being mentioned in the same breath as The Apothecary Diaries (still airing at the time of writing).

Frankly I wasn't really expecting much, but this show quickly got its claws into me. It's strange that I can't really say it does any one thing really well, but the show as a whole really works; I'd say "it's more than the sum of its parts".

Such a beautiful and interesting experience. Another season would be nice, but at the same time I'm worried the "spell" would break.
Apr 27, 1:31 AM

Jan 2021
Li Niang lived a pretty tragic life. Yuyong thought she was all alone but she had Shouxue. He was wrong! I’m glad Gaojun saved her. Her pouty face is the cutest thing ever lol. I’m glad she’s getting on better with everyone.
The finale definitely leaves a lot of mystery open. I hope we get another season because this was a very enjoyable series. Definitely an underrated gem imo.
May 6, 12:25 AM

Feb 2019
they do care for each other, and the emperor cares more for her than he does his consorts lol can't wait for season 2
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koukyuu no Karasu Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2022

49 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
May 6, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Koukyuu no Karasu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2022

42 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
May 5, 11:48 PM

Poll: » Koukyuu no Karasu Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2022

38 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
May 5, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Koukyuu no Karasu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2022

30 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
May 5, 11:05 PM

Poll: » Koukyuu no Karasu Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2022

43 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
May 5, 10:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.