Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2022 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
This is probably one of their most important and largest operation yet. No wonder Takeshi seems uneasy.

They've also built a lot into the strategies of this operation involving their fortress and tactics. Not impressed by the pacing of this anime still. Way too much talking and planning but I guess we're finally getting the juicy part soon.
Nov 16, 2022 11:00 AM

Jan 2009
a whole episode of preparation eh a calm before the storm i hope next episode will be action pack
Nov 16, 2022 11:03 AM
May 2016
Stark700 said:
This is probably one of their most important and largest operation yet. No wonder Takeshi seems uneasy.

They've also built a lot into the strategies of this operation involving their fortress and tactics. Not impressed by the pacing of this anime still. Way too much talking and planning but I guess we're finally getting the juicy part soon.

*takeru
anyway, the culmination of all the previous episodes is about to happen. This is a high point in the VN too.
Nov 16, 2022 11:07 AM
Oct 2022
Was I the only one who thought the graphics suddenly got a TONS better? Dunno I just felt like compared to the episodes before it's like I watched a whole new(more beautiful) series. Definitely something changed on their part
Nov 16, 2022 11:09 AM

Jan 2009
Miamitoibiza said:
Was I the only one who thought the graphics suddenly got a TONS better? Dunno I just felt like compared to the episodes before it's like I watched a whole new(more beautiful) series. Definitely something changed on their part

anime production have like different teams of animators each episode anyway and there are like 3-5 different animation teams usually in a 1 cour anime and they do rotation on what episode should be done
Nov 16, 2022 11:09 AM
Oct 2022
Also I liked this episode :D getting a sneek peak of Ikaruge and the Chicken Driver guy (dunno his name now sorry) was nice, also saw Isumi's sisters and all.
Nov 16, 2022 11:30 AM
Oct 2022
deg said:
Miamitoibiza said:

anime production have like different teams of animators each episode anyway and there are like 3-5 different animation teams usually in a 1 cour anime and they do rotation on what episode should be done

They should use this one forever honestly lol, even the TSF felt so real, not edgy CGI like
Nov 16, 2022 11:36 AM

Jan 2009
Miamitoibiza said:
deg said:

They should use this one forever honestly lol, even the TSF felt so real, not edgy CGI like

its impossible for 1 animation team to do all 13 episodes though heck im sure there are episodes that are outsource again too like its a common thing for anime production to do outsourcing especially this days
Nov 16, 2022 11:40 AM

Jul 2019
CGI was pretty good last season, so i'm pretty excited for the action in the next episode.
Nov 16, 2022 12:12 PM

Jul 2014
My feelings about season 1 ranged from kinda upset to lukewarm. So I am quite surprised by the fact that I am really digging what's going on during season 2. It's partly because the story is starting to hit it's stride but, more importantly, because of better pacing, production and writing. I feel like what drags season 2 down the most is the disastrous way they decided to go about things during season 1, but in a vacuum, this season has been so much better than I anticipated.

Now that it's reached this point where I'm starting to fully enjoy the show, the biggest kick in the teeth for me would be it not getting a 3rd season... So, as an eternal pessimist, I'll already start mentally preparing myself for that.
GraineNov 16, 2022 12:26 PM
Nov 16, 2022 12:48 PM
Jan 2019
Man this one was full of fan service. I enjoy all these tiny little nods they put in some of these episodes and this one had tons of them. Henri Gietzen is probably the last person I expected to see.

The show could have done with more character moments for the squad, like some of what they did this episode, but alas.. Looking forward to Wow Cool Robot next week.
Nov 16, 2022 1:02 PM

Jul 2014
Miamitoibiza said:
yeah but I mean how could they end it? My guess 3rd season or a movie. Episode 8 only sado start, how could it reach the end? no way possible

Exactly. I'm afraid that we will not get a conclusion and the show will just be canceled.

Arthuro-Ray said:
There's the VN alternative, its production quality is top notch and the attachment you get from it all is on another level, worth a try for someone who is already enjoying the anime.

Yeah, I'm familiar with the VN and it's one of my all-time favorites. I'd say I'm a pretty big fan of this franchise.
Nov 16, 2022 1:50 PM

Jun 2015
'Somehow, that ticks me off'.. I give this eps one sqeeapig!

for my own personal rankings given how awesome this season has dropped and so many epic shows playing in it, I've had to move beyond my top ranking of squeeiverse, into a full fat squee which includes the whole hog. 1. sqeeapig = epic beyond the squeeiverse. seeapig2 = story is total destroying it (Ill not go back back and rank but there is a few show bring it this season). seeqapig3 = destroys all conception of reality and slaps so hard when the story that eps ends with you need to rewatch it several times because its that awesome for the feels. Now I know I only give this a seeapig, but its already rated at seeapig2. My new ranking has only become a necessity due to how epic this story it is!

Roch2001Nov 16, 2022 1:54 PM
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 16, 2022 5:56 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This was a good buildup episode for what’s to come, I could sense so many death flags from the conversations had here lol, but it’s not like it’s hard to predict since we’re in a world with giant alien critters that like doing funny little things to the human race. I’m definitely looking forward to where it goes from here tho, it’s been a decent season so far, but it’s about time we got to the mecha action again, and we actually get to see alien fighting this time and not infighting.

It’s also cool to see the use of tanks and battleships, nice to know that the mechs didn’t replace our original weapons of war.
Nov 17, 2022 12:19 AM
Aug 2020
Nice that we are finally getting to the action.

I also really liked that Isumi was in a harem light novel story of her own. Hope she wins.
Nov 18, 2022 12:42 AM

Mar 2015
Boring stage setting ep. Skipped most of it -_- Yay for Sumika waking scene though!
Nov 18, 2022 6:44 AM
Jul 2017
Great episode all around. They did skip over some things like the conversation between Akane and Takeru but it all flowed quite naturally. Nice that we're getting to Sadogashima next episode. The MLA anime shines the most with its action scenes so that's nice.

BUT CAN WE TALK ABOUT ALL THE CAMEOS THIS EPISODE? We got Ikaruga AND the entire Kimi Ita squad this time around. If they ever do a season 3, maybe we'll get a Takayuki cameo too.
Nov 19, 2022 4:30 PM
Apr 2022
stop blushing purple girl, come back when u r a main heroine
Nov 23, 2022 6:42 PM
Jan 2018
The Cyber Newtype even gets a Mobile Armor to play with. Oh Sumika, please have a nicer ending than a Gundam character would get. Like her new body tho. You can't do much more to a brain unless you read Dune's Jihad prequel books. Turns out a brain can actually still have it pretty rough.
Dec 9, 2022 8:33 PM

Jan 2008
I did a re-watch on Ep 19/S2EP7, it's a flashback to TE Episode 1

More topics from this board

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dailybread - Oct 12, 2022

85 by CafeAlpha »»
May 5, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion

dailybread - Oct 5, 2022

39 by Otakuwhip »»
Jan 27, 7:15 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2022

31 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 11, 2023 11:50 AM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2022

40 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 11, 2023 6:11 AM

» Worth watching?

TacoQZ - Oct 21, 2022

26 by otakuops7 »»
Jun 2, 2023 7:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.