Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2022 8:32 AM

Nov 2011
Yup, in the aftermath of the battle, we got a relaxing way to send this series off with all the main cast gathered. A lot of people died but hey, at least this was humanity's victory.

Seems that peace has yet to be achieved though as the threat hasn't been completely wiped away. The massive battle this season was just part of humanity's struggle for peace. Honestly felt like this episode was just a way to conclude the anime without an open ending.
Dec 21, 2022 8:52 AM
Oct 2020
They didn't adapt extra and unlimited, instead they went into the "meat of the story". They cut many things, leaving much of the characters' development out. All this for the sake of fully adapting Alternative. And yet no s3 announced. Most likely avex is waiting for the BD sales to roll in before making a decision. Worst case, they pull the plug on this franchise due to Immortal and mikhail flopping. If that's the case, then they would be skipping 2 previous games for alternative and yet doesn't touch the climax of the story at all. This would be the weirdest adaptation ever.

Either way, I really don't think we are going to see a s3. I mean, the muv-luv twitter is telling you to read the VN to know the rest of the story. It doesn't get any definitive than that.

Also they removed takeru from that one valkyrie scene. I guess it's to make it more personal between hayase, munakata, touko, and haruka but still, kinda weird?

Anyway, think of this series as over. Read the VN for the climax of the story. And if you do, start from extra please. It's a decent romcom sol.

Merry Christmas people
Dec 21, 2022 11:01 AM
Oct 2020
So ends another shitty season of muv luv alternative. And it seems like they’re just ending it there from the fact they haven’t said anything about season 3 and the way the episode end is a very shoddily put together “““conclusion”””. Lmao. I certainly hope that’s the case. I don’t want to see this continuing. They’ve butchered it enough as is.

While it’s better than season 1 from an animation and style point of view, I hated this much more than season 1. Partly because I don’t like the first 5 recap heavy episodes in the visual novel, while I like most of everything past episode 6.

This anime really was just less than minimum effort dogshit. No care was put into it at all. No love. Everyone involved was just in it for the money.
No one ever considers that if they put actual effort into this bullshit they’d actually get more money than they would have when being lazy like this.

3/10. The opening and ending themes were good.
Dec 21, 2022 11:10 AM

Jan 2009
looks like this anime adaptation will be an open ending so im not sure there will be a 3rd season
Dec 21, 2022 11:20 AM
Dec 2022
Things doesn't seem very hopeful for a third season. Especially with Takeru's seiyuu asking for people to buy the BDs in a stream two days ago.

A shame because the second half of this season has been very good and I wanted to see the last two arcs with this level of quality, but the poor first season drove away the majority of the anime-onlies.
Dec 21, 2022 11:25 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Uhh well... I was assuming they would announce a third season with this because it was clearly building up towards it but that felt more like an open ending. Maybe they don't have the sales to warrant it? Idk but you can't just leave it unfinished like this surely
Dec 21, 2022 11:50 AM

Jan 2008
SuperRobotLover said:
Things doesn't seem very hopeful for a third season. Especially with Takeru's seiyuu asking for people to buy the BDs in a stream two days ago.

A shame because the second half of this season has been very good and I wanted to see the last two arcs with this level of quality, but the poor first season drove away the majority of the anime-onlies.

It is actually successful in Japan.
Dec 21, 2022 12:18 PM

Jul 2019
Yikes! Does this mean we won't get a continuation after all? Disappointing since we were pretty close to the end.

That also means no TDA adaptation, well shit.

As i feared the budget expired.
Dec 21, 2022 12:32 PM

Jun 2015
Squeepigs are getting upset at this lack of closure and they burrowing into the walls which keep the continuum in existence. They are also getting excited at the amazing intro and ed soundtracks making them squee even more. We are registering an 7.65 event and close to continuum collapse!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Dec 21, 2022 1:04 PM

Jun 2015
Worthy of finally getting around to me sig update with that previous closing scence
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Dec 21, 2022 1:08 PM

Oct 2010
Ya know, even though the adaption is of questionable quality and pacing, i think it was overall a little better than season 1..and depending on the hardcore fans in Japan we might get season 3 eventually.
The action scenes were once again the parts i mostly looked forward to, cause they are pretty good. The emotional moments didnt hit as big as when i read the VN.
Dec 21, 2022 2:48 PM

Oct 2010
I hope they never make a s3, we fans don't deserve this trash treatment, Kouki should just stop this shit from being produced
Dec 21, 2022 2:49 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
A pretty good final episode, it mostly shows the aftermath of the G-Bomb and Captain Isumi’s death. It was definitely rough seeing her sisters find out about her death covered up as a training accident, I’m sure they could connect the dots but it’s a shame her honorable death is a lie on paper. And seeing all the characters mourning Isumi in this episode just goes to show how influential she was on all of them, even the main group of girls we’ve known all this time that only knew her for a short time were heavily impacted by her death. I wish we coulda saw them interact more to help make the death heavy for us viewers too but I get why they didn’t.

And not just Isumi, but Kashiwagi’s death was particularly hard on Akane, I liked the scene between her and Takeru there where he told her about Kashiwagi’s final moments. And we also got some info that could lead into another season, as well as the reason behind Sumika shutting down on the battlefield which is very interesting to know. And ending on the single tree on the hill was a good place to end on.

I definitely liked this season more then the first. The arcs were more interesting, the animation and art was better, just an all around improvement on what we saw Fall 2021. I was especially a fan of the Operation 21 arc, it felt like everything was building towards that and it was done well imo. One thing that hasn’t missed in both seasons tho is the OP and ED, they slapped in Season 1 and they slapped here too. I’d definitely watch a Season 3, and if we get it I hope it could improve on this season just like this one did on the first. I need to check out the games still too because the anime has gotten me interested, that and I just want to see more character interactions that we miss out on in the anime.
TheColonel76Dec 21, 2022 2:59 PM
Dec 21, 2022 3:14 PM

Jul 2019
Catalano said:
I hope they never make a s3, we fans don't deserve this trash treatment, Kouki should just stop this shit from being produced

Kouki can't stop anything, he is not involved and will never be, he should just focus on his upcoming projects.
Dec 21, 2022 3:20 PM

Oct 2010
Fax001s said:
Catalano said:

Kouki can't stop anything, he is not involved and will never be, he should just focus on his upcoming projects.

I know I know, it was my anger talking
well, muv luv integrate is a thing, waiting patiently for that
Dec 21, 2022 6:27 PM

Feb 2014
igundam said:
Ya know, even though the adaption is of questionable quality and pacing, i think it was overall a little better than season 1..and depending on the hardcore fans in Japan we might get season 3 eventually.
The action scenes were once again the parts i mostly looked forward to, cause they are pretty good. The emotional moments didnt hit as big as when i read the VN.

It was better but not better enough to be good. The difference is that this part of the plot is a little bit more interesting than 1st season's part. It still cuts a lot of things and character development, but it had tow of the most memorable moments of the VN (namely, chomp and Isumi's death).
The shitshow is over, we won't be getting season 3 probably. Maybe it's better this way, as the anime can pass a bad impression over the quality of the source material. Who knows?
Dec 21, 2022 9:09 PM
Jan 2020
i honestly didn't pay any attention for the whole second half of this season lol
Dec 21, 2022 9:20 PM
Jun 2012
I enjoyed it but I don't expect any more to be made. Strange product overall if trying to build hype for the upcoming sequels. Hard to get people without knowing the source and overall disappointment for those that do.
Dec 21, 2022 9:38 PM

Feb 2019
So sumika damn near ruined the mission because she was jealous of Takeru’s thoughts?? Lmaoooo. Man I enjoyed this season a lot though. Definitely an emotional roller coaster and improvement on season 1. May not be perfect, but I liked it which is all that matters.
Dec 21, 2022 10:02 PM

Feb 2019
NotTrying2BLazy said:
Marinate1016 said:
So sumika damn near ruined the mission because she was jealous of Takeru’s thoughts?? Lmaoooo. Man I enjoyed this season a lot though. Definitely an emotional roller coaster and improvement on season 1. May not be perfect, but I liked it which is all that matters.
I think it's understandable since this girl lost everything even herself, so of course she is gonna get jealous since she doesnt want to lose her last remaining hope. Without Takeru she would probably be hopeless. Give her a break.

All I did was laugh?? Lol
Dec 22, 2022 1:36 AM
Feb 2015
Hmm, the way Season 2 ended and Anchor mention about their intention of doing a Muv-Luv reboot.
I feel that if they do go for a Season 3 it may not be per VN entirely anymore.
Dec 22, 2022 7:21 AM

May 2013
Overall, I can say it's alot better than Season 1. They still threw the other characters interactions of the main girls out of the window just like Season 1 but the plot and animation held up well. Hopefully, we will have a season 3 to wrap it up.
Dec 22, 2022 2:44 PM

Jan 2008
Same spot for the final episode of each season.

Dec 23, 2022 3:30 AM

Sep 2010
Meh... Another subpar season...

6/10
Dec 24, 2022 12:19 AM

Mar 2015
Wow this was awful last ep. Waste of time. Hard to believe the visual novel is so popular. The anime must cut out 90% of the plot?
Dec 24, 2022 3:59 PM
Jul 2008
planetwarrior said:

I forgot/don't pay attention why she got imprisoned lol, is it because she's the last survivor again?
Dec 24, 2022 4:02 PM

Jan 2008
LeonLanford said:
planetwarrior said:

I forgot/don't pay attention why she got imprisoned lol, is it because she's the last survivor again?

nah, she's part of the coup d'tat operation, killing Japan's Prime Minister, and taking on UN forces during last few episodes of the 1st season.
Dec 24, 2022 4:07 PM
Jul 2008
planetwarrior said:
LeonLanford said:

nah, she's part of the coup d'tat operation, killing Japan's Prime Minister, and taking on UN forces during last few episodes of the 1st season.
Thank you, I remember now. So they bring her out of prison just to fight beta and she's willingly go back to prison after doing social works.. 🤣
Dec 24, 2022 4:12 PM

Jan 2008
LeonLanford said:
planetwarrior said:

Thank you, I remember now. So they bring her out of prison just to fight beta and she's willingly go back to prison after doing social works.. 🤣

Yeah, what's weird that we seen her in coma during the last episode of first season, Mikoto is the one in prison for last episode of first season then finally we see Sayoko in prison in last episode of second season.
Dec 25, 2022 4:27 AM
Oct 2020
LeonLanford said:
planetwarrior said:

I mean, penal battallion isn't that rare. Hell, some are being used in ukraine rn.
Dec 30, 2022 11:20 PM

May 2013
LeonLanford said:
planetwarrior said:

When Humanity is being curbstomped by an Alien Race that has occupied a large portion of the planet and is hellbent on consuming us. Every able member even criminals are useful even if it feels like a double edged sword.
Jul 11, 2023 11:50 AM

Jul 2015
While this season was decent at best, still an improvement over s1 with the story becoming more interesting (Takeru losing it after some heavy losses) as well as them finally fighting the damn BETAs instead of dealing with all those political shenanigans. I especially found Isumi's self sacrifice done beautifully.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dailybread - Oct 12, 2022

85 by CafeAlpha »»
May 5, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion

dailybread - Oct 5, 2022

39 by Otakuwhip »»
Jan 27, 7:15 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2022

40 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 11, 2023 6:11 AM

» Worth watching?

TacoQZ - Oct 21, 2022

26 by otakuops7 »»
Jun 2, 2023 7:46 AM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2022

18 by Playcool »»
Jan 29, 2023 3:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.