Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2022 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
Yeah, Takeru needed that embrace. His world is being tore apart and shit is going down. He's trying to keep it together mentally.

Watching this episode was depressing and the feeling of hope looks broken. Those flashbacks were so hopeful though.
Oct 26, 2022 11:02 AM

Dec 2020
Takeru has going through some really heavy things sumike has a accident that’s not looking good, this flashbacks with takeru and sunike was so sad.
So he is going back in his world.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Oct 26, 2022 11:28 AM

Jan 2009
so Takerus love ones are starting to forget him

Takeru x Sumika romantic ship sailed big time this episode

good thing there is a way to reverse the death and near death of Marimo and Sumika by Takeru resolving all the cause on the other world or timeline so Takeru have to go back to the world where beta aliens exist
Oct 26, 2022 11:57 AM
Feb 2015
And we're near the end of the Extra arc.
The simplicity of Sumika thinking she can overcome the memory lost is both endearing and stupid at the same time.
I feel like the anime could've show Takeru's friend/squad mates forgetting him as well not just Meiya.
Oct 26, 2022 12:14 PM

Apr 2018
Just as expected, they really did finish the PTSD arc at ep. 4... Though after the powerpoint second death of Marimo last episode, this episode felt actually a bit better. At least they dedicated quite some portion of it to the diary. I even finally cried a bit at "It sounds like a fairytale, but I know when Takeru-chan is joking or lying, so I believe in him". (Of course this is also because of the memory reading the VN being triggered. No idea how anime-onlies feel.)

They made a ton of changes here. Some might be necessary given the tempo, so not many complaints about them. It was even a bit interesting how they added 2 osananajime kids at the park scene.

Two changes I found rather disappointing are: 1. The scene where Takeru wanted to jump off the rooftop should have him running, which fits the atmosphere much more 2. For some reason they cut the haunting repetition of "Takeru-chan" at the end of the diary... If I remember correctly even the Steins;Gate anime knew to give Suzuha's "失敗した" (which was undoubtedly a homage to this scene) a few repeated reads smh.
Oct 26, 2022 12:37 PM

Sep 2007
Ohayo, Shirogane-kun!
Oct 26, 2022 1:39 PM
Sep 2019
Takeru is really starting to just piss me off. He seems so petty and pitiful. Like he is in a war, he cant just expect all his friends and allies to just come out 100% scathe when billions have died. And sure there is a time and place to cry and mourn and he should have returned to base. It was all his fault to begin with because of how sad he was. Even after Jinjugi's death (however you spell it), he just kept crying and wanted to escape from the world and just broken. He is a soldier. This stuff happens. He should have gotten over it.
Oct 26, 2022 3:27 PM
Oct 2020
NeptuniaAnima said:
Takeru is really starting to just piss me off. He seems so petty and pitiful. Like he is in a war, he cant just expect all his friends and allies to just come out 100% scathe when billions have died. And sure there is a time and place to cry and mourn and he should have returned to base. It was all his fault to begin with because of how sad he was. Even after Jinjugi's death (however you spell it), he just kept crying and wanted to escape from the world and just broken. He is a soldier. This stuff happens. He should have gotten over it.

Do you know what ptsd is, by any chance?
Oct 26, 2022 4:03 PM
Sep 2019
EmmyMoomin said:
NeptuniaAnima said:

yes I do. I have ptsd on certain things myself but ig some people can handle it a lot better than others.
Oct 26, 2022 4:32 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Yeah it was painfully obvious Sumika was gonna forget Takeru after she said all that lol, the universe already branded itself a bitch when it killed Marimo a second time, I did not think it would be nice this time lol.

But man it is rough to see Takeru go through all this, I think it does a good job making you feel for him, it really does seem like the only answer for Takeru is to leave or off himself, but thankfully Yuuko Sensei is here to save the day once again, looking forward to seeing what method she uses, maybe something akin to Back to the Future lol.
Oct 26, 2022 5:13 PM
Oct 2020
NeptuniaAnima said:
EmmyMoomin said:

yes I do. I have ptsd on certain things myself but ig some people can handle it a lot better than others.

Takeru has never seen anyone die right in front of him like that. Marimo is an important person to him too, so it’s going to effect even more, and he has ptsd about the BETA from his first time in the BETAverse (they should have adapted that story, it baffles me that they jumped right into alternative without adapting the first two). And to see someone die in such a horrific way, (anime didn’t really do it justice, look how her death looks in the VN,) is going to mess with him, especially after his mental breakdown during the fight with the beta just before. His decent into depression throughout the last two episodes is a completely natural reaction. Takeru isn’t some battle hardened war hero. He’s a kid who’s skilled at piloting a mecha, that’s all. the anime shouldn’t have shown him dying in episode 2 of season 1, that wasn’t in the VN.

It’s a very complicated topic that needs a lot of explanation, which I don’t really want to waste my night explaining to anime onlys. What I will say though, you would be handling what Takeru goes through just as badly. Please don’t complain about Takeru reacting the way anyone would in his situation.
Oct 26, 2022 9:24 PM
Jan 2020
The hell is this? Ef? But man, this still looks like dogshit, at least they're trying direction wise.
Oct 26, 2022 10:42 PM
May 2016
Great episode which is obviously a more funded non-tsf episode so far. The park and diary scenes are very well done. Naysayers can go sit in a corner.
Oct 27, 2022 2:23 AM

Jul 2019
Thankfully this episode was a huge step up from the last one from almost every aspect, still i would love to hear more VN ost.
Oct 27, 2022 6:42 AM

Oct 2014
The previous episode messed up a bunch of scenes but this one was decent surprisingly.

They handled the emotional moments between Takeru and Sumika quite well, made me teary eyed for a bit.
Oct 27, 2022 12:01 PM
Aug 2021
Sumika best girl lol
Oct 28, 2022 3:00 AM

Sep 2007
NeptuniaAnima said:
EmmyMoomin said:

Press [X] for doubt.
Oct 28, 2022 5:16 AM

Jan 2008
Best for him is to get back to Alternative world and plan. TIME TO DESTROY THESE BETA before going back to his original world.
Oct 28, 2022 6:18 AM

Dec 2008
Old VN's are really merciless like we see here, everyone forgets about him.
Takeru rmessed it up with returning to the alternative present without expecting any of the consequences
I liked how Sumika was shown in this episode, in the romantic romcom parts of the VN she really was so sweet.

Can we kick some Beta ass next episode?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2022 7:27 PM

Aug 2020
I'm waiting till this adaptation is finished before I watch it but the Diary part in the VN killed me back when I read it, actually made me cry. I imagine without them adapting Extra and Unlimited it probably isn't hitting the same for people who haven't read the VN's which is a shame.
Oct 29, 2022 10:33 PM

Mar 2015
Nice I wasn't expecting the Steins Gate (I know Muv Luv is older) logic to start. I friggin love Sumika. I knew the body horror was gonna come this round though, because the pattern is getting obvious! The loop concept raised my hopes that this story won't end badly.
Oct 30, 2022 2:24 PM

Nov 2007
EmmyMoomin said:
NeptuniaAnima said:

Takeru has never seen anyone die right in front of him like that. Marimo is an important person to him too, so it’s going to effect even more, and he has ptsd about the BETA from his first time in the BETAverse (they should have adapted that story, it baffles me that they jumped right into alternative without adapting the first two). And to see someone die in such a horrific way, (anime didn’t really do it justice, look how her death looks in the VN,) is going to mess with him, especially after his mental breakdown during the fight with the beta just before. His decent into depression throughout the last two episodes is a completely natural reaction. Takeru isn’t some battle hardened war hero. He’s a kid who’s skilled at piloting a mecha, that’s all. the anime shouldn’t have shown him dying in episode 2 of season 1, that wasn’t in the VN.

It’s a very complicated topic that needs a lot of explanation, which I don’t really want to waste my night explaining to anime onlys. What I will say though, you would be handling what Takeru goes through just as badly. Please don’t complain about Takeru reacting the way anyone would in his situation.

Well spoken I'd have stuff to add but it would just be rambly. The VN is a lot more gruesome in the Marimo death scene and its aftermath. In short she got blown up by high caliber bullets as well and he tried to piece her together over and over again. Seeing this and getting hit with the dormant PTSD from the previous timeline sends him down a spiral. In the VN it is explained that they had to severely drug him up and hypnotise him to even interrogate him. If they hadn't then his mind would've shattered beyond repair. Yuuko didn't expect the dormant trauma to be this extensive and debilitating and Marimos death, the drugs and hypnotic suggestion didn't help but amplify it all.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dailybread - Oct 12, 2022

85 by CafeAlpha »»
May 5, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion

dailybread - Oct 5, 2022

39 by Otakuwhip »»
Jan 27, 7:15 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2022

31 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 11, 2023 11:50 AM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2022

40 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 11, 2023 6:11 AM

» Worth watching?

TacoQZ - Oct 21, 2022

26 by otakuops7 »»
Jun 2, 2023 7:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.