Forum Settings
Forums

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Volume 12 Discussion

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side: Sword Oratoria (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2022 12:43 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Easily the best volume for this spin off, the scale for volume 12 was insane, the author was clever to make usage of Bell in the timeframe between vol15 and vol16 of the main series. (I read this volume in september so details a bit fuzy)

I kinda expected Filvis development to go this way, but that is more as in, I actually spoiled myself with pictures long ago before reading SO, so whatever.
Dyonisious though there were some scenes that really made him sketchy but others were it would be hard to suspect him, it is insane to think this madman gone this far just to cover his tracks.

Funny thing there are chapters called Final War, when that should be reverted for the very end of the series, but still it was quite fitting to what was happening, biggest cameos on a LN volume I can think of, so many characters showed up.
Seeing Lili being able to fill in the role of Finn was quite something...

Overall, reading this spin off had some pretty dull moments, but I also liked the opportunities to develop characters like Bete, in which his volume was a great read, and of course to see deeper in the dungeon, but it was kinda disappointing we never go further than 58-59, and that is from volume 4! In a essence this spin off suffered heavily from what the main series does, not enough dungeon exploration, and The Deep Levels were more interesting in volume 14 of the main series than this.

Seeing Filvis and her development along Lefiya's was a highlight for me, sure Aiz past in volume 9 was nice, and same for the Xenos arc from Loki familia perspective, but this last volume really ends it with IMPACT. Also really adored Filvis design, Elfs with black hair, red eyes and full of elegance?! GIVE ME MORE, seriously one of Danmachi best designs, along Wiene.

The whole Spirit plotline felt forced since the start, felt BULLSHIT, a way to ensure challenge to Loki's party, yet not having to explore more and more of the deeper levels, but I really loved the payoff with volume 11 and 12.
Filvis was a tragic character that felt refreshing to see, it is a very depressive conclusion, but I wont forget and kinda wanted to see Lefiya more in the main story.

It is sad to see this series tied up to JCstaff, because a better studios could have done a better S1, and maybe we could have seen some hope of someday seeing SO volume 12 adapted.

I do have to score this volume and the whole SO separatedly, first volume 11 was a low tier 9/10, something along the lines of 8.7, whereas I really felt volume 12 ascended to almost a 10, easily 9.2, still I would not say this is the best from the whole series, as I like the Xenos arc, vol14 and vol17 a lot too. if not more.
But outside that, these last two volumes outshone most of SO volumes that came out, to the point despite this epic conclusion, I still feel this spin off series, cant be rated higher than a 8/10, despite ending very strongly.

And ending is just a mater of saying since the author takes soo long to write volumes now, I dunno when volume 13 for this will be out, so will be putting it on hold for now.

An mostly 8/10 LN series with a rather explosive and emotional conclusion, with the ending still nowhere in sight.
(9.2/10 for this volume)

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
-DxP-Nov 5, 2022 2:58 AM
Oct 31, 2022 8:25 PM
Oct 2016
Playcool said:
Easily the best volume for this spin off, the scale for volume 12 was insane, the author was clever to make usage of Bell in the timeframe between vol15 and vol16 of the main series. (I read this volume in september so details a bit fuzy)

I kinda expected Filvis development to go this way, but that is more as in, I actually spoiled myself with pictures long ago before reading SO, so whatever.
Dyonisious though there were some scenes that really made him sketchy but others were it would be hard to suspect him, it is insane to think this madman gone this far just to cover his tracks.

Funny thing there are chapters called Final War, when that should be reverted for the very end of the series, but still it was quite fitting to what was happening, biggest cameos on a LN volume I can think of, so many characters showed up.

Overall, reading this spin off had some pretty dull moments, but I also liked the opportunities to develop characters like Bete, in which his volume was a great read, and of course to see deeper in the dungeon, but it was kinda disappointing we never go further than 58-59, and that is from volume 4! In a essence this spin off suffered heavily from what the main series does, not enough dungeon exploration, and The Deep Levels were more interesting in volume 14 of the main series than this.

Seeing Filvis and her development along Lefiya's was a highlight for me, sure Aiz past in volume 9 was nice, and same for the Xenos arc from Loki familia perspective, but this last volume really ends it with IMPACT. Also really adored Filvis design, Elfs with black hair, red eyes and full of elegance?! GIVE ME MORE, seriously one of Danmachi best designs, along Wiene.

The whole Spirit plotline felt forced since the start, felt BULLSHIT, a way to ensure challenge to Loki's party, yet not having to explore more and more of the deeper levels, but I really loved the payoff with volume 11 and 12.
Filvis was a tragic character that felt refreshing to see, it is a very depressive conclusion, but I wont forget and kinda wanted to see Lefiya more in the main story.

It is sad to see this series tied up to JCstaff, because a better studios could have done a better S1, and maybe we could have seen some hope of someday seeing SO volume 12 adapted.

I do have to score this volume and the whole SO separatedly, first volume 11 was a low tier 9/10, something along the lines of 8.7, whereas I really felt volume 12 ascended to almost a 10, easily 9.2, still I would not say this is the best from the whole series, as I like the Xenos arc, vol14 and vol17 a lot too. if not more.
But outside that, these last two volumes outshone most of SO volumes that came out, to the point despite this epic conclusion, I still feel this spin off series, cant be rated higher than a 8/10, despite ending very strongly.

And ending is just a mater of saying since the author takes soo long to write volumes now, I dunno when volume 13 for this will be out, so will be putting it on hold for now.

An mostly 8/10 LN series with a rather explosive and emotional conclusion, with the ending still nowhere in sight.
(9.2/10 for this volume)

Agree, the best volume it is in the side story. comparable to Vol 17 Main series.

Filvis conclusion leave a big impact to me. I think she will end differently if Lefiya doesn't hesitate to answer her question like Bell answer Leon's in Season 4 Anime. Also if Lefiya befriend with xenos, she will reach her own answer like aiz's ( is monster really a monster or a human with monster heart ?). well, Here we can see that Bell's answer and decision always seems "naive" but "warming" which is "ideal". aaaaaaaa, I want Filvis to be revived!!! where Fels' ressurection magic -_- LOL

Also I'm curious about the soul. we do know that Xenos have Soul which is increment each time they reincarnated. I wonder what happen to those so called "Creature" like Filvis, Olivas, etc, are they reincarnated in the dungeon because their soul is trapped in the dungeon or as god say return to heaven ? this will be a shocking development if they reincarnated in the dungeon as a Xenos.
Oct 31, 2022 8:50 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Chiex said:
Playcool said:

(9.2/10 for this volume)

Agree, the best volume it is in the side story. comparable to Vol 17 Main series.

Filvis conclusion leave a big impact to me. I think she will end differently if Lefiya doesn't hesitate to answer her question like Bell answer Leon's in Season 4 Anime. Also if Lefiya befriend with xenos, she will reach her own answer like aiz's ( is monster really a monster or a human with monster heart ?). well, Here we can see that Bell's answer and decision always seems "naive" but "warming" which is "ideal". aaaaaaaa, I want Filvis to be revived!!! where Fels' ressurection magic -_- LOL

Also I'm curious about the soul. we do know that Xenos have Soul which is increment each time they reincarnated. I wonder what happen to those so called "Creature" like Filvis, Olivas, etc, are they reincarnated in the dungeon because their soul is trapped in the dungeon or as god say return to heaven ? this will be a shocking development if they reincarnated in the dungeon as a Xenos.

That is a problem with the main series, Lefiya undergone all this development, but there is still a real lack of her on the main series, I would ask at least as much participation as the amazon twins at least, but you barely see her, besides after that volume where Bell and her have to survive in the jungle of floor 18 together, I kinda wanted to see more of them cooperating together.

The creators thing felt kinda tackle on, I dont feel the author properly explored it yet, and at the same time I dont think he will with the main series, it is something he just created with the SO to drive the plot forward, I feel that a better approach would have been to slight hint to creatures during the main series, at some point, doing it in a smart way, in which it would feel like a bonus for the readers to read SO to get to know more, but as it stands, it feels really disconnected from the main series.

The very slow pacing of releases does not help at all, considering he wants to have SO occur, during the gaps we have in the main series, since itself focus mainly on Bell and even that, we dont follow his everyday life.

That is to say, there needs to happen a lot more on the main series, parts were the whole Loki familia is away from Bell's and the readers eyes, doing something, so the author can have the opportunity to write a follow up for this volume, and at the pace he is releasing the main series...

Guess it has been rather difficult for him to write follow ups, but still, many authors write more than 3 volumes in one year, he is simply taking too long, readers cant keep with this pace, it sucks to have to wait many years just to have a few new volumes to read.
Hopefully he gets his shit together after Freya's arc and goes to his older pace, and I m not even asking him to focus on SO that much.

PlaycoolOct 31, 2022 8:57 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Chapter 6 Discussion

badbass55 - May 9, 2021

0 by badbass55 »»
May 9, 2021 7:12 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Chapter 5 Discussion

badbass55 - Sep 13, 2016

2 by Aznmok »»
Oct 22, 2017 3:43 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Chapter 4 Discussion

badbass55 - Sep 12, 2016

0 by badbass55 »»
Sep 12, 2016 2:14 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Chapter 3 Discussion

badbass55 - Jun 18, 2016

0 by badbass55 »»
Jun 18, 2016 4:39 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Chapter 2 Discussion

badbass55 - Jun 18, 2016

0 by badbass55 »»
Jun 18, 2016 4:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.