Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2022 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Seems this episode is a case of what's dead should've stayed dead...

Either way, dealing with a dead man walking seems like a common norm in this show at this point. However, seeing a family member especially a brother again can be tough. Koushun also had his hands full in a fight this episode.
Dec 17, 2022 9:35 AM

Feb 2019
Wow that was a heavy episode. Where to start.

Magpie consort getting killed by the clay doll was wild. Was not expecting him to just bite her jugular like that. Also wasn’t expecting the level of sakuga we got today across both fights.

We learnt some very important lore about the raven consort’s origins and what Shoxue’s predecessor did to contain it. That’s pretty messed up that she wasn’t taught about any of this and was basically left to figure things out on her own as a young girl.

Who would’ve thought the ultimate weapon was the cute gold chicken all along lol.

Felt pretty bad seeing Shoxue beat up herself about not understanding the magpie consort’s grief. Just another reminder of how young and inexperienced she really is despite how mature she acts.

Last episode next week :(.
Marinate1016Dec 17, 2022 9:41 AM
Dec 17, 2022 9:42 AM

Mar 2020
The heaviest episode so far, with the clay doll of the Magpie consort's brother, and a denial of his death made it a tough battle. Then, we got some much needed exposition on the past of the Raven consorts, and the owl's role in all this.

I do wonder what the end goal is for this series, as up and down as it's been. A genuinely solid episode this week though.
Dec 17, 2022 9:45 AM

Jul 2011
Magpie getting killed was a good thing to happen. If anyone had killed the clay doll first, she would have resentment, and do some other crazy move later.

Niao Lian not having some automatic defense system to her vessel is kinda bad. But because of that we have some action, so is good too.

Shouxue need a her Pokemon to fight gods.
Dec 17, 2022 9:49 AM

Dec 2015
This episode was action packed. Shouxue has put together a great group of ghostbusters.
The Magpie Consort's brother did become a something like a Jiangshi. Speaking of siblings, Xuo Yue is like a twin sibling to Niao Lian? Interesting. Darn I kinda wanted something like a Pokemon battle to play out between Xing-Xing (flying-fairy type?) and Simalu (flying-dark type?) but oh well.
Dec 17, 2022 9:50 AM

Jul 2017
The strong xiangfu incense and Feng Xiaoyue, the man who is fated to kill the Raven Consort, everything started with the Magpie Consort.

Her request to bring back her brother from the dead, and since that request couldn't be fulfilled, she sought with Xiaoyue to resurrect him back to life, which has grave consequences. And given Wen Ying's abduction as quota to feed her brother human blood as means of survival, word will eventually reach Gaojun and the rest. But Qin Huiyao, as much as the desire is there, she got disillusioned by Xiaoyue's clay creation, leading to her eventual death that the responsibility lays wholly on both Gaojun and Shouxue.

Xiaoyue in his Owl form, he's actually the Raven's brother, but split into two as executioner at the Palace of Seclusion to rid of the Raven within Shouxue with the clay doll imitation. But it turns out that even the Raven Consort has its own issues, derived from the first (Xiang Qiang) and churned through different generations and the flowers being poison to Niao Lian, putting the Raven into misery.

This is some deep context and fascination about the life of the Raven Consort: a life of secrets.
Dec 17, 2022 9:50 AM

Dec 2015
BlichoBoy said:

Shouxue need a her Pokemon to fight gods.

Yes 😂. Just have to wait for them to evolve.
Dec 17, 2022 10:13 AM

Dec 2018
HOLY CRAP that was intense. I am not even sure what to say but I really wonder how they're going to do the next episode. Can they get the Raven out of her? Should they? Unexpectedly good show, it's had me in tears at some points, but there was just so much revealed this time it's like WHOA.
Dec 17, 2022 10:37 AM

Jul 2020
This show is so good, I had guessed parts of it (like Xingxing being a crucial part of her power), but I was not expecting the first Raven Consort trapping Niao Lian inside of her, nor her sin of resurrecting the dead. It really makes the Owl feel morally ambiguous, and I hope they can save Shouxue from her fate. I'm suspecting that the reason the previous raven consorts told her to have no links to others, especially the Summer King, was to avoid freeing her and the Raven itself. I neeeed a season 2.
forums signatures? party like it's 2005.
Dec 17, 2022 11:44 AM

Apr 2021
A possible joke lost in translation. The word niaobu/toribe 鳥部 as uttered by Xiaoyue meant something lofty like "the Clan(s?) of Birds", but tori also means just chicken/poultry, thus Shouxue's epiphany.

Also we got something nearing an explanation for Shouxue's shock at seeing a world map, which we now know showed the Palace of Seclusion. She must've sensed something even though she didn't know what she was looking at.
off-seasonDec 17, 2022 11:51 AM
Dec 17, 2022 12:17 PM
Jun 2022
This ep was real good. I re-watched the moments when Koushun tried to protect Jusetsu over and over again. And that cute chicken's importance now understood well. I hope they'll make a 2nd season because these novel series, this anime, this plot,the quality, these characters and us people deserve it.
Dec 17, 2022 1:09 PM
Jul 2011
It was nice to understand more about the Raven Consort, but I would like to see a bit more of action in the battle against Shougetsu.
Dec 17, 2022 1:39 PM

Feb 2007
Now that was quite the twist...
Dec 17, 2022 2:10 PM
Sep 2018
All thanks to a fat golden chicken, everyone is saved from MJ creepo. However it’s sad enough that the brother and sister didn’t make it like I felt for the girl who really wanted her brother risen from the death but went into a dark direction 😞 😢
Dec 17, 2022 2:20 PM

Mar 2008
The flower offerings are poison.
So this is the real reason why flowers don't grow on the grounds of her palace? But then why are peonies an exception? And from where those particular flowers come anyway?

I find interesting that this anime, despite it's setting, is one of those stories without villains and "bad" people. Even this Crow antagonist is reasonable and has valid points.
And talking about that. shouldn't everyone share his goal? Kill and free the Goddess Niao Lian?
If it's not possible to do this without killing Shouxue, can't they just agree to let him kill her at a later date? Let her live a few decades and before her sucessor is chosen kill her to end the curse. Wouldn't everyone win?

Oh yes, forgot to mention, but Gaojun is politically f&ck@d with the death of his Magpie consort.
Dec 17, 2022 2:59 PM

May 2022
Love this show. Please give us a happy ending!
Dec 17, 2022 3:49 PM

Mar 2008
Have a question.
I have my suspicions that this anime will adapt only 2 volumes out of the 7.
I'm right?
Dec 17, 2022 5:18 PM

Mar 2016
I knew that chicken would be useful someday before getting roasted.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Dec 17, 2022 9:02 PM

Jan 2008
So the Magpie Consort's "brother" was resurrected as a dirt golem/blood-thirsty monster. Here I was under the impression that the "owl" killed the court lady in the woods, though I suppose he did in a sense, as the mastermind who created the monster. RIP to the pitiful Magpie Consort, but more so for the innocent court lady that was just a bystander and was killed because of the Magpie Consort's desire to bring her brother back.

I don't know why the "owl" brother guy went to all that trouble just to lure out the Raven consort though. Could have just knocked on her front door, no? He was able to slip into the inner palace pretending to be a "eunuch" for the Magpie consort, so I don't see why he couldn't just do it again in the Ye Ming Palace, unless he was some kind of sick freak that enjoyed seeing people suffer. Then again, he did reveal himself to not be human, and that he was thousands of years old, so common sense probably doesn't matter too much to him.

I'm glad they brought swords when they fought the "owl" / "brother" guy. Although the chicken('s feathers) comes in at the end to save the day. Seeing her fire off those multiple magic arrows made me wish I could see more fight scenes with Jusetsu, but I'm glad the other men got to finally show off their fighting skills once in a while too in a team up battle. They destroyed his vessel made of owl feathers, but it seems like he'll be back one day. Wonder what he whispered at the end.

One more episode of this season/arc to go. It's almost over, and I already want it to be renewed for another season.

Estoy_GordoDec 17, 2022 9:15 PM
Dec 17, 2022 9:47 PM

May 2020
I hate the owl's cheekiness. So this owl said he could bring back the Magpie Consort's brother from the dead, and she believed it. He just made a reanimated corpse. As expected, "Magpie Consort's brother" is a zombie made of clay.

Jusetsu is the only consort that would ever apologise to a eunuch or her attendants for that matter. Tan Kai is funny. I did feel a little off about Jusetsu there, just like Koushun. Jusetsu ran off to face the owl, I wonder what it was that she wanted from him — answers or death. Executioner of Palace of Seclusion? WTH? Raven's brother? Didn't expect that coming.

I did expect Koushun to fight the owl, but I didn't expect him to be weak in a sword fight. Is he really weak or just not strong enough to fight against the owl? I wonder what the owl said at the last though. Next episode is gonna be tense too.
Dec 17, 2022 10:23 PM
Sep 2021
A lot of raven's secret is being told this episode.
I give it 6/10.
Dec 17, 2022 10:23 PM

Jul 2021
man just one more episode left :')

the owl matter is being dealt with and seems like he's not the evil antagonist i thought he was. he's the sibling of raven and he just wants to save her. who would have thought that raven was being trapped in these raven consorts' bodies.

rip magpie consort though.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 18, 2022 12:32 AM

May 2019
Got to see some action on this episode so that was nice. There were several twists and turns such as the fact that the owl guy is the Raven's brother, Magpie consort had the owl guy resurrect a monster she thought was her brother and ended up killing her and the woman from a previous episode, the yellow bird-like pet's feathers saving the day, etc.

Not sure how this will conclude but I think if the raven can somehow be pulled out of Shouxue without dying she would lose all her powers but that could create some type of inbalance, we'll see.
Dec 18, 2022 6:40 AM
Dec 2017
Tsuyo_Mika said:
...I wonder what the owl said at the last though...

He said just one word: Edward!
Dec 18, 2022 6:48 AM
Dec 2017
off-season said:
Also we got something nearing an explanation for Shouxue's shock at seeing a world map, which we now know showed the Palace of Seclusion. She must've sensed something even though she didn't know what she was looking at.

I wonder if that Palace of Seclusion / Far Away Island / Land of Gods / etc. regularly mentioned throughout the series is Zipangu (Japan)? On the other hand the clay gloem is a rabbinic trick but I don't think any one in Europe knew Japan existed until Marco Polo's travels in the late 1200s.
Dec 18, 2022 8:14 AM

May 2020
Tacsk0 said:
Tsuyo_Mika said:
...I wonder what the owl said at the last though...

He said just one word: Edward!
🤣🤣🤣 That was hilarious!
Dec 18, 2022 10:02 AM
Mar 2015
The owl has come to execute the raven The secret behind the raven and raven consort is revealed
Dec 18, 2022 1:29 PM
Feb 2021
Too much revelations ! I'm shocked really. I also really appreciated the fact that the emperor trew himself to protect her
Dec 18, 2022 4:05 PM
Jan 2022
Another great ep!
Glad she’s now figuring out more about herself & abilities. Can’t believe this show doesn’t get enough hype that it should be getting. :(
Also, I wonder if we will know what the owl said before dying in the next ep.
Dec 18, 2022 4:12 PM

Nov 2012
Wow! There was alot of info in this one. Can she not free the raven?

Was I the only one that tried to reads the lips of an animated character (speaking a language you don't)?
Dec 18, 2022 4:26 PM

Aug 2016
wow this episode was siiiiick
Dec 18, 2022 5:38 PM

Nov 2008
This show is always best when she goes into Combat Princess mode!
Dec 19, 2022 1:17 PM

Mar 2008
PaninaManina said:
Have a question.
I have my suspicions that this anime will adapt only 2 volumes out of the 7.
I'm right?

Found the answer.
The anime will cover just up to volume 2.
Someone is translating but early next month it'll begin to be officially publish in english, so I think I'll read it.
Dec 19, 2022 4:05 PM

Feb 2009
Já quero uma segunda temporada!!!! Please!!!!!

I already want a second season!!!!
Dec 19, 2022 5:39 PM

Feb 2021
Love it, this anime is so good
Dec 19, 2022 8:19 PM

Apr 2016
They found Wen Ying before things could get worse, good.

Siblings and death was the theme this time, now Shoxue understand more about her role.
Dec 20, 2022 8:30 AM

Oct 2017
Good reveals this episode, many things makes more sense now. Jusetsu managed to repel the threat to her life for now but wonder whats gonna happen in future.
Dec 20, 2022 3:01 PM
Dec 2016
Tsuyo_Mika said:
I hate the owl's cheekiness. So this owl said he could bring back the Magpie Consort's brother from the dead, and she believed it. He just made a reanimated corpse. As expected, "Magpie Consort's brother" is a zombie made of clay.

Jusetsu is the only consort that would ever apologise to a eunuch or her attendants for that matter. Tan Kai is funny. I did feel a little off about Jusetsu there, just like Koushun. Jusetsu ran off to face the owl, I wonder what it was that she wanted from him — answers or death. Executioner of Palace of Seclusion? WTH? Raven's brother? Didn't expect that coming.

I did expect Koushun to fight the owl, but I didn't expect him to be weak in a sword fight. Is he really weak or just not strong enough to fight against the owl? I wonder what the owl said at the last though. Next episode is gonna be tense too.

Instead of "Koushun weak at swordfight" more likely because the owl can't be killed by other except using Shoxue bird. Several seconds of awe because a direct, deep stab to abdomen can't make final kill is enough to mak the owl gain his momentum. Didn't expect raven brother to come but the end of this episode surely made final episode a joy to wait ! Instead of reanimated corpse, i think the owl make golem with magpie consort brother face.
niam1708Dec 20, 2022 3:06 PM
Dec 21, 2022 5:30 PM

Mar 2015
I wonder if the
was hit that last time he pushed the Raven Consort out of the way of the sword?
The sword that takes life gives life
Dec 21, 2022 8:49 PM
Mar 2019
Be careful what you wish for!!
Dec 23, 2022 12:06 AM

Feb 2014
Bruh Raven Consort had her Bruh after her. And she's just 16? WEW.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 25, 2022 1:09 AM

Aug 2014
whoa, the golden chicken hold great power if used correctly 
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Dec 29, 2022 4:20 AM

Feb 2021
So that's a golem, not a ghost... But a golem that drinks blood? Hmm...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 6, 2023 3:00 AM

Jul 2015
It's kinda weird how they just kept talking while the delusional brocon consort fed herself to the clay doll creature before it killed her.

Mar 14, 2023 4:59 PM

May 2010
That eunuch just walked past the emperor without bowing, very historically accurate. 
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 6, 2023 2:13 PM

Feb 2018
Surprised they let the magpie consort stay so close to the attacker, was clearly not going to end well.
Convenient of Owl to be able to explain everything before his doll form was defeated.
Sep 10, 2023 2:18 PM

Jan 2022
Reply to Beqkixbecca
Another great ep!
Glad she’s now figuring out more about herself & abilities. Can’t believe this show doesn’t get enough hype that it should be getting. :(
Also, I wonder if we will know what the owl said before dying in the next ep.
@Beqkixbecca Hi, I finally found you >:)
This never updates so that's cool
Sep 10, 2023 2:20 PM

Jan 2022
I wasn't expecting the brother to turn into a clay zombie. It's worrisome and sad the magpie consort passed away because now the balance will be unequal. At least Shouxe wasn't harmed by the owl. I'm glad the chicken is more useful than it looks. I wonder how it knew, it needed to go to the raven.
This never updates so that's cool
Apr 27, 12:56 AM

Jan 2021
A pretty intense episode -- in both its halves. Glad that our trusty retainer was still safe (just a bit damaged).
I guess Xiao Yue pulled that stunt to catch the attention of the Raven Consort. I wonder if his understanding of his sister's action -- and the first Raven Consort -- is actually correct. Or is it just his (chosen) misapprehension. It doesn't seem his mission was "authorized" -- but it (for some reason) it was at least condoned. Clearly this temporary victory won't be the last word on this matter (in the LN series).
May 6, 12:05 AM

Feb 2019
was he defeated? his vessel was merely destroyed, but i don't think he was actually gone.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koukyuu no Karasu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2022

81 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
May 6, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Koukyuu no Karasu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2022

42 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
May 5, 11:48 PM

Poll: » Koukyuu no Karasu Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2022

38 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
May 5, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Koukyuu no Karasu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2022

30 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
May 5, 11:05 PM

Poll: » Koukyuu no Karasu Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2022

43 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
May 5, 10:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.