Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 18, 2022 9:10 AM

Jul 2015
While browsing Livechart, I found this:
Berserk: Ougon Jidaihen - MEMORIAL EDITION" (Berserk: The Golden Age Arc - MEMORIAL EDITION).
Maybe I've been looking poorly, but I haven't seen anyone on MAL talking about this, nor does it have its own entry.
Are Berserk movies receiving Mugen Train treatment?

Sep 18, 2022 9:23 AM

Jan 2017
Piromysl said:
Berserk: Ougon Jidaihen - MEMORIAL EDITION" (Berserk: The Golden Age Arc - MEMORIAL EDITION).
Maybe I've been looking poorly, but I haven't seen anyone on MAL talking about this, nor does it have its own entry.

You won't see much person talking about it on the 97 Anime entry , but there is a few threads in the Movies/Manga ones.
It's not yet in the database , as the mods probably wait for more infos to drop. (I think it doesn't fit the guidelines with what we know as of now)

As for the Mugen Train , it's a little bit different.
They are taking the Trilogy of Movies , and turning it into a TV Series with newly animated scenes to mark the death of Miura. (I think i've heard that they'll re-animate everything ?)
The fact that they waited 1+ years for that could hint that they plan something else , but it's just speculation.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Sep 18, 2022 10:06 AM
Feb 2022
i just want more of this dont care how or way just do it
Sep 18, 2022 10:09 AM

Jul 2015
Alexioos95 said:
Piromysl said:

You won't see much person talking about it on the 97 Anime entry , but there is a few threads in the Movies/Manga ones.
It's not yet in the database , as the mods probably wait for more infos to drop. (I think it doesn't fit the guidelines with what we know as of now)

As for the Mugen Train , it's a little bit different.
They are taking the Trilogy of Movies , and turning it into a TV Series with newly animated scenes to mark the death of Miura. (I think i've heard that they'll re-animate everything ?)
The fact that they waited 1+ years for that could hint that they plan something else , but it's just speculation.

Thank you.
Garden of Sinners also received the same TV treatment, but had it's entry removed. The fesosn was, that it did not had TV original scenes.
Mugen Train had, so it has it's own entry.
According to the description, new TV Berserk will have original scenes, so it should have it's own entry.

Sep 18, 2022 10:16 AM

Jan 2017
Piromysl said:
Garden of Sinners also received the same TV treatment, but had it's entry removed. The fesosn was, that it did not had TV original scenes.
Mugen Train had, so it has it's own entry.
According to the description, new TV Berserk will have original scenes, so it should have it's own entry.

II.2 Re-release Edits and Format Changes
II.2.1 OVA series that are released in their entirety and later broadcast on television will have an additional entry for the TV version if the OVA episode durations are incompatible with TV broadcast and require recompilation. (e.g. Magi: Sinbad no Bouken (TV), Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096)

II.2.2 Movie series that premiere in theaters only a few months before television broadcast will have an additional entry for the TV version if BD/DVD discs are sold including both Movie & TV versions. (e.g. Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!!, Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari)

II.2.3 Series that are released in their entirety in one format (TV/OVA/ONA) and later compiled for a subsequent theatrical release will have an additional entry for the movie.

II.2.4 Re-releases of the same format will be added only if there's a significant amount of new material added to the story. (e.g. Kono Sekai no (Sara ni Ikutsumo no) Katasumi ni)
Psycho-Pass Extended Edition is not eligible since it is a re-cut version with extra monologue and transitions between the first and second part of each episode.
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu: Shin Henshuu-ban is not eligible since the only new content, which is a 4-minute scene at the very end of the last episode, is included in the first episode of the second season.

Mugen Train falls under 2.3 , so it got a new entry.
Kara no Kyoukai TV & Berserk Memorial currently falls in none. (Or i missread things)
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Episode 8 Discussion

Zell182 - Aug 4, 2009

43 by Lun4t1cc »»
May 13, 4:53 AM

» Berserk Golden Age Sequel

18927 - Apr 21

22 by eaten-apple »»
Apr 22, 4:15 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Friendlysoul - Mar 11, 2008

513 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Apr 12, 11:03 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zell182 - Aug 5, 2009

76 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Apr 12, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zell182 - Aug 5, 2009

78 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Apr 11, 11:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.