Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2022 9:26 AM

May 2016
If Mitsumi is fine with it I guess is fine. But I am still worried about Shima, I want him to learn to love himself.
Oct 29, 2022 11:49 AM

Feb 2012
Ngl I am kinda bummed that they're not dating but it was the right thing to do.. they both weren't ready for a romantic relationship and both have things to figure out for themselves. It was sweet of Mitsumi to say she likes him as a person no matter what though, hopefully that gave Shima some of the confidence he needs to face his past and realise his worth. Maybe he'll open up to Mitsumi about it at some point..
-Anya-Oct 29, 2022 11:52 AM

Oct 29, 2022 1:20 PM

Feb 2012
This was probably the worst thing that could have happened to their relationship. They're both ignoring the actual problem and are just kicking the can down the road. What they actually need to do is to define what their relationship actually is and what their responsibilities are to the other. They need to figure out what they both want for both the present and the future. It's fine for them to go back to being friends if they recognize that a romantic relationship won't work out, but then they would at least have established what being a friend is.
Oct 29, 2022 4:06 PM

Mar 2015
i mean, it's clear the romantic relationship wouldn't work at the moment with current personality they have.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 30, 2022 8:31 PM

Mar 2018
That last "Really" from Shima said it all, he's in such a bad state with his existentialism. He truly is the most sympathetic character in this manga, I really hope Mitsumi can help him crack out of his shell and truly begin an actual friendship.
Nov 3, 2022 12:50 PM
May 2017
my dude really needs a friend right now, he doesn't have anyone... Even his actor friends don't really see him as he is.
Nov 11, 2022 4:46 PM
Jan 2021
Mitsumi-chan is the best fucking character in the hole world
Jan 30, 2023 10:28 PM

Dec 2019
I'm impressed that the author took this route and tackled the concern on whether or not a healthy friendship should turn into a relationship despite personal problems/identity uncertainty.
Although it's for the best, this caused the biggest void in my heart and I'm eager to know more, regardless Mitsumi & Shima are probably the most precious manga characters ever.

(and wtf was that creepy moment with those 2 females secretly taking pics of Shima)
EuroqeanJan 31, 2023 2:49 PM
Feb 23, 2023 9:40 PM
Oct 2021
I kept coming back to reread this chapter and found new things to appreciate each time. Mostly it’s about the great, the Queen “Mitsuki”. I am awed by her character every time, just being raised by love and support doesn’t necessarily make everyone such a nice and warm hearted person, she truly is a great person because she is what made of herself.

If more people like her understood that stubbornly trying to keep a relationship that’s giving more pain, anxiety than the support, is not a good thing, those would realize how that can heal you to get ready for better thing. Must not have been easy for her to initiate the break up with someone she likes this much, but she did it for both of their sake. Some teens also get caught up by the feeling that they need to date as early as possible, she didn’t and thought about why she needs to date and how that is good.

She went and even comforted, reassured the person she broke up with, the person who got them into this mess in the first place.
I identify with Shima because of my detachment to pretty much a lot of things in life, but I try not to start something in the first place rather than discard it in the middle.

Mitsuki emphasized regardless of gender or person, she values the love and friendship.

Down the road, I definitely think they should be friends as it’s more precious and works better. She shouldn’t need to be a therapist to her romantic partner, it’s destructive and devastating, speaking from experience.
Apr 15, 2023 4:02 PM
Apr 2022
I kept coming back to reread this chapter. As a female, I truly like Mitsuki's personality. She really knows what she wants and can make a decision that beneficial for both of them. She knows her boundary, knows what is true love and that's a lesson that so many people struggle to find in real life, myself included. I really admire her.
Apr 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Dec 2022
I guess that was the best decision they made being friends is more important, Shima kun needs to figure out himself and his feelings first 

this was my fav panel 

May 30, 2023 11:42 AM
Jan 2021
She said it in the healthiest way possible. Im glad they're doing this the right way. Maybe once shima unlearns his people pleasing traits and figures out who he really is, maybe then he'll fall for mitsumi?
Aug 9, 2023 2:01 PM
Aug 2020
nushrathumaira said:
I kept coming back to reread this chapter and found new things to appreciate each time. Mostly it’s about the great, the Queen “Mitsuki”. I am awed by her character every time, just being raised by love and support doesn’t necessarily make everyone such a nice and warm hearted person, she truly is a great person because she is what made of herself.

If more people like her understood that stubbornly trying to keep a relationship that’s giving more pain, anxiety than the support, is not a good thing, those would realize how that can heal you to get ready for better thing. Must not have been easy for her to initiate the break up with someone she likes this much, but she did it for both of their sake. Some teens also get caught up by the feeling that they need to date as early as possible, she didn’t and thought about why she needs to date and how that is good.

She went and even comforted, reassured the person she broke up with, the person who got them into this mess in the first place.
I identify with Shima because of my detachment to pretty much a lot of things in life, but I try not to start something in the first place rather than discard it in the middle.

Mitsuki emphasized regardless of gender or person, she values the love and friendship.

Down the road, I definitely think they should be friends as it’s more precious and works better. She shouldn’t need to be a therapist to her romantic partner, it’s destructive and devastating, speaking from experience.
Yeah this is what I appreciated about this chapter and about Mitsuki's relationship with Shima as a whole. Even before he asked her to try out dating, she was still in that place where she was maturely considering whether or not moving into a romantic relationship with him would be the best thing - not just because of their feelings towards each other but also because of all the external factors that would influence their relationship for better or worse (exams, club activities, etc.). Even when slightly pressured by her best friend, she still wanted to go at her own pace and take time to figure out if it was what she really wanted. 

As for Shima, I think he truly does value Mitsuki as a friend and appreciates so much about what makes her what she is. She's so different from any of the other girls he's had relationships with and is technically his first real female friend. I think he probably got caught up in the feeling of being appreciated by her for who he is - Mitsuki isn't interested in his looks or his popularity, and she likes the sides of him that even he himself doesn't. To find someone who appreciates all the facets of you - even the "negative ones" - is rare even in adult relationships, so I can see what a breath of fresh air she is for him. But ultimately he has to figure out what he wants for himself, and even though it hurts to see them break off the romantic aspect of their relationship, I think he'll get there with her help eventually. 

I love this story so much... 
Jan 10, 3:28 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to Phaetons_Folly
This was probably the worst thing that could have happened to their relationship. They're both ignoring the actual problem and are just kicking the can down the road. What they actually need to do is to define what their relationship actually is and what their responsibilities are to the other. They need to figure out what they both want for both the present and the future. It's fine for them to go back to being friends if they recognize that a romantic relationship won't work out, but then they would at least have established what being a friend is.
@Phaetons_Folly Way to make a relationship sound like a math question with a one-size-fits-all solution. 😂 They’re flawed obviously like anyone else.
Feb 9, 9:22 PM
Jul 2023
man... this series knows how to hit me in the feels. I gotta stop reading today i feel like ive been hit with a punch in the gut. ill read more tomorrow
Feb 28, 1:53 PM

Jan 2014
This chapter really hit me in the feels. I really understand how Shima feels. He needs a friend, he needs to learn to love himself and find what he really enjoys, not just please others. Its a hard journey. Im excited to see where it leads. Mitsumi is such a little ball of joy and picked the healthiest solution for them for the time being. Shes just so genuine and herself. I aspire to be like that. I hope in the future maybe they can try to date for real when there both ready cause I still do ship them tho lol. This series to just to good.
☆・。・。☆・(* ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ~Aphotic ☆・。・。☆・゜

More topics from this board

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Chapter 38 Discussion

LastLuminescence - Jan 28, 2022

5 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 21, 7:37 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Chapter 60 Discussion

Xiao - Mar 24

10 by BitChilly »»
Apr 16, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Chapter 59 Discussion

Kuma - Sep 25, 2023

5 by tekkenshu7 »»
Mar 24, 11:59 PM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Chapter 41 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Jun 1, 2022

6 by E_Creator »»
Mar 5, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Chapter 58 Discussion

MrYujufudan - Jan 29

9 by ningen06 »»
Feb 28, 1:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.