Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2022 10:04 AM

Feb 2020
Finally, the long wait has come to an end. It's good to have this show back.

I'm glad the girls survived. :3

Beautiful scenery.

Lol at that "ghost" scene.

This was a very comfy episode.

SerafosDec 15, 2022 12:35 PM
Dec 15, 2022 10:04 AM

Apr 2014
The fleet girls are back after some delay.
Thankfully, all of them are still alive. 😭

何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 15, 2022 10:06 AM

Jul 2011
Shigure with more PTSD to her curriculum.

Well at least the squad survived, even with more than half getting crippled out of service. So them coming back as Abyssal wont happen.

The Admiral is kinda handsome.

Getting almost killed or serious crippled get you a day of vacation.

Hibiki!!!!
Dec 15, 2022 10:11 AM

Mar 2021
Finally its back
Am glad that they all survived and am especially happy to see Hibiki again
Dec 15, 2022 10:45 AM

Apr 2011
Good thing I finish third episode a few hours before episode 4 is released. Glad everyone was okay. Unfortunately, the sisters Yamashiro and Fusou are unable to fight and retired and the rest of the 4 destroyers.
This is the first time I see how a fleet girl retires when she can't fight anymore. Its sad but at least everyone survived. And now Shigure got a well deserved day off with another girl along
with being assign to a new fleet.

And the first time in years, kancolle's admiral is finally shown.
MagitoDec 15, 2022 10:52 AM
Dec 15, 2022 10:58 AM

Oct 2020
HIBIKIIIII!!!!!
Dec 15, 2022 11:39 AM

Nov 2009
Ep.4

Shigure: Then, we all survived? Yay!
Mogami: Yes, but.....

Everyone in the fleet beside Shigure and Mogami actually left the base. And they actually showed Admiral face!

I am surprised that Mogami didn't left with them too considering the real history...maybe it because she didn't get sunk but got badly damaged and scuttled later. Well, there was that long pause between her and Shigure maybe it was a hint for that. I like the scene where Michishio's 'illusion' walked to Shigure and hug her.

The second half where Shigure went out into the city was the most non-kancolle thing so far in anime adaptation. We have seen some hint from OP/ED and previous episodes but look like Shigure and Yukikaze will really become friend.

One really noticeable thing in this episode is the usage of nonverbal communication. Characters has used so many nodding, eyes contact, long pause, gesture and smile in this episode alone.
Dec 15, 2022 11:46 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
While she survived that battle looks like Shigure took quite a lot of mental damage from it. Still its nice that the op was a success despite the enemy ambush. Its nice to finally be able to see the admiral in the flesh. Nice to finally meet Ooyado and Hatsushimo. Its interesting to note that it seems that each naval district and the fleet that they command are independent of each other. The half watch shore though provided an interesting opportunity to see what kind of world the girls live in. Not to mention time for R&R as well. Loved the bonding moment between Shigure and Yukikaze. Desron 2 looks to be a much larger unit compared to Shigure's previous post. Nice to finally meet Yahagi as well. Overall a pretty chill ep that did well to address the aftermath of the battle as well as light the way to their next. While its sad that the Fusou sisters had to be released from the fleet it's a miracle that they survived. From the look of things Desron 2's main role will be roving patrol in order to protect their supply lines. Looks like they managed to fix the animation though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2022 11:58 AM
Nov 2020
YUKIKAZE NANODA!
Dec 15, 2022 12:00 PM

Nov 2022
So the orange was a foreshadowing for Narita Ken (VA of Jeremiah Gottwald a.k.a. Orange-kun) voicing the admiral.
Dec 15, 2022 2:18 PM
Oct 2020
I confused. It was shown that Fusou has a wedding ring and that means she's Admiral's wife, but why she didn't just stayed with him on a base just as him wife, and instead left to someplace with Yamashiro?
Dec 15, 2022 5:17 PM

Sep 2008
stahlmam14 said:
I confused. It was shown that Fusou has a wedding ring and that means she's Admiral's wife, but why she didn't just stayed with him on a base just as him wife, and instead left to someplace with Yamashiro?

yamashiro is KSR. she will not leave fusou's side and would probably harm the admiral out of jealousy.
it's better to let go sometimes. (the ring is a game mechanic, it allows your boats to go beyond the level cap.)

ducks and gumos, hell yeah! I have so many questions though. the lore is crazy loose still.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Dec 15, 2022 6:28 PM

Nov 2022
stahlmam14 said:

If we take her marriage proof at face value and not a reflection of game mechanic, she becomes a civilian after being discharged and has no business being there anymore. They probably have home somewhere else where she'd be much safer at because the naval base is always at risk of air raid.
Dec 16, 2022 4:03 AM

Feb 2014
The tolls of the battle really showed, huh?

While it's good that no one died in that fight, Yamashiro and Fuso were injured to the point that they couldn't be fleet girls anymore, along with the other members of the squadron except for Mogami. It was sad to see the pair go and you can see the pained look on the Admiral's face after saying his parting words, especially as it looks like Fusou is his wife (correct me if I'm wrong here).

The rest of the episode was rather relaxing, though. The Admiral was kind enough to give Shigure a day off, so she went to a hit springs hotel where she met Yukikaze and the two of them got along really well. =)

After that little trip, it was back to the base, where Shigure joins up with her new squadron teammates, Yukikaze included, as part of the Torpedo Squadron 2.

Overall, this was a good episode and one where I'm happy to see the series again after its break a few weeks ago.
Dec 16, 2022 10:39 AM

May 2015
Wow this episode was... slow
Dec 19, 2022 6:56 AM

Sep 2009
I think the most surprising thing about this episode is..................they gave the Admiral a face and voice?!!!!!
Dec 21, 2022 12:58 PM
May 2018
A "physical" admiral, that's new, I kinda like him. nice episode with the relief that the fleet survived, but most are out of action and must discard the squadron and Shigure's sanity seems deteriorating and finally Yukikaze meakes a proper presentation, awesome. Overall soothing episode.
Dec 22, 2022 11:38 PM
Apr 2021
This is Rare. I never seen a whole admiral in this Anime 
Dec 24, 2022 4:38 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I'm happy to see a little break from the battle with that short trip, more laid back elements are cool to see
Dec 26, 2022 8:22 PM

Feb 2021
All the girls survived:) Shigure is assigned to Torpedo Squad 2 (I think???) after taking a well deserved break. The short trip was a nice break section from all the fighting and stress.
Jan 3, 2023 3:47 AM
Apr 2013
Ok so.

Looks like this time we got a quiet episode, basically wrapping up the first half.

Strange pacing though, uh. So basically I was expecting there to be more action, but so far half the eps (1, 4) have been non combat eps, and ep 2 was kinda slow as well.

Apparently we're only following the battles that shigure is part of. Not sure about mogami, but looks like everyone else, even though they were "saved" from sinking they were all damaged beyond repair. The destroyer girls didnt even get to show up at all.

Now we're in the second half of the ep and to be honest I was not expecting the admiral to show up, and be voiced too. That aside, we finally get to hear yukikaze, she's a lot squeakier than I expected.

The pacing of this ep was really weird, since not much really happened and it seems they were just doing some kind of transition ep as we go with the new girls and get ready for the next ep. It seems next ep is gonna be another preparation ep before the final battle(s)(?)

Though unfortunately the loss of so many girls, the problem is even though its not a disaster yet I dont see any way they can get a good ending unless they go full deus ex machina on us, or we're just going to get a cliffhanger/bolivian army ending. Or they could just leave us hanging I guess.
Oct 15, 2023 8:55 AM

Nov 2010
I guess the worst thing that could happen to the shipgirls is getting retired.
I like Shigure than Fubuki. She looks prettier. I like her art in the game, too.
It's been a while since I last played Kancolle, and I see plenty of unfamiliar shipgirls.
Mar 27, 12:47 AM

Jun 2010
My main takeaway from this episode was that Shigure said goodbye to two Fujita Sakis then ran into and was introduced to a third

More topics from this board

Poll: » KanColle: Itsuka Ano Umi de Episode 8 Discussion

Animemes_Enjoyer - Mar 25, 2023

44 by BlitzAceSamy »»
Mar 27, 5:13 AM

Poll: » KanColle: Itsuka Ano Umi de Episode 7 Discussion

Serafos - Feb 12, 2023

23 by BlitzAceSamy »»
Mar 27, 4:31 AM

Poll: » KanColle: Itsuka Ano Umi de Episode 6 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Jan 19, 2023

23 by BlitzAceSamy »»
Mar 27, 1:25 AM

Poll: » KanColle: Itsuka Ano Umi de Episode 5 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Dec 22, 2022

20 by KinjiKido »»
Jan 5, 8:45 PM

Poll: » KanColle: Itsuka Ano Umi de Episode 3 Discussion

BlichoBoy - Nov 17, 2022

30 by KinjiKido »»
Jan 5, 8:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.