Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 20, 2013 3:42 AM

Oct 2012
felt like I would hit Rin with baseball bat into head these few last episodes ..

.. didnt like how they made Shia and Nerine absolutely disappear for few episodes ..

and well it may be good that he decided but why that ....... asa ?? .... she was the one I wanted least of all, even mayumi was better -_- ...

I've got a bad habit of clicking spoilers too fast, then regret it ..

"The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed."
May 8, 2013 5:40 AM

Sep 2011
Well, at least Kaede admitted it herself.

But, it's not that I hate Asa but Rin choosing Asa is so damn random in my point of view. It would be natural if he chooses Sia because of their relationship development on the past Sia episodes but that relationship development turned out to be a waste or Kaede for obvious reasons.

May 20, 2013 2:41 PM

Feb 2013
I'm pretty happy with Asa, Kaede would have been a good choice to but who knows maybe there's still a chance.
Jul 26, 2013 7:22 PM

Jun 2012
Solid kissu right there.
Nov 11, 2013 3:20 PM

May 2013
Yes! I am a happy person right now, since Asa wins, but I wonder what will happen in the last two episodes. But Primula was totally adorable when Kaede came home.
TomangoNov 11, 2013 3:24 PM
Mar 29, 2014 7:41 PM

Mar 2013
One of the only good things going for this otherwise crappy harem anime is the idiotic MC making a rare wise choice. From episode 2 i thought Asa was by far the best choice (the under the table pushing him up against her panties scene to hide him), and everytime she was around the anime was greatly improved (as in it was horrible otherwise, but bearable with Asa in the picture).

I will give an extremely generous 6 to this drop worthy anime, and thats with a bonus for the best final choice (also the most favored girl on Mal statiscally).
Apr 29, 2014 2:43 PM

Apr 2014
Wow, too much hate for Rin & too much ass-licking for Kaede.

Liked this ep, the moment he shared with Asa at the end was nice.

I feel bad for Kaede sure, but I don't think Rin is a bastard for not choosing her.
Tonight, Synklare joins the hunt.
Sep 14, 2014 11:52 AM

Jan 2013
It only took 21 episodes !
Glad he went with Asa.

Shame the whole thing about demons and gods hasnt really been such a big deal in this series, especially not in the 2nd half of the series.
Sep 28, 2014 9:01 AM

Dec 2013
Wow I wouldn't have ever expected ! Great Asa-senpai! I have always liked her as a character, I'm very happy ! :D
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when....
May 1, 2015 7:14 AM

Apr 2015
PrOxAnto said:
Shame the whole thing about demons and gods hasnt really been such a big deal in this series, especially not in the 2nd half of the series.

I feel the same way. What is the point of having a god and demon character if that aspect isn't going to play a part in the way the story progresses? It doesn't make sense. I mean, I like the story alright, but it seems like a huge missed opportunity or like they changed their minds about what they wanted the story to be about halfway through writing it.

Still, I thought this was a good episode. I think Asa really is the best choice. I feel the most sorry for Kaede, but that's not a reason for Rin to be with her. In fact, it's the best reason for her not to be with him. I hope she finds her own strength in the last few episodes.
Jun 15, 2015 5:53 AM
Oct 2011
pcporter827 said:
i reallllllly do not like rin, have you ever heard the phrase "the indifference of good men" yeah thats him all day, like really it took him THAT LONG to figure all this shit out?! im glad he gets asa, that part i did like alot, but the laziness and complacency of the main character in this series makes me absolutly hate him, kaede isnt crazy for no reason either. he lied to her for a good reason yes (so that she wouldnt blame herself for the accident) but because of that white lie she went bonkers, and when she found out the truth she felt terrible for what she had done so she felt that not only was it her job to make it up to him but also to take care of him from that point on, and he just takes advantage of that the whole time, what a bastard, and to top it all of she fell in love with him (slacking on her part for never saying it). okay and now i need a cigarette because this episode (and a few leading up to it) has seriously pissed me off.
There is a differnce between hurting someone because you are an idiot and hurting someone intentionally you know. Also it speaks voulmes for Rin that once he realized how much harm his indesicion was doing he manned up and made a choice. As for leaving Kaede behind, while harsh I think in the long run it will be the best for her, she needs to find her own reason to live.
Jun 15, 2015 9:45 AM

Apr 2013
Looks like this show will end as boring as its characters are, oh well...
Jul 13, 2015 12:27 PM

Apr 2014
that kiss was amazing thx god the girl was routing for has won
Aug 2, 2015 9:46 PM

May 2015
babykeiji said:
Phew! I really breathed normally this time. I really thought that this would turn out like NICE BOAT thing.
You just took my words out of my mind... Im glad everything turn out ok between Rin & Asa-senpai and Kaede.
Mar 30, 2016 12:12 AM
Dec 2014
LordWolfeye said:
Probably one of the best episodes so far. Definitely exceeded my expectations in how they resolved things after that last episode (Rin actually got smart about things and really stepped up and did the right thing in all situations. He especially gave the right reasoning for leaving, which last episode seemed really abrupt and bad timing as the first thing he says when he got back). This would be a good last episode; I hope the real last episode now does not disappoint.

I'm really happy that someone else felt this way about this episode. I know shippers everywhere are upset about him moving out, but it is absolutely the right decision. Kaede hated herself. (And before saying anything else, this is not healthy; you can't love someone else if you hate yourself. It just doesn't work like that.) And not only did she hate herself, but she was obsessed with Rin. So anytime Rin did something that pushed him closer to another girl, Kaede began to hate herself even more and felt like she wasn't deserving of love. THIS IS NOT HEALTHY BEHAVIOR. Forgive me for using all caps there, but I felt like this point really needed to be stressed. Rin continuing to live with Kaede was only hurting her. And not only was it hurting her, she was beginning to actively hate herself. Do you really think Rin living with Kaede in spite of this would have helped her out? I don't think so. Kaede needs Rin to move out so she can start to love herself. Otherwise, I don't want to think about what she may end up doing. People who hate themselves can't really be happy. Even if Rin were to dote on Kaede, I don't think she would truly be happy; instead she would still be trying to do everything she could to please Rin, even at the cost of herself. And that isn't what a healthy relationship looks like.

Anyways, I apologize for going on a little rant here. (Unfortunately, it seems like the majority of my posts are this way...) But the point that I'm really trying to get across here is that Kaede isn't healthy. And getting into a relationship with Rin wouldn't solve these problems; in fact, they would more than likely only serve to make things worse. Rin had to move out. If he stayed with Kaede, he would only end up making her mental state even worse. And more self hatred is the absolute last thing that she needed. I honestly hope that Rin moving out will help Kaede to start to like herself again. (Yes, I know they're fictional characters, but for some reason, I've ended up really attached to these characters and worrying about their wellbeing. I honestly hope that in the future all of these characters were able to find happiness. Well, I guess there's only one way to find out though.)

Oh, and this is just a side note, but seeing the sheer amount of people wishing death on these characters legitimately worries me. I can understand being upset if the characters you want to be together don't end up with each other. I've felt that way too. But wishing a character death because he didn't choose your girl is kind of disturbing in my opinion. I know I'm probably making enemies by writing this, but oh well. Also, I can understand hating Rin for some of the stupid choices he's made throughout this anime, but keep in mind: he didn't do these to intentionally hurt someone. And not only that, Rin actually manned up and admitted his mistakes. He's even actively working to make things better. In my opinion, that makes him better than the large majority of harem protagonists out there. (There are definitely better ones, but Rin definitely deserves some credit.)
warman13xMar 30, 2016 12:21 AM
Apr 15, 2016 8:22 PM

Sep 2015
I'm sligthly annoyed now. Kaede was clearly the best girl...
*sigh* But whatever... Somehow this anime failed grabbing my full enthusiam anyways, so it's not like I give many f*cks.

Still... Kaede, you were the chosen one where it ultimately counts: in my heart <3
TchamiApr 15, 2016 9:38 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2016 1:50 AM

Mar 2014
Sweet ~ .. finally made it clear .. I was impatient that's why ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2016 10:59 AM

Jun 2016
Decent normal ending, finally progression though :)
Dec 15, 2016 2:44 AM

Mar 2015
F*** this show!! Asa should turned him down.

Kaede is the most miserable person here.

Rin-kun should die soon, LOL.

2/5
Oct 4, 2017 7:18 AM

Sep 2012
Tennouji said:
Well, at least Kaede admitted it herself.

But, it's not that I hate Asa but Rin choosing Asa is so damn random in my point of view. It would be natural if he chooses Sia because of their relationship development on the past Sia episodes but that relationship development turned out to be a waste or Kaede for obvious reasons.

they know each other sins the enrolled in that school so its not totally random also they have showed chemistry between them sins the beginning
Oct 4, 2017 7:25 AM

Sep 2012
Synklare said:
Wow, too much hate for Rin & too much ass-licking for Kaede.

Liked this ep, the moment he shared with Asa at the end was nice.

I feel bad for Kaede sure, but I don't think Rin is a bastard for not choosing her.

at least some here are sane & i agree, i am neutral about hes choice he can chose who he wants, but the hate for him is so stupid, but i do like Asa, she is fun char

considering what Kaede did to him in the past she had no chance of getting him so sins the flashback that showed all it was clear Kaede never had a chance with him, she needs professional help
Sugram22Oct 5, 2017 8:03 AM
Nov 11, 2017 8:21 AM

Dec 2014
I kinda hate the new uniforms....

but man this show is so much realistic I seen many rom coms but this really packed a punch
Nov 20, 2017 8:59 PM
Mar 2017
3 more episodes ?, Shit ...
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
May 11, 2022 11:56 AM

Nov 2010
Rin and this show redeemed itself by finally being direct! It's about goddamned time!

The lesson to be learned here is true love isn't about convenience. I mean, he could've become super powerful and have all the waifus by marrying either Sia or Nerine or both, but he still chose Asa.

I'm still not fond of Asa though. I just don't find her that interesting.
Jun 19, 2022 1:50 AM

Jan 2020
Moving out is probably a good idea, eventually. But Rin is still in high school. I feel like he's just going to make it almost impossible to graduate if he has to work just about full-time to pay for an apartment. If Kaede can ease it up on the yandere tendencies then Rin could simply start doing his own cooking and laundry around the house and plan to move out after graduation.

Looks like the Kaede stuff is resolved and a ship is born from me: KaedexRimu. Let the yuri flow between the two. That'll give Kaede something else to fixate on.

I'm still pretty surprised Rin chose Asa. I'm not used to shows highlighting the characters I prefer over others.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Apr 30, 2023 11:57 AM

Oct 2022
Great episode! I'm really pleased Asa won the Rin bowl. I'm so used to characters being cockblocked in anime, actually seeing a couple get together and share a kiss is so satisfying. 

Three entire episodes being left is making me worry, though... I suspect Asa's sickness is going to come back. 
Sep 29, 2023 2:29 AM

Dec 2022
Does this episode have both a muted colour filter and film grain? Didn't notice that in the previous episodes.

Was comedic to see Rin chasing Kaede down to tell her he loves Asa, even when she already knows this. Why didn't he tell Kaede this before he decided to move out? That's the decision that really upset Kaede. Feels like he's only telling her this now to rub salt in the wound, lol.

Kaede having Primula around is a good idea, at least. Hopefully they continue living together. Primula is still a visible amateur at cooking, but she definitely cares for Kaede, even if it's not in the fanatical way Kaede did for Rin.

Shaded Horizon

Nov 12, 2023 8:09 AM
Tsumi To Kisei

Nov 2021
An obvious ending for an incredible narrative arc and this really makes me very sad, we will now see what will happen to Asa and his illness, let's hope he doesn't die in the end
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babykeiji - Apr 12, 2008

123 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:25 PM

Poll: » Whoelse thought Kaede was going to kill Asa

Lost_Hearts - Dec 9, 2023

0 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 9, 2023 2:53 PM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

voidbringer - May 27, 2008

90 by Saku33 »»
Nov 12, 2023 7:33 AM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

babykeiji - Apr 12, 2008

52 by Saku33 »»
Nov 12, 2023 6:37 AM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

babykeiji - Apr 12, 2008

196 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 29, 2023 4:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.