Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2022 9:21 AM

Nov 2011
It's kinda amazing what science if capable of in this show, although it's not that surprising given how advanced their technology is.

Seems they got no choice but to fix the mistakes of the past. Idk but this season's pacing is slower than I had expected but seems they're ready for the upcoming fights.
Nov 2, 2022 10:59 AM

Jan 2008
It's good to be back, but even more crazy to come.
Nov 2, 2022 11:08 AM

Feb 2019
Great episode back. Enjoyed the pacing and I loved seeing takeru overcome his trauma to rejoin the fight. Seeing that sumika “bot” after what happened last week in the other world was tuff. Looking forward to seeing the new team in action next week
Nov 2, 2022 11:20 AM
May 2016
Absolutely shitty episode saved by WINGS. What the fuck's with all that QUALITY?
Nov 2, 2022 11:42 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I was confused with the way Takeru was able to go back, but I’m happy to return to other world no matter how he got there lol, I did like the arc in his original world tho, it adds to the end goal and Takeru got some good development. Now that he’s back we’re immediately introduced to this world’s version of Sumika and she’s a key part of Alternative IV, I was kinda surprised by that but it’ll definitely make things more interesting going forward, I’m interested in knowing how she became Unit 00.

And now Takeru is part of an all girls squad with more than a handful of new characters that are probably gonna die lol, they’re all nice looking waifus tho. And I don’t know if it’s just me but it looked like the art took a hit this episode, noticed a lot of faces that didn’t look right in the zoomed out scenes.
Nov 2, 2022 12:14 PM

Jan 2009
lol the animation or drawings are so bad wtf

and Sumika is the Alternative 4 eh is she a mutant or cyborg that will kill the aliens i wonder

"im gonna save the multiverse" lol thats a funny line from Takeru

Nov 2, 2022 12:16 PM

Dec 2020
Good that Takeru has his self back and can now fight for Sumika.Ther are new characters its good to see that.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Nov 2, 2022 12:20 PM
Jan 2019
The drawing and animation in this episode are subpar. I don't know which study was in charge of animating it... but I sincerely hope they don't use them anymore.

Maybe they hired a lower-budget studio because there were no action sequences... but the lack of quality was very noticeable.
Nov 2, 2022 12:38 PM

Oct 2014
They brought back S1's awkward dialogues and animation quality for this episode.

I wonder what they're intending to do with that anime original character.
AdatiusNov 2, 2022 12:41 PM
Nov 2, 2022 12:41 PM
Dec 2021
Willy_T said:
The drawing and animation in this episode are subpar. I don't know which study was in charge of animating it... but I sincerely hope they don't use them anymore.

Maybe they hired a lower-budget studio because there were no action sequences... but the lack of quality was very noticeable.

they save budget for mecha vs beta fight
Nov 2, 2022 2:07 PM

Sep 2018
yooo they played WINGS. They might play Howl Towards Tomorrow too!
Official account of the Eastern Roman Empire
Nov 2, 2022 2:55 PM

Jun 2015
Really enjoying this show. Especially since it hit season two and we getting a wild escalation in plot and story line. Teacher lady in the real world, or potentially the real world, who knows, also drives a mad ass car. I want one!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 2, 2022 3:04 PM
Mar 2021
Wings saved the episode , but what were they thinking with adding a new character , what the f¥¢k is that , they're ruining muv-luv by doing that
Nov 2, 2022 4:05 PM

Oct 2022
At this point I'm just amazed at how the show just keep fails at adapting anything in a meaningful way
Nov 2, 2022 4:23 PM
Jan 2019
Rough animation, hope they get back on track from next episode. Shame it got such a tiny budget.

Most of the scenes were quite well adapted, including "Wings" and the scene with Meiya. If only the horrid animation did not leave a sour taste in your mouth. I'd hope for the Blu Ray releases to fix this, but... realistically.. not gonna happen.
Nov 2, 2022 4:37 PM

Jul 2019
NOOO THEY RUINED MITSUKI HAYASE'S CHARACTER DESIGN
Nov 2, 2022 11:36 PM
Jun 2012
Am I losing it or is there a valkrie there that shouldn't be?
Nov 2, 2022 11:48 PM

Mar 2015
Sumika is baaack!! Let's goooooo
Nov 3, 2022 12:07 AM
Oct 2020
deg said:

and Sumika is the Alternative 4 eh is she a mutant or cyborg that will kill the aliens i wonder

Okay someone tell me if this is a mistranslation or just a stupid script. Wasn't he supposed to save only the 2 worlds (fucked up extra and alternative)? Saving multiverse is impossible anyway since there are infinite amount of alternate universe.

Also, they ran out of budget lol.
Nov 3, 2022 12:36 AM
Jan 2019
dailybread said:
Okay someone tell me if this is a mistranslation or just a stupid script. Wasn't he supposed to save only the 2 worlds (fucked up extra and alternative)? Saving multiverse is impossible anyway since there are infinite amount of alternate universe.

He says "I am going to save all of the worlds" in Japanese, which technically you can interpret as multiverse, but is of course not what he is talking about.
Nov 3, 2022 2:11 AM

Oct 2014
Graciaus said:
Am I losing it or is there a valkrie there that shouldn't be?

There is. Usuki Sakura is an anime original character, she's the girl who was saved from Sado in S1 ep 1.
Nov 3, 2022 2:53 AM
Jan 2020
Jesus, this show somehow managed to look worse
Nov 3, 2022 3:03 AM
Jan 2014
If you like the new characters, you should watch Kimi ga Nozomu eien :^)
Nov 3, 2022 10:30 AM

Feb 2019
deg said:

the mouth flaps didn't match the dialogue very well at all.

I didn't really notice how rough the art was until the cafeteria scene where Takeru looked like he was a part of the counter.
Nov 3, 2022 11:37 AM

Sep 2007
My favorite scene was included almost fully including Marimo taste in men remark. It was worth just for that
Nov 3, 2022 11:37 AM

Sep 2007
HOOfan_1 said:
deg said:

the mouth flaps didn't match the dialogue very well at all.

I didn't really notice how rough the art was until the cafeteria scene where Takeru looked like he was a part of the counter.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CheekyMouth

it can also be a style choice
Nov 3, 2022 12:08 PM
Oct 2022
I think that dialogue wasn't in the VN so... anyone can tell me why Yuuko sensei deceived her other self? Not rlly got the mindset on that one. She knew time travel has some issues, so he lied in those papers so the other Yuuko can be happy with only the fact that it's a success and not care about the downfall? (like one world ruins the others). Am I thinking it right or it's a whole other reason? Really got confused at those words
Nov 3, 2022 12:22 PM

Feb 2019

That doesn't at all describe what I am talking about.

I am talking about the fact that their mouths were moving BEFORE dialogue started.
Nov 3, 2022 11:12 PM
Dec 2021
dailybread said:
deg said:

Also, they ran out of budget lol.

or maybe they save budget for action
Nov 4, 2022 1:31 AM

Apr 2014
Really enjoy although quality quite drop.
I quite suprise characters from Kimi ga Nozomu Eien appers and make me watch this old anime to understand background from Mitsuki and Hayase...
Nov 4, 2022 9:06 AM

Oct 2014
Miamitoibiza said:
I think that dialogue wasn't in the VN so... anyone can tell me why Yuuko sensei deceived her other self? Not rlly got the mindset on that one. She knew time travel has some issues, so he lied in those papers so the other Yuuko can be happy with only the fact that it's a success and not care about the downfall? (like one world ruins the others). Am I thinking it right or it's a whole other reason? Really got confused at those words

It was in the VN.

Spoiler for upcoming eps:
Nov 4, 2022 9:32 AM
Oct 2022
Adatius said:
Miamitoibiza said:

It was in the VN.

Spoiler for upcoming eps:

Thanks, now it's much clear, I just didn't remember that, thought she means that traveling is dangerous (for example what happened with Marimo) and she didn't tell that, so the extraverse Yuuko won't stop Takeru from going back (to do more dmg or anything like that). Since I couldn't connect that dialogue with VN and the way they subbed it I thought she speaks about this but I see now.
Nov 4, 2022 11:48 AM

Sep 2007
Doge_Karim said:
I quite suprise characters from Kimi ga Nozomu Eien appers and make me watch this old anime to understand background from Mitsuki and Hayase...

There is a theory that it's causality conduction that cause the accident in Kiminozo
Nov 5, 2022 9:26 PM
Feb 2015
With the addition of Sakura, I'll just consider the anime to be a separate timeline/branch from the VN.
I don't think they'll change too much content but I don't see them following the events to a T either.
Nov 6, 2022 6:46 AM

Apr 2014
Enerccio said:
Doge_Karim said:

There is a theory that it's causality conduction that cause the accident in Kiminozo

intersting. So this timeline will be different from main VN line?
I just wonder how Takeru recognized Hayase and others since I think Kimi ga Nozomu set in 1999 (when they still in High School) and 2001 when they become adult. So they are Takeru's senior? ( i only watch anime)

Nov 6, 2022 7:47 AM
Jan 2019
Doge_Karim said:

I just wonder how Takeru recognized Hayase and others since I think Kimi ga Nozomu set in 1999 (when they still in High School) and 2001 when they become adult. So they are Takeru's senior? ( i only watch anime)

I don't think he recognized any of the seniors, he just recognized Haruko and Akane because they have interacted in his original world. They are the same age.
Nov 6, 2022 8:44 AM

Apr 2014
Incognimous said:
Doge_Karim said:

I don't think he recognized any of the seniors, he just recognized Haruko and Akane because they have interacted in his original world. They are the same age.

I see..
Akane in 2001 has enter Takeru's school

Nov 7, 2022 12:53 PM

Jan 2008
The BETA are coming, I repeat, The BETA are coming!
Nov 8, 2022 5:10 AM

Jan 2008
Also, s00mika backstory is next episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dailybread - Oct 12, 2022

85 by CafeAlpha »»
May 5, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion

dailybread - Oct 5, 2022

39 by Otakuwhip »»
Jan 27, 7:15 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2022

31 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 11, 2023 11:50 AM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2022

40 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 11, 2023 6:11 AM

» Worth watching?

TacoQZ - Oct 21, 2022

26 by otakuops7 »»
Jun 2, 2023 7:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.