Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 15, 2022 9:32 AM

Nov 2011
Nazuna floating above the bed is priceless.

Anko is an intimidating detective but also very observant. Seems her speciality deals with vampires. This episode also got very dramatic with Kou's friends getting caught into some mess. Poor Akira but it's a good thing Kou was there to help her on time.

I think Anko is definitely someone to watch out for
Sep 15, 2022 10:01 AM

May 2020
Even as an adult you should think twice before hitting on older women but hey as if it matters to our stud Ko-kun. Even though it wasn't intentional but for a purpose, his knack of randomly bumping into ladies while strolling at night became a template so far lol.

Sneaking school at night and searching for those good ol' seven wonders is fun and all, until all of a sudden you encounter a vampire, "the ninth mystery" lol. Things seriously went above and beyond in those last few minutes.

With Anko making an appearance, and the whole mess with that human turned vampire, feels like we just witnessed a sudden tone change from the usual easygoing theme. And yeah Anko knows a whole lot about everything.. just the kind of character one would expect from Sawashiro Miyuki.
Sep 15, 2022 10:54 AM

Jul 2017
Wow, so working as a maid does allow you to buy more furniture and spruce up your home. Nice work, Nazuna.

The newest character in the cast list (Anko Uguisu) is Ko's next hit target to bring in customers for Nazuna's cuddling shop, and too bad (or good, rather) for him, she's a private detective that piques his interest about his fantasy of detectives. And she's searching for Akiyama Akihito a.k.a Akkun with a stern look on her face, though Ko might've just got a shock about it all the way.

The vampire-potential kids of Ko, Mahiru and Akira hit it out in the night sneaking into school and delving into the natural "7 school mysteries" folklore of rumours, it's pure undulated fun spending the night with friends. But that one mystery where a teacher is rumoured for his disappearance that came back to haunt the school, it's for real and the ordeal was scary.

And this is where Unko steps in, hitting the jackpot with the whole vampire ordeal, and rightaway she's certainly a different breed altogether, trying to alleivate the vampire teacher whom hasn't had his fill for 10 long years, and gave him a funeral with the ring that ultimately faded with the bask of sunlight, dying as a human being. This was probably the moment of enlightenment for Ko, being criticized by Anko about his knowledge of vampires, and this is a major turning point for the boy whom has sunk deep into the vampire business.

Anko's a compelling character, and she's the game changer that would go awry for Ko going forward.
Sep 15, 2022 10:56 AM
Sep 2015
I should have known better that if there's a vampire then there must be a vampire hunter. I tricked myself into thinking that vampirism is the secondary priority of this anime, but it really is the primary after all.
Sep 15, 2022 11:06 AM
Oct 2021
This episode took me for a ride!
From fun and strange most of the time to suddenly Madoka levels of serious in the second half.

This threw me for a loop but I am all here for it!
Sep 15, 2022 11:13 AM

Aug 2019
Finally the detective is here!!

Sep 15, 2022 11:19 AM
Apr 2020
This episode completely switched the usual casual theme it usually carries. The detective is gonna be someone to look out for. I wonder how this affects Kou's relation with Nazuna though. And isnt Nazuna in trouble now since basically the detective is stalking Kou and Kou meets Nazuna every night? Cant wait for the next episode though.
Sep 15, 2022 11:20 AM
Sep 2015
This might be my first anime ever that I've witness a character younger than a legal drinking age buying alcohol drinks.
Sep 15, 2022 11:21 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Nazuna is very happy at the money she is earning working.
Kou comes across a woman smoking and wants to look for people who are sleep deprived. HE tries to not sound like he is hitting on her xD.
She accepts and they go to a cafe to talk about the details.
She jokes about reporting Nazuna's business which Kou is working for underage to the authorities lol.
The woman is interested in a massage as her legs are hurting.
She works as a private detective?!!
Not for murders though xD.
She asks him if he has heard of a person called Akihito-called Akkun by his friends and shows him a picture...
She sees his reaction and grabbed his arm very fast!
That was pretty scary lol.
She leaves the building after that and apologises for startling him.
She reminds me of L from Death Note a bit.

Later on, Akira, Kou and Mahiru hang out for a bit.
They go into the school building and investigate the seven mysteries!
Hanako responded to Akira but it was just Mahiru xD.

Ah, this reminds me of Higanbana No Saku Yoru Ni (play the VN not read the horrible manga).

Mahiru brings up a teacher who went missing around 10 years ago and it is still an unsolved mystery...
Seems the rumour goes the teacher shows up in a classroom at the middle of the night.
But the other two don't really care lol.
They decide to investigate it anyways and sure enough, in the middle of the classroom was...
A TEACHER!
He grabs Akira, gets on top of her and is dribbling!
Mahiru runs to pull him off her but Kou is too shocked to do anything as the teacher is a vampire!
He smacks him with a chair and that seems to knock him out.
But something is off and this vampire is a lot more different to the others...
He seems to be warning them to get away from him before he can't control himself.
And the person who reveals themself...
IS THE STRANGE SMOKING WOMAN!
The teacher lunges at her but she just wraps her arms around him and lets him bite her neck!
And she seems to know about vampires...
The teacher had been restraining himself from drinking blood for 10 years.
He can't help himself from crying...
I feel sorry for him. He was tricked by a woman he fell in love with who was a vampire.
The smoking woman puts a ring in his hand and he seems to be in pain...
She says he can die as a human being and he soon fades away into dust...
The woman introduces herself as Uguisu Anko.

And it seems she knows stuff about vampires that Kou doesn't...

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 15, 2022 11:26 AM

Mar 2021
For a pretty chill show that seemed more slice of life than anything, things are really progressing in an interesting direction. Even if there is not enough season left for a major story arch or conflict, the fact that so much time has been spent getting to know the characters and setting makes everything just seem more meaningful.
Sep 15, 2022 11:40 AM
Mar 2021
The series took a turn from the child-adult love trope and shot it straight into monogatari territory. S-tier shift.
Sep 15, 2022 11:40 AM

Dec 2019
Man that 2nd half was nuts lol cant wait for next ep like always this easily my aots
Sep 15, 2022 11:46 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Ko really ends up running into quite the unique cast when wandering huh. To think that this time he would meet a private detective. Rare field these days. Nice reference to case closed though. Still the three childhood friends opting to infiltrate the school at night to have fun sure was amusing as their demolishing of the schools seven mysteries. To think that one of them ended up being a vampire that had abstained from bloodsucking for a decade. But still that sure was a unique way in which the old vampire was allowed to end his existence. Better to die human than hurt innocent people. Overall an interesting ep that while enhancing the bonds between Ko and his childhood friends also did well to introduce a new character in the form of Anko whose entry here really spiced things up for Ko. Curious at whether she will become an antagonist for him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2022 12:17 PM
Oct 2019
This show gets better every fucking episode I swear to god. Its also I good way of showing us the other side of the other vampires that trick humans into creating them into vampires
Sep 15, 2022 12:19 PM

Oct 2017
Things got serious fast, the new character seems quite troublesome. How will things go on from here?
Sep 15, 2022 12:26 PM

Jul 2022
Love the brown and black colour scheme that gets put on when the detective lady is around.
Sep 15, 2022 12:34 PM

Dec 2015
WTF WAS THIS EPISODE?!
I was glued to the screen, this anime keeps getting better and better.
Sep 15, 2022 12:35 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So a new character appears in Call of the Night and its the Anko the Private Detective who ran into Ko while he was helping Nazuna search for customers. Apparently she was searching for Akkun and ask Ko if he knew him, but of course he lied about it. Ko, Akira, and Mihiru seek into the school to debunking the seven urban legends in Japanese schools including Hanako-san. What they didn't expect is to run into another vampire at the school. This is the first male vampire we seen so far and he attacked Akira. Ko and Mihiru managed to get the vampire off Akira, but the vampire was still pursuing them. In comes Anko who knew how to handle vampire in the most unconventional way by letting the vampire bite her until the vampire realized that her blood was no good. That vampire must have nerves of steel to abstained from sucking blood for a decade, but he reached his breaking point once he saw some humans. Anko was able to comfort the vampire by letting him die peacefully as the sun rose. Once again Ko was confused as he entered the world of vampire-ism without knowing anything about vampires or at least know what their weaknesses are.

Wouldn't be a vampire story without a possible vampire hunter.
Sep 15, 2022 12:39 PM

Oct 2014
I was as stunned as Ko with the sudden turn of events
Sep 15, 2022 12:41 PM
Jan 2018
Nice change of pace
Sep 15, 2022 1:02 PM

Mar 2008
Oh yeah, it's finally here. And of course Ms. Detective looks great. Sawashiro Miyuki is perfect for this role.

And this is just the beginning of the great arc. Ahhh... Waiting for the second season will not be easy. But... must... not... spoil.

Sep 15, 2022 1:07 PM
Apr 2020
best episode so far, loved the new character
Sep 15, 2022 1:09 PM
Aug 2016
Damn that was an interesting episode! wow
Sep 15, 2022 1:15 PM
Jan 2021
new character reveal. new storyline. should have happened earlier. last episodes weren`t that good imo.
Sep 15, 2022 1:17 PM

Aug 2018
I believe I finally encounted the "mad vibes" everyone was talking about this anime contains. Took a long time. This anime so far was like half of a snooze-fest for me.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Sep 15, 2022 1:27 PM
Apr 2021
Holy SHIT that was one hell of an ending Ko just walking silently and shit really left me speechless bc the second half of this episode seriously took a turn that hit me like a truck.😵‍💫 I should’ve known better that if there are vampires then there’s gotta be a counter force to the vampires which are the vampire hunter like Anko for ex. who hunts them. And Nazuna doing that twirling spinning thing killed me🤣😭
Sep 15, 2022 1:43 PM
Apr 2021
Things are about to get interesting
Sep 15, 2022 1:58 PM
Jul 2021
As good as it gets ... turned the story on it's head with a darker outlook ... E10 missed a key element from the manga BUT E11 well makes up for any production decisions.

I sat open mouthed and very happy at the quality!
Sep 15, 2022 2:13 PM
Jan 2022
Woah, this episode was a ride, it went from fun, and innocent watching the three hang out together as friends, to insanely dark. When I saw the missing teacher my genuinely felt chills go down my spine, I felt like the three of them. I'm so confused though, what so bad about being a vampire? Is there something Nazuna is keeping from Kou? I'm like completely freaking out thinking about all these different theories. Hopefully we get some answers before the end of S1.

AHHHHH RESIST URGE TO READ AHEAD IN MANGA!! ONLY 2 WEEKS LEFT
Sep 15, 2022 2:20 PM

Dec 2020
Again what a nice episode this anime is one of the best of this year, every episode id gives me so crazy vibes.
I thought that this private detective would come back xD.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Sep 15, 2022 2:32 PM

Jul 2020
This vampire thing might not be so cool after all
Sep 15, 2022 2:36 PM
Jul 2022
I just loved this EP, the detective's air of suspense and the action scene at school are wonderful!
Sep 15, 2022 2:46 PM
Jan 2021
nazunas spin into the bed is how i wish i was when i jump into bed.
todays episode was bloody awesome, that detective is something else, i hope we get to see more of her cause her character is interesting as hell, great job VA!
i liked the more normal take on vampires in this episode, i have a feeling that the teacher was talking about nazuna.
Sep 15, 2022 2:48 PM

May 2015
The end was pretty sad.
Sep 15, 2022 3:34 PM
Jan 2022
Definitely one of the more interesting episodes. It's amazing what can happen when we're not focused on the fanservice. But can I also just ask, why are all these older women so into this 14 year old cookie cutter looking kid?
Sep 15, 2022 3:43 PM

Mar 2016
Perhaps my favorite episode so far. Looks like we’ve reached my most enjoyed parts from the manga, where the plot starts moving forward instead of just the mundane segments it mostly consisted of. Anko’s introduction was great, as she presents herself as quite the obstacle for Kou by exposing the more grim and consequential side with vampires. The visual direction was impeccable here as well, especially with the last scene with Kou walking by himself with signs on either side. I just wish the series overall was as consistently engaging as with here and with episodes 7 and 8.

Too bad we only have a few more episodes left. Hopefully the promotion and sales for both anime and manga go well enough to give more incentive for future seasons.
Sep 15, 2022 3:44 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I wanna start by saying Anko is an absolute waifu, she’s asking if i mind that she’s an older woman and that she smokes? Bro, let me dive in there lol, I absolutely love her, vampire detective/hunter is badass too, and I gotta wonder if she’s a vampire herself because of how her blood didn’t taste good, but maybe smoking does that lol.

But man, besides me simping for Anko this was a pretty wild episode. It started off interesting with meeting Anko and finding out she’s a detective looking into Akkun, and then it became fun and wholesome with Kou and his friends having a good time hanging out at school at night. Then, it takes a pretty spooky turn with the vampire teacher about to have a whole feast on Akira, but then Kou gets the chair hit in which saves her. And then the ending, I definitely have lots of questions but it was very cool, nice to see that we’re learning about a dark side of vampires and this will definitely make Kou question himself on becoming a vampire.

Also as a final note, Nazuna pimping out her business was funny lol, I’d definitely sleep there.
Sep 15, 2022 3:51 PM

May 2020
Tamaki-Chan94 said:
Definitely one of the more interesting episodes. It's amazing what can happen when we're not focused on the fanservice. But can I also just ask, why are all these older women so into this 14 year old cookie cutter looking kid?

Because he has nice hair and sexy tired eyes is my guess. Same reason I'm into Akira even though I don't normally like girls with huge boobs.
Sep 15, 2022 4:06 PM

Sep 2017
Huh this episode is weird. Trying to sneak a plot into this series I guess? This does raise some questions I suppose because it's pretty strange. So far all the vampires we've seen are cute girls who can live normal lives, so what all male vampires become these deranged mfers who need blood and can't go out in sunlight? Kinda stupid if that's how it's supposed to work.

Trick the reader into being all "oh look hot anime vampire girls, that rly gets me going. I can't wait till MC-kun gets to become a vampire" but then "on no male vampires are actually deranged monsters what drama." They avoided showing us any male vampires the entire series, but maybe that's just because "ew boy characters. Teenager readers in Japan don't want to see that" (literally one other male character in the entire show) so I'm not sure. If it really is a stupid meta reason like that then idk wtf was wrong with old man here because clearly vampires can live just fine.

Akkun did become a vampire apparently but we saw absolutely nothing happen to him physically/mentally in the few seconds we got with him as a vamp and haven't seen him since.

Idk maybe it's rly just vampires can live totally normally except in rare circumstances, so I, the detective vampire hunter must kill them all. Even that is kinda sus because she clearly knows about some of our female vamp squad as she knew about Ko's wish to become a vamp. Has she been staking out for the right time to kill them? Or once again are female vampires okay?
Sep 15, 2022 4:09 PM
Jan 2022
GhostCow said:
Tamaki-Chan94 said:

Because he has nice hair and sexy tired eyes is my guess. Same reason I'm into Akira even though I don't normally like girls with huge boobs.

L from Death Note has tired sexy eyes. This kid is just breaking his curfew and doing really nothing of interest.
Sep 15, 2022 4:16 PM

Jan 2020
Oh my stars ~ smoking and dead eyes? Has the true best girl suddenly appeared? AND she's promiscuous? Oh no, Nazuna is suddenly at risk for losing her spot on my profile favorites.

What is going on in Japan that, like, every school has seven mysteries associated with it? The whole country is just haunted. Spoops.

Well, this might be my new favorite episode. Though I'm highly torn about Anko as she seems to be adamantly against Ko's dream of becoming a vampire. Still, this was a well done episode and the story really just ramped up. It'd be interesting if the vampire who turned the missing teacher turned out to be Nazuna.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Sep 15, 2022 4:17 PM
Apr 2021
My fav character finally makes her appearance.
Sep 15, 2022 4:58 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
This entire episode felt like something out of monogatari, the change in atmosphere was excellent.
Sep 15, 2022 5:02 PM

Nov 2011
Thought this episode was Flawless from start to finish. Fucking fantastic episode.

Anko is such a good antagonist and I feel like her late introduction into the anime gives it a good chance for a season two.

Nazuna definitely turned that teacher into a Vampire

Kou coming to the realization that he knows nothing about Vampires.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 15, 2022 5:26 PM

Jul 2008
Tantei-san!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
My candies:
Sep 15, 2022 5:33 PM

May 2021
Easily one of my favorite episodes, so far. We have been shown how vampires have a somewhat dangerous side but this episode shows just how much more dangerous it can be than what has already been shown thus far. It's also interesting since it makes Ko question whether or not to go ahead with his plan to become a vampire. If it's going to be just as interesting from here on, I am picking up the manga.

Sep 15, 2022 5:43 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh yeah some night trip to the school just to find one guy that has been a vampire for 10 years without even knowing it and didn't resist tasting the blood, that's kinda sad, especially how the detective had to kill him, there's still a lot to learn about these vampires and their differences, though I like the detective girl, I wanna see more of her now.
Sep 15, 2022 6:03 PM

Apr 2021
the detective's voice actress is really great.
Sep 15, 2022 6:05 PM

Sep 2011
Gdi you can't just have Miyuki Sawashiro voice a sexy older woman. It's just not fair. How am I not supposed to be attracted to her?
Sep 15, 2022 6:05 PM

Nov 2020
i swear to fuck i'm gonna be so mad if this new detective character really shows up for the final three episodes and talks yamori out of becoming a vampire
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» MC’s Age??

sekaistar - Yesterday

32 by Tsuna-Ryu »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

381 by Nikmomo93 »»
Apr 27, 2:14 PM

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2022

231 by korsarz »»
Mar 30, 1:31 PM

» Second season confirmed by a reliable leaker.

lucio54 - Mar 10

35 by UnfunnyKing »»
Mar 28, 11:44 AM

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mimimilk - Jul 4, 2022

383 by Mailo91 »»
Mar 26, 4:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.