Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2022 3:31 AM

May 2020
You know, in the few years I’ve been reading manga and light novels, I’ve never read an ending that’s this satisfying. It tied up mostly everything and left a few more things open ended. Seriously, it’s really nice to see an author take his time to end the story properly and not just go through the ending like he needs to finish it before his train arrives or something.

Overall, this was a pretty good series. I did not anticipate that it would take me this long to finish reading it and I’ll admit, I lost interest around halfway though but it’s still a pretty good read. While I do think it relies waaaaay too much on the whole “Power of Friendship” trope, I feel like it’s explored in enough depth (at least for me) that it doesn’t feel like a crutch used to deus ex machina out of every situation (although sometimes it does get to be a bit much).

The characters are definitely the best part of this but personally, I feel like I lost interest in them after around the 5th or 6th volume. I feel like they developed as far as they could and while it wasn’t completely boring, I just didn’t find the characters that compelling after a certain point.

More topics from this board

» Can anyone write a short summary of vol 10 and 11?

Hejtero - May 31, 2020

6 by TitanInsane »»
Sep 24, 2022 3:19 AM

» Is this worth it?

PaperCutAssassin - Jul 9, 2022

1 by SynphonyKnight »»
Jul 21, 2022 3:00 AM

» Looks like K-on

Aqua_Lucas - Nov 30, 2021

1 by Yinkie66 »»
Dec 8, 2021 10:05 PM

» how

Stars-Soul - Apr 25, 2020

1 by ash_utosh »»
Nov 16, 2021 1:22 PM

» Volume 5+

Lucidita - Feb 20, 2021

1 by crescensXG »»
Feb 20, 2021 8:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.