Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 13, 2022 8:41 AM
Dec 2019
The MC went through so much trauma in this episode
Oct 13, 2022 11:12 AM

Jul 2021
The final suprise me
Oct 13, 2022 12:54 PM

Nov 2007
ixarising said:
dailybread said:

Visual Novel Spoiler don't read if you havent finished the game this is based on
Oct 13, 2022 4:45 PM

Jul 2019
dailybread said:
Read the VN brother

This VN had been on my to play list for a while. The last anime based on a VN I watched was Fruit of Grisaia, and while it was a mediocre adaptation that cut a lot of stuff, it was a fantastic commercial for the game, that did a fantastic job introducing me to each of the characters and giving me just enough of their stories that made me instantly want to go jump into the vn and dedicate 100+ hours to learning more. This anime, on the other hand, has done the complete opposite. It's done so little to make any of these characters interesting, that I question if I want to go dedicate 50+ hours into reading the VN. As of right now, this has been pushed down several places on my VN playlist.
Oct 13, 2022 5:00 PM

Oct 2009
Yummy...What a letdown.
Oct 13, 2022 5:10 PM
Jan 2015
Aliens man found on mars. Aliens attack and kill humans on mars and the moon. Aliens invade earth. Aliens unstoppable with no end in site. Yet for a few years humans have STILL, been holding meetings, mock battles and tournaments trying to prove which suit is the best.

I’m glade this actually happened. Cause everyone is always thinking they are safe. I would just like to say to all those politicians, military leaders, and fighters against the BETA. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING???? ITS AN UNSTOPPABLE ALIEN FORCE MAKING HUMANS EXTINCT!!!! Instead of flexing your muscles going “we got this” you should be joining up to ACTUALLY save humanity. Thinking that your safe is how you get your head bitten off. This is why I think humanity will always be doomed to fail.

And the protagonist isn’t any better. Thinking he is a one man army and can take on the BETA all by himself. Thinking he is humanities hero. He can’t even follow to proper chain of command and follow orders that can be important for EVERYONE. Instead he thinks he is the person that can finish the enemy with a 360, no scope headshot with a .50 cal. And look where he ended up. She’ll shocked beyond recovery and getting his nco killed.
Oct 13, 2022 7:41 PM

Jul 2014
Jackson1333 said:
dailybread said:
Read the VN brother

This VN had been on my to play list for a while. The last anime based on a VN I watched was Fruit of Grisaia, and while it was a mediocre adaptation that cut a lot of stuff, it was a fantastic commercial for the game, that did a fantastic job introducing me to each of the characters and giving me just enough of their stories that made me instantly want to go jump into the vn and dedicate 100+ hours to learning more. This anime, on the other hand, has done the complete opposite. It's done so little to make any of these characters interesting, that I question if I want to go dedicate 50+ hours into reading the VN. As of right now, this has been pushed down several places on my VN playlist.

Trust, as someone that read all 3, it will be worth your time to read the VN trilogy. This anime adaptation is an injustice to to both anime onlies and vn readers alike. They really are speedrunning this whole thing which makes us vn readers look like they are "pop team epic" rushing the whole plotline as it goes. Extra gives you the intro to the characters which makes you more vested into them, Unlimited which the anime should have started from is the real shit where everything goes down, and Alternative is basically "see adaptation vn spoilers thread".

Anyone defending this adaptation is basically saying you can watch "Return of the King" and skip "The Fellowship of the Ring" and "The Two Towers" which this adaptation is doing, it is skipping all character development in Extra, and the real "shit goes down" plotline in Unlimited.
Oct 13, 2022 8:20 PM

Jan 2015
OppaiSugoi said:

Trust, as someone that read all 3, it will be worth your time to read the VN trilogy. This anime adaptation is an injustice to to both anime onlies and vn readers alike. They really are speedrunning this whole thing which makes us vn readers look like they are "pop team epic" rushing the whole plotline as it goes. Extra gives you the intro to the characters which makes you more vested into them, Unlimited which the anime should have started from is the real shit where everything goes down, and Alternative is basically "see adaptation vn spoilers thread".

Anyone defending this adaptation is basically saying you can watch "Return of the King" and skip "The Fellowship of the Ring" and "The Two Towers" which this adaptation is doing, it is skipping all character development in Extra, and the real "shit goes down" plotline in Unlimited.

These anime onlies already in the CHOMP scene territory, trust me most of them will probably ignored your advice and watch it until end of the season. Look at user such as Stark700 , he had watch thousand of anime and manga and still decide to watch this adaptation ( presumably never read the VN) . I guess for consuming so much otaku media, he should have know how horrendous most of anime adaptation from VN counterpart at this point .
Rance X is A GOAT.
Oct 14, 2022 1:48 AM

Jun 2015
Sweet baby Muhammad riding a bomb into that ending. Explosive! After all that dialogue too!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 14, 2022 2:04 AM

Jun 2015
Who are you to mention Stark. They watch everything so they can post about it, regardless if its shit or not. A lot of the time I dont agree with his synopsis, but he maintains a balance. This platform still has not removed a first poster piece on a globally highly watched show declaring there was not enough rape in the episode. I even msg'd that Australian minister banning all the anime and manga to highlight what this platform serves up to children. Ironically after that email they shut up. Not heard from the assuies since.

But you barthos. What is your agenda here. People watch what we want to watch. Its not your decision to rate us as people by a standard of your own. People like you are the filth of the world deciding for others what is good or bad.

barthos said:
OppaiSugoi said:

These anime onlies already in the CHOMP scene territory, trust me most of them will probably ignored your advice and watch it until end of the season. Look at user such as Stark700 , he had watch thousand of anime and manga and still decide to watch this adaptation ( presumably never read the VN) . I guess for consuming so much otaku media, he should have know how horrendous most of anime adaptation from VN counterpart at this point .
Oct 14, 2022 2:14 AM

Jun 2015
You people are f'ing animals calling out stark when you manga people are allowed to post shit like this and get away with it. I bite my nail at you

barthos said:
OppaiSugoi said:

Oct 14, 2022 2:44 AM
Feb 2015
Arkaniet said:
ixarising said:

Visual Novel Spoiler don't read if you havent finished the game this is based on

Oct 14, 2022 3:30 AM
May 2016
Ronninn said:
I didn't read the VN but I feel like they skipped a fuckton of stuffs, kinda ruined the whole thing with Takeru going mental. Needs more build up.

The buildup is 50-ish hours long of inane high school romcom/ military romance that lead up to that point.
Oct 14, 2022 8:04 AM
Apr 2018
That final scene... all I was thinking was... that's an incredibly unsafe space to be having a conversation. So when the chomp came... I just burst out laughing... macabre humor at it's best. Clearly that was not the intent, but I just saw the funny side of it.
Oct 14, 2022 9:17 AM
Dec 2021
newanimelover2 said:
Aliens man found on mars. Aliens attack and kill humans on mars and the moon. Aliens invade earth. Aliens unstoppable with no end in site. Yet for a few years humans have STILL, been holding meetings, mock battles and tournaments trying to prove which suit is the best.

I’m glade this actually happened. Cause everyone is always thinking they are safe. I would just like to say to all those politicians, military leaders, and fighters against the BETA. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING???? ITS AN UNSTOPPABLE ALIEN FORCE MAKING HUMANS EXTINCT!!!! Instead of flexing your muscles going “we got this” you should be joining up to ACTUALLY save humanity. Thinking that your safe is how you get your head bitten off. This is why I think humanity will always be doomed to fail.

And the protagonist isn’t any better. Thinking he is a one man army and can take on the BETA all by himself. Thinking he is humanities hero. He can’t even follow to proper chain of command and follow orders that can be important for EVERYONE. Instead he thinks he is the person that can finish the enemy with a 360, no scope headshot with a .50 cal. And look where he ended up. She’ll shocked beyond recovery and getting his nco killed.

because politicans and military leaders have free ticket to a new planet
Oct 14, 2022 7:19 PM
Apr 2022
one of the dumb ways to die, casually having conversations in an unsafe place before getting chomped
Oct 14, 2022 7:35 PM

Mar 2021
Very satisfied with the episode. I haven't played the muv luv games and didnt knew about the chomp at all so I am glad I didnt get myself spoiled. Now I am hooked.

Sadly for such a noteworthy moment, I think most anime people are not going to experience it since the anime is too obscure and social media can easily ruin the surprise.
Oct 15, 2022 2:13 PM

Mar 2014
That was pretty brutal at the end.... Shit
Oct 15, 2022 4:05 PM
Dec 2021
Animeizreal said:
one of the dumb ways to die, casually having conversations in an unsafe place before getting chomped

what is more safe: trying to get to base through unsure route or wait for transport
Oct 15, 2022 7:11 PM

Apr 2020
As an anime only, I didn't expect Marimo-chan to die like that. Shock value was there even without the gore that people are mentioning from the VN.
Oct 16, 2022 2:38 AM

Dec 2008
So Muv Luv can be that dark, a double shocking episode, Takeru doesn't react to the drug very well.
Ah for a few minutes I really thought he would die, Beta are so scary it's not funny.
I didn't know they would drug their pilots and brainwash them, that is terrible.

Nowadays they should make the machines without pilots inside lol

Random Beta appearing out of nowhere was not so believeable considering it's a fat 3 meter monster.
But it's the battlefield and the cleaning up wasn't done properly

Marimo, so sad.
How will Takeru ever recover from that or he will turn into madman pilot torturing his "prey".
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2022 6:09 AM
May 2016
Fabienne said:
So Muv Luv can be that dark, a double shocking episode, Takeru doesn't react to the drug very well.
Ah for a few minutes I really thought he would die, Beta are so scary it's not funny.
I didn't know they would drug their pilots and brainwash them, that is terrible.

Nowadays they should make the machines without pilots inside lol

Random Beta appearing out of nowhere was not so believeable considering it's a fat 3 meter monster.
But it's the battlefield and the cleaning up wasn't done properly

Marimo, so sad.
How will Takeru ever recover from that or he will turn into madman pilot torturing his "prey".

that's not brainwashing. It's post hynoptic suggestions to prevent an eishi's panic attacks that would spell doom on the battlefield. The REAL brainwashing is more subtle and integral to the plot
Oct 16, 2022 6:15 AM
May 2016
Adatius said:
It was never convincing to me how Takeru lost his mind when the BETA first showed up, even in the VN.

The effects after his cockpit went dark here were a nice touch,

The scene at the end was underwhelming compared to how it is in VN, but admittedly a part of that is because I knew it was coming.

Oct 16, 2022 7:50 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
So I was like, let me have S2 get a few more episodes before I start watching it, to be more enjoyable, but motherfuckers already on CHOMP?! Guess I will need to switch priorities and start to watch this soon enough huh?
I just wanted to see where they were adapting at the end of this episode and first scene was CHOMP, LOOOL
Really hope to see an intro full of despair next episode, which Takeru on the floor trying to piece her skull and flesh together... the manga at least attemped to retain some of the choke from the VN, so IMO that is the bare minimum I want from this adaptation.

RiceKnight59 said:
As an anime only, I didn't expect Marimo-chan to die like that. Shock value was there even without the gore that people are mentioning from the VN.

TBH is how everything is portrayed after the chomp that scarred me when reading the VN, so the supposed choke from this scene is still not over, and Takeru will recall the scene vividly in flashbags a few times to come, so for full effect of the scene, even dumbed now as it is from VN, it is very important to see how the beggining of the next episode will be, and how they will handle the scars that he gets from this event from now on.
The shock in the end comes from everything together, it is not a scene that happens and you soon forget, NOT A CHANCE.

deg said:
the 3DCG mecha battles are great but damn Marimo-chan died just like that? her head is eaten from behind by an Alien BETA Monster damn

The BETA are the biggest fuckers around, be ready to be CUCKED hard if you have any shipping prospest for this series, it is pure hell from now on.
Arriving late solely to spoil the party is a requirement of being a BETA, when they arrive, it is over.
Suffice to say, I dont think there will be being more hateful than them, in this show, at all, also you cant spell AGE, without RAGE.

(cant wait to relive all the nightmare fuel that is ahead)
PlaycoolOct 16, 2022 7:56 AM
Oct 16, 2022 8:02 AM
Feb 2015
lanphung said:
Adatius said:
It was never convincing to me how Takeru lost his mind when the BETA first showed up, even in the VN.

The effects after his cockpit went dark here were a nice touch,

The scene at the end was underwhelming compared to how it is in VN, but admittedly a part of that is because I knew it was coming.

Oct 18, 2022 6:16 AM
May 2021
The Visual Novel is in all ways supreme in terms of suspense.
The ending of the episode is not nearly as horrifying as the part in the VN.
Oct 19, 2022 12:24 AM

Nov 2012
I'm kinda mad with Takeru for his reaction at battle, also how tf they didnt hear that mf BETA approaching, fuck, sensei didnt deserve that, but this is what BETA means to humanity, die in a horrible way.

My Candies:

Oct 19, 2022 6:32 AM
Jan 2019
knktzvra said:
I'm kinda mad with Takeru for his reaction at battle, also how tf they didnt hear that mf BETA approaching, fuck, sensei didnt deserve that, but this is what BETA means to humanity, die in a horrible way.

This is one of those things that unfortunately have to be let behind when adapting a visual novel that has tons of infodumps as part of its world building. The type of BETA that snacked on Marimo is a Soldier Class. They pose zero threat for any armored units and TSFs, but are specialized anti-personnel and infantry units. They detect humans better than any other BETA class and they are able to move silently.

They shouldn't have been in that place but it's not so unlikely that they would not notice that thing until it is too late.
Oct 19, 2022 3:07 PM

Nov 2012
Incognimous said:
knktzvra said:

This is one of those things that unfortunately have to be let behind when adapting a visual novel that has tons of infodumps as part of its world building. The type of BETA that snacked on Marimo is a Soldier Class. They pose zero threat for any armored units and TSFs, but are specialized anti-personnel and infantry units. They detect humans better than any other BETA class and they are able to move silently.

They shouldn't have been in that place but it's not so unlikely that they would not notice that thing until it is too late.

Damn, first of all, thank you for the explanation, second, that changes it all, we could say this is adaptation's fault, since I can't recall 1st season explaining the types, maybe they did and I just can't remember it.

My Candies:

Oct 22, 2022 3:50 AM

Jun 2019
I shouted before Takeru. Well done, studio X!
Oct 24, 2022 5:55 AM
Mar 2012
Takeru not handle stimulants at all turning into baka. He still faught skillfully but piled on too many mistakes.
The tactical test & Takeru's psychology were directed amazingly well. Marimo keeping it real & been crucial getting him on the right track... and wow was not spoiled on that abrupt rip, legit shocked.
ED hits different today.
Jan 14, 2023 8:03 AM
Jul 2014
I freaking scream so LOUD : "AYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
Jul 11, 2023 5:50 AM

Jul 2015
Welp rip marimo-chan, quite the fucked up ending for an already heavy episode. Just when I thought I couldn't feel any more bad for Takeru with the amount of pressure on his shoulder knowing he should prevent the disastrous future and him being injected with drugs turning him deluded, we got this end.

Jan 28, 8:10 AM
Apr 2019
The voice acting on that scream was fucking ass.
May 4, 11:41 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to sspit
I simply try to fathom why this show exists. It is bad in every aspect. They removed the original character designs. They removed the original voice actors. They removed the original music. They removed the original sounds. They removed the original romcom, buildup, everything. This is not pretty, nor impressive. It is generic in every sense.

Muv Luv Alternative is the perfect military porn for nerds and even more. It gives the perfect experience through all the aspects of becoming part of a battlefield and war, including the disillusionment of grandiosity, that begins here in this very scene.

This was supposed to be among the, if not the one, most impactful scene in gaming history. Much worse than FFVII. I remember I could not control myself, my brain kept repeating this as I read further, I involuntarily cried again and again for hours - I absolutely had PTSD from this, a game, unreal experience.

So, if the studio is not going to try to do any of these things, why call it Alternative? If they called it Muv Luv Shitelnative, a spin-off, things would be easier, but they had to go and sully the name. I dont understand. ML TE was good imo, Schwarzesmarken was good imo, any ML spin off could be good imo, just not Alternative adaptation. We all knew it, they knew it too. So Why? Pls tell me someone.

This is Youkoso all over gain, S1 and also S2. One of the most popular source materials ever and the abysmal treatment it gets. It makes no sense from economical or any other perspective. Everybody loses. Both Youkoso and MLA could be, with a little bit of trying, easily anime of the year. People, this game was more popular on VNDB than Fate Stay Night (on its own without anime!) and its official EN translation got 1 million dollars on Kickstarter - for translation years after we already had fan-translation anyway! Why would anyone made this garbage anime? They could make MLTE S2 or something. Or The Day After. Or original spin-offs. But no, lets make adaptation that removes everything and only carries the same name. Is this the so-called Tsukihime treatment?

I wanted to stay silent, because people with no clue will come in and complain about bad VN fans who complain about everything. But this is absolutely the worst adaptation of anything I have ever seen. Anyone interested in aliens and sci-fi and mechs, do yourself a favor and play the games, including Extra, do it, not a single one of you will regret that decision. And pretend this show doesnt exist.
@sspit brother I wanna get into it's VN can u guide me a bit about it?
What's exactly a title of VN, where I could find it and play order of routes etc
May 5, 1:18 PM
Aug 2017
I wanted that Marimo's Death was impactful when I saw the episode was good before that. But, I really had 0 reaction to it sadly.
I reread this passage in the VN and it's trully more disgusting.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion

dailybread - Oct 5, 2022

39 by Otakuwhip »»
Jan 27, 7:15 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2022

31 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 11, 2023 11:50 AM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2022

40 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 11, 2023 6:11 AM

» Worth watching?

TacoQZ - Oct 21, 2022

26 by otakuops7 »»
Jun 2, 2023 7:46 AM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2022

18 by Playcool »»
Jan 29, 2023 3:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.