Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2022 6:10 PM

Nov 2018
Such a good episode. The fight was really well-animated, both CG and animated (the sword fight).

Probably one of the best episode this season.

Only one more episode left.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Dec 8, 2022 6:38 PM

May 2016
that was a god damn amazing episode.
Dec 8, 2022 7:11 PM
Jun 2017
That ending scene was beautifully done, goosebumps all over.
Dec 8, 2022 7:58 PM
May 2020
Dang no word about the next season yet hope they don't take to long to run it.
Dec 8, 2022 8:36 PM
Mar 2015
Like Reinhardt said it is the beginning of the end
Dec 8, 2022 8:46 PM
Oct 2016
Just as the man says this is the beginning of the end. Reinhard making this move to invade through Fezzan is genius. The Alliance obviously don't see it coming despite both Bewcock and Yang saying it's gonna happen. Reinhard has taken advantage of the high brass in the Alliance false sense of security. Their positions of stature have bloated their egos to a point of being unable to listen to reason. Reinhard seizing this opportunity is what will change the course of history. Sending troops to the Fezzan corridor instead of the reinforcements they're said to be will change everything. Schönkopf did good against Reunthal in their sword fight. That was as evenly matched at it can get. The invading force doing good to distract Reunthal flagship long enough to cause the retreat. Yang has kept them at bay for this long but soon more will arrive and enact Reinhard plan to seize the galaxy.
Dec 8, 2022 10:28 PM

Jan 2011
easily the best episode from this season, Reinhard has made the Iserlohn corridor irrelevant as he prepares to attack from the Dominion of Phezan but Rubinsky is still there, well se if he is fine with Reinhard or not

awesome action, Reuenthal (who i didnt like at first) is starting to grow on me an Yang is pretty much trapped in his own fortress

Yangs cat got robbed of screentime again why?
silversaintDec 8, 2022 10:33 PM
Dec 9, 2022 6:51 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Excellent episode. So well done and the ost was perfectly matched for it.

I laughed remembering Reuental's little flip and somersault from the ole OVA. This was done much better here.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 9, 2022 7:06 AM
Jan 2014
Everyone else already said it but great episode, best this season so far.
Dec 9, 2022 9:02 AM

Jan 2009
the sword fight was cool sakuga

how can Yang win this they are outnumbered big time, the enemy tactic is "strength in numbers"
Dec 9, 2022 3:11 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
An excellent sword fight between Schönkopf and Reuenthal ended in a draw and now both forces are in a stalemate in the Iserlohn corridor. Meanwhile the bulk of the GE forces are making their way to invade and occupy the Dominion of Fezzan.

Too bad there is only one episode left.
Dec 10, 2022 11:49 AM

Apr 2021
The fight between Reuenthal and Schonkopf was actually better than I was expecting. I thought for sure they would royally fuck that up, with their desire to make this a Mecha anime through the retarded CGI Mecha suits they created. It still somewhat deviated from what takes place in the books (it wasn't just a straight up sword fight), so the OVA continues to outshine this. But it was still well done in it's own way, which hasn't been the case for other changes/"interpretations".
Dec 11, 2022 2:41 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
the lure has been cast, now the worst will come!!! kekeke
Dec 11, 2022 4:33 PM

Jul 2012
I think the fight between Walter and Reuenthal was better done in the OVA, tbh (plus, no helmet throw made me sad lol)

Also, the scene with Reinhard "bluffing" at the end made no sense, at least in the OVA there was a scene of Rubinsky watching the gathering but, at least that I noticed, there were no signs of the gathering being broadcasted in this episode, so what was the point in lying?

Just details however, I'm freaking loving this show and I'm sad there's just one episode left! :(
Dec 11, 2022 9:00 PM

Aug 2009
When my blond brat said, "ore wa no hajime da, Fräulein", I felt that.
Dec 11, 2022 9:40 PM

Jan 2011
HikariShoumeiron said:
I think the fight between Walter and Reuenthal was better done in the OVA, tbh (plus, no helmet throw made me sad lol)

Also, the scene with Reinhard "bluffing" at the end made no sense, at least in the OVA there was a scene of Rubinsky watching the gathering but, at least that I noticed, there were no signs of the gathering being broadcasted in this episode, so what was the point in lying?

Just details however, I'm freaking loving this show and I'm sad there's just one episode left! :(

to be fair that scene might show up on nexr weeks season finale, since we didnt saw Rubinsky on this ep
Dec 15, 2022 3:47 AM
Aug 2018
Very nice setup and cliffhanger, cant wait for the grand finale
Dec 16, 2022 10:11 AM

May 2010
Fight of Reuenthal and Schönkopf, one of my most beloved moments in the whole series, was totally ruined. They made it into a regular sword duel (sic!) on the bridge. In original it was much more dramatic with Reuenthal having no real weapon nor armor to counter full-armored Schönkopf in a small space, and not losing despite being on a disadvantage. It showed us how talented fighter Reuenthal was. Here we had two knights fighting with a long sword and making a show. Unfortunately, this scene is a perfect example of what this new LoGH is: a superficial show that has little to do with the excellent novel and equally excellent original anime.
Jan 31, 2023 2:14 AM

Aug 2014
As many have already said here, this was truly an amazing episode from start to finish. Epic battle, epic melee, epic strategies.
May 17, 2023 9:49 PM
Oct 2022
clio_selene said:
Fight of Reuenthal and Schönkopf, one of my most beloved moments in the whole series, was totally ruined. They made it into a regular sword duel (sic!) on the bridge. In original it was much more dramatic with Reuenthal having no real weapon nor armor to counter full-armored Schönkopf in a small space, and not losing despite being on a disadvantage. It showed us how talented fighter Reuenthal was. Here we had two knights fighting with a long sword and making a show. Unfortunately, this scene is a perfect example of what this new LoGH is: a superficial show that has little to do with the excellent novel and equally excellent original anime.

I feel that too. Looks like DNT want to follow Fujisaki manga version that use long sword, but somehow they ruined the tension and made it into mid fight in the bridge. I mean, Fujisaki still made them fight in the small room and the tension is on par with the book or old OVA version.
Jul 24, 2023 2:31 PM

Aug 2019
Once again, they didn't believe him

It was a fierce battle between Yang's and Reuenthal's forces  

Also, the fact that Yang is feeling down without Julian is so wholesome. He even thought that he shouldn't have let him go
Sun_ChanJul 24, 2023 3:30 PM
Nov 25, 2023 5:41 AM

Oct 2017
Reunthal vs Yang Wenli begins. The sword fight was lit. And here it is, the main part of the mission.
Jan 31, 6:32 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Sword fights are so idiotic in an era so advanced that they have intergalactic travel. Irked me too much.

"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Sakubou Episode 12 Discussion

von_Lohengramm - Dec 15, 2022

40 by Myrello »»
Feb 1, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Sakubou Episode 10 Discussion

_cjessop19_ - Dec 1, 2022

21 by MegamiRem »»
Nov 25, 2023 5:15 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Sakubou Episode 9 Discussion

_cjessop19_ - Nov 24, 2022

18 by MegamiRem »»
Nov 25, 2023 4:43 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Sakubou Episode 8 Discussion

_cjessop19_ - Nov 17, 2022

15 by MegamiRem »»
Nov 25, 2023 3:43 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Sakubou Episode 7 Discussion

_cjessop19_ - Nov 10, 2022

19 by MegamiRem »»
Nov 24, 2023 3:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.