Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2022 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
Takeshi just can't catch a break. Guy does what he can to help his team but the beta enemies just aren't going to back off.

It's like he's fighting not just for himself, others, but also against all the odds.
Dec 7, 2022 8:32 AM
Oct 2020
That seals it then. Either we are getting a season 3 or we get the total eclipse treatment.
Dec 7, 2022 8:52 AM

Jan 2008
Stark700 said:
Takeshi just can't catch a break. Guy does what he can to help his team but the beta enemies just aren't going to back off.

It's like he's fighting not just for himself, others, but also against all the odds.

Who's Takeshi, which character is that again? Oh, it's TakeRU* Get it right, it's like calling Nick character Dick.

Anyway, man, what an episode this is, guaranteed we're getting season 3.
Dec 7, 2022 11:10 AM
Oct 2022
dailybread said:
That seals it then. Either we are getting a season 3 or we get the total eclipse treatment.
it wasn't even a question, after like episode 6-7 it was clear that it's either s3 /movie/ova or unfinished (or alternative ending)
Dec 7, 2022 11:17 AM
Oct 2022
dailybread said:
honestly for TE it was better that way. Until now I didn't play VN, and after I played VN I think it was better to off the anime, VN just feels more smooth, and anime is like an avarage harem anime but with BETA (how it feels at least and it's not even close tho)
Dec 7, 2022 11:31 AM

Jan 2009
damn they are all about to die, they should wake up Sumika because whenever Sumika is awake the Betas stopped moving
Dec 7, 2022 12:00 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The fight continues, I think the best part was probably the battleships fighting the beta directly instead of being artillery support, I really liked the line by the captain where he mentioned getting to fight the beta that made aircraft obsolete, which were originally intended to make battleships obsolete, I thought that was cool lol, I was also a ship obsessed kid growing up so it’s nice for that reason too lol.

And yet again, when everything is looking up something new rears its ugly head, now there are tons of beta swarming the escape route, and I’m guessing next episode is where we might finally see some deaths because I feel like Kashiwagi and the captain aren’t gonna get out alive, just a feeling tho lol, I have not played the games. I also enjoyed seeing the girl from episode 1 of season 1 going all out on the beta, she’s sadly outclassed by the elites tho.
Dec 7, 2022 12:11 PM
Oct 2022
Pretty thrilling this time. The pulling back the TSF scene is awesome yet cause anxiousness.
Dec 7, 2022 12:18 PM

Mar 2009
I like Tsukuyomi shot were she went all like "Pathetic" when she saves Komaki at the beginning
Dec 7, 2022 12:38 PM
Jan 2019
Three really great action heavy episodes in a row. I feel like this show would be great for binge watching. Can't wait for how they do the climax
Dec 7, 2022 12:57 PM

Jan 2008
dailybread said:

What do you mean by Total Eclipse treatment? Partially anime adapted or getting Total Eclipse another anime?
Dec 7, 2022 12:59 PM
Oct 2022
planetwarrior said:
dailybread said:

What do you mean by Total Eclipse treatment? Partially anime adapted or getting Total Eclipse another anime?

total eclipse treatment, ended with literally nothing, like u drew a line that "it's okey to stop here" and then that's it they stopped
Dec 7, 2022 2:13 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Yeah has to be a third season, right now it actually has decent pacing for once and in if they keep it up like this then there would be enough content left to do a whole another season. Also there are only 2 eps left of the current one which yeah that's just completely impossible to wrap it up in. We still have like two major arcs left after this to cover
Dec 7, 2022 2:58 PM
Oct 2022
HaXXspetten said:
Yeah has to be a third season, right now it actually has decent pacing for once and in if they keep it up like this then there would be enough content left to do a whole another season. Also there are only 2 eps left of the current one which yeah that's just completely impossible to wrap it up in. We still have like two major arcs left after this to cover
yeah I was amazed that the arc still going, felt the same that at least once the pace is just right there
Dec 7, 2022 3:11 PM

Jan 2008
yo, the last part of the episode has a remix of this

Dec 7, 2022 4:11 PM

Feb 2019
So looking like a third season, movie or some type of OVA has to happen with how the pacing has been going lately in Muv Luv. No complaints here, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed this season and I appreciate that they’re going slower to flesh characters and events out
Dec 7, 2022 6:37 PM
Feb 2015
Been a while since i read the VN, is the BETA stopping when Sumika woke up & the Code 991 on the other Valkyries at the end anime-original?
Dec 7, 2022 9:32 PM
Jul 2021
ixarising said:
Been a while since i read the VN, is the BETA stopping when Sumika woke up & the Code 991 on the other Valkyries at the end anime-original?

BETA stopping when Sumika woke up is in the VN. The Code 991 on Takeru and friends at the end is anime-original I think.
Dec 8, 2022 3:13 AM
Feb 2015
blueah said:
ixarising said:

BETA stopping when Sumika woke up is in the VN. The Code 991 on Takeru and friends at the end is anime-original I think.

Thankfully there are walkthrough in YouTube. Yep the BETA stopping is in the VN, ending part where Kei & Class Rep got shot by laser-class wasn't.
Dec 8, 2022 7:13 AM
Oct 2020
Since season 1 was ass, and this season has been slightly above average, that must mean season 3 will be an actual good adaptation!

I’m very disappointed with the adaptation of sadogashima so far. Hopefully they don’t ruin the ending next episode. If they do I’ll be really mad. I really like that part, it’s like top 2 moments in the entire trilogy.
Dec 8, 2022 12:43 PM
Apr 2021
3 really great episodes in a row, I have been very pleasantly surprised with how they have handled the pacing in the Sadogashima segment so far. If they top this off with a season 3 or a movie where they keep the current quality then I will have gotten way more out of this than I ever hoped for.
Dec 8, 2022 1:12 PM

Jun 2015
That ending song just bangs in there at the cliffhanger. I dont think Ive watched a similar show since franxx when it comes to wild endings. although i'm +1 this as they finished the franxx show down in a series in two eps, but this battle been going on for weeks and the shit is hitting the fan and people keep throwing shit at it. Love it! We moving into squeepig 3.65 territory!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Dec 8, 2022 7:14 PM
May 2016
EmmyMoomin said:
Since season 1 was ass, and this season has been slightly above average, that must mean season 3 will be an actual good adaptation!

I’m very disappointed with the adaptation of sadogashima so far. Hopefully they don’t ruin the ending next episode. If they do I’ll be really mad. I really like that part, it’s like top 2 moments in the entire trilogy.

what's there to dislike?
Dec 9, 2022 4:32 AM
Oct 2020
Marinate1016 said:
So looking like a third season, movie or some type of OVA has to happen with how the pacing has been going lately in Muv Luv. No complaints here, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed this season and I appreciate that they’re going slower to flesh characters and events out

Tbh there is no character development anymore to show this far into the story (there is a substantial valkyrie's development, but this anime doesn't really care about them). You are literally looking at nothing but action moving forward. And one disturbing, horrible, vile, sick, degenerated scene that shall forever leave me asking what the hell kouki was smoking.

dailybreadDec 9, 2022 4:42 AM
Dec 9, 2022 9:34 AM

Oct 2014
Action scenes and theme songs continue to be the only things that this adaptation is good for.
Dec 9, 2022 10:33 AM
Oct 2020
lanphung said:
EmmyMoomin said:

what's there to dislike?

They’re rushing through it, and they’re adding too much anime original stuff.
Dec 9, 2022 11:55 AM
Jun 2014
EmmyMoomin said:
lanphung said:

what's there to dislike?

Keep in mind that, v-tuber valkyrie aside, the events so far we've seen that weren't in the VN were added in the manga- this is essentially a 1:1 manga adaptation, and that had a few things added in with Kouki's guidance to give VN readers a reason to pick it up.
Dec 9, 2022 8:59 PM
Feb 2015
L5132 said:
EmmyMoomin said:

Keep in mind that, v-tuber valkyrie aside, the events so far we've seen that weren't in the VN were added in the manga- this is essentially a 1:1 manga adaptation, and that had a few things added in with Kouki's guidance to give VN readers a reason to pick it up.

Yoshimune isn't involved with the anime, he's mention this in his own channel few times. The manga yes it's done with his supervision but he's not involved at all for the anime. To keep the Muv-Luv franchise ongoing, he sold his ownership for Muv-Luv and it's related series to Avex and he's not a staff for Age or rather Anchor now. He's been paid to help them for project or series basis. That's also the main reason why he started his own YouTube channel, it's to gather funds to make another story unrelated to Muv-Luv.
Dec 10, 2022 12:47 AM
Dec 2022
I'm a VN reader and I don't get how can someone be disappointed with the Sadogashima adaptation, it's a very good adaptation for the moment.

How is it being rushed when the battle are barely two hours in the VN and we are getting four episodes of it? The pacing is being very decent, not like with PTSD arc, that was like 5-6 VN hours in two episodes.
Dec 11, 2022 5:11 AM
Oct 2020
L5132 said:
EmmyMoomin said:

I don’t care where it got these new scenes from. It shouldn’t use anything that isn’t in the vn.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dailybread - Oct 12, 2022

85 by CafeAlpha »»
May 5, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion

dailybread - Oct 5, 2022

39 by Otakuwhip »»
Jan 27, 7:15 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2022

31 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 11, 2023 11:50 AM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2022

40 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 11, 2023 6:11 AM

» Worth watching?

TacoQZ - Oct 21, 2022

26 by otakuops7 »»
Jun 2, 2023 7:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.