Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 15, 2022 3:14 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked at approximately 00:40 (JST) This thread is now unlocked

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Refrain from multi-posting consecutively. Use the edit button if necessary.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.
anime-primeNov 15, 2022 7:40 AM
Nov 15, 2022 7:40 AM

May 2020
Japanese love sticking around number eight for some reason, don't they? This time it's the eighth floor. Working of a devil and now the gang is fully trapped on the eighth floor, neither can they climb or descend nor get outside with the means of rooms or windows. Yes, a nightmare indeed for normal beings like Kobeni and Arai to stick with the not-so-normal rest of the bunch in these times.

Aki and Himeno go back a long way, I mean it was already obvious after the last episode but a bit more background telling is always welcome. Also not going to lie, feels good when it’s a woman who made you a tobacco addict( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The one responsible for everything made its appearance, eternity devil. Straight up demanding for killing Denji.. and well people in this series certainly don’t hold back when it’s about their self interests lol. Everyone baited Denji to the devil but hey Aki was the sole one who was against it.. got the consequences sadly.

AND THE MOMENT, Denji jumping off… fuck you cliffhanger.

The most average ED till now, this 6th one quite honestly.

Jun 2019
Probably one of the most cinematic episodes in this show. That was so fucking good. From OST to direction to storyboard. Perfect. So good. Denji sleeping like that was so cute. Himeno and Aki's backstory was very nice as well. Kobeni was traumatized to the core. LOL. Also, loved how Aki and Himeno shared that cigarette. Kinda cute. The VAs are doing such an impressive job.

Aki is a great guy and seeing Himeno crying because of her past was so sad to see. She was about to lose him there. I felt so bad for her. I love Himeno so much. Finally, Denji is about to go into action. Great episode, once again. The ED was great as well. Could've used a bit more visuals but I don't wanna act like a spoiled brat. LOL

Jul 2017
The endless 8th floor going in loops, and other than the cowardly Kobeni freaking out, it's no doubt the work of a Devil putting the Devil Hunters in this state. Every door, window and ceiling, entrapping them.

Going through what they know, this trap is complex enough to keep them forever, and Kobeni, sad sad girl, her breaking down is a delight to Fiends like Power. But given that the timing all stopped at the same exact point of 8:18, Denji...chooses to fall asleep, and he really did. Everyone's worn out and through their breaking points, but not Power, and certainly not Aki, who's looking forward to kill the Gun Devil. As for his past with Himeno, his deeds sure surprise the Devil Hunter used with partners driving to their deaths. Interesting how Himeno introuced him to smoking, and that in itself is correct as Denji surmised that it's an indirect kiss.

The problem: the Eternity Devil that Power slained before, while it was responsible for trapping them, it grew in enormous size. But to get out of it, Denji must be offered as a sacrifice, which Kobeni succumbed to the pressure. But if neither Aki's Fox Devil nor Himeno's Ghost Devil can relieve them being in the Devil's stomach, the only way is to kill Denji, which would benefit it. To kill or not to kill, Kobeni really lost her consciousness to catch the best possible action, though Aki shielded Denji to preserve both Denji's and his life.

Himeno's vision is coming back to life, and Denji sold his soul to the Eternity Devil, seeing that they're out of options. Denji knows the Devil's weaknesses, and still goes for it either way, knowing that he'll come back alive. What a devilish idea to jump to death's throes, which is something that only Denji can do.

Kanaria's ED is painfully average, nothing to show of its prowess.
KANLen09Nov 15, 2022 9:45 AM

Nov 2011
Lol, Himeno has a cute laugh. So glad to see she gets all that screen time for her personality and role this episode.

On the action and horror side, I love what they did with the episode too. Just the eerie style of those monster designs in the hallway gave me the chills. Oh and ED theme song this week was cool.
Nov 15, 2022 7:41 AM
Aug 2021
all the aspects that come together from the chaoticness and others in this episode make it the best episode so far. the ending theme is still on repeat.
Nov 15, 2022 7:44 AM
May 2016
GOD they did that last page of Denji dropping into Eternity's jaws so fucking well. There were some really nice creative flourishes in this ep on top of it looking gorgeous to boot. Great OST too. Something about the ED reminds me of oldschool vocaloid, the visuals too, I actually really dig it. Still something else entirely that we get 1 brand new ED every episode.
ModernoirNov 15, 2022 7:49 AM
Nov 15, 2022 7:46 AM

Jan 2018
Another freaking good episode, everything was adapted so well and the animation is amazing as ever! Especially when they left us off with a cliff hanger when Denji jumped.

Nov 15, 2022 8:08 AM
Jun 2021
W/5🐐.That jump into eternity's mouth was so well animated damn🔥🐐.Another very good ep with great character acting,great effort on smallest to smallest details(cloth fabric and hair movement),kobeni's va is so good😭,man.Ed was my least fav out of 6 tho🗿.Hyped for next ep!!
Nov 15, 2022 8:23 AM

Nov 2016
The Eternity Devil arc reminds of Room 1408. Only Denji would think of sleeping in a situation like this xD

Kobeni on the other hand totally lost it lmao

The ending was sick, can't wait for the next episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 15, 2022 8:42 AM

Jul 2022
Great episode. This is one of my favorite arcs. Protagonists confined to a small space forced to work shit out together is one of my favorite tropes.
Nov 15, 2022 8:43 AM

Jul 2019
Another week, another banger. Kanaria's ending is also really good.
Nov 15, 2022 8:44 AM

Dec 2020
Amazing episode, every episode feels like the quality gets better and better it felt like I was watching a movie with the how good it is.

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓯𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓰𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓿𝓪𝓵𝓾𝓮.
𝓘𝓷 𝓲𝓽𝓼 𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓫𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓶𝓹𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓫𝓮 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵,
𝓲𝓽𝓼 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰.

Nov 15, 2022 8:46 AM
Dec 2021
With the amount of shit that happens to Denji, it's surprising that he isn't a villain. His backstory was depressing, his only friend died, and people and devils hate him. I would've gone ballistic.
My Candies:
Nov 15, 2022 8:55 AM

Nov 2019
Not sure if I'm on board with Power's 100% taxes increase. But I guess I can support her, whatever. Also, the nerve to blame Denji while she still has food left on her face haha

Nov 15, 2022 8:57 AM
Sep 2015
I feel like this episode, or this arc's duty is to let the audience know that Aki has a very powerful sword, but it seems like Aki is not gonna use this sword for this demon. It gonna needs a bigger trigger than this.
But Aki and Denji make a perfect couple, no matter how much Denji yearn for touching some part of women, Aki already give his whole body for (protecting) Denji.
Nov 15, 2022 9:03 AM

Jul 2012
Looks like the Eternity Devil got stronger because of Arai and Kobeni's fear. Even Himeno sort of lost it at the end there. Cool moment for Denji to jump into the lion's den like that.
Nov 15, 2022 9:05 AM
Oct 2018
Best bro Aki!! Although he doesn't say it, it really shows that he cares for Denji. Also love seeing Power stopped Aki's bleeding. Love this trio!!
LlexaNov 15, 2022 9:11 AM
Nov 15, 2022 9:07 AM

May 2016
why are the gogoanime sites all 12 minutes long?
Nov 15, 2022 9:08 AM
Jun 2019
I seriously can't understand how CSM's animation gets better every episode. I thought that they would start showing some signs of production crisis by episode 5 with all those SoL and action scenes together in episode 4. The ED visuals too, especially episode 5's ED.

I'm actually getting worried for Ryu Nakayama; animation quality this high is really odd to see in TV anime. You'd usually see this kind of effort put in anime movies like Makoto Shinkai's, but they somehow pull it off 5 times in a row with CSM.
Hi
Nov 15, 2022 9:13 AM
Jan 2022
kobeni's wierd little noises are funny and amazing
Nov 15, 2022 9:14 AM

Jun 2017
probably my favorite episode so far, they really did this arc justice!!
Nov 15, 2022 9:18 AM
Jul 2022
Pretty good episode 8/10.
Nov 15, 2022 9:21 AM

Apr 2017
Amazing episode in terms of direction, Inception references! I wanted to watch the battle but the last scene was masterfully done.
Hi
Nov 15, 2022 9:22 AM

Nov 2016
NotSnoc said:
kobeni's wierd little noises are funny and amazing

I enjoy it more than I should. The poor girls suffering is one of the highest forms of comedy and Powers reaction only makes it better.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 15, 2022 9:25 AM
May 2021
Ffs the blue balls has struck once again, i don't mind edging myself but not when someone else does it to me!!
Nov 15, 2022 9:26 AM
Jan 2019
Perfect episode. I mean that's about as good as I could ever ask adapting this content. They actually blew me away this episode. Also ED was by far my least favorite. But with 12 Endings, they can't all be perfect. We still have like eve, tk , Aimer, and queen bee
KillerCrocXNov 15, 2022 9:30 AM
Nov 15, 2022 9:27 AM
Jan 2022
Ending the episode like that was just cruel

Jan 2021
Oh come on the episode can’t just end like that on a cliffhanger next episode is gonna be sick
May 2021
It's pacing was to slow, nothing really happened, this whole episode could have taken as much as half this episode for sure.
Nov 15, 2022 9:28 AM
Jul 2018
My boy Aki saved Denji from getting stabbed. It sucks having to wait weekly for these episodes, I'm going to go mad waiting.
Nov 15, 2022 9:30 AM
boop boop

Mar 2018
insane animations this week wtf
死だけが確実
Nov 15, 2022 9:31 AM

Apr 2019
The best episode yet. They are really doing the manga justice. Himeno is such a good character. I really like her. Aki was best bro this episode. He saved Denji's ass when everyone else was ready to feed it to the devil. Kobeni's suffering is one of my favorite thing about CSM. I can't wait for her to suffer more.

That eternity devil animation was way better than I imagined. That thing genuinely gave me the creeps. Mappa is really going crazy with this production.

Overall rating:-5/5
Nov 15, 2022 9:32 AM
May 2019
I’ll have kids by the time the anime catches up to the manga with this pacing. Great art but they’re really stretching certain scenes…
Nov 15, 2022 9:33 AM
May 2021
Good ep, love the ending too!!
Nov 15, 2022 9:33 AM
Jan 2019
Atrabotke said:
It's pacing was to slow, nothing really happened, this whole episode could have taken as much as half this episode for sure.
They adapted 3 chapters, plus what would you cut? Everything was important here for story or characters
Nov 15, 2022 9:34 AM
May 2019
KillerCrocX said:
Atrabotke said:
They adapted 3 chapters, plus what would you cut? Everything was important here for story or characters

I guess we were just all really excited for what happens next and wanted to see it this week 😭
Nov 15, 2022 9:34 AM

Apr 2021
No fight scenes :(
So it's next week huh. Well whatever this battle is gonna be one heck of a fight!!! Aki's character is awesome. He and Denji and Power are pretty much the best characters in this show. I wish Power all the very best on her quest to get the Nobel prize. Anyways I can't wait to watch next week's episode.
Nov 15, 2022 9:36 AM

Mar 2020
This episode was quite interesting, as this new devil was instilling fear into some of devil hunters, causing them to turn on Denji real quick. Fighting devils is quite the psychological warfare, because the more fear there is, the stronger the devils get. Really liking Himeno and Aki's character so far, as they're doing everything they can to help Denji out, while Arai and Kobeni are too scared to do anything. I think I see why people meme on Kobeni so much, with all her screaming. In terms of the ED, probably my least favourite so far.

With Denji jumping into the devil, it's sure to be some bloody chaos next episode.
Nov 15, 2022 9:37 AM

Jun 2015
Pure kino. Best episode so far, and for the first time i'm looking forward to the next episode.

Jan 2018
Himeno is quickly becoming my favorite. She wishes for nothing but the best for her partner.

No fight scene until next week. :(

Oct 2022
Great episodes love seeing the characters interactions between each other. Aki really is a good guy protecting Denji!
Also love Kobenis seiyuu her noises are great haha

Jan 2019
I bet quite a vocal minority in this discussion thread will hate Kobeni, I think she's hilarious. Slower pacing than I expected, but it pays off by not rushing any of the important moments between the characters. Also the Eternity Devil is insanely animated, we got the MAPPA flex once again
Nov 15, 2022 9:40 AM
Oct 2016
It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that Aki is the only person handling this situation rationally. Arai and Kobeni, bless their souls, are way overreacting, Himeno is being excessively causal and leaning on Aki too much, Denji and Power are just sitting around waiting to something to happen. Meanwhile Aki is actually doing something about it and trying to find solutions instead of sitting on his ass or freaking out. If there was ever a case for why he's the best character it would be this episode. Power talking about becoming prime minister was hilarious. Winning her Nobel Prize and implementing a crazy high sakes tax to destroy humanity, she understands humans pretty well to be honest cause that would work. Himeno being absolutely stupid in holding Aki back from using his sword. Yes it does really bad damage to his lifespan but that's Aki decision to make. Look what her holding him back wrought, dude got stabbed in the side cause Himeno was being overprotective. Now Denji gotta save the day since stupidity took out the only person trying to help solve the situation.
Apr 2022
this girl is like the cliffhanger :D
Oct 2016
0451 said:
Himeno is quickly becoming my favorite. She wishes for nothing but the best for her partner.

No fight scene until next week. :(

She let him get stabbed. That's not wishing for their best
Nov 15, 2022 9:42 AM

Apr 2016
Kobeni was the highlight of the episode for me. Her antics never get tiring.
Nov 15, 2022 9:42 AM

May 2019
Kobeni was freaking hilarious this episode!
Nov 15, 2022 9:43 AM

Feb 2022
Kobeni was crazy this chapter and I love that

I can't wait until the next chapter!!!!
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Nov 15, 2022 9:44 AM
Apr 2021
Today was episode 6 but it was really good
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

987 by Johny_Hotbody »»
2 hours ago

» Crunchyroll awards

Naveen6662246 - Yesterday

11 by Naveen6662246 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 25, 2022

860 by RafaKojiro »»
May 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1141 by Hasanzade_S »»
May 12, 6:41 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 1, 2022

783 by xriceball26 »»
May 7, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.