Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 27, 2022 7:07 PM
Nov 2021
It's easy to pair one person with another from a third person perspective. You are not living in their world, that is what people don't ever consider. The events that brought them together are important, if you took Kirito and Asuna apart it would take away all the magic from those events, and every experience they shared would be ruined.
Nov 28, 2022 1:25 PM
Jul 2021
ok I think that we need to, as a group, stop thinking with the "love has no bounds" thing. we can't immediately start going the sister/incest route for every anime.
Nov 29, 2022 1:00 AM

Feb 2011
JustUrAvgeBino said:
ok I think that we need to, as a group, stop thinking with the "love has no bounds" thing. we can't immediately start going the sister/incest route for every anime.
I don't know about you, but I can and I will if I think the characters better suit each other.
Nov 29, 2022 1:02 AM
Jul 2021
-Shizuna- said:
JustUrAvgeBino said:
I don't know about you, but I can and I will if I think the characters better suit each other.

but that's because you're looking from the outside in. I want you to imagine some wanting to ship you and your relative together just because "you seem like a good fit". it is then you will realize what exactly you're trying to push
Nov 29, 2022 1:05 AM

Feb 2011
JustUrAvgeBino said:
-Shizuna- said:

but that's because you're looking from the outside in. I want you to imagine some wanting to ship you and your relative together just because "you seem like a good fit". it is then you will realize what exactly you're trying to push
If I had a relative like Suguha we'd already have kids...
Nov 29, 2022 1:07 AM
Jul 2021
-Shizuna- said:
JustUrAvgeBino said:

If I had a relative like Suguha we'd already have kids...

😦😦 this became a Twitter post very quickly
after further review, it seems you are beyond help.
Nov 29, 2022 1:10 AM
Jul 2021
Konan_Edogawa_ said:
-Shizuna- said:
Realistically speaking, that brat doesn't deserve such a nice girl, but since SAO is made for escapism, we might as well pair our protagonist with the best girl, which is Suguha and not some third rate waifu like Asuna. What do you think, do you agree or not?

I can't say that I agree with Suguha being the best girl in the series for Kazuto. Asuna is the best girl and like 90%+ of the fan base agrees so this is a long settled matter.

funny thing, there was Apollo done through a reddit post, and sinon got the highest vote. Asuna was a very close second
Nov 30, 2022 3:03 AM
May 2022
-Shizuna- said:
Realistically speaking, that brat doesn't deserve such a nice girl, but since SAO is made for escapism, we might as well pair our protagonist with the best girl, which is Suguha and not some third rate waifu like Asuna. What do you think, do you agree or not?

thats kinda rational
Nov 30, 2022 3:29 AM
Nov 2022
the sister annoyed the heck outta me when I first met her, so no. 🙄 lol
Dec 1, 2022 12:16 PM
Jan 2021
I’m screaming. What is going on here?? Why is someone supporting incest???? I can’t with the internet today
Dec 1, 2022 12:20 PM

Feb 2011
Izuella said:
I’m screaming. What is going on here?? Why is someone supporting incest???? I can’t with the internet today
What's wrong with two humans to love each other?
Dec 1, 2022 9:15 PM
May 2021
Kylelord2004KL2 said:
ilyphysix said:

I’m not saying that Suguha is better but it’s not illegal almost everywhere to marry your 1st cousin.

doesn't make it right
you don't decide what's right
Dec 1, 2022 10:20 PM

May 2021
If it means I get to pick Asuna, then fine, go on ahead with it.

Dec 2, 2022 4:07 PM
Aug 2022
MonkeyDGoofy123 said:
Kylelord2004KL2 said:

doesn't make it right
I think its pretty fucking universally agreed that sleeping with your cousin is weird, you absolute mong
Dec 3, 2022 5:35 AM

Feb 2011
Kylelord2004KL2 said:
MonkeyDGoofy123 said:
I think its pretty fucking universally agreed that sleeping with your cousin is weird, you absolute mong
Universe is a large place, you can't claim your opinion as a common sense without visiting every place on Earth...
Dec 3, 2022 7:33 AM
Aug 2022
-Shizuna- said:
Kylelord2004KL2 said:
Universe is a large place, you can't claim your opinion as a common sense without visiting every place on Earth...

so you are family fucker, pretty fucking embarrassing if you ask me
Dec 11, 2022 3:42 AM
May 2021
-Shizuna- said:
Kylelord2004KL2 said:
Kylelord2004KL2 said:
-Shizuna- said:

Kylelord2004KL2 said:
-Shizuna- said:

I won't fuck my first cousin but yea I would if that cousin is not related to me with blood , bcz fucking someone blood related can give birth to a cancerous child and that's why you don't see that happen , but it's not wrong , I mean Einstein fucked his cousin too you know
Dec 11, 2022 3:44 AM
May 2021
Kylelord2004KL2 said:

you don't tell me what's universal sitting in a room , thinking you seen the fukcing universe lmfao
Dec 11, 2022 3:45 AM
May 2021
Kylelord2004KL2 said:
Kylelord2004KL2
If I were Kirito , I'd most definitely be fucking Suguha ,she's hot as hell
Dec 11, 2022 3:53 AM

Feb 2011
MonkeyDGoofy123 said:
Kylelord2004KL2 said:
Kylelord2004KL2

SAO author needs to make a spin-off with Suguha instead of Asuna.
Dec 11, 2022 12:37 PM
May 2021
-Shizuna- said:
MonkeyDGoofy123 said:

SAO author needs to make a spin-off with Suguha instead of Asuna.
fr! fr! we gotta see them together man !
Dec 12, 2022 8:17 AM

Nov 2022
if asuna and kirito weren't in sao for 2 years, 100%. im more of an alice and kirito person but yh i kinda agree

Dec 12, 2022 8:22 AM

Feb 2011
@1ncoley Something like a cheating incident can change everything... Kirito x Suguha is still a possibility...
Dec 12, 2022 8:53 AM

Nov 2022
-Shizuna- said:
@1ncoley Something like a cheating incident can change everything... Kirito x Suguha is still a possibility...

SHEESH id honestly be down to see sumn like that
but i doubt it'd ever happen sadly

Jan 2, 2023 8:44 PM

Mar 2021
I see a bunch of upset people here assume that what they think is morally correct is the same everywhere else.

Incest is more common in Japan than in Western countries, that's just the way it is for them.

The world doesn't revolve around your views.

Jan 3, 2023 5:33 AM

Jun 2021
It seems like you found out through spoilers and stalking you fkin, criminal bast*rd. Asuna is best girl and that's a fact. Stop raping underage girls through rape doujins and go to the Church. We're durring the armaggedon.
ねえ、それはあなたです! あなたがカズマやトーマが好きなエッチ/ハーレムファンなら、女性を「平等に」扱うので、女性を殴る/軽蔑する2人のマッチョな男性か、Free!/YOIが好きだがフェアリーテイルの悪を話すTumblrファンガールです/ DxDとSAOは、ファンサービスがあり、アニメやマンガでBL / LGBTQ +ファンサービスが好きで、自分を「フェミニスト」と呼んでいるためです。自分は偽善者に過ぎず、価値観を再考し、これらの二重で停止する必要があることを知ってください。標準。 真剣に、それを止めてください😁。 #MenHaveTheRightToWorkInShortsInHotDays #MALMemberSince2010#Kirisuna Nico Nico no Hyouryuuken!
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMsHeAUgW0lgREhidvVfUeeXb2M5WTADZ (Music about God).

*Bill Clinton's voice* I did not have sexual relationships with that anime girl. *Hilary Clinton's voice* waifu's rights are human rights, and human rights are waifu's rights. *God Emperor Donald Trump's voice* Yaoi anime will soon be illegal. All fujos will be arrested.

Jan 17, 2023 4:58 PM

Dec 2022
Sugu is hotter, but I can't imagine Kirito being with any girl other than Asuna.
Jan 17, 2023 5:08 PM

Dec 2022
In defense of incest, if you have a secular moral system outside of Christian Ethics, it seems hypocritical to say something like homosexuality is morally permissible, yet incest isn't. What is your moral objection to incest exactly? Is it because you think it's disgusting? Well, then I can just say that homosexuality is disgusting, but that seems like really cheap reasoning and doesn't really get to the heart of the issue. Things aren't bad because they're disgusting; they usually have some sort of consequence that makes the action morally wrong.

You could say that incest is morally wrong because of the risk of genetic deformities, but then I could propose a scenario where a brother and sister are infertile and aren't capable of having children. What is the moral issue with that scenario? No offspring are being produced, making the genetic deformity argument irrelevant.

In other words, most people oppose incest, but they don't even know why. And then they'll criticise other cultures for having differing perspectives on sexualities that are accepted in the west.
Jan 24, 2023 2:10 AM

Feb 2011
Miryy said:
In defense of incest, if you have a secular moral system outside of Christian Ethics, it seems hypocritical to say something like homosexuality is morally permissible, yet incest isn't. What is your moral objection to incest exactly? Is it because you think it's disgusting? Well, then I can just say that homosexuality is disgusting, but that seems like really cheap reasoning and doesn't really get to the heart of the issue. Things aren't bad because they're disgusting; they usually have some sort of consequence that makes the action morally wrong.

You could say that incest is morally wrong because of the risk of genetic deformities, but then I could propose a scenario where a brother and sister are infertile and aren't capable of having children. What is the moral issue with that scenario? No offspring are being produced, making the genetic deformity argument irrelevant.

In other words, most people oppose incest, but they don't even know why. And then they'll criticise other cultures for having differing perspectives on sexualities that are accepted in the west.
You can also add the fact that people with actual bad genetic and illnesses aren't forbidden from procreating, meaning the whole premise of "incest bad because science" doesn't hold water. Like you've said, it's just that people find it uncomfortable and while it might be questionable in real life when real humans are involved, the way people here get so offended by the idea of Kirito and Suguha being a couple is sad.
Jan 24, 2023 4:03 AM

Dec 2022
-Shizuna- said:
Miryy said:

You can also add the fact that people with actual bad genetic and illnesses aren't forbidden from procreating, meaning the whole premise of "incest bad because science" doesn't hold water. Like you've said, it's just that people find it uncomfortable and while it might be questionable in real life when real humans are involved, the way people here get so offended by the idea of Kirito and Suguha being a couple is sad.

That's very true.
May 14, 2023 7:47 AM

Jul 2011
Nope. I don't even find Asuna to be a good choice. Might be random to say, but I think Lisbeth/Rika would be a better pairing. 
Jun 11, 2023 12:12 AM

Jan 2020
EatYourFrutz_ said:
Here’s something that restricts that choice: Aren’t they siblings/cousins?

It's been a very long tiime since I watched Sword Art Online but I think they're distant (?) cousins. However, Suguha calls Kirito 'Onii-chan' as a show of affection & to demonstrate closeness, and yes 'Onii-chan' usually refers to siblings.  'Distance' is an important concept to the Japanese and it is expressed with psychotically precise delineation in all circumstances. Using a term of affection like that one can indicate that they are very close and not necessarily that they are brother & sister. It's a bit confusing but bottom line, I think the filial connection between them is very weak and that's probably intentional.

I wouldn't look down on distant (?) cousins going down that road but anything closer than that would be too far to endorse. Regular cousins might be too much but hey, lots of fans were terribly disappointed that Oosuki Mamako & Oosuki Masato didn't end up together or at least relinquish carnal restraints of a sexual nature with one another, conveniently ignoring the tiny, little, kind of slightly important fact that she gave birth to him so in my experience nobody actually cares as long as the waifu is cute enough to surpass whatever the issue may be.

Personally, I think Suguha is too good for Kirito.
Jun 11, 2023 12:33 AM

Jan 2020
Miryy said:
 it seems hypocritical to say something like homosexuality is morally permissible, yet incest isn't.
What is 'Teratogenesis' for 500 Alex?  d A i L y D o U b L e

Bruh-kun; It's fine to be in favor or against [incest] and there are valid reasons for both stances. However what's not fine is lying to try to make a point regardless of which side you are on. There is no hypocrisy, even in the above quoted strawman.
Jun 30, 2023 1:14 PM

Dec 2022
EmperorSsraeshza said:
Miryy said:
 it seems hypocritical to say something like homosexuality is morally permissible, yet incest isn't.
Bruh-kun; It's fine to be in favor or against [incest] and there are valid reasons for both stances. However what's not fine is lying to try to make a point regardless of which side you are on. There is no hypocrisy, even in the above quoted strawman.

The hypocrisy comes in when you object to incest on the basis of disgust. You can hold a stance on incest that isn't hypocritical, like on the basis of genetic abnormalities, though that raises a separate discussion on eugenics. Would you also argue that people with inheritable diseases shouldn't procreate? You'd have to bite several uncomfortable bullets to remain logically consistent.
Sep 3, 2023 12:48 PM

Jan 2020
Reply to Miryy
EmperorSsraeshza said:
Miryy said:

The hypocrisy comes in when you object to incest on the basis of disgust. You can hold a stance on incest that isn't hypocritical, like on the basis of genetic abnormalities, though that raises a separate discussion on eugenics. Would you also argue that people with inheritable diseases shouldn't procreate? You'd have to bite several uncomfortable bullets to remain logically consistent.
Miryy said:
Would you also argue that people with inheritable diseases shouldn't procreate?

Depends on the disease. Advanced hep C for instance? I'd be absolutely against. How about you? heh.

You'd have to bite several uncomfortable bullets to remain logically consistent.

Nope. To be 'in favor' or 'against' without specifying is nonsense and being 'logically consistent' means the complete opposite of what you are trying to pretend it is. In reality it's a case-by-case basis kind of thing and again, your strawman argumentation does not hold merit but you're neither the first nor the last person I will run into that is spewing that kind of thing.

To make it 100% clear, I am neither in favor nor against incest but I am very much against lying as 'some' people choose to do. It is unnecessary and has no place in any rational discussion. That is all, you can have the last word.
Sep 3, 2023 1:37 PM

Jul 2015
Now that I think about it, Asuna is definitely the worst partner for Kirito for the purpose of narrative and storytelling. Those two are almost exact same character with the only difference being their gender. Matching Gary Stu with Mary Sue is the worst possible option, because their relationship cannot possibly develop further, since they are already perfect with eachother and as a result watching those two gets really boring really fast. Exact same problem plagues Mahouka and results are blatant for everyone to see. Especially in the spinoff nobody asked for.
So, yes. Leafa would be a better partner for Kirito, despite being his cousin. Though it is not saying much. Those two other girls unfortunately are completely irrelevant, because all they had is one episode, while Shion after GGO and grabbing a bow is not much different.

Sep 6, 2023 3:46 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to EmperorSsraeshza
Miryy said:
Would you also argue that people with inheritable diseases shouldn't procreate?

Depends on the disease. Advanced hep C for instance? I'd be absolutely against. How about you? heh.

You'd have to bite several uncomfortable bullets to remain logically consistent.

Nope. To be 'in favor' or 'against' without specifying is nonsense and being 'logically consistent' means the complete opposite of what you are trying to pretend it is. In reality it's a case-by-case basis kind of thing and again, your strawman argumentation does not hold merit but you're neither the first nor the last person I will run into that is spewing that kind of thing.

To make it 100% clear, I am neither in favor nor against incest but I am very much against lying as 'some' people choose to do. It is unnecessary and has no place in any rational discussion. That is all, you can have the last word.
@EmperorSsraeshza I don't know why you took the discussion to this level of personal grievance. It wasn't my intention to make you feel this way; I'm just positing questions about something that is very taboo.

I don't want to have the last word as if I'm trying to win some kind of duel. This is merely a conversation to me, but have a nice day.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
Yesterday, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.