Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 12, 2022 11:47 AM
Dec 2021
I finished ylia a long time ago and I absolutely love it!! Its soo good that I'm emotionally connected to it (similar to Violet Evergarden). The ost, the OPs and EDs, the story, the characters and their performances... I loved everything!!! But as I was going through the reviews, I saw people talking bad about it. Although they didn't had much to say, I would like to know from the haters that what makes you hate it and which part you hated the most?? And please add reasons so I can understand.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 12, 2022 12:00 PM
Feb 2022
I dropped this show at ep 7
Becoz i got soo much spoilers
I couldn't continue watching it🗿🗿🗿
Oct 12, 2022 12:02 PM
Aug 2021
It has a 8.66 people don’t hate it lmao
Oct 12, 2022 12:02 PM
Aug 2021
It has a 8.66 people don’t hate it lmao
Oct 12, 2022 12:06 PM
Jul 2021
Honestly, I found it kind of boring. I liked the characters and the ending was sad-but overall it was just plain boring to me.
Oct 12, 2022 12:07 PM
May 2021
it makes sense but people didn't expect the ending at first
Oct 12, 2022 12:09 PM
Mar 2021
Cestlavie_ said:
I don't hate the show, enjoyed it
just dislike the ending, they basically killed her off in an epilogue

wait how is that an epilogue, she died in the finale playing with arima and than dissapeared. I might be wrong but that is the where the plot untangles itself. the epilogue is the letter addressed to him
Oct 12, 2022 12:12 PM
Dec 2021
sideswiped said:

but it was actually expected because it was hinted from the beginning that she would die (although I still cried at the ending)
Oct 12, 2022 12:13 PM
Jun 2021
I didn't enjoyed it, but I definitely don't hate it either. The reason why is because it was just boring most of the time and the comedy was really stupid and repetitive. The characters also weren't that good to me. The only parts that I enjoyed were the opening and every part where characters would play an instrument.

And I knew the ending, but it definitely wasn't the reason why I didn't like the anime.
Oct 12, 2022 12:14 PM
Apr 2020
People are just sad from watching the show
Oct 12, 2022 12:16 PM
Mar 2021
Cestlavie_ said:
thesecurityman said:

wait how is that an epilogue, she died in the finale playing with arima and than dissapeared. I might be wrong but that is the where the plot untangles itself. the epilogue is the letter addressed to him

To be frank I just feel they could have handled her whole death scene and aftermath better, and skipping over the mourning period to the epilogue just didn't give me any time to feel grief, Like I would have loved to see Arima physically find out about her death, mourn and get over it like the Pancreas movie, instead of just being skipped over.

yeah fair enough.
Oct 12, 2022 12:16 PM
Dec 2021
Priyanshu509 said:

damn bro.. I can relate😂
Oct 12, 2022 12:19 PM
Dec 2021
Cestlavie_ said:
thesecurityman said:

To be frank I just feel they could have handled her whole death scene and aftermath better, and skipping over the mourning period to the epilogue just didn't give me any time to feel grief, Like I would have loved to see Arima physically find out about her death, mourn and get over it like the Pancreas movie, instead of just being skipped over.

yea I also felt like this... Although I heard that the author had 11 (or more) endings prepared for this and one of them having kousei die instead of kaori... but due to the majority's decision, she decided to implement this ending.
Oct 12, 2022 12:33 PM
Jan 2022
This show is rated 8.66, ofc it receive more love compared to hate.
Check Out My Profile

MAL Profile
Oct 12, 2022 12:46 PM
Feb 2022
How naive of me thinking that everyone who watched loved this masterpiece. Thanks for the topic.
Oct 12, 2022 12:48 PM
BIG SCHLONG MAN
Apr 2020
I don't have ylia, it just didn't hit me emotionally in the same way other anime do. A big part of that for me is the characters, only one of which I think is memorable or likable, that being Kosei. Everything involving him was really good in my opinion. Everyone else though is either forgettable or an asshole. I hated how Kaori was handled in the story. She's extremely unlikable, just kinda being an asshole, and her death felt cheap, even though it was built up the whole time.
I pretend I'm funny
Oct 12, 2022 12:53 PM

Apr 2021
One word: Monologues
Oct 12, 2022 12:55 PM
Jul 2021
RadicalSanta said:
I finished ylia a long time ago and I absolutely love it!! Its soo good that I'm emotionally connected to it (similar to Violet Evergarden). The ost, the OPs and EDs, the story, the characters and their performances... I loved everything!!! But as I was going through the reviews, I saw people talking bad about it. Although they didn't had much to say, I would like to know from the haters that what makes you hate it and which part you hated the most?? And please add reasons so I can understand.

Welcome to MAL people feel special when they hate on something so they tend to do it more. Don't let it get to you.
Oct 12, 2022 1:10 PM
Jun 2021
It was a 9/10 show for me

The middle episodes were quite boring and they actually didn't contribute too much otherwise I can't find any other thing which I don't like about this anime

It was beautiful and it gave me so many beautiful osts which keep reminding me of this so definitely I can never hate it but everyone doesn't have same taste
Oct 12, 2022 1:14 PM
Oct 2019
Show is boring, the rivals/antagonists were lame, they don’t give backstories or anything on why his mom was so abusive, characters weren’t too great especially when theres an annoying 3rd wheel, seen better anime and/or liked more that tackle the same topic, etc
poo poo
Oct 12, 2022 1:29 PM
Apr 2022
RadicalSanta said:

people just like to jump on the hate train, or they found it boring
Oct 12, 2022 1:32 PM
Jul 2022
RadicalSanta said:

This was the first tear-jerker I watched next to 5 centimeters per second and I fell in love with the series. I was VERY depressed at the end, but overall it was a beautiful story that hit me in the feels and sometimes I like that. However, I can understand where the people who don’t like it are coming from.
Oct 12, 2022 1:35 PM

Mar 2020
I loved the music parts, and Kousei was such an amazingly written character who had realistic trauma. The art and sound design aspects were also beautiful.

What made me absolutely hate the show were the characters that WEREN’T Kousei (aside from Emi, the dude that was friends with her, and the aunt) absolutely pissed me off. All of Kousei’s “friends” were abusive and inconsiderate as FUCK and we were supposed to feel sympathy for them.

If the show had better characters, I probably would have enjoyed it a lot more, but they pissed me off so much.
NOW WATCHING: Blue Exorcist (Season 3), Bungou Stray Dogs (Season 2), Delicious in Dungeon, Mashle (Season 2), The Many Sides of Voice Actor Radio, Whisper Me a Love Song, Wind Breaker

Oct 12, 2022 1:39 PM
Jul 2018
reredundant said:
Show is boring, the rivals/antagonists were lame, they don’t give backstories or anything on why his mom was so abusive, characters weren’t too great especially when theres an annoying 3rd wheel, seen better anime and/or liked more that tackle the same topic, etc

And the topic is?
Just to make sure you understood what the show was going for, since your critic seem to be given by a person who found something they didn't meet their expectation (in a sense they wanted a different show, talking about something else)
Oct 12, 2022 1:41 PM
Jul 2018
Bizaster said:
I loved the music parts, and Kousei was such an amazingly written character who had realistic trauma. The art and sound design aspects were also beautiful.

What made me absolutely hate the show were the characters that WEREN’T Kousei (aside from Emi, the dude that was friends with her, and the aunt) absolutely pissed me off. All of Kousei’s “friends” were abusive and inconsiderate as FUCK and we were supposed to feel sympathy for them.

If the show had better characters, I probably would have enjoyed it a lot more, but they pissed me off so much.

Why were they abusive? In what sense?
Oct 12, 2022 1:43 PM
May 2021
I thought it was just okay, but I feel like there was WAY to much between the introduction and the ending. especially for the amount of content shown and relevant.
Oct 12, 2022 1:53 PM
Dec 2021
reredundant said:

bruh they actually gave a definite backstory on how and why his mom abused him. And definitely the antagonists weren't lame. If you have ever competed in your life with someone, then you might have had the same feeling as they do. They admired kousei for his playing, they looked upto him and also tried to crush him. Thats how rivals are.
Oct 12, 2022 1:57 PM
Dec 2021
WigoSas said:
Bizaster said:

Why were they abusive? In what sense?

he might mean by how tsubaki and kaori used to abuse him. Although it was done as they tried to add a pinch of comedy, but I guess some audience took it in the wrong way. But that's just how tsundere characters are... and I think tsubaki had a decent character development by the end of the show
Oct 12, 2022 1:57 PM

Apr 2022
RadicalSanta said:

Sorry idk what you call a hater but it’s not because someone on the internet really disliked the show that ylip is hated. Especially when the show is rated 8.66.l
“I won’t rely on anyone anymore. I don’t care if no one understands.” – Homura Akemi
Oct 12, 2022 1:59 PM
Dec 2021
Usapz said:
RadicalSanta said:

Sorry idk what you call a hater but it’s not because someone on the internet really disliked the show that ylip is hated. Especially when the show is rated 8.66.l

its not about that. I just wanted to learn about their views on the show and why they hated it
Oct 12, 2022 2:06 PM

May 2022
RadicalSanta said:

It’s all good but can you add spoilers to the topic? I know it’s an older anime but just for anyone that hasn’t seen it. Anyway, I loved the show but it’s just not going to be for everyone.
Oct 12, 2022 2:11 PM

Apr 2022
RadicalSanta said:
Usapz said:

its not about that. I just wanted to learn about their views on the show and why they hated it

I think it's because they get the last episode spoiled (and I personally think it's the best episode) and their enjoyement of the show just drasticly decrease. Madoka Magica has about the same problem, but with episode 3, who is obviously far from the best episode.
“I won’t rely on anyone anymore. I don’t care if no one understands.” – Homura Akemi
Oct 12, 2022 2:13 PM
Jan 2021
Liking and disliking media is all subjective, people might not like the melodrama or poetic dialogue. It’s all about what people like or don’t like.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Oct 12, 2022 2:14 PM
May 2018
I mean… just for the first opening it’s worth watching tbh
Oct 12, 2022 3:35 PM
Dec 2019
People hate your lie in April?????
Oct 12, 2022 5:47 PM

May 2022
HatTrickPatrick said:
RadicalSanta said:

Assuming you're not trolling:

If you are trolling:

The trolling spoiler tag, it’s hard to make out on my phone app. Is that the op saying that? If so, I’m reference to what?
Oct 12, 2022 5:47 PM
Oct 2022
I don’t see anyone hating on it tbh, I loved it so much. First few episodes were slower and the music scenes could be long and semi boring, but there wasn’t a hate-able moment. I think it’s maybe disliked by some because they don’t appreciate the character development and themes of the show? It’s like the 21st highest rated show on MAL though.
Oct 12, 2022 5:48 PM
Apr 2020
i didnt hate it at all; its definitely a good story even if some people may find certain parts boring. i found myself crying over the mc literally just playing the piano so i have to admit it had some type of effect on me.

the only thing i didnt like was how it ended. i liked kaori's character for the most part but the fact she had idolized the mc and forced her way into his life, consequently hurting multiple people in the process, got rid of a lot of my sympathy for her.
Oct 12, 2022 6:29 PM

May 2020
because it wasn't anything special
it wasn't bad either
it was just mid

Oct 12, 2022 7:16 PM
Sep 2022
thesecurityman said:
Cestlavie_ said:
I don't hate the show, enjoyed it
just dislike the ending, they basically killed her off in an epilogue

It's only a imagination of Arima nothing else. In reality she's in the hospital for her operation.
Oct 12, 2022 7:32 PM
Oct 2022
People don’t hate it. One of my favorites and highest ranked. It was hard after becoming attached to the characters to see folks killed off at the end in such a way. It’s a real story, and some folks watch to experience something fictional, and better than real. I think having a happy ending would have allowed for an easier closure to the story. I watched this when it first dropped on Netflix many years ago and I still get bitter about the ending and the overall trauma many had to go through. I would like to look back on the story mentally and think everything was okay and imagine what the characters might be up to. Here there is not much room for continuation. People might even get upset if new content were to come out because what would be the point.
Oct 12, 2022 7:42 PM
Jul 2022
watched it because everyone was hyping it and then found out that it was a very boring show that i almost don't remember most of it anyway and felt like it was good at first and then the foreshadow of the violinist becoming like his mother i dont really know just didn't really enjoy the show when i acutally enjoyed I Want To Eat Your Pancreas which i feel like has the literal same storyline
Oct 12, 2022 7:52 PM
Apr 2021
When I first watched it, I found it to be very boring. Not very good comedy, and music just isn’t a very interesting plot. After watching it again, I absolutely love it though. So I can see why people might not like it. Also the ending is very obvious
Oct 12, 2022 8:07 PM
Nov 2021
RadicalSanta said:

I enjoyed this show too its too good.Op is a banger tooo
Oct 12, 2022 8:23 PM
Aug 2020
Personally I don’t like the show but I wouldn’t say I hate it, the sound design and animation are both great and I think the ending is perfect (which is what raises the score to an 8 for me). However I think that the show would have been better in half the number of episodes; it felt too drawn out and there was only so much I could take of Arima’s whining (which was less “endearing” and more “annoying”).
Oct 12, 2022 8:47 PM
Dec 2021
HatTrickPatrick said:
RadicalSanta said:

Assuming you're not trolling:

If you are trolling:

dude if you wrote that big ass paragraph just to ratio me in the end, I think its clearly visible that who's a big dumb idiot. I think you've got nothing to do in life so you just come and talk shit in mal. I just wanted to have a healthy discussion on my people hated it. For me it was just a masterpiece with no flaws. But still there were 1star reviews. So I just wanted to know what they actually feel about the anime.
P.S - go get a life dude
Oct 12, 2022 9:54 PM
Oct 2017
Most people liked it. Personally, i got bored, and just wished they let the spectator hear more the classical music.
Oct 12, 2022 11:39 PM
Jan 2022
this series gives me endless suffering, pain and trauma.
After completing this series I couldn't able to watch anything for 3 4 months
This anime is just sad and depressing
Oct 13, 2022 12:49 AM
Jul 2022
Priyanshu509 said:

bruh in 12 episode they made it sure that the girl will die.
Oct 13, 2022 12:50 AM
Jul 2022
RadicalSanta said:
sideswiped said:

but it was actually expected because it was hinted from the beginning that she would die (although I still cried at the ending)

yeah it was hinted in 12 episode
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1177 by ojarlos »»
May 11, 12:06 PM

Poll: » What do you think of the character artstyle?

Mallony - Oct 10, 2014

40 by Keytee1 »»
May 5, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

335 by RickHatake »»
May 1, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

234 by exho26 »»
May 1, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.