Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 10, 2022 1:22 PM
Apr 2022
Do any of you guys remember that world where ushio and that robot lived in? This may sound stupid and probably is but does anyone know what that place is? And who is the robot? Since the show never really gives an explanation.
Oct 10, 2022 1:34 PM

Feb 2021
PachiDD said:
Do any of you guys remember that world where ushio and that robot lived in? This may sound stupid and probably is but does anyone know what that place is? And who is the robot? Since the show never really gives an explanation.

The robot is Tomoya and the Girl is Ushio.
Oct 10, 2022 1:49 PM
Mar 2022
Qynii said:
PachiDD said:

and the world is a parallel world. the first watch of clannad was hard to understand, need to watch twice to fully understand the world building, plot and foreshadowing.
Oct 10, 2022 3:32 PM

Jul 2015
Yey another opportunity to paste this phenomenal video:

Even on my first watch I understood most of those things, because they are literally in the face.
Everything is clear and properly explained in the anime.
You don't even need to play VN to understand it.
PiromyslOct 10, 2022 4:48 PM

Oct 10, 2022 4:47 PM

May 2009
Piromysl said:

Even on my first watch I understood most of those things, because they are literally in the face.
You don't even need to play VN to underwear it.

Fascinating. I’m glad I stumbled into this thread. Thanks for the video.
Oct 11, 2022 2:15 AM
Jun 2020
Deanomac2010 said:
Qynii said:

and the world is a parallel world. the first watch of clannad was hard to understand, need to watch twice to fully understand the world building, plot and foreshadowing.

To me it just felt like bad writing like they didn’t properly explain what is otherwise a key aspect of the story. Maybe I’m stupid
Oct 11, 2022 2:32 AM
Mar 2022
Cross_2D said:
Deanomac2010 said:

To me it just felt like bad writing like they didn’t properly explain what is otherwise a key aspect of the story. Maybe I’m stupid

kotomi explains in an episode (cant remember which one) that there other dimensional/parallel worlds next to the one they live in, while acts of kidness from people create those sparkly balls of light which travel through one world to another and those wishes were what gave ushio the ability to give tomoyo the chance to wish for his life back with nagisa and ushio once he accepted that he would go through all the terrible events even if the same happened again

just to clarify i had the same issue as you mate, i thought it could of been explained a little better, but if they did that it might give to much of a spoiler away and ruined the supernatural that happened.

there a viedo on youtube with a person callled under the slope i watched that cleared all my issues/worries and i suggust checking that out for closure.

i felt the world building and forshadowing definitely proves the narrative was done incredibly well :)
Oct 11, 2022 3:10 AM

Jul 2015
Cross_2D said:
Maybe I’m stupid

No offense but you're right.

On a serious note, I posted a video throughly explaining the ending. It's not really that complicated if you just paid attention.

Oct 12, 2022 1:14 AM

Feb 2021
Piromysl said:

You don't even need to play VN to understand it.

Love that video so much. His second best video after how warm it sounds.
Oct 12, 2022 6:20 AM
Jun 2020
Piromysl said:
Cross_2D said:
Maybe I’m stupid

No offense but you're right.

On a serious note, I posted a video throughly explaining the ending. It's not really that complicated if you just paid attention.

I stopped paying attention and started crying instead
Oct 13, 2022 9:20 AM
Mar 2021
PachiDD said:

*spoiler obviously*

The girl is Ushio and the robot is Tomoya,
The world is kind of a parallel world and it is not bound by time, and I would think that the events of that world take place after Ushio and Tomoya both died at ep 21 of Afterstory.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1171 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Jello - Mar 8, 2009

285 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KY791 - Mar 11, 2009

135 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

quentinlau - Feb 19, 2009

177 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

728 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 6:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.