Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 15, 2022 6:16 PM
Oct 2021
Whoah… twist. Now this is getting interesting.

And Creepy Nuts is now my new favorite.
EntropyEnhancedSep 15, 2022 6:21 PM
Sep 15, 2022 6:18 PM

Feb 2020
Im confused how did he die to sunlight, I thought they didn't die from that?? At least Nazuna and the other female vampires I could have sworn in one of the episodes they were out and about during the day right????

Sep 15, 2022 6:28 PM
May 2022
So much happened, I still have no clue how it will end, completely blew me away.
Sep 15, 2022 6:48 PM
Nov 2021
Wasnt expecting an antagonist to appear so late in the season. ig mc couldnt be worse at picking customers.
Sep 15, 2022 6:50 PM

Mar 2014
Disoriented said:
Im confused how did he die to sunlight, I thought they didn't die from that?? At least Nazuna and the other female vampires I could have sworn in one of the episodes they were out and about during the day right????

I had the same impression, that these vampires didn't die in the sunlight. It surprised me when this guy did.
Sep 15, 2022 6:54 PM
Jun 2022
ProofByColor said:
Huh this episode is weird. Trying to sneak a plot into this series I guess? This does raise some questions I suppose because it's pretty strange. So far all the vampires we've seen are cute girls who can live normal lives, so what all male vampires become these deranged mfers who need blood and can't go out in sunlight? Kinda stupid if that's how it's supposed to work.

Trick the reader into being all "oh look hot anime vampire girls, that rly gets me going. I can't wait till MC-kun gets to become a vampire" but then "on no male vampires are actually deranged monsters what drama." They avoided showing us any male vampires the entire series, but maybe that's just because "ew boy characters. Teenager readers in Japan don't want to see that" (literally one other male character in the entire show) so I'm not sure. If it really is a stupid meta reason like that then idk wtf was wrong with old man here because clearly vampires can live just fine.

Akkun did become a vampire apparently but we saw absolutely nothing happen to him physically/mentally in the few seconds we got with him as a vamp and haven't seen him since.

Idk maybe it's rly just vampires can live totally normally except in rare circumstances, so I, the detective vampire hunter must kill them all. Even that is kinda sus because she clearly knows about some of our female vamp squad as she knew about Ko's wish to become a vamp. Has she been staking out for the right time to kill them? Or once again are female vampires okay?

the entire male part is wrong but i can see why you have these assumptions
Sep 15, 2022 6:58 PM
Jun 2022
Disoriented said:

tbh the whole sunlight thing still confuses me too so i was just thinking that maybe it was the silver in the ring or smthng
Sep 15, 2022 7:15 PM

May 2021
anime ganhou um tom completamente diferente, new waiufu desbloqueada
perfeitinha, visual super bonito, a dubladora está fazendo um ótimo trabalho também
Sep 15, 2022 7:50 PM

Jul 2014
Oh damn I wasn't expecting that second half, I guess it was time to see the ugly side of this vampire world. Like, I've always wondered what happens with the offspring they make so even if it didn't answer all my doubts, it was interesting to see. And being on that topic, seems like Akkun has been reported missing. I'd like to see what he's up to now that he's a vampire, looks like he left everything for Seri.

Detective lady is so cool. It's nothing new but Miyuki Sawashiro's voice is so sexy <3.

Ko being surprised that detectives are real was hilarious.

Akira is such a cutie. Poor girl has had it rough today though, first Mahiru scaring the shit out of her and then being attacked by a freaking vampire.
Sep 15, 2022 7:58 PM
Aug 2019
Disoriented said:

I'm confused as well. Maybe the ring made him weak to the sunlight or something? I guess we'll get it explained later anyways tho lol
Sep 15, 2022 8:11 PM
Jan 2022
super weird I still don't understand people saying that this anime is boring to binge watch it's slow burn anime fleshing out the story the characters building relationships I just don't get it at all call of the night is awesome fun interesting there's something behind the story it engages you not boring at all
Sep 15, 2022 8:19 PM

Apr 2015
The true best girl is here and voice by the most sexy voice in all Japan: Miyuki Sawashiro.

Anko is such a intersting character and totaly vibe change in the series, love the change of colors during all the episode.
Sep 15, 2022 8:42 PM
Sep 2016
godly episodeeee
Sep 15, 2022 8:48 PM
Jan 2022
The mood of the whole series changed so fast
Sep 15, 2022 9:13 PM

Oct 2021
I agree with other posters about this episode's shift in tone. I like how well they set up the change within this episode. I didn't see the second half's stark turn coming at all.

phantomfandom said:
This might be my first anime ever that I've witness a character younger than a legal drinking age buying alcohol drinks.

This! I was waiting for her to call him out for buying 0%-alcohol drinks or something
Sep 15, 2022 9:29 PM

Aug 2019
Anko: in her late 20s, detective that is also a vampire hunter, calm personality but can be teasing, takes danger head on, and the best part, is voiced by Sawashiro Miyuki. Consider me weak in the fucking knees.

Nah fr, the way they introduced Anko's character was really well done especially in a single episode, Yamori coming across her then finding out she's a detective, her suddenly showing a pic of Akkun, watching her switch gears when Yamori hesitated, her saving the three before giving the male vampire a pretty peaceful death, and finally giving Yamori a fat reality check that vampires aren't all sun shine and rainbows. All of this is already making me like her character. Her being voiced acted by Sawashiro Miyuki is honestly just a personal bonus for me tho, love her work.

Storyboard this ep gave me Monogatari vibes. Yamori's first talk with Anko ramping up from a casual convo to missing people, the way Anko's cigarette smoke changed in the air, the focus on character posture and movement. Then the literal snap from the three strolling around the school to immediate purple lighting, dead silence three and a dark figure in the middle of the room. Finally the ending scene of Yamori walking in the day time which was rare with all the signs + monologue at the end with him realizing that he quite literally "knows nothing about vampires" were some of the scenes that really stood out to me.

Anko's intro might very much be the call before the storm for Yamori's nice nights with Nazuna. And i'm very much looking forward to see how the story will go from here.
Sep 15, 2022 11:03 PM
Dec 2020
It's the reveal most fans have been waiting for, and I gotta say, they handled Anko's introduction really well. I like how everything went all film noir when she came on screen in the school, and her VA fits her role perfectly.

We finally get to one of the biggest thematic shifts in the entire series, from the cutesy SOL with romantic undertones to full blown supernatural thriller, seemingly in the blink of an eye. I thought they were gonna hold off on the exorcism until the final episode since it matched up with the three chapters an episode model they had *mostly* been utilizing so far (episode 13 = chapter 39), but I guess they had other plans. Wonder what they're gonna do for the final two episodes then.

NachoMist said:
i swear to fuck i'm gonna be so mad if this new detective character really shows up for the final three episodes and talks yamori out of becoming a vampire
It's an adaptation of an ongoing series, I wouldn't worry about that.
Sep 15, 2022 11:17 PM
Dec 2020
This sudden atmosphere changes remind me of stein gates, madoka, shinsekai yori, etc. Everything in the begining is very slowly, somehow feel relaxing, normal, and look unimportant, and then boom.
Sep 15, 2022 11:18 PM
Aug 2020
I think I'm Weirdly attracted to Ms. Detective Lady Uguisu Anko.
SymonAbadeerSep 15, 2022 11:29 PM
Sep 15, 2022 11:26 PM
Aug 2020
Ayo what was that at the middle of the bottom shelf??? 🤨
Nazuna Sus 😳

Sep 15, 2022 11:34 PM
Nov 2020
Crazy ending to have me waiting for the next two episodes.
Sep 15, 2022 11:35 PM
May 2021
Nailed the detective!
Sep 15, 2022 11:44 PM

May 2019
It's great to see Akira again but shame she had a horrible night by getting scared and attacked. Btw, did anyone else notice that Kou showed almost super human ability twice, first by easily jumping the fence to get into the school and then by hitting the male vampire really hard with the chair? Made me start thinking if he could already be a vampire but probably not, maybe walking everywhere and hanging out with Nazuna has made him stronger?

Anyways, that new detective lady is pretty impressive but I could see her becoming Nazuna's nemesis. Hope they make a second season as things are now really getting more interesting.
Sep 16, 2022 12:13 AM

Feb 2014
Comfy vibes turned to creepy ones. Night will never be the same again.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 16, 2022 12:13 AM
Jul 2021
Very intense episode with the potential to change the whole tone and narrative of the anime. Pretty great.
Sep 16, 2022 12:53 AM
Jan 2021
THIS WAS A MASTERPIECE OF AN EPISODE
Sep 16, 2022 12:58 AM
Apr 2022
It is pretty fascinating how drastically the tone of these episodes sometimes changes, from chill, relaxing, carefree ferry rides to high adrenaline, violent, chaotic, bloodthirsty roller coasters...and it is executed with such finesse, it leaves you speechless. With the last episodes coming up, you can’t help but expect a season two at this point. The story seems to have just lifted off, with Kou’s brush with Anko and the suffering vampire having him just realize that vampire’s are more than just pristine skin and wicked charm. There’s a whole lot of anguish and sorrow that comes with vampire’s feasting on humans; a terrible mess that usually creates a hole in the lives of those around the affected.
thunderkitten13Sep 16, 2022 9:38 AM
Sep 16, 2022 1:59 AM

Feb 2011
Not a bad episode.

Sep 16, 2022 2:19 AM

Aug 2019
Holy shit, this series took a turn. I can’t wait for what happens next
Sep 16, 2022 3:07 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Wasn't thinking much of this episode at first, just some kids breaking into their school and having fun yeah yeah whatever....

...but damn. Sh*t hits the fan real quick

NYANPASU
5700XT

Sep 16, 2022 3:12 AM
Jan 2022
IDK I really liked this show to begin with but the last few episodes have been boring af. Where's vampires fighting it out? Can't believe theres only one more episode left and we haven't seen much from the vamps.
Sep 16, 2022 4:18 AM
Mar 2022
The unexpected shift from the fun show to something so serious. And as an anime only, that through me off guard. Pretty intense episode. S tier for enjoyment.
Sep 16, 2022 4:20 AM
Apr 2021
Disoriented said:

So due to the fact I read ahead on the manga I don’t really wanna spoil too much…but don’t focus on the sun light… focus more on that ring, the material of the ring didn’t matter, more who it use to belongs to matters…They will explain everything in due time.
Sep 16, 2022 4:22 AM
Jun 2022
JoelyB_5503 said:
IDK I really liked this show to begin with but the last few episodes have been boring af. Where's vampires fighting it out? Can't believe theres only one more episode left and we haven't seen much from the vamps.

two episodes actually
Sep 16, 2022 6:08 AM
Jul 2021
never expected to turn this deep about vampire. im loving it. personally i feel like this anime is kind of like bakemonogatari but is more understandable in dialogue and characters. i sure hope to god we get a sequel it's sooo good
Sep 16, 2022 6:28 AM

Feb 2018
He's now realising things might not be so simple when it comes to vampires.
Sep 16, 2022 7:25 AM

Jul 2021
What's up with the sudden intense episode?

I haven't watched Detective Conan but I definitely felt that was a DC reference.

I almost didn't believe when they acutally found the missing teacher in that classroom.

We are made aware of what vampires are capable of and how not all of them are good like the ones Ko is aquianted with. Bad vampires must exist just like good ones do. They must be enjoying making people fall in love with them and then leave them after turning them into their off-spring. These new vampires having no one to turn to, not understanding what they have become and how to deal with it end up leading a miserable life cursing the one who made them like this till the end.

The teacher was on such case, it was pretty fucked up to be honest especially when you add how he managed to restrain himself for 10 whole years all b himself and all of it went to shit when our trio found him.

We also found how Vampires indeed are affected by sunlight and die to it's exposure but not unless they are holding that ring.

And the detective woman knows what Ko is planning to do, she saw the teeth marks on him. Not gonna lie the woman is kinda scary and Ko really looked like a dumb kid in front of her, speaking righteous things without fully understanding the situation. I was hoping for comedy, massage and fan-service when the woman was introduced but this isn't too bad either.

Now I understand why we got that cute and fan-servicy episode last week. That was calm before the storm this episode was.

A different kind of episode than we usually get but still pretty great. 5/5.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Sep 16, 2022 7:31 AM

Mar 2022
Anko is PERFECT! The VA, the demeanor, 10/10

The sunlight/ring/vampire demise thing is a pretty big plot point further on in the manga that would be a shame to spoil
Sep 16, 2022 8:26 AM

Jan 2013
It's almost like the entire series was a fantasy and this episode was the biggest wake up call to the real world.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Sep 16, 2022 8:49 AM
Mar 2015
Welcome Ms Detective Fearless Vampire Hunter
Sep 16, 2022 9:23 AM
Jun 2022
is this the beginning of the main story plot? if so then it good to know that starting from this episode the story will be more exciting
Sep 16, 2022 9:49 AM
Jul 2018
Oh my, that was really a new perspective of Vampires for me. Eek
Sep 16, 2022 12:08 PM

Nov 2013
Wow, never expected such serious episode after load of bull we've been having lately. Quite a big advance in worldbuilding. Things just got interesting.
Sep 16, 2022 12:18 PM
Apr 2021
one hell of a banger episode !!!
Sep 16, 2022 12:35 PM

Jan 2018
Suddenly, shit hit the fan.

I knew the moment Anko showed up that she was a vampire hunter. It would've been more surprising if she wasn't one. The stakes have been getting higher ever since that vampire council showed up but I didn't expect it to reach this level so soon.

Sep 16, 2022 1:10 PM

May 2018
I wonder how many times Anko gets sucked :O
Sep 16, 2022 1:15 PM

Aug 2022
Probably the peek of the anime.

This episode just give the whole series a new level.
Sep 16, 2022 1:29 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I didn't like the detective character when I read the manga but then they get sexy sultry voice Miyuki Sawashiro to voice her and now of course I totally dig her. Classic!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 16, 2022 2:13 PM
Apr 2021
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooow
Sep 16, 2022 2:40 PM
Aug 2021
mtmtmtm bom cheio d plot
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» MC’s Age??

sekaistar - Yesterday

31 by Asahinchi »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

381 by Nikmomo93 »»
Apr 27, 2:14 PM

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2022

231 by korsarz »»
Mar 30, 1:31 PM

» Second season confirmed by a reliable leaker.

lucio54 - Mar 10

35 by UnfunnyKing »»
Mar 28, 11:44 AM

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mimimilk - Jul 4, 2022

383 by Mailo91 »»
Mar 26, 4:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.