Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 4, 2022 5:50 AM
Nov 4, 2022 5:59 AM

Aug 2021
I have no problem with 3d if the animation were smoother, or mixing both 2d-3d like Berserk 2012 and Chainsaw Man. But this just looks really poorly done judging from a movie standard...
Nov 4, 2022 6:17 AM
Dec 2021
I haven't watched Slam Dunk or read it, but this simply looks amazing! The style is so unique, i love it, can't wait for it to be realesed!
Nov 4, 2022 6:35 AM
Mar 2021
So mid no original VAs I’m so disappointed
Nov 4, 2022 6:55 AM
Jul 2020
Shioneri said:
I have no problem with 3d if the animation were smoother, or mixing both 2d-3d like Berserk 2012 and Chainsaw Man. But this just looks really poorly done judging from a movie standard...

The hell are you talking about yes cgi looked in some scenes a little bit goofy but it also looked really great (when miyagi runs on the beach,when miyagi did that crossover and mitsui 3 pointer looked smooth) and also 3dcgi mixed with 2d gives much more angles which is good for a basketball themed anime and not to mention that match against sannoh is literally like a real time basketball match only 12 minutes are not shown in the whole game and those are at the end of the first half.

Can't believe this anime fans the moment they see CGI they all start rioting and lifting pitchforks without even seeing the quality of the animation they just automatically assume its berserk 2016 quality of animation and if you think that you are totally blind.
Nov 4, 2022 7:36 AM
Oct 2019
wow they really changed all the VA huh... i mean i kinda get it why.
Nov 4, 2022 12:00 PM

Aug 2019
I'm hoping and praying that this movie gets an international release in December as well, but I know in my heart of hearts that that's not happening and it's probably not going to happen until mid-2023... (and this is me being cautious. I would love it if it was early 2023 instead.) At least we've gotten something new though. I'm hearing that there's a completely new cast, but as someone who's only read the manga and have no attachment to the anime, I'm neutral about the changes.

Although I was pleasantly surprised that Miyagi seemed to be getting the spotlight in the new trailer instead of Sakuragi. Not that I'm complaining since Miyagi is probably my favorite, but it makes me wonder if there's going to be different trailers focusing on the main five or if the movie is going to be centered on Miyagi. It'll probably the former and one-by-one the new voices will be revealed to us. I'll have to hear more of Miyagi's voice to figure out how I feel. I think we also heard Ayako's voice in the trailer, too? I mean, it's probably Haruko since she shows up, but the voice fits Ayako more in my opinion.

EDIT: The soundtrack sounds like it's going to be good if the song that plays at the end of the trailer is a fair indication of what's to come.
bucciestNov 4, 2022 12:15 PM
Nov 4, 2022 10:26 PM

Aug 2021
Ognjenus said:
Shioneri said:

The hell are you talking about yes cgi looked in some scenes a little bit goofy but it also looked really great (when miyagi runs on the beach,when miyagi did that crossover and mitsui 3 pointer looked smooth) and also 3dcgi mixed with 2d gives much more angles which is good for a basketball themed anime and not to mention that match against sannoh is literally like a real time basketball match only 12 minutes are not shown in the whole game and those are at the end of the first half.

Can't believe this anime fans the moment they see CGI they all start rioting and lifting pitchforks without even seeing the quality of the animation they just automatically assume its berserk 2016 quality of animation and if you think that you are totally blind.

Stop putting words in my mouth, I have not even mentioned Berserk 2016 and all I said is just "poorly done". Can't judge the whole movie just from the PV but if you think that crispy movement and stiff-looking model is "really great cg", then you totally haven't seen Orange's works
ShioneriNov 4, 2022 10:34 PM
Dec 3, 2022 3:40 AM

Feb 2021
They even replaced ALL the VA here. What a shame. And these hoorible 3D CGIs. They should done normal TV series to cover the remaining manga chapters instead of this "movie".
Jul 29, 2023 6:03 PM

Aug 2019
bucciest said:
I think we also heard Ayako's voice in the trailer, too? I mean, it's probably Haruko since she shows up, but the voice fits Ayako more in my opinion.

EDIT: The soundtrack sounds like it's going to be good if the song that plays at the end of the trailer is a fair indication of what's to come.

Okay, now that I've seen the movie it makes a lot more sense, knowing that who I thought was Haruko was not her. Her actual voice I had no qualms with.

I was right that this soundtrack is great though.

More topics from this board

Poll: » The First Slam Dunk Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WeAllShineOn - Dec 3, 2022

71 by LightningApe »»
6 hours ago

» Is this a sequel?

Andrevenus01 - May 3

7 by em_doubleyou »»
May 18, 8:55 PM

» Do you think more anime should be directed by the mangaka?

APolygons2 - May 8

6 by Otaku_4511 »»
May 10, 5:21 AM

» Blu-Ray when?

HusaynTV - Aug 14, 2023

9 by leftjoycon »»
Apr 2, 9:56 PM

» 『THE FIRST SLAM DUNK』Movie Blu-ray/DVD LIMITED EDITION + Standard Edition sold 234,764 copies in its first week

deg - Mar 5

5 by Otaku_4511 »»
Mar 14, 8:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.