Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
To Your Eternity
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 20, 2022 2:34 AM

Nov 2011
That's the limits of being humans...and so much that they can't accomplish. Sadly, this also applies to Fushi too since his powers aren't limitless.

Yet, Fushi still demonstrates himself as a selfless character through his efforts.
Stark700Nov 20, 2022 2:39 AM
Nov 20, 2022 3:19 AM

Nov 2010

Nov 20, 2022 4:15 AM

Feb 2020
Poor Kahaku. He's hopelessly in love with Parona/Fushi.

Fushi can bring back the dead? Interesting ability.

Fushi and that doll were cute together. :)

SerafosNov 20, 2022 7:32 AM
Nov 20, 2022 6:31 AM

Nov 2011
I like that Kahaku loves Fushi/Parona (Can't blame him Parona is *chefs kiss*) because it keeps up the common factor of the ancestors being in love with Fushi.

However it seems like his confession will fail. I can see Fushi saying he's only in love with Parona, or just tears into him about what his ancestors have done to him the past. Whether either of these two things happen or not it seems like Kahaku will be filled with disappointment.

So Fushi can revive the dead? or is it he can reanimate the dead? Seems like it's more of bringing them back to life which is...something. I am okay with it if it gets explained a little bit better.
When the Princess got brought back to life Bon lost sight of one of his ghosts...so I thought it may have possessed the princess but she retained her memories. So there's a lot of open ended questions with this episode.

Solid episode overall.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 20, 2022 6:56 AM

Jul 2011
The representative of each religion after seeing Fushi reviving someone. "Well was a good run, but the Guardian people are the right ones, bye."

If Iris is happy, okay then, I guess. But personally I'm with Kahaku on that one, despicable.

Next episode, I'm looking forward to the conversation Fushi and Kahaku, about his family and Parona.
Nov 20, 2022 7:05 AM

Feb 2021
This was honestly a pretty nicely done episode, we got some action scenes in this episode, but that was really it.

Next episode is when the drama starts...
Nov 20, 2022 7:19 AM

May 2015
Damn, Kohaku want that puss so bad.

So Fushi can reanimate dead now? How is that workin?
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 20, 2022 7:48 AM
Jan 2021
this episode certainly changes alot, imagine fushis reaction to that information,... instead of watching his friends die he could just revive them, i wonder if they also become immortal with the powers fushi has.
that ending was a jaw dropper... i wonder what his answer would be?
Nov 20, 2022 8:08 AM
Jan 2021
Not since HunterxHunter have I had the feeling that I was in the middle of watching an epic story unfold. I'm thankful to be along for the ride....
Nov 20, 2022 8:23 AM

Apr 2016
I just don't know... This episode should be pretty important and everything, but it feels boring. Not to mention that all new characters just annoy me.

ED is very cool tho.
Nov 20, 2022 8:27 AM
Jul 2016
Fushi is a bit of a creep with the doll. I guess the doll will never die if he maintains it well enough lmao..

Nov 20, 2022 8:45 AM

Feb 2017
I don't get what needs to be explained about how fushi revive works, we know ghosts are a thing in this world so by making a perfectly healthy body they can just take over it since as fushi pointed out several times he can only create empty vessels, only thing I wonder is if fushi has to do it like he did with the princess every time as a way to kickstart their organs so the ghost is just going inside a dying soulless body.
Nov 20, 2022 8:50 AM

Jul 2017
Bon leads Fushi's expedition to drive away Knockers and bring in more supporters, he's really keen on making this work with the Immortal. Todo loving Bon, well that was news to the prince, that comes with demotion. Still though, the love that Todo has is in the form of admiration, though Fushi can't quite understand the term of love in the romantic sense.

Bon really made Fushi look like the God-sent Jesus the miracle worker on heels, while the Knockers, anywhere that they may attack, be handled quick and consistent. That said, Bon really feels like he needs the approval of everyone, and not long after on their adventures, they meet the first casualty: a young bedridden girl (Anna) with not long to live due to an incurable disease. When all hope is lost, they look to Fushi for resurrection, and he managed to make an empty husk of her that's full of life, sending Bon to fear and reprisal that Fushi could do the impossible. Even conversing with the Beholder, Bon steels his resolve, and that's how he's gonna make sure that all of Fushi's secrets are his and his alone.

Worse still, the spirits that Bon has accompanying him, they torment him for the same treatment, knowing full well that while it's not impossible, it would be tyranny. And for this occasion, they took a rest around the town, with Kahaku still naive in thinking that he would be given a chance to date the feminine Fushi, introducing a romantic novel to him. Todo being a girl named Iris, that angle I wasn't expecting due to his mostly male build, or rather a feminine plump one.

The current gating issue: Kahaku's unexpected (or rather, expected) confession to Fushi, I'm pretty sure that this will be rejected outright.
This was a question to ask alright.
Nov 20, 2022 8:55 AM
Feb 2021
Probably best episode till now imo.
Fushi might not suffer more now.
Since he got the ability to bring dead back to fine overall 8.2/10 episode 🛐
Nov 20, 2022 8:57 AM

Feb 2019
Aw it breaks my heart hearing fushi talk about march. He still misses her so much. Her death was one that hit me really hard. So innocent

Poor Kahaku, bro is down horrendously
Nov 20, 2022 9:26 AM
Dec 2020
The Bon character is terrible. Zero depth or originality. Just a bombastic extravagant character with a shallow purpose in life. I think this show jumped the shark when he was introduced.

Honestly, he just seems like a very poorly copied version of Roswaal from Re:Zero. It doesn't help that the two have the same voice actor.
Nov 20, 2022 9:28 AM
Apr 2016
maybe he learned how to revive people thanks to one of the identities he took?
Nov 20, 2022 9:36 AM

Mar 2020
... What was going on here in this episode???

Fushi and Bon continue their expedition to drive away Nokkers, and in the process, Bon is hailing Fushi as a Jesus figure across the nation, and naturally, people want miracles performed, like leg recovery, and resurrection, the latter, Fushi can actually perform.

The more interesting part of this episode was the parallels between Todo and Bon, keeping secrets because they're afraid their good fortune would be lost if the secrets were told. In all of this, seeing Fushi reminisce about March did hurt a little.

Now to the utter weirdness that was first of all, Todo is actually a girl named Iris? Kahaku proposed to Fushi? Yeah... why does this matter to the story?????

Seeing Nokkers attack the group for the first time, I feel, is a sign of more ominous things to come, well, we'll get to that after Fushi rejects Kahaku, right? RIGHT?
Nov 20, 2022 10:35 AM
Mar 2015
Nice that March got to see that doll Fushi was right she really does like it. Everybody wants a piece of Fushi
Nov 20, 2022 10:53 AM

Nov 2020
Lmao this is getting a little weird... I didn't expect that girl was actually a girl xD!
I wanna know how will Fushi respond to this proposal...
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Nov 20, 2022 11:03 AM
May 2021
All those years gone by and Fushi doesn't know he can bring his loved ones back to life.
That's just sad
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Nov 20, 2022 11:31 AM

Mar 2007
I knew that fat chair guy was actually the girl! Guessing she's the one who sewed the handkerchief for Bon from previous episodes?

Everyone is going to want to use Fushi even more after the resurrection thing! He best be careful.

Next up, the proposal aftermath.

Nov 20, 2022 11:47 AM

Dec 2018
this show has REALLY gotten so good now. Bon is the man, i love the guy and i can see he's going to be super important later. it would really be a bad idea to tell fushi but an even worse idea to keep it a secret. also, i don't think of fushi as a woman or a man, and i think trying to date fushi or marry is a bad idea. can he/she even have kids? i doubt it. best not to get involved in those kinds of things.
Nov 20, 2022 12:03 PM

Nov 2014
Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I guess that by returning a soul to body created by him, Fushi loses that soul. Meaning, he can't turn into that person anymore. This obviously goes against interests of Black Thing. I really doubt Fushi will use this ability, because that'd be rather pointless to bring back dead hundred years later - he'd probably understand selfishness of such action after first one.Nonetheless this will lead to some heavy shit, no doubt about that.

Btw I'm disappointed with Kahaku. He was supposed to be a bro, a change from all the females going after Fushi.
Nov 20, 2022 12:42 PM

May 2018
Kahaku already with the confession, though I doubt it has a chance of succeeding.

Anyhow Fushi has a legendary ability... once he finds it out about it he'll bring all his old friends back to life right?
Nov 20, 2022 12:46 PM
Apr 2022
StateofOhayo said:
this show has REALLY gotten so good now. Bon is the man, i love the guy and i can see he's going to be super important later. it would really be a bad idea to tell fushi but an even worse idea to keep it a secret. also, i don't think of fushi as a woman or a man, and i think trying to date fushi or marry is a bad idea. can he/she even have kids? i doubt it. best not to get involved in those kinds of things.

I suppose Fushi can. Since the Beholder said that he’s reproductive Organs work, as he was in the nameless boy form. Then why shouldn’t it be the same when he’s a girl?
I wonder what happens with the child if he transforms.
Nov 20, 2022 1:23 PM
Apr 2022
ThirteenEleven said:
Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I guess that by returning a soul to body created by him, Fushi loses that soul. Meaning, he can't turn into that person anymore. This obviously goes against interests of Black Thing. I really doubt Fushi will use this ability, because that'd be rather pointless to bring back dead hundred years later - he'd probably understand selfishness of such action after first one.Nonetheless this will lead to some heavy shit, no doubt about that.

Btw I'm disappointed with Kahaku. He was supposed to be a bro, a change from all the females going after Fushi.

I think Kahaku is different from his ancestors in many points, you don’t choose how you are born and you don’t choose your ancestors. but that’s something for the next episodes.
Nov 20, 2022 1:28 PM

Aug 2014
Very weird vibes this season has been giving into the anime specially the romance part. Really hope that gets fixed cuz it is creepy.
Also, we can see March alive!!! and GUGU!!!! I really can't wait to see how this comes around to happen.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Nov 20, 2022 1:53 PM
Mar 2021
StateofOhayo said:
can he/she even have kids? i doubt it. best not to get involved in those kinds of things.
Black one said in previous episode that Fushi's reproduction system is working properly.
Nov 20, 2022 2:10 PM

Nov 2017
Yoooo so everyone can at some point all return back to life let's gooooo!! :D

plz @ me
Nov 20, 2022 2:23 PM
Feb 2022
What are these emotion
Nov 20, 2022 2:47 PM

Nov 2012
I knew Todo was female.
Bon can see Mr. Black. I guess he can hear him, too.
Next week's episode is looking pretty painful.
Nov 20, 2022 2:57 PM

Dec 2015
This season has been complete garbage. Absolute disappointment after the near masterpiece the first season was.
Nov 20, 2022 3:09 PM
Jul 2018
Oh boy.... this episode definitely got that 'make it or break it'-kind of traits to it due to Fushi's controversial fresh ability.

I'm not sure if I'm more shocked about ^that or the fact that Bon can see Mr. Black.

Brutal cliffhanger as well but already looking forward to the next episode!
Nov 20, 2022 3:32 PM

Jul 2020
I feel like the series is losing what makes it interesting more and more. The first two episodes of this season were really good, but since then things have gone downhill. I’m really starting to miss when this world felt more vast and exciting.

"Truth is always a cruel thing."

Nov 20, 2022 3:35 PM

Jun 2015
Who wouldn't want to tap Fushi! Just for disclaimer purposes no. I'd do both but what your thinking is wrong. That bears so massive
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 20, 2022 5:11 PM

Mar 2020
they really debating fushi's gender lmao
Nov 20, 2022 5:27 PM

Aug 2015
good ep, i feel like the pacing of this anime is getting better each ep.
Nov 20, 2022 5:46 PM

Sep 2014
now that we dont skip 50 years per episode its definitely better. I wonder if Fushi even can revive people who have been dead forever now, with all the focus on it I guess he can. Atleast those whose ghosts still follow him, probably.

Poor Kahaku is going to regret ever asking when Fushi unloads the backstory on him.

Anyone else curious about the Nokker in Kahakus arm? It has been alive since the beginning now and seems more capable than a few eps ago. I wonder when it will be able to communicate.

Also who is that blond girl in the outro, its not Gugus friend so new character I guess.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 20, 2022 6:12 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The more episodes you watch the less you know about Fushi in reality, so it turns out Fushi can resurrect people??? It's changing everything, and it's still not clear about Fushi's gender of course, but probably that the confession at the end is gonna change it
Nov 20, 2022 9:04 PM
Jul 2018
So Fushi didn't even have to buy the doll to have it. Must be so convenient to be able to just touch something in a store and be able to reproduce it. I'd never have to pay for games, manga, or anything again!

camg39612 said:
The Bon character is terrible. Zero depth or originality. Just a bombastic extravagant character with a shallow purpose in life. I think this show jumped the shark when he was introduced.

Honestly, he just seems like a very poorly copied version of Roswaal from Re:Zero. It doesn't help that the two have the same voice actor.

Gosh yes, Bon is seriously irritating and selfish. He's so corny and flamboyant, he just ruins the more serious tone of the show which I preferred in earlier episodes. For me, everything went downhill even farther back than that - since the Jananda arc of season 1 started in episode 13, I believe.

monder_Killer17 said:
StateofOhayo said:

I suppose Fushi can. Since the Beholder said that he’s reproductive Organs work, as he was in the nameless boy form. Then why shouldn’t it be the same when he’s a girl?

That's exactly my question. Say he got pregnant in the Parona form; wouldn't the fetus just vanish if he had to change into another form? Like, he'd no longer be pregnant when transforming back?
Nov 20, 2022 9:52 PM

May 2020
Fushi could recreate humans, but he doesn't realise it. Also, there is a high possibility that the recreated humans are immortal. It's just a matter of time before he learns of this side of his power. Bon is selfish, yes, but not a bad person by nature. He need not be a selfless saint either. Kahaku's proposal is creepy, and most probably he will be viewed as creepy by Fushi. Since Fushi has no gender, it also means he can be both a man and a woman. He can father a child just as much as bear a child. I wonder if he would ever do that though.
Nov 21, 2022 12:14 AM
Aug 2020
FrozenRaider said:
Damn, Kohaku want that puss so bad.

So Fushi can reanimate dead now? How is that workin?

Best guess is that by creating the physical body to souls of those following him can enter them bringing them to life.

monder_Killer17 said:
StateofOhayo said:

I assume that if he transformed into another form while pregnant that the fetus would be absorbed into his bodies cellular structure and just kind of vanish.
Nov 21, 2022 12:23 AM

Dec 2020
RPWPA said:
Very weird vibes this season has been giving into the anime specially the romance part. Really hope that gets fixed cuz it is creepy.

Glad I'm not the only one creeped out. Maybe it's because Fushi's so innocent, but the idea of him hooking up with someone -- let alone having a kid! -- is so icky to me. Technically I suppose he doesn't have a gender. Kahaku talking about him developing his "femininity" feels like he's pushing his own desires onto a person that hasn't actually expressed that themselves. I probably just prefer him in his white-haired form because I'm most used to that one. But, yeah, I definitely don't want to see him in a romantic relationship regardless. That was not on my wishlist for this season.
Nov 21, 2022 2:58 AM
Mar 2018
So, that homosexuality erasure was a low blow. Didn't like that twist one bit. "She was a girl all along" - ugh.

But more surprising was the fact that Fushi can indeed bring the dead back to life. That's a pretty big reveal, which will change the tone of the story going forward. Of course, there are going to be complications - maybe they become immortal, and most likely it means Fushi loses them forever. Regardless, it won't be something Fushi will be able to do regularly, and not being able to will crush him.

Also unsure how I feel about the doll thing. It kinda makes sense, in a way, given Fushi isn't really human. He/it was originally essentially an inanimate object, and even after so long there are still human things (like love, and sexual attraction) it can't comprehend properly. So falling in love for a doll... Is not out of question. But it's a bit disappointing.

Looking forward to when Fushi finally meets with his dear companions again. At least, I hope that's what will happen.
Nov 21, 2022 4:47 AM

May 2021
The future doesn't look good for Kahaku. Was kinda rooting for him.

Nov 21, 2022 8:59 AM

Dec 2018
Shimura27 said:
StateofOhayo said:
can he/she even have kids? i doubt it. best not to get involved in those kinds of things.
Black one said in previous episode that Fushi's reproduction system is working properly.

wouldn't the child have the genes of whoever he had turned into? the whole thing is really creepy and i don't want to see anymore of the "romance" stuff, it just doesn't feel like it fits. i mean, i guess it's like an obvious question so i understand, but i really hope fushi avoids it.
Nov 21, 2022 10:25 AM
Feb 2022
It was ok there wasn't really anything that exciting in this ep. He got a doll, no new form. The only thing that really happened was Bon found out Fushi can bring back the dead and withhold the information to himself.
Nov 21, 2022 1:59 PM

Mar 2020
Fushi's first love is the most wholesome thing ever
Nov 21, 2022 3:47 PM

Jan 2021
I honestly don't blame Kahaku, Fushi pulls of Parona rather well.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2022

101 by fathandz »»
May 31, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Mar 12, 2023

178 by HiGHFLYiN9 »»
May 18, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2023

109 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 12, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Usopp8000 - Feb 26, 2023

82 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 12, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2023

132 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 12, 3:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.