Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 13, 2022 12:57 AM
Sep 2020
Okay so ive literally never seen this in any anime but this show has literally ALL the brands that exist. Like usually they change the logo or something but there its just straight up brand after brand. How come? Like they surely had to pay for the rights for every brand right? Its actually insane, even little stuff like windows on the rappers PC. Actually reallly cool for a change
Dec 13, 2022 1:24 AM
Feb 2022
I think it's more like promotions.
Dec 13, 2022 2:34 AM

Apr 2022
its just product placement and japanese anime usually have about 1 product placement at most but it's so common in korean works that people complain about it being so excessive that it serves as a distraction to the viewers these days.
weathering with you is just a movie but i think i recall many more real brands scattered across the movie than lookism.
pizza hut in code geass has to be the most iconic one tho.
Dec 13, 2022 5:34 AM
Jun 2022
yahh product placement has nothing to do with buying rights and paying the brand's money and it s just asking permission from them to use there registered Trade Mark to be used in there anime or movie and it is basically free advertisement for the company so usually they never deny the product placement in them.
Dec 13, 2022 5:41 AM
Sep 2020
Cypher18 said:
yahh product placement has nothing to do with buying rights and paying the brand's money and it s just asking permission from them to use there registered Trade Mark to be used in there anime or movie and it is basically free advertisement for the company so usually they never deny the product placement in them.

Well in western media yes but ive barely seen any PP in japanese anime. Mostly its stuff like WcDonalds and so on im sure everybody has seen them. So i was a little surprised seeing so many brands but i forgot this is made in korea and not japan so maybe they have it a little easier with PP.
Dec 13, 2022 11:09 AM
Jun 2022
Kumo- said:
Cypher18 said:

Well in western media yes but ive barely seen any PP in japanese anime. Mostly its stuff like WcDonalds and so on im sure everybody has seen them. So i was a little surprised seeing so many brands but i forgot this is made in korea and not japan so maybe they have it a little easier with PP.

yahh now u got it right
Dec 13, 2022 2:11 PM

May 2009
I remember watching some video on youtube where was mentioned that copyright in Japan allows to use longer/more material than rest of the world for fair use
Dec 15, 2022 7:57 PM

Sep 2019
Kumo- said:
Okay so ive literally never seen this in any anime but this show has literally ALL the brands that exist. Like usually they change the logo or something but there its just straight up brand after brand. How come? Like they surely had to pay for the rights for every brand right? Its actually insane, even little stuff like windows on the rappers PC. Actually reallly cool for a change

Actually the manwha also does lol, Jin Sung is always rocking some good drip every time he shows up without his uniform, always rocking some Jordans or regular Nike shoes

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gaiken Shijou Shugi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

teddgod - Dec 8, 2022

94 by ST63LTH »»
Apr 30, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Gaiken Shijou Shugi Episode 7 Discussion

teddgod - Dec 8, 2022

8 by ST63LTH »»
Apr 30, 1:19 AM

Poll: » Gaiken Shijou Shugi Episode 6 Discussion

teddgod - Dec 8, 2022

11 by ST63LTH »»
Apr 30, 12:50 AM

Poll: » Gaiken Shijou Shugi Episode 5 Discussion

teddgod - Dec 8, 2022

14 by ST63LTH »»
Apr 30, 12:37 AM

Poll: » Gaiken Shijou Shugi Episode 4 Discussion

teddgod - Dec 8, 2022

13 by ST63LTH »»
Apr 30, 12:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.