Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 12, 2022 9:57 AM
Dec 2019
Alexioos95 said:
RequiemLo64 said:
Well someone did his homework (sarcasm)

I'm not the one who wrote a whole essay trying to explain that an Isekai isn't actually one tho. (Copy/pasted from Youtube at that... 0/20)

Alright bud, looks like you’ve got some required reading to do, did he not ask for the source of my quote, cause if I’m keeping it a buck 50, he did its right there, under his name, with a time stamp and everything :)
Oct 12, 2022 10:14 AM

Jan 2017
RequiemLo64 said:
did he not ask for the source of my quote

Are you using a sort of cryptic language ?
Otherwise , it's as i said.
'guess that you need more time to reflect on it.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Oct 12, 2022 10:28 AM
Nov 2021
RequiemLo64 said:
Triggerfish124 said:

You do realize we would never have had this argument if you hadn't commented on my post undermining my answer, right? I didn't send a comment on yours saying you're wrong. I could've sent you an essay on how although isekai do generally include death and summoning, not all 3 are required to make it an isekai. Some examples of popular isekai that do this are Overlord, which is an isekai but not once has it answered how he got there, No Game No Life, where the god of the world literally grabbed the main characters from a game and dragged them to his world, Mushoku Tensei, where the main character died but was reborn as a baby, Tanya the Evil, who died and was reborn as a baby, Tensei Shitara Slime, who was reborn as a slime in a fantasy world, My Next Life as a Villainess: All routes Lead to Doom, where she is reborn into a world that follows the rules of a romance game, and Konosuba, where the mc died and the gods - or specifically, goddess - let him reincarnate into another world. I'm not sure what you mean by transference but in some cases of this the only thing the main characters brought with them is their soul. Isekai Ojisan is a currently airing anime where the main character literally calls his trip to another world an isekai, and he didn't die, was just in a coma until apparently he defeated the demon king and came back. Most of these are given the isekai tag, so unless you disagree with the tag as a whole, then your entire opinion of what makes an isekai an isekai is different than what anime considers to be an isekai. There is nothing wrong with that, but at the same time it doesn't seem right to me for you to comment on several people's comments on why they're wrong. In either way, I don't base my opinions on things just on what anime tags things. The otome game one apparently isn't listed as one, but I still consider it one, because my definition of an isekai is where the main character is transported to another world and has no logical means of getting back.

But I digress. You're painting me out to he someone who hates freedom of speech. Am I not allowed to state my opinion? Idk what you mean by backlash, this is between you and me. Maybe you're the one going through backlash, since you replied to so many different people, but I'm only arguing with you so I don't see backlash of the majority on my part. If you truly didn't want an argument, you could have worded yourself quite differently. For example, "I disagree with you but I'm glad you see the possibility that it really isn't an isekai." Instead every single message of yours has been rude, so you're obviously not against fighting over something trivial. I won't say I haven't been rude either, but let's just come to a mutual understanding mate. I read your first message as passive aggressive and I didn't like how you specifically called me out for being wrong when I included the information that would make people not consider it an isekai, my comment if anything was as non aggressive as it could've been. If you think Angel Beats isn't an isekai, that's fine. All that matters with anime is whether you like it or not and even then people shouldn't tell you you're wrong for disliking it.

Yeah I don’t see myself turning on the child filters for you or anyone, keeping it 💯, isn’t rude just don’t be sensitive but i mean you got a point, this isn’t a MW3 lobby, however .com I don’t see how i was being all that rude, im still watching overlord but that would fall under transference, given ainz is sent from his video game to a fantasy world based on his game, i see nothing wrong with replying to specific, handpicked quotes that just aren’t it chief, if you do that sounds like a U problem besides its a forum, aren’t discussions, debates, and arguments that are informative the point of a forum? Or are you concerned you were picked specifically for a quote I found not it chief? Cause im not gonna lie, yours wasn’t and I decided to leave my opinion you didn’t ask for, also the point of a forum, i don’t mind having civil discussions or arguments about anime, its what I’m passionate about, and how i get my message across the board isn’t rude, again, thats a U problem, i didn’t exactly say the most grotesque things or insult you like we’re playing call of duty, i was just straight to the point and you somehow have a problem with that. But if i must I’ll speak in layman’s terms

The thread is for people to express their opinions of whether Angel Beats is an isekai or not. We both sent our opinions on it. what was excessive was replying to others and telling them they are wrong. Simply because you have the freedom to do so does not mean you should, and honestly if you are arguing that you should commend me for replying to you instead of calling me a child when I'm doing exactly what youre doing, albeit on a smaller scale.

Either way, Overlord did not include summoning nor his death so it doesn't have all 3. If you agree that Overlord is an isekai, Angel Beats should fit your criteria for isekai because the mc died, they all did, and they appeared in another world. I am not trying to change your opinion nor telling you you are wrong just stating facts of whats been said and how I see it.
Oct 12, 2022 10:31 AM
Dec 2019
Alexioos95 said:
RequiemLo64 said:
did he not ask for the source of my quote

Are you using a sort of cryptic language ?
Otherwise , it's as i said.
'guess that you need more time to reflect on it.

Bro what are you on is my only question
Oct 12, 2022 10:38 AM
Dec 2019
Triggerfish124 said:
RequiemLo64 said:

Yeah I don’t see myself turning on the child filters for you or anyone, keeping it 💯, isn’t rude just don’t be sensitive but i mean you got a point, this isn’t a MW3 lobby, however .com I don’t see how i was being all that rude, im still watching overlord but that would fall under transference, given ainz is sent from his video game to a fantasy world based on his game, i see nothing wrong with replying to specific, handpicked quotes that just aren’t it chief, if you do that sounds like a U problem besides its a forum, aren’t discussions, debates, and arguments that are informative the point of a forum? Or are you concerned you were picked specifically for a quote I found not it chief? Cause im not gonna lie, yours wasn’t and I decided to leave my opinion you didn’t ask for, also the point of a forum, i don’t mind having civil discussions or arguments about anime, its what I’m passionate about, and how i get my message across the board isn’t rude, again, thats a U problem, i didn’t exactly say the most grotesque things or insult you like we’re playing call of duty, i was just straight to the point and you somehow have a problem with that. But if i must I’ll speak in layman’s terms

The thread is for people to express their opinions of whether Angel Beats is an isekai or not. We both sent our opinions on it. what was excessive was replying to others and telling them they are wrong. Simply because you have the freedom to do so does not mean you should, and honestly if you are arguing that you should commend me for replying to you instead of calling me a child when I'm doing exactly what youre doing, albeit on a smaller scale.

Either way, Overlord did not include summoning nor his death so it doesn't have all 3. If you agree that Overlord is an isekai, Angel Beats should fit your criteria for isekai because the mc died, they all did, and they appeared in another world. I am not trying to change your opinion nor telling you you are wrong just stating facts of whats been said and how I see it.

Excessive? So understandingwhat others think and why is excessive? Duly noted, overlord is an isekai, fantasy element aside, because manz is playing a game in his world then his mind body and soul are transferred into a fantasy world based on the game he was playing, angel beats cant be considered one because they’re in the same world, higher plane of existence, thats almost like saying tokyo revengers is an isekai just because time travel is involved. I don’t get your logic
Oct 12, 2022 11:02 AM
Nov 2021
RequiemLo64 said:
Triggerfish124 said:

Excessive? So understandingwhat others think and why is excessive? Duly noted, overlord is an isekai, fantasy element aside, because manz is playing a game in his world then his mind body and soul are transferred into a fantasy world based on the game he was playing, angel beats cant be considered one because they’re in the same world, higher plane of existence, thats almost like saying tokyo revengers is an isekai just because time travel is involved. I don’t get your logic

It is excessive because you already stated your opinion. People can infer you disagree when you said no and other people say yes. It would be one thing to say I disagree because of this, or I disagree, but could you go more into depth. All you did was say I'm wrong without any further commentary. That wasn't necessary at all especially when in my message I mentioned it was the afterlife and yet a kind of limbo. Last time I checked, we weren't able to revive after being killed, being stuck in a school for essentially eternity, and being able to create weapons by inputting some programming. A higher plane of existing is still different from your original world and thus can count when you can essentially stay there forever.
Oct 12, 2022 11:13 AM
Dec 2019
Triggerfish124 said:
RequiemLo64 said:

It is excessive because you already stated your opinion. People can infer you disagree when you said no and other people say yes. It would be one thing to say I disagree because of this, or I disagree, but could you go more into depth. All you did was say I'm wrong without any further commentary. That wasn't necessary at all especially when in my message I mentioned it was the afterlife and yet a kind of limbo. Last time I checked, we weren't able to revive after being killed, being stuck in a school for essentially eternity, and being able to create weapons by inputting some programming. A higher plane of existing is still different from your original world and thus can count when you can essentially stay there forever.

I get it! you’re pressed! you don’t have to keep mentioning it, again, if its a not a new world and the cast of angel beats weren’t reincarnated, transferred there, or summoned there its not an isekai, they died, that’s the land of the dead (for those who can’t pass on properly) why you think that thats a new world is beyond me
Oct 12, 2022 10:57 PM
Feb 2022
RequiemLo64 said:
Angel beats is not an isekai, you can’t fix ignorance, it is what it is, but just so y’all know a different world and different plane of existence do differ, there are aforementioned criteria for isekai plus if this was an isekai, the person who made this thread wouldn’t ask of you consider it to be one.

I mean i can ask you if carrot is considered a vegetable, doesn't automatically mean it isn't.
Oct 12, 2022 10:58 PM
Feb 2022
PurgatrioFan666 said:
the point of an isekai its the different povs of people from different worlds
in Angel Beats everyone is from earth, the people are the same you find in earth, the school is earthlike and the weapons are normal guns

No the point of an isekai is that it is an excuse to put the mc on a different power level than the other people without it not making sense just so he can fix some copy-paste girls.
Oct 12, 2022 11:05 PM
Aug 2020
Houtblokje said:
PurgatrioFan666 said:
the point of an isekai its the different povs of people from different worlds
in Angel Beats everyone is from earth, the people are the same you find in earth, the school is earthlike and the weapons are normal guns

No the point of an isekai is that it is an excuse to put the mc on a different power level than the other people without it not making sense just so he can fix some copy-paste girls.

isnt a different power level just a different pov on power? The other thing you mentioned is just a common thing that happens in isekais, not having that doesnt necessarily means its not an isekai, take yojo senki as an example
Oct 12, 2022 11:06 PM

Nov 2013
By Japan standards of how loose they use their words? Yes. But by subgenre that we usually use to describe a show? Nah. Its limbo.
Oct 12, 2022 11:10 PM
Feb 2022
PurgatrioFan666 said:
Houtblokje said:

isnt a different power level just a different pov on power? The other thing you mentioned is just a common thing that happens in isekais, not having that doesnt necessarily means its not an isekai, take yojo senki as an example

Yeah i know, it is just that most writers use the isekai genre as a cheap plot point, not to write a different perspective on power levels. Because if someone killed a dragon or something in the first few minutes after i met him, i would run away scared, not fall in love with him lol. But i do agree that, ideally, isekai anime show you interesting interactions between people of different backgrounds.
Oct 12, 2022 11:39 PM
Dec 2019
Houtblokje said:
RequiemLo64 said:
Angel beats is not an isekai, you can’t fix ignorance, it is what it is, but just so y’all know a different world and different plane of existence do differ, there are aforementioned criteria for isekai plus if this was an isekai, the person who made this thread wouldn’t ask of you consider it to be one.

I mean i can ask you if carrot is considered a vegetable, doesn't automatically mean it isn't.

Now you’re just doing the most smh 🤦🏻‍♂️
Oct 13, 2022 5:33 AM
Jun 2020
PachiDD said:
Just curious, would you consider Angel beats an isekai?

Technically,...if u haven't watched it ...then telling it to you would be spoiler.
Oct 16, 2022 10:32 PM
May 2021
It kinda depends on how you interpreted it
Oct 19, 2022 2:01 PM
Apr 2022
Why is everyone writing paragraphs now, it was just a silly question
Oct 24, 2022 11:47 AM

May 2017
kinda, but the world itself has a meaning and is more of the afterlife or even just a station.
May 21, 2023 6:17 AM
Jul 2019
Saw a post and that guy ranked Angel beats as an Isekai and we debated that this or this not an isekai. That guy really doesn't know the difference of plane of existence and Isekai. Its another Danmachi situation again OMFG.
Hartm12May 21, 2023 6:24 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Apr 2, 2010

677 by copypasterCPS »»
May 13, 11:31 AM

» Explanation

Vapor_AU - Apr 27

17 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
Apr 29, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1752 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 23, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.