Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2022 9:48 AM
Oct 2020
>Sumika
>Extra
>VN OSTs
>Higher production value
>Marimo-chan
>Banger OP
>Properly adapted plot points

If only season 1 was like this
Oct 5, 2022 9:49 AM

Nov 2011
Not going to lie, this was kind of a boring start and return of the show. Most of the cast did return but nothing exciting seems to have happened yet.

Going to keep my expectations low for this season but hey, at least everyone seems to be confident and there's at least somewhat peace at school. I hope pacing improves.
Oct 5, 2022 9:50 AM

Jul 2017
Horrible Alternative is back...and it feels weird to have the OP done by both JAM Project and Minami Kuribayashi.

Takeru and the gang are back after the hunch-up in Alternative IV, though everything has been back to normal, but it seems like production took a massive hit being worse. It's a good thing that whatever Takeru did to avert Alternative V, it's working for the better.

The graduation of the 207th Cadet Flight Unit as soldiers is a monumental milestone for the gang in their fight as pilots, thanks to Sergeant Marimo leading them all this while in Season 1.

A slight sliver of hope that Season 2 will redeem Season 1's mess.
KANLen09Oct 10, 2022 11:10 AM
Oct 5, 2022 9:50 AM
Jun 2014
Much better so far. Hopefully they pace the rest similarly.
Oct 5, 2022 9:58 AM
May 2016
Really good episode. No complaints whatsoever.

Stark700 said:
Not going to lie, this was kind of a boring start and return of the show. Most of the cast did return but nothing exciting seems to have happened yet.

Going to keep my expectations low for this season but hey, at least everyone seems to be confident and there's at least somewhat peace at school. I hope pacing improves.

WTF? Do you know this ep and the s1ep12 are continuous in the VN?
Oct 5, 2022 10:51 AM
Jan 2019
Really liked this episode. The animation still won't win any prizes, but this kind of slower pacing is very welcome, as are the character moments we get this episode.
Oct 5, 2022 11:25 AM

Jul 2022
I happy to see this one back and look forward to watching it on Wednesday mornings this season. Not a bad "1st" episode with a sort of resolution and "moving on" of sorts.
Oct 5, 2022 11:28 AM

Jul 2019
The second transfer went a bit fast but i'm fine with this pacing. Fine episode.
Oct 5, 2022 12:05 PM
Oct 2022
Off topic (not about the episode, it was good in my opinion)

My mind is blowing up not knowing who is the girl in the ending next to Isumi captain (also she is in the opening as well in line with the Valkyries but I clearly don't remember lol). So my question is, does anyone know who is it? As much as I shame myself I don't recognize her at all, might be the animation only tho (characters look a bit different than the game, also played it long ago)

https://ibb.co/8dd38M3 --- the girl on the left next to Isumi.
Oct 5, 2022 12:07 PM
Jan 2019
Miamitoibiza said:

My mind is blowing up not knowing who is the girl in the ending next to Isumi captain (also she is in the opening as well in line with the Valkyries but I clearly don't remember lol). So my question is, does anyone know who is it? As much as I shame myself I don't recognize her at all, might be the animation only tho (characters look a bit different than the game, also played it long ago)

That is an anime original character, she's the girl that Komaki rescued on Sadogashima in episode 1 of season 1. She also showed up next to the other valkyries at the very end. As of now she has no name
Oct 5, 2022 12:22 PM
Oct 2022
Incognimous said:
Miamitoibiza said:

That is an anime original character, she's the girl that Komaki rescued on Sadogashima in episode 1 of season 1. She also showed up next to the other valkyries at the very end. As of now she has no name

I see, thank you dear sir! As one who played most of muvluv vn's (which is avalaible at least translated) I felt agonizing not recognizing her L0L, I was like wtf she's valkyrie and I don't recognize her at all(?). I thought sth like that too but honestly I don't remember her from the season 1, tho she wasn't that important anyway so no wonder. I checked up even wiki for valkyries šŸ¤£ and didn't see her. Gonna check ep1 for sure
Oct 5, 2022 1:42 PM

Feb 2019
So about a year’s passed and I still haven’t had a chance to play the VN yet lmao. Been so busy with Grisaia and reading LNs.. but my goal is to start the VN before this season ends, 11 more weeks lol.

In terms of this first episode back I loved it. Missed the characters and the world. After everything that happened with the shogun kidnapping last season it’s nice to see everyone being promoted and ready to join the real fight. Some nice quality time with Takeru and sensei today too.. lol. Art seems like it’s a lot better this season and the pace is nice and slow. Hope it continues.

ED is beautiful, really like it.
Oct 5, 2022 1:52 PM
Aug 2020
I could easily this episode being part of a proper Muv Luv alternative adaptation. Still, I'm pretty sure anime only watchers wont be able to realize this, as Most of the impact this episode could have had depended on a proper adaptation of Muv Luv unlimited and Extra
Oct 5, 2022 3:13 PM
Jul 2017
Solid episode. Pretty well-paced overall.

The OP is an absolute banger and the ED was a nice surprise. The visuals were really clean.

One thing that surprised me was that it's listed as Season 1 episode 13 on Crunchyroll — as if this was all planned to be split cour from the start.

They're clearly pacing this out such that if they were to do a full adaptation of Alternative, they'd finish up in 3 cours. But now I'm really wondering if that 3rd cour is gonna happen at all.
Oct 5, 2022 4:20 PM
Jun 2021
Hearing some of the original OST during the Graduation was great. Animation quality better this ep too. Hope they keep the production that this ep had for at least that scene.
GamingLiamStudioOct 5, 2022 4:28 PM
Oct 5, 2022 4:46 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
While I wasn’t the biggest fan of the first season of Muv-luv, I am happy to see Season 2 a year later. I do appreciate the lack of recap, tho I think I would have liked a small one, I also love being thrown right in. First getting to see Takeru’s original world again was nice, I definitely like this world better lol, this would make an awesome SoL/Romcom. And then seeing the cast graduate was nice too, I’m sure that has more impact if you’ve played the VNs but it was still a great scene, I appreciate the slower pacing too.

And I am a fan of the new OP and ED, JAM Project is awesome to see here and while I don’t like it more than the first OP it’s definitely a banger, and the ED being a slower and calmer song than the first ED is nice, I really like it and I’m sure it means some sad stuff will happen in this season, it’s a great ED but I will miss jamming out to the original ED lol. And with that we’re in for a new season of Muv-luv, even though I enjoyed the first one I do hope this one is better!
Oct 5, 2022 5:17 PM
Jun 2021
Fun fact about the OP; JAM Project & Minami Kuribayashi both did the OPs for the original VNs, which are bangers in their own respect.
'Muv-Luv' for Minami, the OP for Extra & Unlimited(OG, not All-Ages/Steam).
'Howl to the Future' for JAM Project, the OP for Muv-Luv Alternative.
Oct 5, 2022 7:57 PM
Jan 2020
I feel like this should've been the final episode of the last season
Oct 5, 2022 8:55 PM

Sep 2018
I loved the alteration of Destinity OST during the graduation scene. But my god what did they do to Radhabinod's voice
Official account of the Eastern Roman Empire
Oct 5, 2022 9:28 PM

Jan 2009
new OP and ED are nice too

so they graduated and now ready for war also Alternative 4 will be done

and they really love drawing Meiya sexy fanservices ever since season 1 but im not complaining at all

Oct 6, 2022 12:51 AM
Jan 2019
Byzantine_Empire said:
But my god what did they do to Radhabinod's voice

The guy is 76, cut him some slack :p Voice doesn't work the same way anymore as when he was younger.

I'm glad they let him reprise this role one more time and if they actually manage to get a third season and he can do the speech before the final sortie again.. that would be lovely.
Oct 6, 2022 5:04 AM

Dec 2012
Did it actually get better quality this season? I might watch for the sake of it
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Oct 6, 2022 5:44 AM
Feb 2015
Hmm, i wonder how much role will the anime original girl get.
And I guess they did their best to give Marimo some exposure i suppose.
Not much you can do in 1 episode after skipping out most character interactions till now.
Oct 6, 2022 10:29 AM

Jan 2009
Pietru said:
Did it actually get better quality this season? I might watch for the sake of it

if you mean the animation quality then no its still average to below average and the first episodes of any season is suppose to be the best animated episodes
Oct 6, 2022 11:06 AM
Oct 2022
Wait guys, anyone know if they confirmed episode list? Yesterday it was listed as ??? episodes, but now I see 12 episode on anichart, but I don't see any information around confirming it. Tell me it's not gonna be 12 episode, cause that would be impossible (?) I mean too much things went on the trailer, how the hell? 16-24 would be reasonable at most, but originally it would've been best with 50-100 episode
Oct 6, 2022 12:09 PM

Jun 2015
where is this play, the site I use says is chruncy but I can only access season 1 eps, no option for s2
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 6, 2022 12:25 PM

Dec 2012
deg said:
Pietru said:

if you mean the animation quality then no its still average to below average and the first episodes of any season is suppose to be the best animated episodes

Guess I won't ruin the memory I have of the visual novel then, thanks
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Oct 6, 2022 12:55 PM

Jan 2008
Roch2001 said:
where is this play, the site I use says is chruncy but I can only access season 1 eps, no option for s2

It's listed as Ep 13 on Crunchyroll.
Oct 7, 2022 7:09 AM

Sep 2007
Are you guys ready? Only one or two episodes to see everyone's reaction
Oct 7, 2022 7:27 PM

Jul 2014
Ugh, I still loathe the new character designs. Ugh, Takeru's VA. I don't bother with OP and ED anymore.

OH SHIT MARIMO CHAN

Miamitoibiza said:
Wait guys, anyone know if they confirmed episode list? Yesterday it was listed as ??? episodes, but now I see 12 episode on anichart, but I don't see any information around confirming it. Tell me it's not gonna be 12 episode, cause that would be impossible (?) I mean too much things went on the trailer, how the hell? 16-24 would be reasonable at most, but originally it would've been best with 50-100 episode

They speedran the first cour, this ep was pretty condensed from what I recall in the vn. I would not be surprised if this was another 12 ep.

deg said:
Pietru said:

If anything, they probably just continued where they left off. for all we know this was probably already finished and they're just releasing it one week at a time. But yeah same piss poor animation.

As of this posting, the rating is at 6.63. Lesgoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Oct 7, 2022 8:39 PM

Sep 2018
Marinate1016 said:
So about a year’s passed and I still haven’t had a chance to play the VN yet lmao. Been so busy with Grisaia and reading LNs.. but my goal is to start the VN before this season ends, 11 more weeks lol.

In terms of this first episode back I loved it. Missed the characters and the world. After everything that happened with the shogun kidnapping last season it’s nice to see everyone being promoted and ready to join the real fight. Some nice quality time with Takeru and sensei today too.. lol. Art seems like it’s a lot better this season and the pace is nice and slow. Hope it continues.

ED is beautiful, really like it.

Tbh, you should just start it now otherwise you'll end up postponing it to the end of time. Maybe even forgot after this anime stops airing.
Itll be easier to continue reading once you are already invested.

GamingLiamStudio said:
Fun fact about the OP; JAM Project & Minami Kuribayashi both did the OPs for the original VNs, which are bangers in their own respect.
'Muv-Luv' for Minami, the OP for Extra & Unlimited(OG, not All-Ages/Steam).
'Howl to the Future' for JAM Project, the OP for Muv-Luv Alternative.

'Muv-Luv' is also used as the ED for Alternative (so its both the opening and ending theme of the full story)

dailybread said:
>Sumika
>Extra
>VN OSTs
>Higher production value
>Marimo-chan
>Banger OP
>Properly adapted plot points

If only season 1 was like this

Yeah, if only it was up to par to some of the recent LN adaptations.
“Ha ha, the synergy between my left and right hand made them feel scared.” Ye Xiu said.
Oct 8, 2022 4:59 PM

Mar 2014
Yawn this is a boring start
Oct 9, 2022 12:14 AM
Jan 2019
OppaiSugoi said:
for all we know this was probably already finished and they're just releasing it one week at a time.

This is not how anime production works.
Oct 10, 2022 11:09 AM

Oct 2009
Finally, an OP by Jam Project. Not quite Asu he no Houkou, but still pretty good.

I can feel those soldier class' hunger through my screen. They are ready.
Oct 10, 2022 2:39 PM

Jul 2014
Incognimous said:
OppaiSugoi said:
for all we know this was probably already finished and they're just releasing it one week at a time.

This is not how anime production works.

I agree, but speedrunning the original source, a sin already committed. :(
Oct 12, 2022 9:38 AM

May 2009
Higher production values is huge overstatement from you, OP.
Oct 12, 2022 10:24 AM
Oct 2020
bastek66 said:

It's definitely higher than the last season
Oct 12, 2022 11:05 AM

May 2009
dailybread said:
bastek66 said:

It's definitely higher than the last season

It simply lacks QUALITY because it's first episode of the cour and it's production wasn't rushed. There was no scenes that required better animation in this episode.
Oct 19, 2022 5:22 AM
Mar 2012
totally forgot there's s2, not even sure it's worth it...
Ok Jam's OP is banger, and VWP's ED super nice.
I'd be ok with recap, but s1 was rushed, now premiere's super slow. Hope it balance out soon.
Jan 27, 7:15 PM
Jul 2022
Solid start, the beginning with Sumika was a lot more fluid than in season 1.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dailybread - Oct 12, 2022

85 by CafeAlpha »»
May 5, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2022

31 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 11, 2023 11:50 AM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2022

40 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 11, 2023 6:11 AM

» Worth watching?

TacoQZ - Oct 21, 2022

26 by otakuops7 »»
Jun 2, 2023 7:46 AM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2022

18 by Playcool »»
Jan 29, 2023 3:21 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.