Forum Settings
Forums
The Ghost in the Shell
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 13, 2022 5:26 PM
Mar 2021
The series really should've just stayed in the same direction as the movie and not kill the original Motoko, she was the only Motoko I liked and why is that all cartoons become computer animated or badly hand-drawn after being so well hand-drawn once?
Nov 13, 2022 5:59 PM

Nov 2020
i agree that the movie was better, because it is mostly better condensed and just much rewatchable while more on to the point with its theme compared to the series which consist of around 26 episodes and man its is exhausting. But i gotta say the series is just as great. the movies are slightly better. Regarding the animation i mean both series and the movies are almost equally good
Nov 13, 2022 8:05 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Unpopular opinion: I’m not a big fan of either šŸ˜¬ maybe 6/10 for me. Not sure why but I never really felt much watching Ghost in the Shell.
Nov 13, 2022 8:24 PM
Feb 2020
Huh? Motoko doesnt die at the end of Solid State Society, you misunderstood that, and the series is much more faithful to the manga. Its way more accurate to ghost in the shell than the movie.
Nov 14, 2022 2:53 AM

Jun 2016
Densel_ said:
why is that all cartoons become computer animated or badly hand-drawn after being so well hand-drawn once?

Both Oshii and Kamiyama love their 3D.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Nov 14, 2022 8:59 AM

Jan 2021
I think what is Ghost in the Shell’s strong suit after all these years is how different the interpretations were. The movies have an incredibly strong philosophical narrative while the series has a more cop, case driven type of thing with the philosophy dripped in there, then of course there are the Arise movies which are far more science fiction action oriented than the other two. They are all good in their own ways. It’s interesting to see how different people interpreted the same source material.
Dec 28, 2022 3:26 PM
Mar 2021
The film is nice but not too much to expect from It start with a slowley pace and Unexpected calmness there are not many voices and this is not what we are used to The movie takes place in 2029 when humans coexist with cyborgs who are half human half machine and half computer The Puppet Master describes himself as a living thinking autonomous entity created in a sea of information He once occupied a real body but was tricked into diving into the cyborg world then his body was murdered by someone Now he exists only in the electronic virtual world but he is looking for another body to occupy and take revenge on the people who betrayed him The story in general is good so as not to darken it but there are other elements unrelated to the story that he failed in it started slowly and then became annoying to gradually develop into real boredom the viewing experience was Very normal so as I mentioned don't get your hopes up on it too much I give it 5 on 10
Mar 19, 2023 5:05 PM
Mar 2021
giffica said:
Huh? Motoko doesnt die at the end of Solid State Society, you misunderstood that, and the series is much more faithful to the manga. Its way more accurate to ghost in the shell than the movie.
Damm it's been a while since I posted this, now I like the manga better, I known it never came here but I read it online and found it just good. As fr the 1995 movie, yes Motoko dies almost as since as she's born, I didn't like that much but then again after gaining a better understanding of this franchise and seeing more of it aside from the movie my opinions on it have changed, most of the series are not that good, the movies are as good as it gets and the comics are just good, people see this franchise as a Black Mirror-style masterpiece that was way ahead of it's time but I don't see it that way, I think Ghost in the Shell was just a comic writer's excuse to draw boobs on robots but since the original comic was so open  to interpretation some people interpreted it that way and it inspired other artists to add more to it or make their own interesting sci-fi stuff. 
Mar 19, 2023 5:11 PM
Mar 2021
@mr random guys
I'm not a big fan of the movies or the series but I agree that much of what makes Ghost in the Shell stories good comes from how people interpret them and how it inspires them to make better stuff. When I read the comic for the first time, I saw it as a cyberpunk masterpiece but when I read it the second time it felt very empty and mundane, it's becuse the first time I was so charmed by it's fantasy and openness to interpretation but then I realized that it was just your typical action comic, it's just that it's openness to interpretation makes you see more than just the comic. I think this aspect of Ghost in the Shell may have inspired the ending to SAC 2045. 
Densel_Mar 19, 2023 5:18 PM
Mar 19, 2023 6:09 PM
Feb 2020
Densel_ said:
giffica said:
Damm it's been a while since I posted this, now I like the manga better, I known it never came here but I read it online and found it just good. As fr the 1995 movie, yes Motoko dies almost as since as she's born, I didn't like that much but then again after gaining a better understanding of this franchise and seeing more of it aside from the movie my opinions on it have changed, most of the series are not that good, the movies are as good as it gets and the comics are just good, people see this franchise as a Black Mirror-style masterpiece that was way ahead of it's time but I don't see it that way, I think Ghost in the Shell was just a comic writer's excuse to draw boobs on robots but since the original comic was so open  to interpretation some people interpreted it that way and it inspired other artists to add more to it or make their own interesting sci-fi stuff. 

Buddy the manga is the most philosophically dense work IN MANGA. Yeah its not deacertes and kant what are you expecting from a manga? thats like expecting high level theiry from music. its a song bro. relax.
May 7, 2023 9:49 PM
Mar 2021
@giffica I know, I posted that the first time I read the manga. I found out the hard way how bad it really was. Truth is, all of GIS is only good if you interpret that way cuise since the manga all of it is full of plot holes and very open to interpretation and it wasn't even intended to be that way, Shiroh Masamune just wanted to draw boobs on a robot but was too lazy to come up with a good plot, I know like the movies and a few of the series better becuse the original comic was just okay, I found out after I read it a second time that I completely misinterpreted it, the artwork is great but the story is just lazy and only interesting for very brief moments. And most of the shows are not that good either. 

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

naikou - Jan 29, 2009

168 by HansDevX »»
May 3, 12:05 PM

» How do you describe Motoko Kusanagi's dilemma?

Mehwish_999 - Apr 23

2 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
Apr 24, 4:08 AM

» How bad are the Ghost in the Shell Blu Rays?

JiffyBone - Mar 12, 2018

8 by Seiidou »»
Aug 6, 2023 8:51 PM

» Canon story watch order?

WeebiBOY - Jan 21, 2023

4 by giffica »»
Jan 21, 2023 4:58 PM

» Is Ghost in the Shell series worth watching?

Tatsuya1337 - Sep 29, 2017

27 by Densel_ »»
Nov 13, 2022 5:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.