Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 5, 2011 11:31 PM

Nov 2009
Wow! What an amazing episode, soo dark. I could kinda feel the energy that Kaede had while watching this episode, man she was really scary. Just like some say, this episode does remind me of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. I wonder what is going on with Asa tho.
Apr 24, 2011 8:08 PM

Jul 2010
Thats what she gets for being the best guy stealer.
Cmon Kaede kick them both out and torture Rin to , will be the best since i dislike Rin because of this episode.
Apr 30, 2011 8:53 PM
Apr 2011
Well. Its obvious that Rin will end up with Asa. He has a connection with her that shines brighter then any other time he is with another girl.

I wish that everybody would stop calling Kaede crazy [in a bad way] and stop wishing the worst for her. She has gone through a lot. Losing her mother[even though Rin lost both of his parents] Blaming Rin for the tragedy. Finding out that she had competition with other girls for his attention. [ She had no chance of winning because Rin rarely pays attention to her anyway] Then realizing she was losing any attention she had left from him because he decides he rather be around Asa.

I kinda don't blame her for going off the sane train. Whether anybody notices or not. Kaede has a way of not telling anybody of how she feels. She keeps her feelings bottle up, and like any normal human-being she lashes out when she just can't take it anymore. To actually think she been doing this after so many years I'm surprise she doesn't do this earlier.

Rin is an oblivious, inconsiderate jerk!!
Jul 19, 2011 9:18 AM

May 2011
Bitch is crazy, thats all i have to say.
Even though this is a played out phrase: I seriously thought a school days ending was going to occur after seeing her like this.
Jul 19, 2011 3:24 PM
Dec 2007
Muchan said:

You know if Rin didn't lie to her trying to make it sound like it was his fault that her mom took an earlier flight home and got in the accident, maybe she would not have been a psycho bitch to him while they were growing up. But I guess he told that lie because he was trying to protect in her in a way so that she doesn't blame herself for the accident.
If she tried to kill Rin that means she would have killed herself too if she'd thought she was to blame.

Also, Kaede indeed never went into a yandere mood in the actual game but she did try to kill Rin to the point her father had to protect Rin's life. She also went a bit insane because she wanted Rin but she felt unfit to be his equal. So she was still crazy, just not killer-like crazy.

Aug 6, 2011 6:44 PM

Jul 2011
Explicitz said:
Bitch is crazy, thats all i have to say.
Even though this is a played out phrase: I seriously thought a school days ending was going to occur after seeing her like this.

Exactly what I was thinking. That stare gave me nightmares last night. I seriously thought she was gonna kill Asa or Rin. That stare.. that god damn STARE!
"You were a dream, in a life that has been nothing but a Hellish Nightmare..."(Lucy -Elfen Lied)
Aug 18, 2011 4:52 AM

May 2011
Man Rin has got to be the most dumbest male protagonist I ever encountered in anime. I know Kaede is no saint but I hope Rin finally realizes why she went off like that and how much he's hurting her. I'm not supporting or rooting for Kaede I just want Rin to understand each girl's feeling and how much they care for him. If Rin does not see how much Kaede means to him by how much she goes out of her way, well he's an idiot. At this moment I'm not rooting for any girl, I'm watching to see how all this pans out.

However I do give Rin respect for taking the blame for the death of Kaede's mom, even though it wasn't his fault.
Mr_DaftPunkAug 18, 2011 4:58 AM

Nov 20, 2011 5:15 PM
Jul 2018
i want a nice boat ending
Dec 6, 2011 4:38 PM

Sep 2011

nailbitingly epic Kaede exposition. this is delicious!

Jan 3, 2012 5:30 PM

Sep 2011
Wow, 5/5. Kaede's starting to remind me of Rena from Higurashi. Especially the eyes in that one scene O_o Anyway, now that that's happened, I've got a feeling that Rin's not going to end up with her. And yeah, I kind of have a bad feeling that I'm going to get Nice Boat'ed, too...
Jan 27, 2012 11:40 AM

Jan 2011

Jegus, Kaede... You're scaring all of us. Please stop. Go back to sweet and adorable so I can not have nightmares... I think the worst part about this episode was that she destroyed the pictures. I mean, seriously. Entrance fees to Cupid Land were expensive... I'm gonna be quiet now.

Regards,
Komiya
Formerly gutsyGumshoe
Jan 31, 2012 12:34 PM
Dec 2011
It sucks having to go to work after this episode, this was like when i went to bed after episode 21 of Clannad after story... Just bad timing! :-)
Great series by the way! I should've watched it earlier...
Feb 26, 2012 6:14 AM

Apr 2011
PharaohSauron said:
That episode felt like I had been punched in the chest and had the wind knocked out of me. It was like "Holy *bleep*, that was heavy."

I found it interesting that Rin never yelled at Kaede that BOTH of his parents were gone. He just took it all for her.

^ this...

Side note, when Kaede looked up from the pot to primu and stared I knew this was going to be some psycho epsiode. She has the craziest look on her face and she looked psychotic. That was a crazy episode. Uncharacteristic for how light-hearted the anime has been.
Apr 22, 2012 7:10 PM

Mar 2012
Damn, this episode was just crazy. Rin didn't want Kaede to feel bad about her mother and because of that, took all of her abuse. Kaede has some serious problems and I have this bad feeling that this series might end with a nice boat.
Jul 27, 2012 9:09 AM

Nov 2009
I have seen episode 19 and begins to be... indeed it has already become scary! has totally changed register O_O
then the episode is titled "Unforgettable feelings" but I would never think to THAT kind of memories.
I knew it was about Kaede and that sooner or later she would break out, but I never expected against Asa-senpai that poor girl is already sick by herself! ç.ç
lycosJul 27, 2012 9:53 AM
Jul 27, 2012 11:26 PM

Jun 2012
who else thinnks kaede was acting like rena from higurashi??
Oct 3, 2012 6:07 AM
Dec 2010
Woah this dude is saint for being able to endure all of that for Kaede's sake when he was kid.

Some might hate her but I feel sorry for Kaede. She has dedicated her everything to Rin and felt in love with him so much. She also tried to ignore her own pain in order to let Rin to be happy to the point she entered "psycho mode".

On top of that Asa collapsed right after Kaede told her to die in her psycho mode making things even worse for everyone involved.

Well that said i think that Asa is best match for Rin ATM but Kaede is not second in being potential perfect GF or wife. so far

Sent with Mal Updater
greenmartyOct 3, 2012 6:11 AM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Dec 10, 2012 11:08 PM
May 2012
Wow Really sad Episode. Tough past for Rin. I was really shock at the part where kaede intentionally drop the cutter.... dam. I really felt bad for her "She has dedicated her everything to Rin and fell in love with him so much. She also tried to ignore her own pain in order to let Rin to be happy" (^ what he said) ~ i was kinda disappointed with rin he didnt realise kaedes feelings for him and instead he was much happier being with asa-sempai..im not saying i hate asa sempai ~ i thnk they look really good couple...... but dam ~~ i dont know what to say anymore .. fk.......... :(
Dec 14, 2012 4:20 AM

Jul 2012
Rin was really frustrating in this episode , I hated how he paid no attention to any of the other girls even Kaede who lives in the same house got ignored ,I dont blame her for going Psycho crazy on Asa's ass, All the other girls knew they had to share Rin but now Rin seems to have forgotten all about them, I mean if he just ate what she made for him she would have been fine but he had to be a total ass to her, I don't care about the past even tho what Rin did was nice it doesn't mean anything if i see him treating Kaede like some house maid , She hasn't even had a single date with him and now Asa is basically taking her position... Still those eyes freaked the hell out of me , I still think Rin X Asa is best but only if Rin actually thinks about the other girls feelings once in a while ,Plus Asa is the only normal one left except her heart problems ,I always get the feeling she is going to die when she has that heart attack like moment then i have a heart attack because she is one of my favorite characters in Shuffle (If somehow Rin choses Prim then I would be surprised XD she is more of a pet then a girl to Rin at this point)

Can't wait for the next eps :D
Feb 1, 2013 8:18 AM

Sep 2012
this rises a big question, is it love what Kade feels for Rin or is it obsession of paying her dept to him & guilt & obsession of taking care of him, i myself ton't think its love, she is to messed up to know what love is & to love some1, obsession is obsession & dose not allow u to fall in love cause that other feeling is 2strong & dose not let u fall in love cause all u think of is taking care of him & making him happy to pay ur dept & that leaves no room for love

& if some1 takes away ur chance to pay ur dept like some1 takes him away from u, if he starts to date, then u show symptoms of jealousy & u'l cry & then people will think ur in love with him, so obsession in early stages looks like love, or like u start to fall in love, & people who are obsessed think that they are in love but they are not, i'm not psychologist so how to i know this SH :D, not sure :D maybe cause i watch documentary's sometimes

i believe that Rin sees it that way to & that's why he has never seen her more as a sibling or childhood friend
Sugram22Feb 1, 2013 9:56 AM
Feb 1, 2013 8:29 AM

Sep 2012
exLightning said:
Rin was really frustrating in this episode , I hated how he paid no attention to any of the other girls even Kaede who lives in the same house got ignored ,I dont blame her for going Psycho crazy on Asa's ass, All the other girls knew they had to share Rin but now Rin seems to have forgotten all about them, I mean if he just ate what she made for him she would have been fine but he had to be a total ass to her, I don't care about the past even tho what Rin did was nice it doesn't mean anything if i see him treating Kaede like some house maid , She hasn't even had a single date with him and now Asa is basically taking her position... Still those eyes freaked the hell out of me , I still think Rin X Asa is best but only if Rin actually thinks about the other girls feelings once in a while ,Plus Asa is the only normal one left except her heart problems ,I always get the feeling she is going to die when she has that heart attack like moment then i have a heart attack because she is one of my favorite characters in Shuffle (If somehow Rin choses Prim then I would be surprised XD she is more of a pet then a girl to Rin at this point)

Can't wait for the next eps :D

u ton't blame her??? but u blame Rin??? have u forgotten What Kade did to Rin in past, how she bully'd him!!! yes Rin did lie to protect her but that no excuse for what she did!!! if anything this makes him a hero for doing it and enduring her abuse

second Rin has never seen Kade more as Sister or childhood friend, like Rin was with Kade in this EP its normal relationship between brother & sister or childhood friend, so he did nothing wrong so SHUT UP :), when people start to date they start to ignore their family just like Rin did with Kade, well some times they ignore

& 1 thing more coin has 2 sides & u see only 1 side, that means ur blind, i ton't know the reason why ur blind but u are!!! if anything this makes him a hero for doing and enduring her abuse 

& 3th, this anime wont have harem ending like in Tenchi Muyo! GXP were mane guy marries with all the girls who are in his group, he chooses only 1, ur mistaken if u think that its gonna have a  harem ending like in GPX

i feel bad for Kade, but i ton't think its love what she feels for Rin, read my post above to before replay if u want to replay cause it explains more about what i believe
Sugram22Apr 22, 2023 10:29 AM
May 6, 2013 4:09 PM

Sep 2011
Uhmm... I don't know which one to blame here whether Rin or Kaede. This turned into another School Days but this one is kinda confusing unlike School Days.

And damn that cutter. I kinda felt it...

Jul 25, 2013 9:30 PM

Jun 2012
Kaede is one crazy bitch, I was scared watching that flashback. I felt sorry for her before but now shes so damn unlikable.

Asa is now, no doubt, the best girl.
Aug 20, 2013 9:34 AM
Aug 2013
Kinda dont like this anime anymore.

Rins a bit of an insensitive dick.

Yes I realize what happened in this episode, but in the 2nd half where primula is all worried (about kaede), wanting to talk to Rin, and then seeing Kaede wanting to do something with Rin, and hes not really paying attention, just goin, yeah, yeah, yeah.

Now I dont really like this anime in any way shape or form, i could deal with everything up to this point but realizing Rin is a huge dick at this point, Yeah... Well, Im this close to the end so I might as well finish it.

Interesting thing also is that they do all they did for Primula and want her to experience emotions and such, and they are just making her feel all the bad ones D:
Aug 25, 2013 5:31 AM
Mar 2013
Oh god, it was amazing, i'm a quite shocked by this ep. Before this ep i was prefer the first part of this show (the same problem like in sao) and these sad things were crappy for me but not here - this episode is awesome. Flashback was very interesting and yandere Kaede, i like it! <3 :D 5/5
Sep 17, 2013 12:21 AM

Feb 2010
I actually always thought he was gonna choose kaede up until the last episode. I feel so bad for her ;( other than primula she's my favorite and wanted them to end up together. And now I see her crazy side and like her even more!!!!
Even tho she is cray cray I think Rin is being so mean. Makes me sad :(
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Sep 18, 2013 12:43 PM

Sep 2012
Konekoneko said:
I actually always thought he was gonna choose kaede up until the last episode. I feel so bad for her ;( other than primula she's my favorite and wanted them to end up together. And now I see her crazy side and like her even more!!!!
Even tho she is cray cray I think Rin is being so mean. Makes me sad :(

u just hate Rin cause he caused pain to ur favorite char, other girls are in same boat as Kade, dose he has to just marry Kade when he loves Asa? no!!! that why ur hate is stupid, & u have forgotten how cruel Kade was with him in past, & he did not crew to hate her, no, he still cares for her, ur short sided, coin has 2 sides but u see only 1 side, & that's also why u will 1 day screw up ur friends love relationship or ur own relationship with friends, example u start to blame some1 before u have the full picture, mistake the kind u make here, but in Rin case u just ton't want to see cause ur favorite char is hurt & u close ur eye to the truth, my favorite is Asa, have i mentioned her?! NO!!! Rin is not my favorite, but i see the full picture, & also it takes time when a person realizes hes/hers feelings, Rin was also blind, did not see were it mite lead to if he lets Kade take care of him & wont but a stop to it sooner, so yes he could have avoided the pain, but also she wold have become mental like she already did sooner, maybe less pain, but still she wold have felt pain cause she cant repay to him for that cruelty she did to him

my post above also explains some things
Sugram22Oct 5, 2017 6:33 AM
Oct 2, 2013 12:54 PM

Sep 2012
Kade was forceful & did not let him do anything in the house even when he wanted, he did rise the subject meany times, She forcefully rejects Rin's help cause shes obsessed, Rin's only flaw is that hes 2soft, he shod have peen forceful to in that matter

Rin was happy & did not see what is going on with Kade & he did not notice that subconsciously made promise, its human like to be blind sometimes, its human flaw, we cant blame him for that, other people wont be blind at the same spot he was, but awry1 is blind at least once of a life time, humans are not flawless, that's also a reason i say that to hate Rin is wrong

he did not treat Kade like personal maid, Kade forcefully became hes personal maid out of guilt & obsession of repaying him for what she did to Rin, & Rin did not have any say on this, guess u did not pay enough attention when u watched it

i used word personal maid cause some say Rin was treading her like hes personal maid, & i already explained that Kade is fault on this, Kade never let Rin help her with chores

i have seen this series 5times or more already so i have peen able to analyze their situation meany times & in different angles :)
Sugram22Oct 3, 2013 4:20 AM
Nov 11, 2013 11:11 AM

May 2013
After watching this episode, I am willing to bet $100 that Kaede will NOT be the one he ends up with(if it's not a harem ending). Most likely he will choose his senpai, Asa. Kaede is too psycho, so it is pretty reasonable that Rin would back away from her. Even from the beginning, I never felt that Kaede would be chosen, I mean she's more like a mother than a girlfriend.
Feb 17, 2014 10:56 PM
Feb 2014
well, this is what I thought of Kaede and her story with the whole anime and every other character. I feel deeply sorry for her aside from the harm she caused Rin back then when she was like only 5 years old or so and when she grew up she realized that it was terrible what she did and further on in the anime she found out that it wasn't Rins fault her mom died, and that made her feel worse about it, Kaede maybe alittle mentally unstable, and she might be considered a bitch to some but not me when I watched this anime all I saw was a poor troubled soul crying out for forgiveness and some who tries so hard not to be the way she was back then she feels horrible for what she did and seeks redemption for it, shes said sorry and even gave herself to Rin in his bed as a sign of guilt thinking that she has to love him romantically to make him forgive her but I feel Rin already has but poor kaede still feels a tremendous amount of guilt and pain in her heart for what she did. I feel that all she needs is a big warm hug from someone who loves her for the nice person she really is deep down in her heart, so to all people who hate Kaede think on it some more before haten guys.
Feb 17, 2014 11:00 PM
Feb 2014
Sugram22 said:
Kade was forceful & did not let him do anything in the house even when he wanted, he did rise the subject meany times, She forcefully rejects Rin's help cause shes obsessed, Rin's only flaw is that hes 2soft, he shod have peen forceful to in that matter

Rin was happy & did not see what is going on with Kade & he did not notice that subconsciously made promise, its human like to be blind sometimes, its human flaw, we cant blame him for that, other people wont be blind at the same spot he was, but awry1 is blind at least once of a life time, humans are not flawless, that's also a reason i say that to hate Rin is wrong

he did not treat Kade like personal maid, Kade forcefully became hes personal maid out of guilt & obsession of repaying him for what she did to Rin, & Rin did not have any say on this, guess u did not pay enough attention when u watched it

i used word personal maid cause some say Rin was treading her like hes personal maid, & i already explained that Kade is fault on this, Kade never let Rin help her with chores

i have seen this series 5times or more already so i have peen able to analyze their situation meany times & in different angles :)
she seemed forceful because she still felt a lot of guilt from what she did in her child past, she realizes its impact and shes really sorry for it. everyone makes mistakes in their lives somewhere for kaede's situation other people have doen much worse then her but that's not the point, shes a troubled soul and needs help. or a hug whatever will make her feel loved. and let her know that everythings ok now. the world forgives her.....well I do anyway.
Mar 9, 2014 5:15 PM

Sep 2012
Zune_Dranei said:
Sugram22 said:

she seemed forceful because she still felt a lot of guilt from what she did in her child past, she realizes its impact and shes really sorry for it. everyone makes mistakes in their lives somewhere for kaede's situation other people have doen much worse then her but that's not the point, shes a troubled soul and needs help. or a hug whatever will make her feel loved. and let her know that everythings ok now. the world forgives her.....well I do anyway.

not blaming Kade for anything, my point is people who hate Rin cause he rejected Kade are wrong & dumb
Mar 29, 2014 7:00 PM

Mar 2013
This is certainly the best episode in an otherwise Sub-Mediocre anime. No doubt Kaede is scary here. Its odd that she didn't go psycho mode when he went on dates with the other girls, but i guess this could indicate that Kaede is worried that Asa will steal him away from her, whereas with the others she wasn't that concerned.

Either way a few good episodes does not make the anime worthwhile I'm afraid.
Apr 29, 2014 11:12 AM

Apr 2014
I actually felt sorry for Rin, having to put up with all that shit despite losing both of his parents too.

In my opinion, he doesn't see Kaede as a romantic interest probably due to their past and what she put him through. He was left to feel uneasy & lonely in that household because of her and I don't think cleaning and cooking meals is enough to make up for what he went through, losing both of his parents & his friend going psycho on him hit him really hard back then.

As for what she did to Asa? That's just cold, especially crossing out Asa's face on their pictures from Cupid Land or whatever it's called.
Tonight, Synklare joins the hunt.
Aug 14, 2014 5:19 AM
Dec 2013
Kaede really started to freak me out, stirring that pot with nothing in it haha. Sh*t got real at the end lol.
Aug 24, 2014 3:34 AM

Aug 2013
On a slightly different note than her psychotic break, they kind of went hardcore on Rin neglecting Kaede this episode though. But I imagine that was to add more effect to her mental breakdown.
Aug 29, 2014 12:02 PM

Sep 2012
She was Mentally Broken Sins her mothers death, Rin lied when they were kids to cure her, to give her reason to live & it made her return to reality, but she was still broken, i just wonder after drama like that, why didn't her father take her to psychologist? it was clear she needs it, if it would be in real life then she would have gotten mental help from psychologist, guess its just anime logic LOL
Jan 29, 2015 5:51 AM

Dec 2012
Wow, this episode...Kaede seriously freaked me the fuck out. This episode did a fantastic job at exploring who Kaede is and why she's been so accommodating to Rin all of this time. It built up to Kaede's breaking point really well and the part where she lashed out at Asa was so intense, especially when Asa fell down the very moment she was told to die.

I'll have to give Shuffle credit, I initially wrote Kaede off as the submissive archetype without ever really knowing anything about her, but now I can't help but feel for her despite how insane she is. It's also been shown throughout the show how Kaede overworks herself to live for Rin despite him not wanting her to push herself so I see her behavior in a completely new light.
Apr 21, 2015 12:50 PM

Aug 2013
I don't know if I'm just too emotional, but when I saw that empty pot, I just was really in shock.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 1, 2015 7:05 AM

Apr 2015
I thought this episode was okay, I just wish it had been built up to better throughout the series. All of the girls' dramatic pasts seem to pop up without much foreshadowing which makes it seem to me like it comes out of nowhere.

I think Kaede's character arc made more sense than Sia or Nerine's though. It's been obvious from the beginning that she cares for Rin but he kind of ignores her feelings and lets her hold on without respect for what will happen to her if he picks another girl. Yeah, he's told her she doesn't have to dote on him, but he's always done it very half-heartedly. He should've known he was setting her up to get hurt.

Still, it seems like a leap to go from caring to psycho so quickly. Yes, I know they explained it all and it makes sense, it's just that from a storytelling perspective it was all dumped on the viewer at once.
May 29, 2015 3:52 PM
Oct 2011
Sugram22 said:
She was Mentally Broken Sins her mothers death, Rin lied when they were kids to cure her, to give her reason to live & it made her return to reality, but she was still broken, i just wonder after drama like that, why didn't her father take her to psychologist? it was clear she needs it, if it would be in real life then she would have gotten mental help from psychologist, guess its just anime logic LOL
I think I Remember hearing somewhere that Japan has a stigma against the mentally ill,but even so this is just ridcuolus it is clear Kaede needs professional help.
Jun 14, 2015 10:48 AM

Apr 2013
That was the first really good episode in this anime, Kade is a psycho O_O
Jul 5, 2015 8:47 PM

Mar 2011
This is a quite commented thread, it will take me some time to read it all...

Well, now I know why there are so many recommendations between Shuffle and School Days. lol
Aug 2, 2015 8:54 PM

May 2015
Yandere mode activated, Damn! That girl needs psychiatric treatment ASAP!

Poor Primula witnessing the uneasiness day by day...

I hope Asa-senpai is ok.
Roy_FockerAug 2, 2015 9:47 PM
Dec 11, 2015 4:45 PM

Apr 2015
I hate commenting on old threads but bro! This episode!

I mean i kinda figured it was gonna happen likr this. But the whole childhood thing was pretty messed up. Its never your fault someone gets in an accident... and i seriously hated how rin was calm when he lost his whole family but kaede was flipping ballz when she lost one. yeah its sad when you lose someone dear to you but you weren't the only to lose someone you selfish prick.

It also kinda made sense as to why rin didnt try to get closer to kaede. I mean it would be a good reason not to...
I cant believe he thought it was safe to still live with someone who threatened your life once at the drop of a dime.

If you think about it. At the point primula, although young, is the only sane choice. Everyone else has split personality and you never know when itll show up again. Prim fixed her problem so.... go loli route! Lool
Mkim said:
I only beat off to 180 year old woman,
that's like 10 times legal age so I'm 10 times a good citizen who's not going to jail.
Kyubey said:
◕ ‿‿ ◕ do you want to be a mahou shoujo?
Feb 26, 2016 1:04 PM

Sep 2015
wow Rin went full dickhead in this episode. Motherf*cker didn't even say hi to her when he brought Asa to the house...
I don't blame Kaede at all... There she is, cleaning up his room, washing his clothes, making food for him every single day, and this is what she gets?? She's being ignored since the 1st episode.

GO KAEDE! I'm rooting for you.
Ratohnhaketon said:
I'll have to give Shuffle credit, I initially wrote Kaede off as the submissive archetype without ever really knowing anything about her, but now I can't help but feel for her despite how insane she is. It's also been shown throughout the show how Kaede overworks herself to live for Rin despite him not wanting her to push herself so I see her behavior in a completely new light.

Indeed. I am very surprised by the shift that this anime took...
Already knew that Kaede would turn yandere but this episode was done in such a way that there's no way I couldn't get taken by surprise.
(:Sorry for the notification:)
TchamiFeb 26, 2016 1:12 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2016 10:09 PM
Dec 2014
Uhhh... wow. Where do I even begin with this one? I feel like I have so much that I could talk about that I can't come up with a single thing to say. But I guess I'll try anyways.

So first of all, I guess Shuffle has certainly proved that it's not your normal harem anime like it seemed in the beginning. All six of the main characters, have or have had something wrong with them. Let's start with Remu: she's introduced as the emotionless loli character. And then we find out that giving her emotions nearly killed her. What about Sia and Nerine? They seem normal enough, right? Well both of them seem to have had schizophrenia. What about Asa? She seems normal and extremely energetic, right? Well she's actually the weakest character, chronically ill, and likely dying. And Kaede? She seemed normal enough, right? Maybe a bit overly devoted to Rin, but that can't possibly be a bad thing... Oh, wait; she's actually a yandere and obsessed with Rin to a scary point. But that probably wouldn't have happened if it weren't for Rin, the final character that I'll talk about. You see, Rin seems overly kind and considerate at the beginning of the series. And while that's certainly true at times, his kindness can also be a fault seeing as how he builds a harem, and thinks that it can just stay that way without anyone getting hurt. He's also an incredibly selfish character as he has practically completely neglected Kaede all throughout this series. And he's a liar too.

While I would hesitate to call this a deconstruction of the harem genre since it's an incredibly overused term and I haven't yet finished the anime, it's very clear that Shuffle isn't interested in playing things 100% safe; it's not afraid to play around with tropes or even their previously established characters. If Shuffle is even a deconstruction at all, I would say that it's second half is a deconstruction of it's previously established first half. After all, it takes everything that you thought you knew about the anime only to break all of that down, and this is particularly true for the main six characters.

Anyways, if nothing else I've enjoyed Shuffle so far. I don't think it's a perfect anime, after all, I haven't even seen the ending yet and it does kind of play things safe, but I love what it's done with the harem genre. In particular, I love how it's not afraid to point out that even the concept of a harem is a bad thing. After all, even in the best outcome only one person is going to be happy, two if you count the harem master and not just the girl, and any others are going to be really hurt from all of the flirting and leading on. Harems are not a good thing; at least not if everyone involved isn't okay with it. (I'm not trying to say that people in relationships with more than one person are wrong; if everyone involved is okay with it, than I have no room to talk. However, the concept of a harem as used in anime is not a good thing in my opinion. It's only going to lead to the majority of people involved being hurt because of the harem master being indecisive and wanting all of the girls instead of just choosing one. That's just my two cents on the matter though. I don't think harem anime are particularly offensive or anything, but I think if you legitimately want to have your own harem, then you should reassess your values. Anyways, that's my little rant for this. I'm sorry that I ended up writing so much, and hopefully I haven't ended up offending anyone too much.)

As for the episode itself, I thought it was fantastically done. It was interesting to finally see Kaede's backstory, and I was surprised by just how much of an evil child she was. I have to wonder how her father never noticed... Also, her eyes when stirring the pot are probably going to give me nightmares tonight. That was legitimately scary in my opinion. Oh, and I really hope Asa will be okay... I hope that she won't die. :/
May 24, 2016 7:51 AM

Mar 2014
I really thought there wouldn't be 'jealousy' but .. it was more than that !!
I dislike hiding important things since 'worry' just makes misunderstandings .
Good episode . Man .. this was creepy , emotional and seemingly , interesting ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2016 10:15 AM

Jun 2016
The series is getting really dark lol, yandere Kaede was very unexpected.
Dec 14, 2016 9:32 PM

Mar 2015
I love where this is going. Of course everything is to be blamed on Rin MC. He acts like Makoto from School Days and he doesnt even care Kaede at all which leads Kaede turning into Yandere, LOL.
What an idiot Rin taking Asa to Kaede house. That was an very stupid move you made there Makoto. *facepalm*
I guess too much love will kill you is all I can say.

This could compressed into 12 or 13 episodes though. 24 is a bit long.

3.5/5
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Whoelse thought Kaede was going to kill Asa

Lost_Hearts - Dec 9, 2023

0 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 9, 2023 2:53 PM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

babykeiji - Apr 12, 2008

77 by Saku33 »»
Nov 12, 2023 8:09 AM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

voidbringer - May 27, 2008

90 by Saku33 »»
Nov 12, 2023 7:33 AM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

babykeiji - Apr 12, 2008

52 by Saku33 »»
Nov 12, 2023 6:37 AM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

babykeiji - Apr 12, 2008

196 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 29, 2023 4:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.