Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2022 6:01 PM

Nov 2018
Yang already has the invasion plan sussed out. If you pause on the frame where Yang is writing the letter to Bucock (9:53), you can see exactly what Yang is thinking. Surprisingly good English from Yang as well, I.G must've brought in a native speaker for this scene

Yang is a fellow Cheese Puffs enjoyer.

Alcohol is definitely humanity's best friend.

Julian leaves Iserlohn Fortress.

We head back to the Empire next episode

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Nov 17, 2022 7:07 PM

Jan 2011
Yang pretty much told Yulian that they might really loose the war this time an even to not take the existance of the Free Planets Aliance Alliance for granted, he really sounded defeated at some points

some things i disagree with Yang here, indeed its scary that the ideological reason for the FPA existence, the Goldenbaum Dinasty, might dissapear soon but thats no reason for the FPA to dissapear as well
i really liked the conflict about Merkats as now he seems a bit more embracing of democratic ideals despite his lifelong servitude towards autocratic leaderships, with him gone Yang side is even weaker
Nov 17, 2022 11:34 PM
Jan 2019
an amazing episode. I almost cried when Julian was leaving, I felt bad for both him an Yang. also the dialogues are so great and some jokes between them were cool. A nation is a tool ! there is nothing such as an absolute devil!
Nov 18, 2022 1:38 AM

Jun 2013
Is it just me, or is Julian's voice acting way too stoic in this episode? I remember him being much more animated in the corresponding OVA episode.
Nov 18, 2022 7:15 AM

Jan 2009
Yang predicted the plan of Reinhard to use Fezzan as a way for war against the Alliance eh so maybe he can think of a counter attack for that

the rest of the episode is about saying goodbye to Julian though and this awesome quote saying "a nation is just a tool"

Nov 18, 2022 9:03 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ah, he said it! "Can I abandon a friend?" I was looking forward to that phrase since the Neue These started.

Cazellnus wife and daughters look completely different than in the ova. I like this look better
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 18, 2022 10:52 AM
Dec 2020
silversaint said:
Yang pretty much told Yulian that they might really loose the war this time an even to not take the existance of the Free Planets Aliance Alliance for granted, he really sounded defeated at some points

some things i disagree with Yang here, indeed its scary that the ideological reason for the FPA existence, the Goldenbaum Dinasty, might dissapear soon but thats no reason for the FPA to dissapear as well
i really liked the conflict about Merkats as now he seems a bit more embracing of democratic ideals despite his lifelong servitude towards autocratic leaderships, with him gone Yang side is even weaker

I think he was more referring to the FPA in it’s current state. It’s a tool that was made to end the Goldenbaum dynasty tyranny over the empire’s population and now that the dynasty is gone it can either change or become obsolete. And considering the recent events it’s quickly looking like the latter.
Nov 18, 2022 12:47 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Julian and Yang have another heart to heart conversation before departing to Fezzan. Yang already knows Reinhard is using Fezzan as a way to declare war on the Free Planets Alliance by splitting his forces in two and isolate the Iserlohn Fortress.
Nov 18, 2022 2:42 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi can see the long hand of the Duke slinking through Fezzan he is not fooled at all
landofthekwtNov 18, 2022 2:46 PM
Nov 18, 2022 4:19 PM
Jan 2014
Great episode, even though just like the previous episode it was mainly talking. We saw Yang and Julian's relationship develop further into the natural direction it was going to go after Julian displayed his talents after taking the initiative in Yang's absence during the defense of Iserlohn last season, and we saw a few of the major characters on Iserlohn get fleshed out a bit more. I really appreciate how the show takes its time to give a lot of the very large cast some development without rushing through the story.
Nov 21, 2022 4:43 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a bitter goodbye!!!!
Will Yang see Julian again? kekeke
Nov 24, 2022 4:40 PM
Oct 2016
Saying goodbye to Julian. A whole episode dedicated to saying goodbye to Julian. Everyone giving their condolences to Julian at he departed to Fezzan. Its bittersweet since Julian won't be next to Yang anymore but also good since Julian can give Yang inside information about what Fezzan is up to. Reinhard will surely use th Fezzan corridor to enter the Free Planets Alliance airspace. Its only a matter of time. Julian getting advice from everyone was funny. They each have their own ideas about whay Julian should look out for and how he should conduct her himself. Julian meanwhile just wants to be of use to Yang. Longing to stay by Yang side to be on the presumably front lines. Iserlohn would be the obvious choice of where to invade the Free Planets Alliance but Fezzan is the underhanded choice. Yang had successfully snuffed out that Reinhard has made the deal with Fezzan to invaded front that side. Julian fan be his inside man on Fezzan. It's risky but worth it if any information can get to Yang even a fraction of a second sooner.
Nov 29, 2022 6:21 AM

Jan 2011
dannymctavish said:
silversaint said:

I think he was more referring to the FPA in it’s current state. It’s a tool that was made to end the Goldenbaum dynasty tyranny over the empire’s population and now that the dynasty is gone it can either change or become obsolete. And considering the recent events it’s quickly looking like the latter.

the FPAs goverment has certainly become obsolete, it looks like its on path to create its own dictatorship an the population seems like it doesnt care or dont want to be involved on fixing the situation, the current leader Trunith hasnt show his true intention yet but it does look like he wants more power than what a democracy allows
Jan 30, 2023 7:57 PM

Aug 2014
My gosh, episode 7 (43) and this episode 8 (44) have been UNBEARABLY SLOW.  At least with the dub, these episodes are digestible, but no dub so far.

Yes, goodbye Julian, and dont come back. thank you.  

The problem with watching the FPA in comparison to the Empire, is that with the FPA it all just feels too "chill", too "relaxed", like if there is no tension among them unless they are in the battlefield. So watching them most of the time is just unbearable. 

With the Empire, everything most of the time feels like there is tension, pressure, since they are always having to watch their back. 

The problem is that instead of the anime showing us the MC of the FPA clashing with the government, most of their time is just spent doing mundane stuff and having pointless mundane conversations
oooo3333Jan 30, 2023 8:12 PM
Jul 24, 2023 1:41 PM

Aug 2019
Julian is growing so fast, he’s almost as tall as Yang. Aww, I’m glad they had a conversation about Julian going to Fezzan. These moments are truly precious.

“A nation is but a mere tool” Yang is always spitting

Of course, Yang has already guessed the whole plan between Reinhard and Fezzan.

Julian leaving go me feeling emotional. He’s so grown now.

I’m still uncomfortable the Alex keeps pushing his daughter Julian. She’s a literal child compare to Julian who is almost 17.
Nov 25, 2023 3:43 AM

Oct 2017
Yang and Julian is right on the money about Phezzan but unfortunately not much they can do. Frederica and Cazhelnu being worried about whether Yang will be able to live alone fine lol, sweet actually. Both Merkatz and Julian has now left iserlorhn. Everyone being there to say goodbye to Julian shows how popular he was among the people there.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Sakubou Episode 12 Discussion

von_Lohengramm - Dec 15, 2022

40 by Myrello »»
Feb 1, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Sakubou Episode 11 Discussion

_cjessop19_ - Dec 8, 2022

22 by cchigu »»
Jan 31, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Sakubou Episode 10 Discussion

_cjessop19_ - Dec 1, 2022

21 by MegamiRem »»
Nov 25, 2023 5:15 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Sakubou Episode 9 Discussion

_cjessop19_ - Nov 24, 2022

18 by MegamiRem »»
Nov 25, 2023 4:43 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Sakubou Episode 7 Discussion

_cjessop19_ - Nov 10, 2022

19 by MegamiRem »»
Nov 24, 2023 3:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.