Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 4, 2012 9:56 PM

Jan 2012
crocodile. <3333 he's too cool. looking forward to the marine ship battle.

also i finally appreciate why mr. 3 of all people was involved in this arc! luffy getting bright-eyed over the costume was really cute. despite everything, he's still managed to maintain a fun childlike sense of wonder.
Nov 23, 2012 2:57 PM

Mar 2010
Risky luffy with his rematch..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 22, 2013 3:07 PM

Apr 2012
i love seeing jinbei in action.
those guys on the marine ships are sooooo fucked heh
some really good action next episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2014 1:39 AM

Jan 2014
Now on to steal a ship while Candle Champion Luffy dukes it out.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Oct 21, 2014 11:24 AM

Oct 2013
Things are getting good :3

Jun 15, 2015 2:39 AM

Jun 2015
Jinbei is fucking awesome
Aug 30, 2015 11:53 AM

Mar 2015
I never thought that one day I would be cheering on crocodile
Jul 27, 2016 9:02 AM

Mar 2015
Awesome episode, wonder how they'll get to Marineford from here
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 2, 2016 3:09 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
flame_master_14 said:
D-did I just see a water kamehamaha wave!?

I screamed Kamehameha while watching that XD

Mar 26, 2019 6:48 AM

Jun 2016
I think this climax is one of my favorite parts in all of One Piece. It's absurd. it's easily my favorite teamwork we've seen and it's bringing out the best sides to an entire cast of characters we don't get to see enough of. I can't believe how awesome this has been. And, I think it will only get more awesome.

Firstly, I was so dumb not to see the obvious foreshadowing. Earlier we saw Mr.3 give Luffy a big wax modification to make him stronger. Later in the scene where we saw Buggy and Mr.3 trying to get through the poison wall, Mr.3 gave Buggy a wax gauntlet and we saw that due to that gauntlet it did not hurt Buggy's flesh or poison him. It was obvious foreshadowing but I was too busy thinking about the likes of Crocodile and Mr.1 to notice it, who imo have been relegated to the Sanji and Zoro of this arc, at least in their fearless fighting prowess.

So to bring that foreshadowing together in what is looking like my favorite team fight in the entire series is so amazing. I had predicted that Mr.3 and Buggy would have to have some great moments where they fought for the group and for Mr.3 to create that candle wall and save everyone, supply the artillery with shields, and genuinely help Luffy after giving him armor by blocking Hydra's is like more than I could ever ask for. Not only that, but I genuinely think Magellan is an endearing and great character and in different circumstances I would easily be rooting for him.

And it's not only Mr. 3, this arc is bringing the best sides out of everyone. Like I said earlier we can see Crocodile and Mr.1 being the much needed and fearless attack power of the escape group.
Mr. 3, Ivan, Inazuma, and Jimbei being the much needed support.
We even have the likes of Buggy showing why people can follow him so sincerely, sure in the end he's a self interested jerk but there's a reason why he's acquainted with so many legendary people. He sticks around with the strong and through dumb perseverance and an inability to not believe in himself being the greatest person in the world he gets what he wants, when he wants it, one way or another, and in the long term he does not give up. When he was at the gates he was commanding the people under him like a damn good captain, "GET READY, EVEN IF A THOUSAND NAVY MEN ARE OUT THERE WAITING FOR US, WE WILL BREAK OUT!", such words from Buggy of all people without a hint of his arrogance or ego kinda moved me.
Plus, it characterized Jimbei to be such a wonderful person this arc already. He's calm and collected and able to redirect Luffy's rage in appropriate directions. He's intellectual and was able to pick up on Magellan's amazing plan and work around it. He's incredibly strong, able to carry a door on his back that required the entire riot to even push it open and presumably swam faster than sea kings to launch his strongest people onto a navy ship. And lastly, he has a resolve and conviction he will gladly die for, for Ace and Whitebeard and peace. His line, "We may not make it but after coming this far we may as well go as far as we can" moved me.

THIS CLIMAX IS OUT OF THE WORLD AND I HOPE I EXPRESSED WHY IT EXCITED ME SO MUCH... This is seriously some of the greatest and most intense teamwork I've seen in this anime, it's so over the top, and it's so amazing for the characters involved. So, Croc, Mr.1, and Buggy are to slaughter and steal a navy ship on their own and fight off all the other ships around them. Jimbei will probably help. Then they will swoop back and pick everyone up. While that is happening Luffy and Mr.3 and their gang will fight Magellan with wax gloves and teamwork.

Sure, they could have used the sea prism nets against Magellan but you know what, since I've already accepted sea prism tactics as a plot device I've already stopped thinking about that as a possibility so to have all this amazing stuff instead of it is 100% okay with me.

P.S. Luffy had some incredible moments this episode too. No matter how many times he shows his resolve I will get chills in lines such as, "Remember you almost died fighting him last time!", "But, I'm alive now!", and "Do you forget what happened last time?", "I FORGOT IT ALL!". After having so much of Luffy getting his butt kicked it will be nice to see him probably come out on top with that resolve he's refused to give up on for once. Even though he nearly died last time and he's had so much failure, the thought of Magellan killing his friends was enough to send him barreling in to beat Magellan's face in. :)
Jun 6, 2019 1:05 PM
Apr 2019
What an good arc, everyone is coming back for round 2
Aug 27, 2020 1:26 PM

May 2016
Luffy facing off against Magellan with his wax armor while Jimbei and the others try to steal a marine ship is epic. Things can only get more intense in the next episode!

Sep 24, 2020 8:19 AM

Dec 2007
love to see the quality goes up again!

i actually thought that luffy should have fought magellan that way from the first time he fought this way the first demon beast.

and there they finally broke out from impel down!

thought that's not gonna be simple from the look of the preview...
Nov 8, 2020 6:59 PM
Nov 2019
Jinbei is really powerful. I'm also loving all the Crocodile and Mr. 1 scenes we're getting. Luffy vs. Magellan 2 is heating up as well.
May 28, 2021 12:53 PM

Jun 2019
Buggy must be Usopp's dear friend. LOL
Aug 13, 2022 5:51 PM

Dec 2018
this arc could have been done in 2 episodes and yet it's been 20. this is the worst thing i've ever had the misfortune to witness and i hope that everyone involved dies of ass cancer.
Jun 14, 2023 2:09 AM
Oct 2019
Mr.3 MVP!!

Jimbei Water Kamehameha are so cool.
davidyodo24Jun 14, 2023 2:20 AM
Jan 28, 8:24 PM

Oct 2019
It was fun to see Jimbei's powers ^^
May 3, 12:36 AM

Dec 2022
yessirree Luffy gets a full blown transformation scene and goes full mahou shoujo... or rather, mahou shonen ^_^
Buggy is so out of his league with that ultimate badass trio, especially impressive seeing as Croc didn't get exposed to a single waterdrop!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 474 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

JusticeGundam - Nov 6, 2010

106 by gannoncannon55 »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1105 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 18

50 by phantom346 »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 424 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Oct 31, 2009

87 by bakakisima »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 238 Discussion

Veethorn - Dec 5, 2009

44 by KonokoAsada »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 957 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FMmatron - Jan 9, 2021

159 by Tobacconist »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.