Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Little Monster
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 3, 2022 10:12 AM
Jul 2022
So guys, as you know from the title I'm looking for some old romance Anime. I just started this one yesterday. And I want to watch some more old romance shows at the same time while I'm watching this one. I'm ok with a SOL- Rom, Ecchi and all the stuff is ok too, some adult romance would be great too, as I'm searching for one, school life rom is ofc accepted. I want a show where I can feel the characters and there emotions. So if you know any, please suggest. Thanks.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 3, 2022 10:17 AM
Jul 2021
Levi1108 said:
So guys, as you know from the title I'm looking for some old romance Anime. I just started this one yesterday. And I want to watch some more old romance shows at the same time while I'm watching this one. I'm ok with a SOL- Rom, Ecchi and all the stuff is ok too, some adult romance would be great too, as I'm searching for one, school life rom is ofc accepted. I want a show where I can feel the characters and there emotions. So if you know any, please suggest. Thanks.

Is there more of story in manga of My little monster?
Dec 3, 2022 10:18 AM
Jul 2022
Yatagarasu18 said:
Levi1108 said:

Idk, I just started Anime. I have no idea about anything.
Dec 3, 2022 10:19 AM
Jul 2021
Levi1108 said:
Yatagarasu18 said:

Also my recommendation is Katanagatari
Dec 3, 2022 10:21 AM
Jul 2022
Yatagarasu18 said:
Levi1108 said:

Also my recommendation is Katanagatari

Thanks dude! I'll check it out.
Dec 3, 2022 10:21 AM
Nov 2020
Levi1108 said:

try out kaichou wa maid sama
Dec 3, 2022 10:23 AM
Jul 2022
myfacewhen1 said:
Levi1108 said:

try out kaichou wa maid sama

Already on my PTW list. Thanks tho. If you have any other please do suggest.
Dec 3, 2022 10:27 AM
Feb 2022
Levi1108 said:

maid sama, kamisama kiss, lovely complex, from me to you, say i love you, toradora...(less than 5-10 yr old- My teen romcom SNAFU, 3d kanojo, au haru ride, orange, your lie in april, nisekoi)
sotlganihaiDec 3, 2022 10:38 AM
Dec 3, 2022 10:29 AM
Mar 2021
Levi1108 said:

try toradora. it's my 2nd best rom anime after gosick
Dec 3, 2022 10:30 AM
Jun 2014
my recommendation is peach girl

Dec 3, 2022 10:34 AM

Jan 2017
Yatagarasu18 said:

Yes , a lot more.
The Anime adapted only up to Chapter 16. (While slightly altering Chapter 14 to 16)
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Dec 3, 2022 10:36 AM
Nov 2022
A lot of new anime have become old now like Komi cant communicate it came out in 2019
And kaguya sama etc

Ookami shoujo is the one that I really like you should give it a try. It’s probably 5-6 yrs old

You should also give kaichou wa maid sama it’s very good 9/10 for me and it’s very old 5-14yrs old probably
Dec 3, 2022 10:37 AM
Dec 2021
Kimi ni todoke is a solid romance anime to watch in my opinion. But a lot of people here have posted some good ones to!
Dec 3, 2022 10:55 AM
Jul 2022
Older Romance:
From me to you (not complete adaptation)
Midori Days
Familiar of Zero
Bakemonogatari (intro to the series if you like it)
Gosick
Angel Beats (no tag but there is some)
Working!! (Starts as romantic subtext)
Fate 2006

Not as old:
A lull in the sea
How to raise a boring girlfriend
Chaika the coffin princess

I have some more I'd suggest but they're within the last few years. I also ordered them by how much I thought romance was a focus in each list (most -> least).
Dec 3, 2022 10:59 AM
Sep 2019
Levi1108 said:

I totally recommend Skip Beat! It's from 2008, very funny, amazing characters and it's set in the showbiz world. Need a second seasonđź‘Ť
Dec 3, 2022 11:05 AM
Oct 2021
Suki tte ii na yo
Inu x boku SS
Kamisama hajimemashita
Ao haru ride
Dec 3, 2022 11:21 AM
Jul 2022
sotlganihai said:
Levi1108 said:

maid sama, kamisama kiss, lovely complex, from me to you, say i love you, toradora...(less than 5-10 yr old- My teen romcom SNAFU, 3d kanojo, au haru ride, orange, your lie in april, nisekoi)

Au haru ride is the first time I've heard. And the rest, some I've watched and some are in my PTW list. Thanks.
Dec 3, 2022 11:22 AM
Jul 2022
rx09 said:
Levi1108 said:

Already watched it. And really liked it.
Dec 3, 2022 11:22 AM
Jul 2022
jiajia said:
my recommendation is peach girl

Thanks. Will check it out.
Dec 3, 2022 11:23 AM
Jun 2022
(some might not be as old but... )
Fruits basket
Tsurezure Children
Cardcaptor Sakura (It does have a little romance)
Tonikaku Kawaii
12-sai
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san
Momokuri
Mizuiro Jidai
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
Mushikaburi-hime (It's ongoing)
Hope enjoy all of them ;)
Sakura_2345Dec 3, 2022 11:29 AM
Dec 3, 2022 11:24 AM
Jul 2022
Maazszn_ said:
A lot of new anime have become old now like Komi cant communicate it came out in 2019
And kaguya sama etc

Ookami shoujo is the one that I really like you should give it a try. It’s probably 5-6 yrs old

You should also give kaichou wa maid sama it’s very good 9/10 for me and it’s very old 5-14yrs old probably

Komi done. Maid sama in PTW. And ookami is the new one for me. Will check it out.
Dec 3, 2022 11:25 AM
Jul 2022
DrummerJamJam said:
Kimi ni todoke is a solid romance anime to watch in my opinion. But a lot of people here have posted some good ones to!

Already in my PTW.
Dec 3, 2022 11:27 AM
Jul 2022
WestOnAndrewAve said:
Older Romance:
From me to you (not complete adaptation)
Midori Days
Familiar of Zero
Bakemonogatari (intro to the series if you like it)
Gosick
Angel Beats (no tag but there is some)
Working!! (Starts as romantic subtext)
Fate 2006

Not as old:
A lull in the sea
How to raise a boring girlfriend
Chaika the coffin princess

I have some more I'd suggest but they're within the last few years. I also ordered them by how much I thought romance was a focus in each list (most -> least).

Thanks dude. Ik only 2 or 3 shows from these. But are in my PTW list. Others are new to me. I'll check it out.
Dec 3, 2022 11:27 AM
Jul 2022
MaxAkumax said:
Levi1108 said:

I totally recommend Skip Beat! It's from 2008, very funny, amazing characters and it's set in the showbiz world. Need a second seasonđź‘Ť

Thanks. Will check it out.
Dec 3, 2022 11:28 AM
Jul 2022
helennaaj said:
Suki tte ii na yo
Inu x boku SS
Kamisama hajimemashita
Ao haru ride

These are some new names gor me. Will check it out.
Dec 3, 2022 11:29 AM
Jul 2022
Sakura_2345 said:
(some might not be as old but... )
Fruits basket
Tsurezure Children
Cardcaptor Sakura (It does have a little romance)
Tonikaku Kawaii
12-sai
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san
Momokuri
Mizuiro Jidai
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
Mushikaburi-hime (It's ongoing)
Hope enjoy all of them ;)

Haven't heard about most of these. That's good. Will check them out. Thanks.
Levi1108Dec 3, 2022 10:56 PM
Dec 3, 2022 11:58 AM
Mar 2021
Levi1108 said:
rx09 said:

then you need to watch gosick it's true that gosick isn't a school rom but I really like it and recommended
Dec 3, 2022 12:16 PM

Jul 2017
I would highly recommend giving KareKano (His and Her Circumstances) and Kodocha a watch if you also are interested in retro anime romcoms. Both 90s romcoms that are among my favourites of the genre. I should let you know that Kodocha is 102 episodes long however so if you don’t like that length, the manga is a lot shorter and doesn’t have filler compared to the anime.
Dec 3, 2022 12:31 PM

Sep 2020
a few recommendations

wotakoi
ReLIFE
working
saekano
plastic memories
my love story
the world God only knows
date a live
ano natsu de matteru
oresuki
The Pet Girl of Sakurasou
Dec 3, 2022 12:46 PM
Apr 2021
Ao haru ride is one of my favorite romance
I may have forgotten.
Dec 3, 2022 12:51 PM
Sep 2010
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Hana yori Dango yet.
Dec 3, 2022 1:08 PM
Mar 2021
Lovely Complex, Ouran Highschool Host Club, Marmalade Boy and Maid-sama
Dec 3, 2022 1:08 PM
Sep 2010
not sure how "old" you wanted them to be but here are some I really like. sorry if these are repeats from others!

fantasy romance:
Tsubasa Chronicle
Visions of Escaflowne
Eureka Seven
Otome Youkai Zakuro
Fushigi yugi

SOL/modern romance:
Nodame Cantabile
Itazura Na Kiss** (my fav!!!)
Honey and Clover
Lovely Complex
Eden of the East (3 movies)
Suki tte li na yo (Say I love you)
Looking up at the half moon
Special A
previously mentioned: Hana yori dango
Dec 3, 2022 1:16 PM
Aug 2020
Nodame Cantabile, trust me. I had to discover it alone, by chance, when seeing it in someone's watch list 4 days ago. I JUST finish the 3 seasons and the OVA's. Seriously, you SHOULD watch it.

(It's a classic music anime)
Sweet_FairyDec 3, 2022 1:51 PM
Dec 3, 2022 1:31 PM
Jul 2021
NANA is one i’d strongly recommend
Dec 3, 2022 2:38 PM
Sep 2021
snow white with red hair is a really unique one, it's a sol romcom set in medieval times with no magic or anything, it's pretty wholesome
Dec 3, 2022 4:27 PM

Aug 2017
ou good question! I second a lot of what people have already said (save ao hard ride, gag I hate that one) so I'll add a few.

They're not strictly romance and they not super old but:

Golden Time (they're in college so they're older than the usual crowd)

Yona of the Dawn (has a lot of romance in it, but isn't strictly romance. Fantasy though!)

Kiss him, not me (okay I know I know. but it's stupid which is what makes it funny. it's just dumb fun. not really old though)

Arte (it's about a woman trying to become and artist in a time when women aren't allowed to. romance is in it, but again not strictly romance)

Beyond the Boundary (monsters and demons and stuff and also not old but still really good)

I don't know the Japanese names of things so hopefully I'm not repeating things
Dec 3, 2022 4:31 PM

Dec 2018
Yatagarasu18 said:
Levi1108 said:

Yes. The anime only adapts the first quarter or so of the manga and it’s pretty rough adaptation
Dec 3, 2022 4:33 PM
Apr 2022
•Koi wa Ameagari no You ni

It has a emotion in this anime, like, it's about a teenage in love with her boss whos is 45y. She likes him but he knows that a romance it is not possible. The feeling here is like "I like him a lot" and "If I was younger..."
its very good to watch
Dec 3, 2022 7:33 PM
Nov 2022
Yatagarasu18 said:
Levi1108 said:

yes and in my opinion manga is better than the anime
Dec 3, 2022 10:00 PM
May 2022
Watch "Golden time"
Dec 3, 2022 10:56 PM
Aug 2018
One of my favourites is Inu x Boku SS, I really like that one bc it has a good plot and characters also, I recommend you Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii, it's not that old but is a very good one. Hope you like them :)
Dec 3, 2022 10:57 PM
Jul 2022
rx09 said:
Levi1108 said:

then you need to watch gosick it's true that gosick isn't a school rom but I really like it and recommended

Thanks. Will give it a try.
Dec 3, 2022 10:57 PM
Jul 2022
Vinylwolfe said:
I would highly recommend giving KareKano (His and Her Circumstances) and Kodocha a watch if you also are interested in retro anime romcoms. Both 90s romcoms that are among my favourites of the genre. I should let you know that Kodocha is 102 episodes long however so if you don’t like that length, the manga is a lot shorter and doesn’t have filler compared to the anime.

Thanks. I'll check it out.
Dec 3, 2022 10:58 PM
Jul 2022
Motormuis_x said:
a few recommendations

wotakoi
ReLIFE
working
saekano
plastic memories
my love story
the world God only knows
date a live
ano natsu de matteru
oresuki
The Pet Girl of Sakurasou

Watched some of these. Some are in PTW. Thanks.
Dec 3, 2022 10:58 PM
Jul 2022
Awwww- said:
Ao haru ride is one of my favorite romance

Yeah. Someone recommend it.
Dec 3, 2022 10:59 PM
Jul 2022
catgray said:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Hana yori Dango yet.

I'll check it out. Tnx.
Dec 3, 2022 11:00 PM
Jul 2022
catgray said:
not sure how "old" you wanted them to be but here are some I really like. sorry if these are repeats from others!

fantasy romance:
Tsubasa Chronicle
Visions of Escaflowne
Eureka Seven
Otome Youkai Zakuro
Fushigi yugi

SOL/modern romance:
Nodame Cantabile
Itazura Na Kiss** (my fav!!!)
Honey and Clover
Lovely Complex
Eden of the East (3 movies)
Suki tte li na yo (Say I love you)
Looking up at the half moon
Special A
previously mentioned: Hana yori dango

Thanks dude. These are some new names for me. I don't watch fantasy rom. But the SOL, I'll check them out.
Dec 3, 2022 11:00 PM
Jul 2022
Sweet_Fairy said:
Nodame Cantabile, trust me. I had to discover it alone, by chance, when seeing it in someone's watch list 4 days ago. I JUST finish the 3 seasons and the OVA's. Seriously, you SHOULD watch it.

(It's a classic music anime)

Tnx. I'll check it out.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is there going to be a season 2? ( 1 2 )

SalemWitch - Apr 2, 2013

64 by Note_Rikka »»
May 1, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

478 by Prevesis »»
Apr 18, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2012

463 by LANNYPOOPOODONG »»
Oct 20, 2023 7:06 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2012

165 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:42 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2012

165 by ccrr »»
Aug 19, 2023 10:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.