Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 3, 2022 8:30 PM

Jun 2015
Or will we need to bleed over to a 6th season, or further? If possible, I'd like to finish off the series in one shot when I watch again.

No spoilers, pls.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 3, 2022 8:35 PM

May 2020
it won't be the last season

the manga is still ongoing

Oct 3, 2022 8:41 PM
Aug 2021
Not even close, to give you an idea, this fifth season may cover Koku You Campaign arc and the Bureaucrats Job arc. (58 chapters both)

And then we have the monster that is Western Zhao Invasion arc. (147 chapters)

Western Zhao invasion concludes on chap 642 and there are 730+ chapters available because the manga is still ongoing.

The mangaka also said that 1000 chapters wouldn’t be enough just for Unification of China, so manga still has some time left.

So… yeah the story is not concluding in the near future lol
Oct 3, 2022 9:45 PM

Mar 2021
I think manga hasn't even reached to a point where we could say, "Yeah!! this is gonna end now"

So I dont know how many more seasons are to come.
Oct 3, 2022 10:14 PM
Jul 2021
chausies said:
Or will we need to bleed over to a 6th season, or further? If possible, I'd like to finish off the series in one shot when I watch again.

No spoilers, pls.

i don't think so. because as a manga reader, i can tell that the real story hasn't begun yet.
finnbalorFinnOct 4, 2022 3:43 AM
Oct 3, 2022 10:16 PM

May 2020
they milking this show harder than the dragon ball franchise
Oct 3, 2022 11:19 PM

Jan 2021
Tbh for finishing the whole series they would need atleast 10 more seasons :)
So yea a lot is still left i would say even the manga would need atleast 12-13 yrs more to get a proper conclusion/ending
Oct 4, 2022 2:59 AM
Dec 2021
I haven't read the manga but i know 15 years is not enough for this story to end. Next arc might be about my favorite character, Kangi, then i don't really know but in the anime we're near 450 chapters adapted, if there's 750 chapters in total at the moment then i would say 2 or 3 more seasons to be up to date with the manga.
Oct 5, 2022 12:41 AM
Jun 2021
CickNipolla said:

not really
since the quality only seems to increase over time
which was not the case with dragon ball
Oct 5, 2022 5:34 AM
Jan 2014
CickNipolla said:

This is not milking. This is "having a lot to tell". This series is about one of the most intense times in chinese History, which, itself, is amongst the longest and most eventful History in the world. It was always to be expected that the manga would be long. "One Piece" is about milking, yes. The 1000 episodes could easily be cut down to 200. Simply because something is long doesn't mean it is milked... This needs some critical thinking.
Oct 6, 2022 3:43 PM
Sep 2022
the quality has been really great since season 3. if they continue releasing seasons yearly/biyearly it will be great. That said i do hope they don't decide to milk it and we get an entires episodes where nothing happens. time will tell
Oct 7, 2022 8:25 AM
Sep 2014
lol nah

without spoilers

441-495 chapters season 5
496 -643 chapters season 6 or with season 7
cuz how long it is that arc

644-701 season 7
702-733 until now so until this ar lets say season 8

lol
if it still succeed later it will be over 10 season easily
Oct 9, 2022 10:14 AM
Aug 2018
These are purely my speculations:
2024--> Season 5
2026--> Season 6
2028--> Season 7
2030--> Season 8
By the end of Season 8, the anime will have probably adapted until chapter 800 of the manga (assuming each season will have 26 episodes and adapts roughly 90 chapters)
We still have a very long journey ahead of us
Oct 11, 2022 5:28 AM
Mar 2016
Nah, the manga is still ongoing and out of the 6 enemy kingdoms
has fallen so far. So yeah, I won't be surprised if the manga will go on for another decade
OttoLannister550Oct 11, 2022 5:33 AM
Oct 11, 2022 10:59 AM
Jul 2020
chausies said:

No spoilers, pls.
It's gonna take a couple of years to finish this series
Oct 22, 2022 9:49 AM
Sep 2016
DioBrando_69420 said:
chausies said:

No spoilers, pls.
It's gonna take a couple of years to finish this series

Well worth the wait
(-:
Nov 26, 2022 4:05 PM

Jul 2021
OttoLannister550 said:
Nah, the manga is still ongoing and out of the 6 enemy kingdoms
has fallen so far. So yeah, I won't be surprised if the manga will go on for another decade

I read the manga, from what I remember, The one country who did not help in the coalition army, its king already agree that he is willing to give up his country in the event Chin is already counqured the other country.
Dec 9, 2022 4:07 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Manga has a few hundred more chapters to go.
Dec 25, 2022 8:46 AM

Jul 2021
Joche1 said:
Not even close, to give you an idea, this fifth season may cover Koku You Campaign arc and the Bureaucrats Job arc. (58 chapters both)

Western Zhao invasion concludes on chap 642 and there are 730+ chapters available because the manga is still ongoing.

The mangaka also said that 1000 chapters wouldn’t be enough just for Unification of China, so manga still has some time left.

LOVE IT, LOVE THE SHOW, if you like it who wouldn't want more?
Anime List
Debater
Recommendations
Dec 29, 2022 2:20 PM
Mar 2019
No, I would say it needs at least 6-7 seasons to finish the story.
Feb 18, 2023 5:43 AM
Jan 2023
6-7? I'm sorry, but it's not enough. Currently, the manga has over 300 more chapters than the anime, and the story continues. I think 10 seasons, unless they cut the manga.
Apr 27, 2023 2:38 AM
Jul 2015
Nox--- said:
CickNipolla said:

This is not milking. This is "having a lot to tell". This series is about one of the most intense times in chinese History, which, itself, is amongst the longest and most eventful History in the world. It was always to be expected that the manga would be long. "One Piece" is about milking, yes. The 1000 episodes could easily be cut down to 200. Simply because something is long doesn't mean it is milked... This needs some critical thinking.
Thank you! That guy talking about milking the show knows nothing about what he’s talking about. This is about history not commerce. Hara sensei is telling an amazing story with so much depth and culture, it needs time and the room to be as spectacular as it is.
"Kisama ho...KURUSU!....PITOUUUUUUU!!!" - Gon Freecss
Apr 27, 2023 5:48 AM
Jan 2014
RantKingMeruem said:

Thank you! That guy talking about milking the show knows nothing about what he’s talking about. This is about history not commerce. Hara sensei is telling an amazing story with so much depth and culture, it needs time and the room to be as spectacular as it is.

I would theorize that there is something of a culture shock here. I find it interesting. The profile of 'this guy' states that he is from the USA. Culture, in the USA, tends to be all about pandering and delivering, about making it a product that sells to the masses, and hence, is all about immediate, lowbrow satisfaction. Not all, but many americans are used to this and find it normal. Being raised there, this now defines their idea of 'quality' entertainement. But this is true everywhere: where you were raised shaped your views. In Japan, it is all about taking time, frustrating people for years, and raising anticipation constantly: it is the opposite of immediate satisfation, it is about neverending teasing. The idea behind what is a good 'cultural product' and what the right way to deliver it is, are completely at odds in those places.

And what i find interesting, too, is that, while i am french, you are seemingly british... Considering what our respective positions is on this matter, i believe that should tell a lot ;). Yeah, Europe is in-between everything, somehow. And truth is always a matter of perspective.
May 19, 2023 3:59 AM

Jan 2017
Lol no ways, there's still a lot to go, 
the manga is almost Naruto+Boruto level long.
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Jul 4, 2023 4:06 PM

Mar 2010
Nox--- said:
RantKingMeruem said:

I would theorize that there is something of a culture shock here. I find it interesting. The profile of 'this guy' states that he is from the USA. Culture, in the USA, tends to be all about pandering and delivering, about making it a product that sells to the masses, and hence, is all about immediate, lowbrow satisfaction. Not all, but many americans are used to this and find it normal. Being raised there, this now defines their idea of 'quality' entertainement. But this is true everywhere: where you were raised shaped your views. In Japan, it is all about taking time, frustrating people for years, and raising anticipation constantly: it is the opposite of immediate satisfation, it is about neverending teasing. The idea behind what is a good 'cultural product' and what the right way to deliver it is, are completely at odds in those places.

And what i find interesting, too, is that, while i am french, you are seemingly british... Considering what our respective positions is on this matter, i believe that should tell a lot ;). Yeah, Europe is in-between everything, somehow. And truth is always a matter of perspective.
Just happened to read this and i must say i agree. Also European here and that's a really interesting point you bring out. Personally i really like the way Japanese do things, at least for this series. And there is also fun in some series that Americans do. But since this series is produced in Japan it should be obvious. As someone who doesn't know much about Chinese history this series is a great way to get to know more about its history. And i'm totally fine with waiting. In fact when a story just concludes it is usually put aside and forgotten easily.

As to the OP, perhaps it's not bleeding if you don't take it as suffering in the first place. Enjoy the characters, the story, if you forget, rewatch it again. Of course if you feel like it. In the end it's your own free time. I'll likely rewatch it since i also took a small break from reading/watching it. For longer series it's normal that it happens. 
Jul 4, 2023 8:06 PM
Jan 2014
Lylaaz said:
Just happened to read this and i must say i agree. Also European here and that's a really interesting point you bring out. Personally i really like the way Japanese do things, at least for this series. And there is also fun in some series that Americans do. But since this series is produced in Japan it should be obvious. As someone who doesn't know much about Chinese history this series is a great way to get to know more about its history. And i'm totally fine with waiting. In fact when a story just concludes it is usually put aside and forgotten easily.

As to the OP, perhaps it's not bleeding if you don't take it as suffering in the first place. Enjoy the characters, the story, if you forget, rewatch it again. Of course if you feel like it. In the end it's your own free time. I'll likely rewatch it since i also took a small break from reading/watching it. For longer series it's normal that it happens. 

When it comes to personal tastes, if i had to state mine rather than merely talking trends and tendencies, i will say that i gave up on mostly anything made in USA a decade ago, because i always feel more stupid after watching. Mickael Bay's "Transformers" was the nail into the Hollywood coffin, because it defined what would sold in the years to come. There are some good films still, like the "Joker", or "Mandy", but they are far between these days. I find things in japanese writing that i can't find anywhere else. You know, subtletly. How storytelling oftentimes happens through psychology or unsaid facts. How the reader is not necessarily regarded as an idiot who has eyes but no brain to interpret what he sees. Shoujo, Seinen, Josei are, most of the time relying of the reader's (or watcher's) ability to pause and connect the dots by him/herself. While every place and person has its own perspective on what is good, mine is not as in-between as i suggested above. I lean towards the east far more.
Jul 17, 2023 5:39 AM
Jul 2020
Joche1 said:

I don't know the serie well, will this season have a great score like the previous ones?
Jul 28, 2023 5:58 PM
Apr 2020
zooker said:
lol nah

without spoilers

441-495 chapters  season 5
496 -643  chapters  season 6 or with  season 7
    cuz how long it is  that arc

644-701 season 7
702-733 until now so until this ar lets say season 8

lol
if it still succeed later it  will be over 10 season easily

Season 1 which was 38 episodes long covered 147 chapters from chapter 1 to chapter 73 and from chapter 101 to chapter 173 with each episode covering about 3 chapters and three quarters.

Season 2 which was 39 episodes long covered 95 chapters from chapter 74 to chapter chapter 81 and from chapter 174 to chapter 261 with each episode covering about 2 chapters and a half.

Season 3 which was 26 episodes long covered 102 chapters from chapter 261 to chapter 364 with each episode covering about 4 chapters.

Season 4 which was 26 episodes long covered 76 chapters chapter 364 to chapter 441 with each episode covering about 3 chapters.

If Season 5 will be 26 episodes long, it should cover 58 chapters from chapter 441 to chapter 485 with each episode covering about 2 chapters and a half.

If Season 6 and season 7 are both 26 episodes long, they should cover 147 chapters from chapter 496 to chapter 642 with each episode covering about 3 chapters.

If Season 8 will be 26 episodes long, it should cover 59 chapters from chapter 643 to chapter 701 with each episode covering about 2 chapters and a half.

If Season 9 will be 26 episodes long, it should cover 54 chapters from chapter 702 to chapter 755 with each episode covering about 2 chapters and a quarter.

If Season 10 will be 26 episodes long, it should cover from chapter 756 onwards (arc is still ongoing).
KingSunWukongJul 30, 2023 7:57 AM
Aug 6, 2023 8:59 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Kinda too early to be the last season. The 1st anime cover is hinting that it might focus on certain chara's story.
Aug 10, 2023 4:22 PM
Jul 2012
CickNipolla said:
In no way is the series being milked. Kingdom is story dense and void of unnecessary filler. 
Aug 19, 2023 1:16 AM
Dec 2019
If they adapt at the current speed and the manga will likely be going for 1100-1400 chapters well then it will end between season 14-15 haha 
Aug 19, 2023 1:18 AM
Dec 2019
jjrocks24 said:
CickNipolla said:
In no way is the series being milked. Kingdom is story dense and void of unnecessary filler. 
right they should do a remake of season 1 to be honest get more people into the anime!
Sep 17, 2023 6:43 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to Joche1

Em qual capítulo o anime parou no mangá?
Oct 26, 2023 5:45 AM
Apr 2020
Reply to Leandrost
Em qual capítulo o anime parou no mangá?
@Leandrost The last episode of season 4 of Kingdom stopped during chapter 441 of the manga.
Nov 2, 2023 9:28 AM
Jan 2021
not even close man animes like just over half caught up to the manga. how do you want them to unify China in a season 😭🤣
Jan 23, 12:21 PM
Apr 2020
As the first episodes of Kingdom Season 5 were released and covered the content of about 4 chapters per episode like in season 3, my speculations about the content of each season has now changed compared to what I thought so here are my new speculations :

2024 : If Season 5 will be 26 episodes long, it should cover

2025 : If Season 6 will be 26 episodes long, it should cover

2026 : If Season 7 will be 26 episodes long, it should cover

2027 : If Season 8 will be 26 episodes long, it should cover

2028 : If Season 9 will be 26 episodes long, it should cover
KingSunWukongFeb 4, 7:11 PM
Jan 25, 5:18 AM
Mar 2022
Nope, not in the slightest.
Jan 26, 3:11 AM
Jan 2024
Why do you want it to conclude the story? We want the whole manga animated. So don't come with ypur silly questions.
Jan 28, 1:40 PM
May 2019
We still have a very long journey !
The manga is still ongoing so it will take more than 10 seasons
Jan 28, 11:05 PM

Jul 2008
I guess the better question is, will the anime keep going?
Feb 2, 2:17 PM
Sep 2019
Reply to Nox---
Lylaaz said:

When it comes to personal tastes, if i had to state mine rather than merely talking trends and tendencies, i will say that i gave up on mostly anything made in USA a decade ago, because i always feel more stupid after watching. Mickael Bay's "Transformers" was the nail into the Hollywood coffin, because it defined what would sold in the years to come. There are some good films still, like the "Joker", or "Mandy", but they are far between these days. I find things in japanese writing that i can't find anywhere else. You know, subtletly. How storytelling oftentimes happens through psychology or unsaid facts. How the reader is not necessarily regarded as an idiot who has eyes but no brain to interpret what he sees. Shoujo, Seinen, Josei are, most of the time relying of the reader's (or watcher's) ability to pause and connect the dots by him/herself. While every place and person has its own perspective on what is good, mine is not as in-between as i suggested above. I lean towards the east far more.
@Nox---

I'm in the USA and I think it has hit and misses like anywhere else. There has been a serious decline in movies and series. A lot of fear to create new content under new names. You see a ton of taking established material then thinking their writers are better they change damn near everything but the names lol. Also in say the 90s and early 2000s you got series with 15-20 episodes season. Nowadays you are lucky to get 10 and it takes a good 3-5 years, usually for around 5. The Asian market is definitely on their A game. Putting out a ton of mostly original content.
Feb 10, 6:26 PM
Jan 2014
Reply to Jyoshiro
@Nox---

I'm in the USA and I think it has hit and misses like anywhere else. There has been a serious decline in movies and series. A lot of fear to create new content under new names. You see a ton of taking established material then thinking their writers are better they change damn near everything but the names lol. Also in say the 90s and early 2000s you got series with 15-20 episodes season. Nowadays you are lucky to get 10 and it takes a good 3-5 years, usually for around 5. The Asian market is definitely on their A game. Putting out a ton of mostly original content.
@Jyoshiro

Ok, let's talk about this problem more deeply, then.

Problem in the USA is overall stupidity. I am sorry, but it is true. They continue to believe that investing millions in forceful marketing will make bad stuff good. This has worked for a long time through brainwashing, but even this has its limits. They think it will sell as long as they have a brand to put on a flyer. But the world changes, and producers there turned off their brain to rely on no-risks anti-strategies where analysis is not even a thing anymore. This is the problem with their Marvel or DC stuff. They tend to always believe they can rely on "brands" and "IPs" and that it will sell just because. And they assume that anything "made in the USA" is bound to be popular elsewhere, which is plain wrong.

This reminds me of this german guy who was laughing so hard when he retold this story of how Wallmart crashed so damn hard there. How they were so conceited and confident that "Wallmart" was such a great brand anyway, that they could simply succeed without ever analyzing the market. They built their gigantic stores, nobody came there, and it was a resounding failure. If anything, brands like "Wallmart", "Starbucks", "Google" or whatever inspire defiance more than awe... They are disconnected with the reality, have a very poor reputation, and shareholders believe that having the money makes every last one of their dream a reality. Which may be true in the USA, but not elsewhere, because of clashing worldviews and values.

And then, they make revisionist/propagandist trash films like Nolan's "Dunkerque" and even have the gall to try to sell this abomination in France. France, where 40 000 french and 20 000 german soldiers died during this battle, where the surrounded french fought against all odds, sometimes at 1 against 20 to allow for the british to run away. (40 000 is 10 times the losses the UK suffered in the whole Campain (4000), since they didn't fight much and ran away day 7, in Belgium. Germans were saying at the time: "the british will fight to the last french")... And then, Nolan made "Dunkerque" to showcase how cowardly the french soldier was while the british one was so heroïc. Obviously, people felt disgusted by it and rightfully trashed the film. The big part of those who know enough about History to notice what Nolan was doing, at least. This lowered yet again the image of both Hollywood and the USA.

So, the 2nd problem in the USA is the conceit that makes them use Hollywood as a way to futher their hegemonic agenda. I smiled when i saw americans trash "Carole and Tuesday" because they took it for a Trump criticism. Hollywood and the US TV do this all the time, with no qualms.

And in the end, there are more and more studies that explain how the IQ is dropping in this world. Apparently, the worst these past 20 years is the USA. The UK seemingly lost 14 average IQ points in 20 years. My country lost 4 and ranks 17th in the world (which is much better than i thought, considering the amounts of idiots i see everywhere even here). The countries that rank best and barely lost any IQ are asian countries. The why is pretty obvious. Now that i have tackled all the problems with USA produced stuff... let's talk a bit about asian stuff.

Their productions never serve a political agenda, or showcase the idea that "we are great, you suck". Because they are not stupid enough to do this. Plus, they stimulate their public's brains, and the less stupid people are, the better they can understand what it is that they are fed. This creates a discrepancy between those societies that still value brain usage, and those that don't. And, finally, animations studios are small entities, not corporations. This is mostly artisanal work, and there are no gigantic financial or political interests behind.

Now to conclude: the problem in the USA is a general one, which could be summed up using the word "stupidy". Hollywood sinks like the Atlantide the same way the country does. It is clear why South Korea is widely regarded as the present day cinema haven for quality while Hollywood becomes more and more a joke that lost its reputation for quality. The brand "Hollywood" is ruined. For all the reasons i listed above.
Nox---Feb 10, 6:44 PM
Feb 20, 10:11 AM

Oct 2014
Reply to PirateHasan
Lol no ways, there's still a lot to go, 
the manga is almost Naruto+Boruto level long.
@PirateHasan Naruto and what? I cant see what's after ''+''
Feb 22, 11:07 AM

Jan 2017
Reply to ThePoetKiller
@PirateHasan Naruto and what? I cant see what's after ''+''
@ThePoetKiller lol
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Mar 9, 1:39 AM

Jul 2012
Reply to KingSunWukong
As the first episodes of Kingdom Season 5 were released and covered the content of about 4 chapters per episode like in season 3, my speculations about the content of each season has now changed compared to what I thought so here are my new speculations :

2024 : If Season 5 will be 26 episodes long, it should cover

2025 : If Season 6 will be 26 episodes long, it should cover

2026 : If Season 7 will be 26 episodes long, it should cover

2027 : If Season 8 will be 26 episodes long, it should cover

2028 : If Season 9 will be 26 episodes long, it should cover
@KingSunWukong that sums it up quite well imo
Mar 9, 4:07 PM

Nov 2016
One Piece will end before Kingdom.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 23, 9:44 PM
Sep 2022
Can anyone post here when the first arc of season 5 finishes?
Mar 24, 2:48 AM
Dec 2021
Reply to Joche1

@Joche1 I think we have to grow old with this manga😂😂
Mar 24, 2:53 AM
Dec 2021
Reply to CickNipolla
@CickNipolla They aren't milking anything. The manga and the story is based on true events and true battles according to shiji records and records of the grand historian.
Mar 25, 3:04 PM
Apr 2020
- Kingdom Season 3 which had 26 episodes covered 102 chapters with each episode covering about 4 chapters
- Kingdom Season 4 which had 26 episodes covered 76 chapters with each episode covering about 3 chapters
- As the following source indicated that Kingdom Season 5 will only have 13 episodes covering the 45 remaining chapters of the Koku You Campaign Arc :

Kingdom Season 5 Airs Final 12th/13th Episodes Consecutively on March 30 :
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2024-03-25/kingdom-season-5-airs-final-12th-13th-episodes-consecutively-on-march-30/.209202#:~:text=The%20official%20website%20for%20the,11%3A00%20a.m.%20EDT

Following the data that I mentionned above, here are now my new speculations :

2025 : If Season 6 will have 26 episodes, it should cover about 83.5 chapters with each episode covering about between 3 and 4 chapters :

2026 : If Season 7 will have 26 episodes, it should cover about 79.5 chapters with each episode covering about between 3 and 4 chapters :

2027 : If Season 8 will have 16 episodes, it should cover about 53 chapters with each episode covering about between 3 chapters and 4 chapters :

2028 : If Season 9 will have 22 episodes, it should cover about 67 chapters with each episode covering about between 3 chapters and 4 chapters :

2029 : If Season 10 will have 26 episodes, it should cover :
KingSunWukongApr 1, 12:47 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kingdom 5th Season Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 30

29 by Jipsi »»
May 22, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 5th Season Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 30

40 by PrimeX »»
May 22, 9:58 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 5th Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 23

45 by PrimeX »»
May 22, 7:52 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 5th Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16

48 by PrimeX »»
May 22, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 5th Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9

36 by PrimeX »»
May 22, 5:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.